Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:29:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 215
Total: 215

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I'm new and looking for people to talk to  (Read 6901 times)

Offline aasnyder

I'm new and looking for people to talk to
« on: September 14, 2006, 03:45:53 pm »
Well, Hello I am new to this, and am hoping to get to know more people out there.  I was diagnosed in Feb, and its difficult to deal with and since I live in a small community I dont have many people to talk to. I am married, and my husband is dealing with al this, and its difficult to deal with my kids since they know something is wrongg, but too young to understand, and tell them to keep quiet so they can lead a normal life. I am 30, sad and want people to talk to since I have nothing better to do with my time. I run yahoo all the time so its easier to find me there. Thank You, April
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 04:01:34 pm by aasnyder »
Want to know me? Don't be afraid to ask

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
Re: I'm new and looking for people to talk to
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 03:48:00 pm »
Welcome aboard, April.

Feel free to share whatever is on your mind. I'm sure someone, including myself, will be able to help you out with what you're feeling/experiencing.

Offline aasnyder

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 04:02:01 pm »
well thanks, glad to know this works..

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 04:43:05 pm »
HEY GIRL!!!

WELCOME HOME!!!...We have ALL shared those feelings of being like shit...But guess what? We are family here...Just talk about anything you wanna talk... You will ALWAYS be WELCOME!!!

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 04:57:45 pm »
Welcome to our family here on aidsmeds. There is someone always here to listen to any problems you may be having. All you got to do is ask and we are there. Welcome to the family April. :D

Offline aasnyder

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 05:12:07 pm »
THANKSSS for all the responses!! i love it..made my dayy...thanks find me with my messanger if u wish...april

Offline Teresa

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 06:45:41 pm »
Hi April,

WELCOME!

Glad you found us!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline IzPoz

• God, grant me the serenity...
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 09:51:13 pm »
Welcome to the forums, April.

I have a 13 year old daughter who has grown up with both her parents with HIV (she was 10 months old when we learned).  So, feel free to send me a message if you want to chat.

Be well :)
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline pragyamishra

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 11:42:31 pm »
Good Morning people( In my country India its morning so...) but for all others who do not share my time zone.... Good afternoon/ good evening

My best friend was diagnosed positive a few years a go. He underwent two rapid tests which came out positive. After he relocated himself to Thailand his Alisa came out negative. A few months later his routine out of fear he got himself tested & was tested positive. & all these tests are done in Govt. approved hospitals.  He is constantly living in fear & uncertainty & I can't find a way to help him ( Specially when he's In Thailand & I'm in India)

HELP!!!!!!!

Prags

Offline Eldon

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 11:58:02 pm »
Hello April, it is Eldon.

I wish to extend to you a warm WELCOME to the forum family here. Here you will find: understanding, communication, support, some cries, some laughter, and many answers to your questions relating to HIV/AIDS. There is a lot of information on this website at your disposal.

Here we have a great group of individuals who will listen and answer. Feel free to come and vent whatever is on your mind to get it all out. This is an excellent way to ADD to your current support system.

Again, Welcome, and have the BEST Day!

Offline poobear

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 12:13:56 am »
Hi April,
   Welcome to the family.  Everyone is great here.  Alot of info.  If you have any questions just ask, there is always someone who has an answer or suggestion.  I am posuive for 12 years and I am 32 now.  I wish you the best and hope to hear more from you.  Great Big Hug  Rachel

Offline Cherie

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 12:27:32 am »
Hi April

Welcome to the family.If you ever want to talk let me know and l will pm you my email account. I am just a couple of years older than you and new myself.

Cherie
"An adventure may be worn as a muddy spot or it may be worn as a proud insignia.It is the woman wearing it who  makes it one thing or the other."

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 01:28:41 am »
Hello April,

Glad you are here!  And by the way what a pretty name!   (OK, I am biased, I was born in the month of April...)

Warmest welcoming!
Drew

Offline pragyamishra

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 07:21:18 am »
Hey April!

Loved Chatting with you! Yahoo is such a gr8 invention!

Love
Prags

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 09:57:29 am »
Howdy April,
Welcome to the forums and our eclectic family, though I am sorry for you recent diagnosis.

The first year is always tough, maybe the toughest emotionally, because you are adjusting to the news and, in many ways, a new life.

If its any consolation, I have 21 years of living with the bug under my belt. Life does go on.

It sounds like you have your hands full with a hubby and children. Remember to take good care of yourself as well.

How are your numbers? Are you seeing an HIV doc?

I know, too many questions, but its my nature. Sorry.

Anyway, glad you found us and I look forward to hearing more from you.

HUGS,

Mark

"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 03:50:05 pm »
Hello April........

Welcome to the family.  Sounds like you've really been thru the mill lately.  Glad you found us.......
and we you.  I think you'll find this an excellent place for support and friendship.  Looking forward to getting
to know you better. 

{{{{{  BIG HUG  }}}}}
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 03:58:57 pm »
Welcome April! People here are willing to help you!
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.