Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:48:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773266
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 344
Total: 345

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Lets Destroy Some Denim !!  (Read 4900 times)

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
Lets Destroy Some Denim !!
« on: June 20, 2006, 09:05:12 am »
In the 'What Goes Around Comes Around' world of Fashion, Ripped faded and generally Trashed Out looking jeans have come back 'In' over the last couple of years. Anything 'good' is easily over a hundred bucks- which I Aint coughing up- not when Ive got plenty of ink stained, ripped and otherwise F**ked up jeans in the back of the closet. I picked up a package of RIT Color Remover yesterday and plan on a little 'Do it Yourself' denim destruction on a pair of Levis ( good ones, back when they were still made in the USA !) that I spilled some bleach on years ago and pretty much never wore again...  Any suggestions??  I definitely dont want to use that crap in the washing machine, no matter how 'safe' the package says it is,  so I figure Ill just fill the Utility Sink in the Garage up and soak them in there, then possibly complete the look with a wire brush job , then possibly get a little Jackson Pollack with some beet Juice, Wine and possibly housepaint,.... I recently saw a shirt that had been spray paint stenciled .... for like $250. so I guess a little Rust-Oleum wont hurt either...
Cliff, Wanna mail me your $600 shirt ? I could add some value, maybe with some '70s  velvet Iron on letters or some fake Tattoos we could get it worth a cool Grand. ;D
Yep, A few cold ones, and Ill be in the mood for this. Good subject for my next Videoblog too. Might as well pick up some Converse Chuck Taylors and fuck them up too to match, maybe drag them behind my truck for a few miles  just for good measure.
Anyway I need some more suggestions  from some of the fashionably creative folks here, three pairs of Levis are up for 'modification' .  I also have a pair of Doc Martens that I wore as Work Boots for a couple of years -and look like it-  ( BTW they arent all that comfortable, maybe for styling around a Mall in Suburbia, but for a 12 hour shift in a commercial printing plant, they suck..)  any suggestions for them? maybe replace the laces with speaker wire or something.

Lwood
who is getting in touch with his 'inner Punk' today...

P.S, I just remembered that I also have some Muratic Acid handy, I wonder what THAT shit does to denim ??? :P

« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 09:14:28 am by Lwood »
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline Basquo

Re: Lets Destroy Some Denim !!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 09:19:44 am »
Cut the front ply of the fly off, exposing the buttons or zipper.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 09:44:02 am »
Lwood I think I will FedX you my bedazzler....it ain't been touched since the 80's. ;)

Offline Lwood

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 10:23:33 am »
What is a Bedazzler ? <shudders>  is it advertised in the back of Honcho magazine? or is that just the Dazzler, I forget.

I wonder where I can locate a Reyataz  Iron On ? Ill probablly have to get some Iron on material for my printer and make my own, might as well do a Biohazard too while Im at it....on the ass ofcourse. It will solve my ongoing dilemma of what to wear for a clinic visit... ::)

Offline Lwood

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 04:13:52 pm »
Shameless self promo here, but I did a videoblog to lead up to the denim Massacre in the making..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ4SdEZPni8

« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 04:23:46 pm by Lwood »

Offline Oscar

• 20 Years POZ
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 05:08:26 pm »
Let me tell you a story from my college days about destroying some denim.

Back when I was enrolled ( I was enrolled but I hardly ever made it to class) at Ole Miss. Over dyed denim was all the rage in the early 80's. We could afford to go to the Mall and buy those expensive jeans so we made our own. My boyfriend at the time decided that we would dye them ourselfs. The dorms at old miss had a communal bathroom on each floor. After everyone had gone to bed we went into the bathroom and stuffed toilet paper down the drains of the sinks and dyed our jeans in the bathroom. the next day when the other guys on our floor went into the bathroom to take their showers for the day they found the sinks stained by rit dye in bright blue, purple, red, &  all the toilet paper from the stalls stuffed down the sinks. The maintenance dept wasn't very happy to say the least. They went from room to room asking everyone if we knew anything about it. When they came to our dorm room my boyfriend answered the damn door in a pair of the jeans he had dyed the night before. They asked him if he knew anything about the bathrooms. He told them he knew nothing about it & they believed him! LOL

Dan

Offline Nadine

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 05:56:14 pm »
Thanks for the blog...it is so nice to laugh at...oops, I mean WITH you  ;) Have fun destroying those jeans!

I agree, we need to see someone else blogging real soon! Dang, last one was in April

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.