Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:55:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 219
Total: 221

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Unprotected anal receiving  (Read 20438 times)

Offline questions817

Unprotected anal receiving
« on: February 24, 2010, 01:05:05 am »
So i met this guy on craigslist in october he said he was looking for a date... I hooked up with him and we had protected sex... I asked him before hand if he was neg and he said yes... jan 29th 2010 i hooked up with him at night and I didnt know the risks of precum and I also thought it was illegal to tell someone you are neg etc if they are not... So I asked him in emails and text and he said yes he was "clean" We got together and this guy seemed to be a nice guy...

We had some 69 on the ground me mainly fingering him... he was rimming me for about 3-5 min and then we got up and he ended up sticking it in me for like 20-25 seconds before telling me to turn over  (he is small and I dont normally bottom)... when he did that i told him i was going to do him and if he had a condom... he went upstairs to get a condom and lube...
the next day i smoked a cigar in the morning and had a scratchy throat... the next 2 days i had a scratch throat so i stoped smoking and that seemed to help....

6 days later i seen he had put another ad up on craigslist so i emailed him with a different email and asked him if he like bb and if he was poz he said he liked bb but he was neg i told him i was poz... i kept asking him questions like why he liked bb and he ended up saying yes he was poz and i told him thats messed up that he lied at first...(but didnt tell him it was me)
that night i woke up in the night sweating not drinched but sweating and had almost my first anxiety attack... the next day my stomach didnt feel to well and I was constipated... the next day still constipated and even though i wanted to go i couldnt really go (maybe one lil dropping if any) about day 9-11 i woke up with cramped stomach on the left... growling and the growling lasted maybe 4 days... i also had gas about 2-3 of those days only somtimes though (more than normal). On day 14 i woke up a little sweating again (it was cold again and the heat wasnt on but i had blankets) now its day 25 and i took a healthy poo 2 days ago and today but the bowel problem is still there... Stomach doesnt growl but today it was a lil crampy... Stools would be in the morning and I would fee like taking a big one and it would be a lil turd.

someone told me it could be ibs and the clinics of course said that since he didnt cum in me that was good and that the stomach pains were probly just nerves... I know you guys dont talk about symptoms but i did have a high risk.
I got tested a week after exposure and also at 3 weeks both neg (I should of went at 22 days?). I plan to go back at 4 weeks which is on friday. Should I go to the cops asap ? what if I do go to the cops what will happen to me... (i dont want to be on tv or news paper)

Offline questions817

Re: Unprotected anal receiving
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 01:28:16 am »
I also noticed a lil red/black spot on my lip and it went away like a day later... I thought I bit it or somthing or maybe a mole... bc i have alot of moles... I also noticed I had a lot of moles on my body (idk if new ones pop up)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 01:33:59 am »
So i met this guy on craigslist in october he said he was looking for a date... I hooked up with him and we had protected sex... I asked him before hand if he was neg and he said yes... jan 29th 2010 i hooked up with him at night and I didnt know the risks of precum and I also thought it was illegal to tell someone you are neg etc if they are not... So I asked him in emails and text and he said yes he was "clean" We got together and this guy seemed to be a nice guy...

We had some 69 on the ground me mainly fingering him... he was rimming me for about 3-5 min and then we got up and he ended up sticking it in me for like 20-25 seconds before telling me to turn over  (he is small and I dont normally bottom)... when he did that i told him i was going to do him and if he had a condom... he went upstairs to get a condom and lube...
the next day i smoked a cigar in the morning and had a scratchy throat... the next 2 days i had a scratch throat so i stoped smoking and that seemed to help....

6 days later i seen he had put another ad up on craigslist so i emailed him with a different email and asked him if he like bb and if he was poz he said he liked bb but he was neg i told him i was poz... i kept asking him questions like why he liked bb and he ended up saying yes he was poz and i told him thats messed up that he lied at first...(but didnt tell him it was me)
that night i woke up in the night sweating not drinched but sweating and had almost my first anxiety attack... the next day my stomach didnt feel to well and I was constipated... the next day still constipated and even though i wanted to go i couldnt really go (maybe one lil dropping if any) about day 9-11 i woke up with cramped stomach on the left... growling and the growling lasted maybe 4 days... i also had gas about 2-3 of those days only somtimes though (more than normal). On day 14 i woke up a little sweating again (it was cold again and the heat wasnt on but i had blankets) now its day 25 and i took a healthy poo 2 days ago and today but the bowel problem is still there... Stomach doesnt growl but today it was a lil crampy... Stools would be in the morning and I would fee like taking a big one and it would be a lil turd.

someone told me it could be ibs and the clinics of course said that since he didnt cum in me that was good and that the stomach pains were probly just nerves... I know you guys dont talk about symptoms but i did have a high risk.
I got tested a week after exposure and also at 3 weeks both neg (I should of went at 22 days?). I plan to go back at 4 weeks which is on friday. Should I go to the cops asap ? what if I do go to the cops what will happen to me... (i dont want to be on tv or news paper)

OK. You need to dial this back right now buddy.

Firstly, let's cut all this crap about going to the cops. You were the one who let this fellow fuck you bareback and so you are the one who is responsible for the predicament you now find yourself in. To consent to have unprotected sex is to accept the possibility of contracting a sexually transmissible infection.

You want to trawl for rough trade on Craigslist then you have to take what you get. From what I can tell you've been fairly dishonest in your dealings here yourself. I'm confident in asserting that you knew what you were doing.

All of this fuss could have been avoided if you'd simply made him put on a rubber and refused to let him up your poop-shute unless he did.

If you're going to enage in casual internet sex hookups you have to be responsible for yourself. So far you're being anything but.

With that out of the way, let's consider your risk.

The unprotected anal sex you had is certainly a risk and since you say the fellow in question is HIV positive you need to be tested 13 weeks from the date of this encounter. Given that your sexual partner didn't ejaculate in you, there is a good chance you may have dodged the bullet here, but that remains to be seen.

You should also arrange to be screened for other STIs and under the circumstances you should request a full screen if one hasn't been arranged already. You should also consider being vaccinated for Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B.

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and check out our HIV testing and transmission lessons. Also familiarise yourself with the posting guidelines for this forum.

MtD

Offline questions817

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 01:38:23 am »
Ok Yes i know now the risks... Im young and stupid I thought someone had to cum in your or you had to stick it in someone..... I also thought it was illegal to lie about your stats and didnt think he would do that... Yes craigslist is stupid and it was my first time using it... I havent had many sex partners so I didnt know better, I let the guy take advantage of me and now all i can do is pray

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 01:44:56 am »
No, using Craigslist is not stupid as such. It's the unprotected fucking that's stupid. Believing what some dude you meet on the 'list says about HIV is stupid. Coming onto a message board full of HIV positive people and whining about calling the cops is stupid.

I understand that you're scared and probably a bit angry but you need to understand that you alone are responsible for your sexual health. You might be young, but you're old enough to hook up and so you are old enough to take the precautions that will protect you from HIV.

That's the nifty thing about latex condoms and water based lube. Use them properly everytime you fuck and it won't matter if your partner has lied about his status, you'll be protected in any event.

So get tested at the right time (around the end of April) and see what the results are. I should add that most people who test positive for HIV do so 4 to 6 weeks after the event, so you might want to get tested at the 6 week mark. If you're negative on that test, you're chances of testing negative at 13 weeks are pretty good.

The symptoms you describe are irrelevant. We don't need to know about your moles, or the size, colour and consistency of your latest dump. All that matters here is the risk behaviour and testing at the appropriate time.

MtD

Offline questions817

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 10:26:58 am »
so the cops dont care about people spreading hiv on purpose

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 10:30:24 am »
hoes, your questions were answered in another forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 10:45:37 am »
quest,

The purpose of this forum is not to debate the merits of reporting people to the police. The purpose of this forum is to disseminate information on hiv transmission and testing ONLY.

You were very briefly entered by an unprotected penis. I would absolutely not expect you to end up hiv positive over this.

In future, remember that it is your responsibility and your responsibility alone to protect your health and ensure that condoms are used every time you have anal or vaginal intercourse, no matter how brief. You said you had to ask the guy for a condom and I suggest that from now on, if you go out to hook up with another person for the purpose of having sexual relations, you take your OWN condoms and lube with you.

You also need to realise that asking a person what their hiv status is just isn't good enough. Too many people don't accurately know their status. They can't tell you they are hiv positive if they don't know it themselves. Don't bother asking a stranger their status, just use a condom and it won't matter if they're poz or not.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline questions817

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 03:48:00 pm »
Thanks Ann for saying that you would not expect for me to be hiv poz over this brief experience i had defintly learned my lesson and dont even have alot of sex... i have alot of other things to do in life than to mess around i was really stupid to hook up with someone like that anyways...
So even with my stomach problem do you think thats because of worrying about it too much... the day after i found out he was poz (day 6) i started having bowel problems... Im really scared and dont know what to do becides get tested.. Im gana go again on friday which would be a month (i went on day 21ish for a rapid test they said is like 99%) Im really scared to go again but I will to ease my mind.

When do people normally start taking meds and what do you suggest since i will be traveling almost ever week this year

Offline questions817

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 01:07:36 am »

Hey ann thanks for reading my story. I had a question even if precum does get in your rectum is there still a chance of not catching it? Cause these symptoms that I have are killing me. Im gana test at the month mark this friday with one of those 99% test. So I took it raw (not thinking) for under a minute maybe 30 seconds tops or less he didnt cum in me but he told me to flip over... I started getting bowel problems a week later the day after I found out that the guy was poz. Im still having bowel problems and scared to go because it is draining me mentally. It was my first time to bb and we didnt use lube he spit like 2ce

So spots on lips that dissapear (first week noticed one) and now its a month noticed a lil spot on lip... are those ars ?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 04:16:38 am »
Test at the proper time and you will know your status. Use condoms correctly and consistently and you won''t have to worry about contracting HIV.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 04:46:48 am by RapidRod »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 05:31:48 am »
quest,

Neither symptoms nor the LACK of symptoms will ever tell you a single thing about your hiv status. What you're describing could be attributed to loads of things, but not primary hiv infection. If you continue to feel unwell, see a doctor. STOP going on about your "bowel problems". We don't want to know.

Your risk was very much on the low end of the scale due to the brevity and the fact that he didn't cum inside you. You're just going to have to get on with your life until it's the appropriate time to test.

And no, I still don't expect you to test positive, although it's not impossible.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline questions817

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 10:46:11 am »
thank you for your time

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 11:16:47 am »
quest,

You're welcome. Keep yourself productively busy until it's the appropriate time to test. The time will go much faster that way.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline questions817

If you catch a STD how long would it take to show up?
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 10:33:41 pm »
So I noticed a black dot on my lip a week after and it went away the next day... then a week ago i seen another black dot...they looked like pepper but I touched with my finger and tounge and couldnt get it off... Today afer lunch I seen a black pepper looking dot on my right side of the cheek and triend to get it off and it wouldnt go... Now it went away a few hours later and on my left side i seen a lil brown pimple looking thing on my inner cheek... I tried to mess with it to see if it would come off and I think it will bleed if I do or turn into one of those black dots... What is this and its been almost 5 weeks since last exposure... I had a cold sore on my lip I remeber not a huge one like in the pictures online but more like a pimple on my lip... and if I am getting cold sores i think i spread one to under my eye about a inch under my eye that i didnt pop cause it was on a soft spot and didnt seem firm and now its gone down... Is herpes gnarly like the pictures or will they be minor outbreaks?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 11:03:48 pm »
Quest,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Cut the drama. It sounds like you have some blackheads. If you're that worried, see a doctor. I still do not expect you to end up positive over this brief encounter.

Test at the appropriate time and be done with it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline questions817

Red Blotches in mouth
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 10:02:50 pm »
So I know you guys cant say anything about symptoms but these red/black blotches that appear in mouth or whatever.... do they disappear within a day and come back later? I noticed a inkpen looking blotch on my inner cheek and it went away later that day and a week after exposure I seen a blotch on my inner lip and it went away the next day....

Is diahreah and loose stools the same thing?

Offline RapidRod

Re: Red Blotches in mouth
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 10:17:54 pm »
Your questions will not be answered until you return to your original thread. Take the time to read the posting guidelines of this forum.

Offline questions817

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 11:06:45 pm »
So I know you guys cant say anything about symptoms but these red/black blotches that appear in mouth or whatever.... do they disappear within a day and come back later? I noticed a inkpen looking blotch on my inner cheek and it went away later that day and a week after exposure I seen a blotch on my inner lip and it went away the next day....

Offline questions817

Re: how was your "seroconversion"?
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 11:48:39 pm »
Did anyone get it through precum on a one time thing?

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 11:55:43 pm »

You need to stick to your original thread in the Am I Infected forum.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 11:57:13 pm »

Question,

Let me join Mr Moon in saying you need to stay in your thread in AMI. You are not permitted to post in this forum as it is restricted to HIV positive members.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 07:41:49 am »
I've merged both the portion of the thread where you went into a section where you are not allowed by our rules as well as the other new thread which you began. As someone who has not tested negative the rules of this site are that you remain in this section of the Forum. If you had read the Welcome thread which opens this section you would have been aware of that. Breaking that rule can get you tossed from the site so you need to pay attention to it.

ARS symptoms do not appear one day, disappear and return. If they are going to show up at all they appear, remain for a week or two and then are gone. There is nothing HIV-specific about blotches in your mouth. At this point it seems to me you are anxiously misinterpreting everything that happens to you as another sign of HIV. Only an HIV test at the appropriate time will give you the answer you are looking for.
Andy Velez

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2010, 01:31:28 am »
Questions,

According the the CDC, the risk of contracting HIV from receptive anal intercourse is 50 in 10,000 exposures.  I use to think those numbers were pretty good in my favor.  Don't take that as a license to have unprotected sex.  I was one of those 50.  While the odds are in your favor, you may indeed be infected.  You need to test and start having protected sex. 

The person who infected me was only in there for less than a min and didn't ejaculate.  There are many factors.  Trauma---if the person is really big or you had rough sex.  If you used big toys before sex--the toys could have caused trauma. 

I wish ya good news on your tests.  Don't trust anything anyone tells you about their status.  If you find someone to settle down with and want to have unprotected sex, you both should be tested together and know each other's status.  You should also feel pretty sure you can trust your new partner.

Best of Luck!

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2010, 02:15:55 am »
I was just informed I'm not allowed to post here.  I would have never thought only certain people could reply in this forum.  So, ignore everything I said.   

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2010, 09:34:04 am »
Ted, I know your entry was done with the best intentions. But the rule of this site is that only those who are authorized to do so are to respond in this section of the Forums.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline questions817

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2010, 11:51:51 pm »
Anyone want to pm me about athletes foot.... I got it about 10 days ago and just now reading about it... I noticed it and then about 2-3 days later is when I went and got tested as neg... So would the test show poz if that was the case? And it will be 6 weeks on friday...

It was only in between my toes on the left and the creme I bought cleared it up a good amount
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 11:55:16 pm by questions817 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2010, 07:52:40 am »
Quest,

Athlete's foot has NOTHING to do with primary hiv infection. And you are not permitted to use the PM function to ask questions that should be asked in the forum. Read the posting guidelines! If I find out you've been using the PMs for this purpose, your PM privileges will be removed.

If all these symptoms you've been moaning about had anything to do with hiv, yes, you most likely would have tested either positive or at the very least, indeterminate. I really rather doubt you have hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline questions817

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2010, 06:09:13 pm »
I got tested yesterday which was 5 weeks and 2 days it came back negative and she said somthing about that the bar level wasnt low whatever that means. So if hiv had anything to do with lowering my immune system and causing athletes foot then my test most likely would of came back at least intermediate?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2010, 06:31:05 pm »
With that negative result I exepct you will likely continue to test negative at 13 weeks. Meantime, instead of trying to interpret this or that you need to put your efforts during the remaining waiting time into getting productive in other areas of your life. Doing that will help the time to pass more quickly than you may imagine is possible. And don't say you're too worried to do that because I can tell you that response would not fly here.

I expect you to come out of this ok.
Andy Velez

Offline questions817

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2010, 11:58:31 pm »
Do alot of people test pos before 6 weeks?

Offline poztoo

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2010, 07:09:36 am »
   Well,

It's been another 3 weeks, so the least you could do is tell us.

If what you say is true, you are very unlikely positive. You freaked out, which happens. Actually, even being negative at 3 weeks is a good sign. You stated something about getting a "99%" test. If that was a RNA test, 3 weeks would be within the window, but most poz would show up.

I wouldn't give this guy a pass as others do. It's true it's your responsibility, but someone positive has a moral obligation not to knowingly spread HIV. And, yes, it is illegal in some places.

You seem very young. If you're underage, that's another consideration. On the other hand, you seem to have suspected this guy was poz. Frankly, you could have tricked him up for all we know. You got those negative tests pretty quick. BTW, are you waiting before you have sex again?

I've seen and heard just about every story there is. You may be rationalizing even.
If you are positive, for, or by, any route, feel free to get support here and elswhere.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2010, 07:14:46 am »
   Well,

It's been another 3 weeks, so the least you could do is tell us.

If what you say is true, you are very unlikely positive. You freaked out, which happens. Actually, even being negative at 3 weeks is a good sign. You stated something about getting a "99%" test. If that was a RNA test, 3 weeks would be within the window, but most poz would show up.

I wouldn't give this guy a pass as others do. It's true it's your responsibility, but someone positive has a moral obligation not to knowingly spread HIV. And, yes, it is illegal in some places.

You seem very young. If you're underage, that's another consideration. On the other hand, you seem to have suspected this guy was poz. Frankly, you could have tricked him up for all we know. You got those negative tests pretty quick. BTW, are you waiting before you have sex again?

I've seen and heard just about every story there is. You may be rationalizing even.
If you are positive, for, or by, any route, feel free to get support here and elswhere.

Poztoo,

It nice that you want to help out here in AMI, but answering questions in this board is restricted to AM moderators and a handful of authorised members. You are not authorised to post in AMI.

It's explained in the AMI Welcome Thread, which I would encourage you to read.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2010, 09:47:44 am »
Quest,

The majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks. I don't expect your five week negative to change.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline questions817

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2010, 12:29:27 am »
Thank you ann that really makes me feel alot better I get the 6 weeks results tomorrow first thing in the morn  :-\. The wait process is the worst the brain is one powerful thing to waist! I didnt know he had hiv i asked him if he had any stds (would that count as hiv?) I thought he was a nice guy and was attracted to him and always wanted to date him but i learned he is no good. Yes im young and didnt learn to much in sex ed :/ wish my school was better than it was but at least ive learned alot and they say we grow as we learn  :o I know this is going to make me a better person and thanks to everyone that helps everyone out in these situations.

How do Elisa tests work? Are there bars that detect sertain things? Cause at 5 weeks she said it wasnt even low and that if it detected anything the bar would of been low. Is the 6 weeks thing new cause tests got better?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 08:44:02 am »
You're driving yourself nuts about details. Assuming your test is non-reactive that means negative. We only focus on HIV here and not on other STDs. I expect your result to be negative.
Andy Velez

Offline poztoo

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2010, 07:56:24 pm »
Elisa is short for enzyme linked serum antibody test. It measures the presence of atibody to HIV indirectly by the antibody reacting  with antigen on an exzyme substrate causing a color change. The color change is compared to a positive control. If the color change is greater than the control, it's positive. If less, the antibody is none-detectable up to the level of the test.
  What the Dr. meant was probably your reading was so low, there was no change even between completely neg and up to the positive "bar" for poz. Therefore, not even an indeterminate result was possible at 5 weeks, wherein if you were seroconverting, it probably would show some change.

It's unusual for a Dr. to report this fact. You must have really seemed super-anxious. Even so, the Dr. couldn't call you negative technically. However, I'd bet my trust fund you're neg.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2010, 08:04:49 pm »
Elisa is short for enzyme linked serum antibody test. It measures the presence of atibody to HIV indirectly by the antibody reacting  with antigen on an exzyme substrate causing a color change. The color change is compared to a positive control. If the color change is greater than the control, it's positive. If less, the antibody is none-detectable up to the level of the test.
  What the Dr. meant was probably your reading was so low, there was no change even between completely neg and up to the positive "bar" for poz. Therefore, not even an indeterminate result was possible at 5 weeks, wherein if you were seroconverting, it probably would show some change.

It's unusual for a Dr. to report this fact. You must have really seemed super-anxious. Even so, the Dr. couldn't call you negative technically. However, I'd bet my trust fund you're neg.
. Take the time to read the posting guidelines. You are not permitted to post in any other thread other than your own.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2010, 08:54:13 pm »
Poztoo, I know you are well intentioned in what you wrote here. But the rule is that only those authorized to do so can respond in this section of the Forums. Thanks for your cooperation.
Andy Velez

Offline questions817

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2010, 04:07:24 am »
I feel like ive been seroconvert for the longest  ??? I got my results for 6 weeks today everything came back neg. It is 7 weeks today I plan to go back 7 weeks 2.5 days or maybe just at the 8 week mark... Thank everyone on their input Im still really scared and feel weak

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2010, 08:57:06 am »
Fortunately feelings aren't facts. And ARS doesn't go on for weeks and weeks although unnecessary drama can.

Testing and re-testing before 13 weeks is just a waste of resources and will only feed your anxiety. I certainly expect you will continue to test negative. Meantime you would be much better off focusing on other matters in your life instead of wringing your hands and jumping from one test to the next.

With your negative result the great likelihood is that you are going to continue to test negative. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline questions817

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2010, 12:35:46 pm »
Hey Andy would you explain why you think I will keep testing neg....

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2010, 12:51:12 pm »
You've already been told that a negative at 6 weeks is a very strong indication that you will continue to test negative.

The average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the very smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure to the virus.

You need to get busy with other things now during your waiting time. Frankly we are not going to hold your hands through more questions during the rest of your waiting time. 
Andy Velez

Offline questions817

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2010, 01:42:55 pm »
Thanks Andy Ima make alot of money then ima quit this crazy dream.. how can I donate

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2010, 01:56:57 pm »
Thanks, but we do not accept donations here. You can donate to any AIDS service organization in your area. They are always in need of funds.
Andy Velez

Offline questions817

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2010, 12:53:29 am »
So I noticed a spot in my mouth right now ....it looks like a pen mark......
When your young you get sad...

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2010, 12:57:55 am »
So I noticed a spot in my mouth right now ....it looks like a pen mark......
When your young you get sad...

Maybe you should try sucking on the other end of your pen.

MtD

Offline questions817

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2010, 01:13:52 am »
yeah but I wasn't in the office today...isn't this k2 and does k2 or is disappear after hours or aday? ..... I'm prob about to meak out.......
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:23:40 am by questions817 »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2010, 01:26:40 am »
yeah but I wasn't in the office today...isn't this k2 and does k2 or is disappear after hours or aday? ..... I'm prob about to meak out.......

K2? K2 is a mountain in the Himalayas. Second highest in the world, in fact.

I presume you think you've developed KS (Kaposi's Sarcoma) and I would bet my left swinger you haven't.

Try getting up from the computer and doing something constructive with your time.

MtD

Offline questions817

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2010, 01:35:59 am »
Well whatare those spots that  seem to dissapear.....if i onlyhad insurance out here...  :'( :-X

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.