Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:21:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 338
Total: 340

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Nutrition, Wumpette Style  (Read 1623892 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Nutrition, Wumpette Style
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2011, 01:26:22 pm »
Well fuck. I took off the adhesive bit on the last stitches, the ones removed last Friday (for the first time) to take a shower (also the first fucking full shower) and what do I find -- puss and blood -- not gobs of it but enough to be concerned. So I cleaned it up with some sanitized wipes, put on some band aids, put on two pairs of socks on the foot,  will wear my podiatrist boot and use a cane to this Thanksgiving dinner. I actually tried to call my friend thinking I should just stay home but he's unreachable -- I love how 65 year olds don't keep their cell phones on unless they're going to use them. What's up with that?

I'll see if he can't take me to a pharmacy open on holidays for gauze and an Ace bandage, then hopefully my podiatrist office is open tomorrow. Won't hold my breath on that either.

I hate this crap, I really, really do. What a lame Thanksgiving.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline odyssey

• Mutiny of the neurons!
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2011, 08:18:20 pm »
Well fuck. I took off the adhesive bit on the last stitches, the ones removed last Friday (for the first time) to take a shower (also the first fucking full shower) and what do I find -- puss and blood -- not gobs of it but enough to be concerned.

Puss and blood, kinda like puss in boots? I hope you found pus and not a cat sewed into your foot! Wumpy what have you paid the doctors to do this time!?  :o

*edited for erroneous grammar, spelling, and punctuation*
01/09/09- diagnosed HIV+
01/16/09   CD4-425    22%  VL- 32,415
11/09- started Reyetaz/Norvir/Truvada
03/10- stopped R/N/T
10/18/11   CD4- 328   20%  VL- 84,000
10/25/11   CD4- 386   22%
10/28/11- start Truvada/Reyetaz/Norvir
12/30/11  CD4- 523  29%
03/08/12  CD4- 503  31%  VL 57
07/02/12  CD4- 897  43%
08/31/12  CD4- 745  39%
12/27/12  CD4- 884  40%
03/28/13  CD4- 819  39%
07/19/13  CD4- 739  40%
10/17/13  CD4- 535  36%
01/16/14  CD4- 743  43%

02/14- switched from R/N/T to Tivicay/Epzicom because of CKD 3 suspected from tenofovir.

03/14- switched back to R/N/T due to severe nausea and inability to eat on T/E.

04/01/14 CD4- 898  42%   VL-

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2011, 07:16:25 pm »
It's a Hamburger Helper kind of night  :-*

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2011, 07:59:11 pm »
It's a Hamburger Helper kind of night  :-*

-Will

That will fill you up for sure Wumpy.   

Roasted red bell pepper soup here tonight with a pimiento cheese sandwich.  Its been so warm around these parts we did the grill thing this evening.  The soup is actually pretty good with a few sauteed shallots and a bit of sour cream in it. 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2011, 12:14:00 pm »
I walked seven blocks for a cheese steak from Cosmi's Deli (the legendary place that tourists don't know about)

... and with a foot like this:

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2011, 03:12:39 pm »
^You have Barney Rubble toes.

but that looks quite painful (the toes not the sandwich)

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2011, 03:40:07 pm »
I used to have the most lovely feet -- everyone said so during jaunts to Miami as I ran around in my Gucci sandals at the Tides... but alas, no more. I'll just be happy if I can walk with no pain.

That said, I walked about 15 blocks today: pastry shop (about to have an almond chocolate croissant with Honduran coffee), post office (tasty Italian muscle queen in line there), Cosmi's Deli for that delish sammich and then back home to do 2 loads of laundry. Nothing like getting those skidmarks out, I say!

ps: don't worry Wumpettasauras, I still only weigh 168 @ 6 ft. tall. Dinner will be vegetarian :)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2011, 05:54:23 pm »

ps: don't worry Wumpettasauras, I still only weigh 168 @ 6 ft. tall. Dinner will be vegetarian :)

Look Porky, you need to refrain from calling me fat as we weigh the same

Tonight I will be having Weinies in Stewed Tomatoes with sauteed onions served over Whole wheat noodles.  

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2011, 07:11:45 pm »
To wit:

While somewhat lacking in color, the taste is exquisite and dances upon one's palette (and satisfies my urge for quick pasta)

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 07:56:21 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2011, 07:40:06 pm »
Now come on Wumpy, you know better than to argue with a city girl like Miss P, you'll loose that argument everytime, I don't argue w/ Miss P anymore, my shrink told me to just let her have her way, and take my meds and all will be just fine   :D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2011, 07:48:04 pm »
Now come on Wumpy, you know better than to argue with a city girl like Miss P, you'll loose that argument everytime, I don't argue w/ Miss P anymore, my shrink told me to just let her have her way, and take my meds and all will be just fine   :D

You know, my first boyfriend back in college had a shrink that said something like that... well, until he said to break up with me. But fuck that -- I was two-timin' on that kid with a hot, tall big dicked Italian guy anyway. Both of these guys were my first boyfriends and I couldn't remember their names if you paid me. I do know that the first time I had sex it was a three-way with these two guys, and in a freshman dorm room on the floor.

PS: uh, Wumpasaurus, what is in that putrid pasta dish you just made? I'm making pasta myself in an hour or so (you know, Yankee girls eat dinner at 9 PM... prime reservation hour in restaurants too... and we do NOT call it "supper") and I suppose in the interest of nutrition I will gladly post a picture.

All I can add is that if this forum expects me to marry Wumpy then I'm doing all of the cooking -- I can't eat bowls of pasta that look like something street vermin vomited on a paper plate. And I certainly wouldn't ever trust that queen with my clothing for laundry -- I mean I line dry black t-shirts (keeps the color intact!). I hate dusting and vacuuming so I guess he can do that, and he's in charge of chauffeur duties. Majorly.

As far as sex... well, he'll need to hire me young Dominican boys. On his dime.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 07:54:11 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline denb45

« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2011, 08:01:56 pm »

All I can add is that if this forum expects me to marry Wumpy then I'm doing all of the cooking -- I can't eat bowls of pasta that look like something street vermin vomited on a paper plate. And I certainly wouldn't ever trust that queen with my clothing for laundry -- I mean I line dry black t-shirts (keeps the color intact!). I hate dusting and vacuuming so I guess he can do that, and he's in charge of chauffeur duties. Majorly.

As far as sex... well, he'll need to hire me young Dominican boys. On his dime.

Ya know I'm really not seeing it myself, your to city, and he's to country, not that anything is wrong with this combo.........a man would have to have a 15 inch cock to please you, so that really narrows it down a a lot  ;D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2011, 08:04:17 pm »
.........a man would have to have a 15 inch cock to please you,  

...and a 2x4 to tie to his ass so he doesnt fall in.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2011, 08:28:16 pm »
Wumpy's no country girl -- he lives in a metropolitan area of 2 million people. Unless he's been lying to us like with his age. ::)

ps: dinner is served. Wild mushroom agnolotti drizzled with extra virgin olive oil (note portion size!)

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 01:37:34 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2011, 10:00:41 pm »
To wit:

While somewhat lacking in color, the taste is exquisite and dances upon one's palette (and satisfies my urge for quick pasta)

OK Wumpy -- now you know Miss P and I don't exactly run in the same circles and all -- but she hit the nail on the head about this mess.  I think I actually threw up a little when I saw this photo.  That is some NASTY looking shit and I'm half Irish -- we certainly know nothing about good cooking.

So -- part of you pre-nup should read that Miss P does ALL cooking for the family.  She can even pass on some of her fabulous recipes to your granddaughter.  After all, she'll need to be able to say how wonderful grandma's cooking was.........   ;)

Mike

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2011, 10:05:11 pm »
It does look like something that fell off a used bandaid .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2011, 04:22:04 pm »
Guess what's for dinner, Wumposaurus!? And I splurged on the $21/lb. tuna just for you :-*

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2011, 05:42:08 pm »
oops... I just pulled a Wumpy tonight. I'll grill that tuna tomorrow :)

... the lame part is that I was out of jalapeno peppers

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2011, 06:15:29 pm »
oops... I just pulled a Wumpy tonight. I'll grill that tuna tomorrow :)

... the lame part is that I was out of jalapeno peppers

Seriously people this looks like something you hocked up after a head cold starts to break. What the hell is it? btw, I just had my leftover weinies and noodles (up there^) as supper.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2011, 06:25:34 pm »
and to think people besmirched the pictures of "big" food I posted in the cookbook thread. :D If it didn't look appetizing, at least the pictures were unique and interesting. I'd be scared to taste the stuff I've seen in the pictures in this thread. LOL ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #120 on: November 29, 2011, 06:39:44 pm »
and to think people besmirched the pictures of "big" food I posted in the cookbook thread. :D If it didn't look appetizing, at least the pictures were unique and interesting. I'd be scared to taste the stuff I've seen in the pictures in this thread. LOL ;)

I think it was more your scary tiny face peering over the massive bowl  rather than the size of the pics itself  :P

btw Philly, I detest Tuna (had a horrific Tuna Fish sandwhich incident as a child) but I wouldn't mind some of that Pocono Rainbow Trout in the pic. Yum.

-W

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2011, 06:49:36 pm »
I detest Tuna (had a horrific Tuna Fish sandwhich incident as a child) but I wouldn't mind some of that Pocono Rainbow Trout in the pic. Yum.

-W

How odd ... I know a guy named Willy who had a Tuna incident as a child that put him off the stuff also .  :o
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2011, 08:30:04 pm »

btw Philly, I detest Tuna (had a horrific Tuna Fish sandwhich incident as a child) but I wouldn't mind some of that Pocono Rainbow Trout in the pic. Yum.

Silly queen -- real tuna doesn't taste like that tuna used from a can! You also obviously never enter a sushi restaurant, so we can't ever date. A $21/lb. tuna isn't like albacore tuna used in canned products, there are many species of tuna. What I bought is probably bluefin tuna. But "ps" I love canned tuna too :) Seriously nothing so pleasurable as a proper tuna melt and some fries, plus a Raspberry Coke (yes, made with Raspberry syrup)

and ps: that was a simple plate of corn tortilla chips with monterrey jack cheese melted on top in the oven... like a cheap version of nachos. I usually cut up jalapenos and sprinkle on it but was out of them.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 08:50:13 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline denb45

« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2011, 08:51:03 pm »
 ::) I'm I the only queer in here that likes fish-tacos  ;D

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #124 on: November 29, 2011, 09:56:31 pm »
I like them -- they make them at the fish shop around the corner that I went to this afternoon when I bought tuna -- 3 kinds. They also make Mexican lobster rolls.

Offline bocker3

« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2011, 10:21:25 pm »
Silly queen -- real tuna doesn't taste like that tuna used from a can! You also obviously never enter a sushi restaurant, so we can't ever date.

Don't be so quick to throw her away -- just think of her as a "challenge".  Your very own Eliza -- before you know it, you'll be she'll be ready for high society.

Mike
(who detests sushi -- fish should only be eaten after being properly cooked)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2011, 10:33:38 pm »

Mike
(who detests sushi -- fish should only be eaten after being properly cooked)

Nonsense -- even when you grill something like tuna it should still be raw in the middle. If you order it cooked well in a restaurant the waiters scoff behind your back.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2011, 10:37:08 pm »
I'll be honest. I can't stand much made with canned tuna. It's really good for you as a source of protein, especially when weight training. It's got oils that are good for the skin, and if you can overlook the occasional flakes of Godzilla I'm sure it's tasty.

I've forced many a can down in my bodyboy days (which were followed by bodyboi days. Which are now supplanted by "I dont want fat pants" days). But I never, ever developed a taste for the stuff. But I still have plenty in the pantry and fridge, which, along with smoothies, are my "treats" after a workout.

I like smoothies, don't get me wrong. But without rum I'm never sure how to garnish.

But have ALWAYS loved me some sushi. A local place offers a sashimi plate for lunch at about ten dollars. A healthy wad of cash for us poors, but once every two months or so. I indulge. Raw tuna, squid, snapper, and beautiful red roe on a pile of sticky rice - with a side of Miso soup and enough wasabi and ginger to knock me out and make my breath smell good while unconscious, and I'm in heaven.

Never been sick from the stuff, thank God/dess. Not even when I had half a dozen CD4 cells.

But that having been said, I LOVE southern cooking. Specifically Cajun and Creole, which I am becoming rather adept at recreating in my shabby one bedroom hovel.

Trick is, as Philly pointed out, portion size. I bought smaller plates - especially bowls - and I've noticed a real difference.

But seriously, raw seafood is the best. Oysters to sushi, the stuff is magic. It's been worth my time on earth to experience those things. Well, and the cool as hell Indian guy with whom I used to spark up and mutually pleasure. But that's a raw food for another plate.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline denb45

« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2011, 10:57:54 pm »
Mike, you haven't lived until you had Maki Sushi  http://sushiday.com/archives/2006/10/26/how-to-roll-maki-sushi/

it's safe to eat and won't hurt you if prepared correctly  ;)

Offline denb45

« Reply #129 on: November 29, 2011, 11:08:02 pm »

Trick is, as Philly pointed out, portion size. I bought smaller plates - especially bowls - and I've noticed a real difference.

But seriously, raw seafood is the best. Oysters to sushi, the stuff is magic. It's been worth my time on earth to experience those things. Well, and the cool as hell Indian guy with whom I used to spark up and mutually pleasure. But that's a raw food for another plate.

\

Oh YES, I love  raw Oysters on the half-shell it's a magical and wonderful  experience  :P

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #130 on: November 29, 2011, 11:27:59 pm »
Talking' tuna, does anyone have a tasty tuna salad recipe that is healthful and doesn't involve fat-free mayonnaise (yuck)?

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #131 on: November 29, 2011, 11:58:48 pm »
Talking' tuna, does anyone have a tasty tuna salad recipe that is healthful and doesn't involve fat-free mayonnaise (yuck)?

Try some different types of mustards with your tuna.  We have some great varieties, throw in a few veggies and some fruit/nuts and you are good to go.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2011, 12:28:46 am »

I had a tuna salad made with avocado and wallnuts that didn't have mayo in it not long ago .

Here is a link for a similar recipe .

http://aprovechar.danandsally.com/?p=425
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2011, 02:37:55 am »
You know what's really good? Buy tuna steak and then have it ground and you can grill tuna burgers. Or if you own a KitchenAid mixer (like any proper queen should) buy the meat grinder attachment and do it fresh yourself :)

Offline bocker3

« Reply #134 on: November 30, 2011, 07:49:19 am »
Mike, you haven't lived until you had Maki Sushi  http://sushiday.com/archives/2006/10/26/how-to-roll-maki-sushi/

it's safe to eat and won't hurt you if prepared correctly  ;)

I'm not worried about the safety of sushi -- I simply detest the texture.  There is also probably a bit of it that is all in my mind too -- the thought of eating raw fish (or any raw meat) just doesn't appeal.

Perhaps someday that will change -- I used to hate brussel sprouts once and now love them.

Miss P. -- I've been scoffed at by too many people over the years to care about the kitchen help.   ;)

M

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2011, 08:05:48 am »
I'll dump a can of italian or spanish tuna in olive oil into too many things. 

Oprah agrees, it's outstanding!

http://www.oprah.com/food/What-to-Keep-in-Your-Pantry

Frankly, why do I suspect Oprah doesn't keep this list in her pantry, and doesn't go into her pantries (at her numerous palaces) all that often....

http://tandlesachin21.onsugar.com/oprah-winfrey-house-13323882

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline denb45

« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2011, 09:12:50 am »
I'm not worried about the safety of sushi -- I simply detest the texture.  There is also probably a bit of it that is all in my mind too -- the thought of eating raw fish (or any raw meat) just doesn't appeal.

Perhaps someday that will change -- I used to hate brussel sprouts once and now love them.

Every queer in the world likes raw meat, and  sushi  I sure do  :P  , tastes do change as we age, so I'll agree with you there, Bob HATES any kinda fish, I cannot get him to eat it @ all, the smell of it makes him SICK  ???

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2011, 10:18:15 am »
Mike, I used to not like sushi because of the raw fish thingie, but then I just gave into it and began to love it. Come to Philly and I'll take you here: http://rawlounge.net/gallery.html  There are always cute boys there :)

Offline denb45

« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2011, 10:42:54 am »
Mike, I used to not like sushi because of the raw fish thingie, but then I just gave into it and began to love it. Come to Philly and I'll take you here: http://rawlounge.net/gallery.html  There are always cute boys there :)

Now you know I'm a closeted Rice Queen...........shhhhh  don't tell Bob  ;D

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #139 on: November 30, 2011, 11:23:53 am »
There is an all you can eat Chinese place near my house that has really good sushi . I will gladly take the ridicule for admitting I eat sushi at an all you can eat place but its really good food there . The sea weed salad is my newest thing to love .

Most of my friends who come to visit are not on a budget like I am and balked at eating there the first time , now I cant get them to go anywhere else . My friend Micheal who is Chinese was the hardest one to convince to try the place but now he is the one that loves the sushi there the most .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2011, 11:48:26 am »
Silly queen -- real tuna doesn't taste like that tuna used from a can! You also obviously never enter a sushi restaurant, so we can't ever date.

I get that "real" Tuna is different than canned tuna (my ex was always trying to shove Grilled Tuna down my pie hole), but just looking at Tuna I get flashbacks of my babysitter forcing me to eat tuna sandwich then throwing it up and being forced to eat that. Just reading the rest of this thread is making me woosy LOL. I need serious psychotherapy.

However I LOVE Sushi and will eat just about any other fish. Also, Raw Oysters are lovely.

But that having been said, I LOVE southern cooking. Specifically Cajun and Creole, which I am becoming rather adept at recreating in my shabby one bedroom hovel.

I would love to be able to cook real authentic Cajun and Creole. A few years back my neighbor in Austin Who was from deep Louisiana would occasionally cook up a batch of Gumbo, oh it was sinful. Okra, tomatoes, shrimp, crawfish, sausage, and some ingredients she refused to ID.

-Will

PS- I had a late night snack of Pancakes with homemade Blueberry Compote and whip Cream around 11 last night  :-\ I'm so bad.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline buginme2

« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2011, 11:56:30 am »
Ive become an addict of the Sushi conveyer belt restaurants.  Its sushi fast food!

www.bluecsushi.com

So good!
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2011, 12:00:54 pm »
Ive become an addict of the Sushi conveyer belt restaurants.  Its sushi fast food!

www.bluecsushi.com

So good!

Thats looks cool.

I'm still hooked on the boats  :P

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2011, 12:18:57 pm »
Sushi is great. Not all types of Sushi are made from raw fish. I especially like the one wrapped with smoked salmon.  :)
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2011, 12:55:00 pm »
There is an all you can eat Chinese place near my house that has really good sushi . I will gladly take the ridicule for admitting I eat sushi at an all you can eat place but its really good food there . The sea weed salad is my newest thing to love .

That is so frightening.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2011, 12:58:47 pm »
That is so frightening.

I was waiting on this ... you never disappoint  ;) .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2011, 01:07:50 pm »
I was waiting on this ... you never disappoint  ;) .

I will only eat sushi at an upscale restaurant due to quality control of raw fish. It's really just common sense. Same with raw oysters -- I will not buy them at a dumpy place. I may be on a Social Security budget but I also don't want to get sick -- the key is having your wealthy older brother come to town on business and expense it all ;)

However, a nice cheese steak can be had at a shack.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2011, 01:15:43 pm »
I will only eat sushi at an upscale restaurant due to quality control of raw fish. It's really just common sense. Same with raw oysters -- I will not buy them at a dumpy place. I may be on a Social Security budget but I also don't want to get sick -- the key is having your wealthy older brother come to town on business and expense it all ;)

However, a nice cheese steak can be had at a shack.

I have always thought that an affordable restaurant has as much interest in serving food that wont make you sick as any upscale place . The health dept. score is on the wall for all to see in every restaurant .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline denb45

« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2011, 01:18:04 pm »
Just reading the rest of this thread is making me woosy LOL. I need serious psychotherapy.

Child PLEASE every-time i read something in this forum, I always need a good session of extensive psychotherapy  ;D

Offline wolfter

« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2011, 01:21:29 pm »
Every queer in the world likes raw meat, and  sushi  I sure do  :P 

That would be a big old negative......

In Seattle, I thought I was eating a veggie wrap and bit into a big old piece of something.  I was certain I would get sick, and I had no problem discreetly depositing it into a napkin.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.