Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:04:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 718
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 655
Total: 655

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: CD4 cells automaticcly increased  (Read 3408 times)

Offline Davidjudas

CD4 cells automaticcly increased
« on: October 31, 2014, 02:32:46 pm »
Hello everybody... help me o understad what happening with me ... iwas diagnosed Hiv + at 2014 feburary then my CD4 count was 493 and cd4/cd8 was 0.59 and vl.8060 .. then i reapet it in October 25 now my cd4  count are 1010, m cd4/cd8 1.1 and vl=8080, i dont use meds ... fitnessing hard and drink 3 cups of green tea everyday.... is it normal , this tye of difference between 493 till 1010??
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 03:01:18 pm by Davidjudas »

Offline Almost2late

Re: CD4 cells automaticcly increased
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 02:37:51 pm »
Hi David, I don't know but the numbers are really great.. Have you tried asking Dr. Joel Gallant?, thats what I would do ;)...
http://hivforum.tumblr.com/

BTW, Welcome to this place :)

Offline zach

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 02:41:25 pm »
doubt the work out or tea had anything at all to do with the jump

yeah, its a big fluctuation, but i wouldn't look the gift horse in mouth, and don't read too much into it either

Offline Davidjudas

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 02:44:18 pm »
i know that tea and fitness cant make a cd4 count higer....but it is hard to belive hat my cd4 count doubled
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 03:02:53 pm by Davidjudas »

Offline AusShep

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 03:36:42 pm »
Are you in the US?  Is there a reason you're not undergoing treatment?

The CDC now pretty much discounts measurements for staging HIV infection during the first 6 months of infection if the date can be proven via a negative test.  This is because your numbers can vary greatly at the beginning with very low cd4 counts that then rebound and begin a decline over time. 

Offline Davidjudas

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 03:49:06 pm »
I lived in Armenia... i didnt take a meds.. when m cd4 count was 493 my docor said its ok lets wait 6 mount and we wil u u need a meds or no... so now my cd4 count is 1010.... 2 years ago i was negative

Offline zach

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 04:36:43 pm »
current recommendations are start treatment as soon as possible. what is rationale for waiting? what would you be waiting for?

you're numbers are good, keep them that way, it takes more than hope

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 05:03:22 pm »
You all have noticed David lives in Armenia.
Not every country treats at diagnosis. 

David thats a great result.  You have a lot of breathing room to figure out what is best for you.

How is medical care and treatment for this where your live? Do HIV+ people have access to a lot of the combos?  And how is it funded..
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline zach

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 05:40:41 pm »
actually i did misread, scanned america in my head

yeah, meech questions are spot on

Offline Davidjudas

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 02:15:59 pm »
i dont need meds right now, WHO also recomended to start treatment when cd4 count is near 500, but my cd4 count is high... have u seen this type of difference between 493-1010

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 02:50:06 pm »
Frankly, you need more than 2 tests, and over time, to see what your trend is.
Maybe your first test you were in the acute phase?  Then your body got its defense in order.
How many times a year will you be looking at levels?
Here in Switzerland its probably at least 4 times the year of diagnosis but then less. But here we start treatment.
If you aren't starting treatment it might be a good idea to get tested at least 3 times a year. Is that possible?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 09:56:34 am »
I have known people who have had these kind of increases in their CD4, especially when they are relatively early in their HIV infection as you seem to be.  As mecch said, it is the trend over time that matters.
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.