Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:13:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 226
Total: 227

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: country bumpkin  (Read 25186 times)

Offline wolfter

country bumpkin
« on: March 01, 2011, 10:47:34 pm »
I won't pretend I know everythig, I just wanted  to get to know  you all.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: country bumpkin
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 10:51:37 pm »
And Im glad you did !
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 11:32:25 pm »
I'm always glad to know more people from my "old home" up in Ohio, even if I have to meet them through this site. (Not because this is a "bad" site but because of the "bad" reason that we're all here)

How's the snow up there? Recently I had to quit talking about all my seedlings growing and my early planting in the garden as my "OhioFamily" was crying about another 8 inches of that white stuff.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 10:13:30 am »

Well, I'm, glad you did too!

As for knowing it all, who does?

Half the fun in life is the adventure of exploring and finding out. Life would be a terrible bore if we knew it all.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline wolfter

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 10:21:20 am »
Snow?  We've had massive flooding!   We had to take shelter Monday morning due to a tornado touchdown.  Google Millersport Ohio tornado and you can see the damage.  We were in the direct path and luckily we only lost some shingles but our neighbors were crushed pretty badly.  We had no warning and it struck at 6:00 am while it was still dark.  Miss Lily was the one who alerted me and I heard the typical train horn.  It appears we're the tornado belt of Ohio as I've witnessed many of them over the years.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 10:22:23 am »
Well, I'm, glad you did too!

As for knowing it all, who does?

Half the fun in life is the adventure of exploring and finding out. Life would be a terrible bore if we knew it all.

HUGS,

Mark

Yeah Mark, If we knew-it-all there wouldn't be any room for improvement, where is the fun in that  ;D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 10:55:44 am »

Welcome aboard the LTS express. We are not sure where we are headed, but we sure have a blast on the journey and to me, that is all that matters.

Offline denb45

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 11:04:44 am »
I won't pretend I know everythig, I just wanted  to get to know  you all.

Welcome  ;D I'm a RED NECK TOO  grew up in rural Northern California, have you ever heard of
Stockton, Modesto or Lodi? you can't get any more country bumpkin then THIS, livivng in the central
Valley of Ca.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:06:56 am by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline wolfter

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 11:22:50 am »
I'm originally from Ravenswood WVA.  You can't get any more rural than that.  It's so small that you can't even Google it....lol

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 11:23:27 am »
Snow?  We've had massive flooding!   We had to take shelter Monday morning due to a tornado touchdown.  Google Millersport Ohio tornado and you can see the damage
omigosh! sounds like snow would have been better than flooding and a tornado. :D I am glad to hear you and yours are okay.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 11:26:53 am »
I'm originally from Ravenswood WVA.  You can't get any more rural than that.  It's so small that you can't even Google it....lol

I just found it, it's ~30 mi. south of Parkersburg on the Ohio River.  I have good family friends in Belpre so I am familiar with the area, and my father is from Huntington.  There are worse areas of West Virginia :)
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline denb45

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 11:30:29 am »
I'm originally from Ravenswood WVA.  You can't get any more rural than that.  It's so small that you can't even Google it....lol

Well, I 've got the bunions on both of my feet from wearing cowboy boots most of my adult life, I still wear them along with my Wangler Jeans and, I LOVE my FORD Pickup-truck.......is that red neck enough for ya!  :D
I've drove thur WVA about 6 yrs ago, it kinda made me home sick for Nor Cal  :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:32:23 am by denb45 »

Offline denb45

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 11:35:03 am »
I just found it, it's ~30 mi. south of Parkersburg on the Ohio River.  I have good family friends in Belpre so I am familiar with the area, and my father is from Huntington.  There are worse areas of West Virginia :)

Is Miss P really a RED NECK in disguise  ;D

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 11:41:45 am »
Is Miss P really a RED NECK in disguise  ;D

Miss P has become citified and will cut you  ;) I think we have had this conversation before about his southern heritage . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline denb45

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 11:44:07 am »
Miss P has become citified and will cut you  ;) I think we have had this conversation before about his southern heritage . 

I knew there was something I always LOVED about David  ;)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 11:50:43 am »
Actually I'm removed from being a redneck by a couple generations, so don't get your hopes up.  It's all novel and alien to me.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 11:51:40 am »

It's absolutely a great place.  My family lives throughout those parts.  Most live in an even smaller town, Portland Ohio which is right across the river.   There aren't a lot of job opportunities in the area.  For years, Kaiser was the primary employer and once they closed, most people were forced to move away.  I'd be back there in a minute if I could.  What's really strange is that they have one of the funnest gay bars I've been to in my life.  I'll save the stories of my teenage barn parties for another day.  

Offline denb45

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 11:58:12 am »
Actually I'm removed from being a redneck by a couple generations, so don't get your hopes up.  It's all novel and alien to me.

I still Love ya either way  :-*

Offline aztecan

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 02:51:16 pm »
Holy Crap! There are gay bars in Ohio?

Who'd a thought it possible? ;)

HUGS,

Mark

Offline wolfter

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 03:09:34 pm »

HUGS,

Mark

The one I'm referring to is in Ravenswood, in WVA.  I've always had a weakness for southern boys with tight Levis.  Especially the really dumb ones....lol

Offline bear60

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 03:10:55 pm »
I love men in pick up trucks.  Its when they have a confederate flag plate  and a gun rack that I get a little nervous.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 03:22:39 pm »
I've always had a weakness for southern boys with tight Levis.  Especially the really dumb ones....lol

With or without mullet and packing a lip?

Offline wolfter

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 03:26:43 pm »
I guess our little F1 was worse than I thought.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 03:28:50 pm by wolfter »

Offline denb45

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 03:37:40 pm »
I love men in pick up trucks.  Its when they have a confederate flag plate  and a gun rack that I get a little nervous.

Joel  no  confederate flag plate or gun rack here just a cooler of Ice Cold Bud and someone to share it with  and maybe a nice game of pool , winner takes all  :-*
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 03:43:35 pm by denb45 »

Offline denb45

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 03:38:19 pm »

HUGS,

Mark

who knew  ;D

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 03:38:55 pm »
fyi, a week or so ago I read on accuweather that tornadoes will possibly be much worse in the Ohio River area this season rather than more typically west of there.  Guess they were right.

Offline denb45

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 03:57:12 pm »
The one I'm referring to is in Ravenswood, in WVA.  I've always had a weakness for southern boys with tight Levis.  Especially the really dumb ones....lol

Well I might be kinda slow and laid-back , but I'm not dumb by any means  ;D

Offline wolfter

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 04:03:21 pm »
Slow and laid back works.

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 06:53:05 am »
Hi Wolfter,

just kicking back in Texas here. I'm a little modernized though as I have changed my cowboy boots for hiking bots and I don't throw bales of hay to the horses on a cold winter morning anymore since Mom sold the ranch. ...I do tend to throw my weight around the house though  :D

Ronnie

"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 06:40:25 pm »
Well if we're talking red necky things, I think that I may be able to join the club:

Four wheel drive fullsized pickup truck? Check

Living in a rural area? Check

In a mobile home? Check

Lots of dogs? Check

Fix own cars? Check

Own a gun? Check

Know how to use it? Check

Do I qualify? Oh, BTW, we're getting chickens this spring, so that should count for something too.

CaptCarl
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 06:43:44 pm »
I love men in pick up trucks.  Its when they have a confederate flag plate  and a gun rack that I get a little nervous.

Oh come on Joel! The gun rack is great for attaching handcuffs to.... And the confederate flag is good for wiping your dick on when you're done cornholin' 'em.

CaptCarl

Offline denb45

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2011, 07:15:41 pm »
Oh come on Joel! The gun rack is great for attaching handcuffs to.... And the confederate flag is good for wiping your dick on when you're done cornholin' 'em.

CaptCarl

I prefer a dirty ole t-shirt, to wipe off my dick, and my 45. auto keeps sliding out from under my seat, full size truck? does a 98 FORD RANGER  Super cab  XLT 4.0 v6 F150 engine Super cab work? you were the one that told me NOT to buy a new one, if I only had less then 50K on it  ;D and you were right, I didn't, I still have it, and it works like a charm, but it cost me about 1,800 to get it fixed last month @ RICH FORD, they did a great job, and it purrs like a kitten now, Carl Thanks for the good advice about keeping it, it paid off, now I have no need for a new for the next 300,000 miles , that FORD will probably out live me ;)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 07:26:00 pm by denb45 »

Offline wolfter

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2011, 09:26:24 pm »
Well if we're talking red necky things, I think that I may be able to join the club:

Four wheel drive fullsized pickup truck? Check  Nope! S10 with rear wheel drive

Living in a rural area? Check  Definitely

In a mobile home? Check Not yet

Lots of dogs? Check Just one, a beautiful multicultural

Fix own cars? Check  Do I have to

Own a gun? Check Duh, i'd be kicked out of the club

Know how to use it? Check  We'll just say yes

Do I qualify? Oh, BTW, we're getting chickens this spring, so that should count for something too.

CaptCarl

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2011, 08:02:35 pm »
I prefer a dirty ole t-shirt, to wipe off my dick, and my 45. auto keeps sliding out from under my seat, full size truck? does a 98 FORD RANGER  Super cab  XLT 4.0 v6 F150 engine Super cab work? you were the one that told me NOT to buy a new one, if I only had less then 50K on it  ;D and you were right, I didn't, I still have it, and it works like a charm, but it cost me about 1,800 to get it fixed last month @ RICH FORD, they did a great job, and it purrs like a kitten now, Carl Thanks for the good advice about keeping it, it paid off, now I have no need for a new for the next 300,000 miles , that FORD will probably out live me ;)

Dennis-
  The Ranger is one of the few Official Vehicles of The East Mountains. They're tough and will run forever. My neighbor has one that he beats the shit out of every day, 297,000 miles on the clock and it keeps on going. Engine has never been apart. If I could fit in one comfortably, I might consider one. That's why I drive an AMC Eagle ;) It too will never die... I hope

CaptCarl

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2011, 08:04:50 pm »

Wolfter-

Welcome to The Club Bubba!!!!! :D :D :D

CaptCarl

Offline denb45

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2011, 08:08:40 pm »
Dennis-
  The Ranger is one of the few Official Vehicles of The East Mountains. They're tough and will run forever. My neighbor has one that he beats the shit out of every day, 297,000 miles on the clock and it keeps on going. Engine has never been apart. If I could fit in one comfortably, I might consider one. That's why I drive an AMC Eagle ;) It too will never die... I hope

CaptCarl

The RICH FORD service manager wanted to buy it for $5,000 after he found out that it was still in presteen condition, but I told him, that it sits in the driveway most of the time, but he still wanted to buy it, he said"when you get ready to trade that ranger in on something new, Please come and see me" however I declined his offer and said no thanks, I'll just keep what I got  ;)

Edited to add:  it's got a new transmission (re-built in 2007) I've done everything in the book, that it says to do, and it runs great, and passes the smog every yr. and the tags are only 50 bucks a yr.  :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:14:10 pm by denb45 »

Offline bear60

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2011, 12:18:30 pm »
Captn Carl............................I'm sorry I missed that encounter.  We all know they aint gettin it from the wives. 

Offline denb45

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2011, 01:20:34 pm »
Captn Carl............................I'm sorry I missed that encounter.  We all know they aint gettin it from the wives.  

Oh come on Joel, here in Bubba land we get it any way we can ;D just ask Carl, he aint lying. and we don't hate Gays, and we give out Drivers license to ANY Illegal Aliens who might need them, here in bubba land you can check out, but you can't ever leave, that's why it's called the land of entrapment, and I love it here, been here 9 yrs now   ;)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 02:07:35 pm by denb45 »

Offline bear60

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2011, 03:34:02 pm »
Dennis....Honey Honey.....and I mean that with all due respect...I may LIVE in Philadelphia, but I was raised in THE SOUTH.  Not unlike our dear precious Miss P.

Offline denb45

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2011, 03:57:45 pm »
Dennis....Honey Honey.....and I mean that with all due respect...I may LIVE in Philadelphia, but I was raised in THE SOUTH.  Not unlike our dear precious Miss P.

;) I gotcha Joel  :-*  Carl & I was just having some fun here  :D

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2011, 04:04:04 pm »
Don't let Joel fool you -- he comes from a line of elitist college professors transplanted to the South.  I'm the one who had the grandparents that owned a tobacco farm that was run like a Virginia plantation, and knows how to cook a salt-cured country ham.

My biscuits are also without equal.

Offline denb45

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2011, 04:11:11 pm »
Don't let Joel fool you -- he comes from a line of elitist college professors transplanted to the South.  I'm the one who had the grandparents that owned a tobacco farm that was run like a Virginia plantation, and knows how to cook a salt-cured country ham.

Oh my....d'yum.....Will you marry me David  ;D

Offline wolfter

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2011, 04:30:23 pm »
Got me to thinking about some of the conversations with my cousins and such from down home.  We were all partying a few ago and I used the word "an thesis" and my cousin froze stone cold in the middle of hitting his bowl while most of the other turned into zombies staring at me.  Luckily, I had another cousin there who graduated from Purdue and I asked if I said something wrong.  He said; "nope, you used a 4 syllable word".

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2011, 11:13:27 am »
Got me to thinking about some of the conversations with my cousins and such from down home.  We were all partying a few ago and I used the word "an thesis" and my cousin froze stone cold in the middle of hitting his bowl while most of the other turned into zombies staring at me.  Luckily, I had another cousin there who graduated from Purdue and I asked if I said something wrong.  He said; "nope, you used a 4 syllable word".

Welcome to New Mexico dude. Even a two syllable word can garner that look around here...

Offline aztecan

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2011, 01:55:47 am »

That's true, I've seen them! ;D

HUGS,

Mark

Offline denb45

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2011, 10:06:51 am »
That's true, I've seen them! ;D

HUGS,

Mark

Shit Mark, I'm so jealous of you  ;D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 10:09:27 am by denb45 »

Offline bear60

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2011, 10:18:54 am »

"I'm the one who had the grandparents that owned a tobacco farm that was run like a Virginia plantation, and knows how to cook a salt-cured country ham." quote

Hey David
Were you the "over-seerer" for the tenant farmers? In heels and carrying a whip.

Offline denb45

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2011, 10:51:53 am »
"I'm the one who had the grandparents that owned a tobacco farm that was run like a Virginia plantation, and knows how to cook a salt-cured country ham." quote

Hey David
Were you the "over-seerer" for the tenant farmers? In heels and carrying a whip.

:D :D :D :D :D

Offline denb45

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2011, 12:07:09 pm »
Welcome to New Mexico dude. Even a two syllable word can garner that look around here...

Oh come on Carl, you know me, THINK (we've met before) I'm one of the 7th dogs in your pack of six, (in human form) and I've been missing for YEARS, but you just haven't realized this yet woof woof  ;D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 12:41:48 pm by denb45 »

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2011, 01:10:31 pm »
Oh come on Carl, you know me, THINK (we've met before) I'm one of the 7th dogs in your pack of six, (in human form) and I've been missing for YEARS, but you just haven't realized this yet woof woof  ;D

I'm afraid to ask. Ummmm, did we fuck or something? :o

CaptCarl

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.