Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:14:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 338
Total: 338

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Thread Part VII: Ovaries, Outcomes and Opportunities in October  (Read 61508 times)

Offline emeraldize

Re: Dating Thread Part VII: Ovaries, Outcomes and Opportunities in October
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2007, 07:58:42 pm »
ML  - FYI

http://jobs.aol.com/article/_a/september-jobs-report-is-solid-110000/20071005130509990001?ncid=AOLCOMMjobsDYNLprim0001

GQ - New Thread coming up indeed. I think our philosophy student should give it a crack...

watcha say BT?

Night Night All
Em

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2007, 08:33:44 pm »
Hi Em~

Thanks for the link.  The article pretty much echos what I have learned this summer.  I am still hopeful that a job will come through soon!

Cough is getting bad tonight, but I see my ID doc next week.  I'll certainly call my PCP this week if things get worse.  Off to get more tea.  Stone hasn't called in days, and I am just too tired.

~Cindy
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 08:54:27 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline camille07

« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2007, 08:35:13 pm »
Em-  thanks for the info, here here I shall Google the Gourds!  LOL

Cin-  Hope you start feeling better in no time.  Is it possible to easily change your blood work to next week if you're concerned?   My doctor suggests if her patients are feeling off then put your blood work off until we get better (off meaning common colds etc.)

BT-  Well you made it made through your first day in 14 years, whooo hooo.  As for your co-worker wow, I can't imagine what she's suffered and endured in one life time.....the loss of a child in an incredibly brutal nature and polio....geeesh. 

Hello to the rest of you girls.

Long and productive day off -"thank you Mr. Columbus".  Time to read a bit and get ready for another Owellian day at the office.

Hugs,

Cammie

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2007, 04:40:55 am »
Good morning ladies:

I was thinking about starting another thread, but my mind just isn't active yet.  I couldn't even think of a catchy title. :-\  I was out by 7:30 last night.  But it was a "good tired."  (You know, I never did figure out what that meant, isn't tired just tired). 

Cin, don't wait to see the doctor if you're not feeling better.  You don't want some nasty infection to take hold!  I know you will find a job.  I just got lucky.  But, of course, I didn't have any salary requirements either.  My doctor doesn't want me to work full-time, which I'm glad about, because I can't afford to lose Medicare.  Last year they paid $43,000 just for my medications!  I know that when I report to welfare about working, they will yank my food stamps (who cares, I only get $9/month anyway) and tack a bigger spend-down on my Medicaid.  But, oh well, I can live with that.  Anyway, I'm prattling on.  Please take care of yourself girl.  I don't want to hear any reports about some horrible infection that's got to be cleared up by the doc!

Nothing new to report really.  Just lurking.........
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline aserenityseeker

« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2007, 05:36:50 am »
Betty, one of your post said your knee Clicks alot. My daughter is 21 and since she was in mid teens her knees both sound like they are tearing when she bends etc. When she was younger they said it was her growing so fast as she is tall. Then in late 20's they say its lack of muscle. I and today she said her knees really hurt even when walking. She is not heavy and eats healthy, always has. I want her to h ave my chiro see her next week when she comes home to visit from San Francisco, she agreed. What caused your click if I can ask? ???
Dawn
Positive since: 1993
T-cells: 543
Viral load: Undetectable
Meds: Truvada & Kaletra

Positive, Alive and Seeking Serenity :)

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2007, 06:23:10 am »
Hi Ladies,

Cin, I hope you will see a doc asap if this doesn't get better. i don't know how it is over there, but here we can see an emergency doc after hours (not same as ER, just a clinic). I find these docs a lot more approachable than the normal GP so sometimes I just go there instead. I have had these things before and they always cleared up, but it's always good to have a doc listen to your lungs and pay attnetion to that. Get well soon!

As for Stone not calling... let's let you get well first. I am kinda ticked off about that, but you're the priority, since we can't do anything to change him. Except... call him and let you know how it makes you feel. My BF used to do that, like when I was visiting my parents, he'd just not email or call for days. It was like he forgot about me. He told me he was just no good at these things. But he's changed/learned now. This could be the case, just carelessness on his part. Or, I hate to say it, but there are still guys out there, Cindy honestly you are a pretty, vibrant, fun woman. I KNOW there are guys who would love a partner like you, whether they are neg or poz. But now is not the time to deal with that. As for the job, I know you're killing yourself trying, but maybe it would be best to give up some demands. I know how hard it is, but that's what I'd do. Of course there are some things like insurance which are indespensible, but money... money is just money. Just to make it clear I live off far less than 30,000$ a year for sure. Of course i don't have a house or a car. But cars and fuel are much much more expensive here anyway than in the US.
I'm just saying how much I make to emphasize that I too would love to make more and have a much better job, but I take what I can... not that you shouldn't aim high, but that you should cut yourself some slack, soemtimes there are things we can't control like a bad job market.

Betty, how's the new job going? I wish you luck, and that you enjoy it. I wish I had the discipline to do yoga, I like it, just doing it alone... so many things I want to do.

I couldn't post yesterday, was bummed with life, met my social worker at the hospital, work issues accumulating, stresses galore... but every yesterday has a today, and every today has a tomorrow, so I crawled out. The Black Sheep has been revived  ;D

The bestest wishes for everyone here! as I write this the sun just came out, but alas, I have Excel sheets to attend to... If I am good and work for 90 minutes straight, I'll go for a jog (I have to work from home b/c my new room is still being set up).
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

tendai

« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2007, 08:13:33 am »
Good men still exist, it just takes  time to find and get to know them 

not in Zimbabwe they dont.  they moved out of the country a whiles back and now we're left with the liars the cheats the commitment-phobes and the downright a##holes

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2007, 08:59:43 am »
CAM

get ready for another Owellian day at the office.

This sentence stopped me for a moment. Then, I realized you meant to write Orwellian (cuz of all the Big Bro actions as of late). BUT, what a great typo as this is the kind of day we can all strive for-- an O-well! ian day. Complete acceptance of what comes and dismissed with a snap and an Oh Well.

ML - Glad the article echos what you've observed this summer. I forwarded it because of the recent tally of 100,000+ new jobs which is some good news. BTW - the facial photos you posted were quite educational for me and I'm sure for others. Hope you hear from the firm whose CEO you liked. Re: your current illness+stress=challenged adrenals...do you take any supplemental vitamins?

DRAG - Black Sheep? Baaaaahh. Are trying to pull the wool over our eyes? Are you fleecing someone in the land of wooden shoes? Shear lunacy, I say!

BT -- Glad work went well for you.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2007, 11:24:40 am »
Cindy, sent you a PM
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2007, 02:57:50 pm »
Hi GFs~

Doing a little better today, although a recruiter called early today, wanting me to be at an interview in a matter of hours.  They told me this last week on Weds and I was ready to go, but never got the go-ahead call.  So, I called the recruiter today, and speaking like a pre-pubescent boy with his voice changing, I squeaked, "I can't go to an interview until I get my voice back."  They said they would try for tomorrow at 2pm.  Still no call to confirm.

I am pushing fluids, keeping my throat moist, and its helping.  I'm not too worried about my labs tomorrow, I'll go mid-morning and get them done, then hopefully go to the interview in the afternoon.  I don't take a multi-vitamin.  I have tried several times over the years and those horse pills tear up my stomach no matter how much food I have in me.  I get nausea and feel really sick.  It can last for a few days sometimes.

I spoke with my mother for an hour today, and she actually listened, to all of my garbled talk, about having to go to Social Services and considering getting food stamps, not having enough money for groceries, as well as unemployment ending in a few weeks.

She had no idea.  It all started when she said she was sending, yes SENDING, Halloween candy to my sister-in-law in Georgia, so that she would have something to give the trick or treaters.  She has been doing this for years!  That sounds kind, but also frikkin lame to me at the same time.  That's when I told her how bad things were for me, that I didn't qualify for help because none of my bills were late, because I have mortgage rather than rent to pay, etc.  I am closer than ever to landing a job with three very good prospects in the pipeline, so I am thinking positive.  Imagine that, lol!  ;)

My internet and TV were down earlier and I did call Stone when my voice came back some, as well.  I left a message, saying I wanted to catch up on things, and that I had been pretty sick for four days.  I hope he's just busy with work, who knows?  Maybe he's sick as a dog, too, like me.  Its been kind of strange not speaking to him for so long now, but I have been resting up with this sore throat.

I think I am doing a little better today.  I've always heard that when you start to cough, your illness is on its way out.  I coughed bad yesterday.  We'll see if it gets worse this evening or not.

~Cindy
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 09:11:17 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2007, 05:52:17 pm »
OK, so one recruiter called back and I am scheduled for 2pm tomorrow.  The job is only 2 miles from my house!  The pay is lower, but I have realized that its tough to make what I used to, and if a job is close by, I can go down a few thousand.

Can you see me on a scooter driving to work?!

Hee-hee!  Gotta get this voice back, sipping hot tea.  This time its cranberry-apple, BT!

~Cindy

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2007, 06:36:38 pm »
That's great news... will keep my cramped fingers crossed as well! Get some Strepsills for the throat.
2 miles... hmm... you could get a bicycle...
 :-*

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2007, 07:47:32 pm »
Hey, at least if I worked in Frederick, I wouldn't have to buy 4 new tires for the Jeep so soon.  I could go 4 miles a day forever, lol!   ;D

Offline camille07

« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2007, 08:00:43 pm »
Em- Obviously, you understood my intentions in my post but its great that you extrapolated the Oh well addition.  Speaking of addition, when is the new addition arriving?

I was with a girl friend yesterday and she said, "hmmm, getting the baby bangs".   I thought it was a haircut she was referring to.  "Baby bangs, what the hell is that?"  She starts laughing and said, "no baby PANGS".  Well,...... I'll leave my reply for a whole other thread  ;)

Cin-  Your post snuck in seconds before mine.  I didn't realize you were feeling worse.  And in the blink of an eye you are feeling a little bit better today?  That's the reality of posting, if you're gone for a day, its incredible how you can miss integral pieces of information. Geesh, thanks to your direction I might still be lost posting on old threads of yester-year.

BT - How was the 2nd day on the job? The second day is always better since you know the layout and everything isn't a complete mystery.   Waiting eagerly on the new thread title btw.

Tendai-  Believe me, New Jersey has its beloved share of liars and cheats.  I think I dated half of them :-\

I'm very excited.  A dear friend in the W. Palm Beach area is getting hitched.  She knows that my $$$ situation is tight, therefore,  flying me down and setting me up in a hotel for the weekend.   At first I was very adamant in not going and accepting her gift but she insisted based on her staying with me a few years ago.  Earlier today I find out from my sister that she is flying down to W. Palm the same day on the same airline for vacation.  Let me just add, I've never been there and she's never been there, what are the odds. Kinda bizarre right?

From the bizarre to the mundane mall. 
I was able to treat myself and buy a very cool betsy johnson dress.  A macy's gift card, that was long for gotten in my bedroom junk draw, was demanding to be utilized so I just had to comply.  The best part is the dress went from $235 to $32 with yesterday's sale.  I had just enough left on the card for shoes...again another bargain.  This is the first time in a very long time that I was able to treat myself and it felt great.

It was the only thing I received on my birthday (which is fine,  don't really like making a deal out of it as the sand grains slip downward gaining speed each year). Now months later it turned out to be a God send. 

Hugs to everyone and the rest of the ladies

Cammie

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2007, 05:13:07 am »
What caused your click if I can ask? ???
Dawn

Dawn, having no cartilage in my knee is what causes it to click.  The last time I went to see my orthopedist, he took x-rays of both my knees and told me my cartilage was totally crushed in my left knee; in my right knee, it's collapsing.  This all started when the last guy I was in a relationship with pushed me down a flight of stairs (yes, Tendai, there are assholes here also, believe me).  My kneecaps broke, and I didn't stay off of my feet to allow a little healing.  My left leg won't straighten out; it has a permanent bend in it.  When I bend/straighten my right leg, me knee sounds like someone's ripping a rag down the middle.  But, my doctor told me if I had a knee replacement now, I'd have to have another one in 10 years.  I really don't want to do this as I'm still able to walk right now(not in a wheelchair).

Cin, I do hope your throat is better today.  I'm so glad you have an interview today!  I'm sending lots of good energy to you. It's too bad you can't take a multi-vitamin.  I take a generic women's formula.  But if it upsets your stomach, I can understand why you don't take one.  I hate feeling nauseated!  Have you heard from Stone yet?

Queen, where are you?  Haven't heard from you in a little while. 

Cam, have lots of fun in West Palm Beach!  I've never been there, but I'm sure it's really nice.  That's nice of your friend.  Girl, don't even feel bad about letting her pay
for it if she wants to.  Just consider it a nice gift and get out there! 

Well, my second day went well.  We stayed a little longer, but oh well, we're getting paid.  One of the girls I go to school with told me last night that she worked where I'm working for a little while.  She said it was very mentally draining though, so she works somewhere else now.  But I can't complain, at least I'm working when so many people are losing their jobs and can't find work.

Today I was freezing when I woke up!  The temps went from the 80's down to the 40's.  Crazy shit man.  Yesterday I saw on the news about the polar caps melting.  This is scarey to me when I think about my grandchildren and their children.  I recycle aluminum.  I take it to my church because they recycle.  I wish I recycled more, but on the street I live on, the truck doesn't come by.  Which is very strange, because like 10 blocks over, the truck is there every week.  Maybe I'll just start hauling my recyclables to other people's houses where the truck picks up the things  (no, I wouldn't do that) ;) 

I hope all you ladies have a great day.  Cin, {{{BIG HUG}}} girlfriend!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2007, 05:20:26 pm »
Hi GFs~

I am exhausted from today.  Woke up at 5am with low blood sugar, but waited it out because I had to fast for my labs.

I had an excellent job interview today, the mgr called the owner right in front of me and set up interview #2 for tomorrow.  Looks like I will be employed as soon as I want to be, just have to be sure!  This job will pay more than I've ever earned and its 2 miles from my house doing what I love!

I am so excited and nervous!  I went right to my father's shop afterwards to bounce thoughts off of him.  He said everything I needed to hear, basically, "Go for it!"

I am totally distracted about working again, its a good thing!  I still have two other prospects in the pipeline, but I think this place will be my new home very soon.  They practically made me the offer today, except that I have to meet with the owner. 

I am totally beat, didn't get lunch, so I am going to go fall over.

BT thanks for the hug, Drag thanks for the emails and Queen thanks for the IMs. 

I hope everyone is doing OK out there.  Time to change the "Nut Job" slogan under my avatar to a more promising one.....  ;)

OH....just finished reading a sunny thread.  TY to my friends, male and female, who have stood by me.  Insert pac man theme........  ;)

~Cindy
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 05:35:13 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2007, 06:27:44 pm »
*Waving@Betty*.... Here, I am girl....I have been quiet here, but have been putting my thoughts elsewhere... ;) Today has been a year since I joined the forums so I started a thread over there but really has bonded with you ladies over here too. I love this place and the people in it.

Ok, Betty this thread is getting kinda long and we are waiting for you to start another one. I know you are a working girl now but throw something out there. We need to get another one going. The temps dropped here today too. I actually had to turn the heat on before I went to bed last night. When I got up, it was warm so I turned the heat off and opened the windows. It's still a little nippy out there. I was reading online that they think winter will be mild this year. I can only hope because over here we get slammed with a lot of lake effect snow.

Cindy, sounds like you have landed a job if all they are waiting for is you to meet the boss. It's good to have a job you like and the pay you want. As far as the IMs go, I'm always here for you even if I am afk. I got the last one you sent me, I'll get back to you on that shortly. LMAO@insert pac man theme. You liked that one, huh? :D

I hope all you ladies out there who are quiet are doing ok. It would be nice to hear from you. I must run, I have a roast to put in the oven before it gets too late. Last night me and the roomie didn't eat dinner til after midnight.....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.