Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:12:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 158
Total: 158

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread #63: Hot Fun in the Summertime!  (Read 45802 times)

Offline missy

Re: Ladies Thread #63: Hot Fun in the Summertime!
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2009, 08:00:59 pm »
Hi Gfs, It sounds like everyone is having a crazy day…Is it a full moon?
I had a busy day today too.  I had to go to our facility in PA it is about an hours drive but it is all back country roads so it was pretty and green with all the rain we have been having. Then when I got home I had to go out and drain the pool down with all the rain we have had in the last couple of days it was full to the top. But on a positive note it gave me a chance to backflush the filters.(I have learned to do a lot of things since I have been hear by myself for the last year.

What a day. Cindy I wish there was a support group in my areas, but since there isn’t I have all of you. It’s like having a big family to talk to and share with.  Have a great evening everyone.  Mary

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2009, 02:47:26 am »
Hi everyone.
Lucas saw his PID today. He had a growth spurt  :o. He's 28# and 35.5"  8). The doctor said he is amazed at how well Lucas is doing  ;D! He said that with the way Lucas is developing we just needed to get a viral load this time.
I walked Lucas over to the lab. Lucas is in that question everything phase. He was satisfied with the answer that we were going to have his blood checked to help make sure he doesn't get really sick. He didn't get upset about going to the lab waiting room, but as soon as they brought us back to the room for the test he started to cry  :'(. That's the first time that has happened. Between the sobs he would say no no no don't hurt me. Fortunately, he has good veins and despite the tears he held still so it was quick, but he just broke my heart  :'( :'(.  They use the tape that goes around the arm and only sticks to itself. Off and on through the day he would look at that bandage and say they had hurt him :'(. He was afraid to let me take it off. Finally this evening he let me take it off, then smiled and said he was healed   ;);D.
We are in the process of breaking Lucas of his afternoon nap as he will be going to the LIU preschool afternoon session. It's going pretty well, but I'm still adjusting to not having that time to do things w/o my little helper/trouble maker. I don't get a chance to check in/post as often so forgive me for falling behind/missing people.

Amy

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2009, 03:19:14 am »
Sorry jumpy screen made me stop and post what I had.

Mum - I hope hubby is doing better. The wasps were not bad the beginning of summer, but the last couple weeks they're going crazy here  ???. Did the floorboards survive? Give mini a big happy birthday kiss from Lucas  :-*.

BT - Congratulations on the new place! Be warned the more space you have, the more stuff you'll accumulate  ;).

Moon - I'm glad you'll soon have your TH rented. What will you and Ice do with your freetime now :D.

Vivyt - Take care of yourself. You need lots of iron rich foods and rest. Lord knows if your students are anything like Lucas you'll be running once school starts  ;).

Well, I better get to bed. I hope you all have a good weekend :).

Amy

Amy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2009, 08:52:23 am »
Hey all,

Mum, wow, how is hubby?  I hope nothing bad came of it.  I haven't seen many wasps here, but there's some black bugs that look like grasshoppers a little, and they fly.  I don't like them at all, they're troublesome.  Not as bad as wasps, I guess. 

Netta, I'm glad to here your hubby is doing better.  And that he has a doctor's appointment.

Holly, why does your boyfriend have so much trouble?  He's the one who quit drugs not too long ago, correct?  How long has it been for him?

Queen, too bad you can't tell your landlady to get her ass down to her office.  Then tell your friend to move that fucking car or you're going to.  That would burn me up.  Maybe you should give her a time limit. 

Cin, housing must be different everywhere.  My landlord gets his money from housing at the 1st of the month.   At the place I was just volunteering at, when we would help someone with their utilities, a lot of the time we would want proof that they paid a portion of the bill.  That's not unusual for places to request that.

Mary, my sister in Arizona has had a lot of problems with her pool.  I can't remember everything she's had done to it, but I know it's cost her about a grand I think. 

#1mom, so good to hear from you.  I hear Lucas has a birthday coming up!  Please give him a birthday hug from me.  I'm glad them drawing his blood wasn't worse.  Poor little guy. 

Just since I have been sitting at the computer (about 20 minutes) the temp has risen 7 degrees.  It's supposed to be 88 today, and I'm not looking forward to it.  It's humid as hell; when I got up, I immediately pu on the air, because I was hot.  Of course, I've been getting hot quite a bit lately.  When I get out of the shower, and I'm standing there putting on my makeup, sweat will just start pouring out.  The doctor doesn't even know what's wrong.  The last time I was in (to the doc's), I saw the nurse practitioner, who said she didn't think Medicare would cover the blood tests to have my hormones checked, because of how expensive it is.  It's really a pain in the ass, though, as sometimes when I'm walking through stores I'll start sweating.  She thought it may be a combination of hormones/pain from my knees.  She said they don't do hormone replacement therapy there.  I know doctors are split on this.  Where my sister works, she said the doctors do it as long as the women get mammograms every year. 

Today I'm going to call the cable company about moving day so they can get things transferred without too much interruption.  I've got to call the school I'll be going to this fall.  And I've got to go to the store to get a couple things.  Sunday some of us girls (in NA) are supposed to be getting together for visiting/eating.  Not much else going on.  You all have a good one.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2009, 09:21:12 am »
Betty, have you had your lungs checked?  When my lungs were giving me fits, I'd sweat perfusely at the drop of a hat - even if it was cold.  The doctor said my lungs weren't getting enough oxygen, so my heart would have to speed up to try and "move" the oxygen around.  That, in turn would cause my blood pressure to rise and my body to get hot.  In short, my heart thought I was doing aerobic exercises even if I was just sitting around or walking through the house.  Once they got my lungs straightened out (18mths later), it has subsided. 

Amy, good to hear the good reports about Lucas.  I remember the days of Mim screaming everytime we got in the car.  She thought we were going somewhere where she'd get poked, stabbed, twisted.  It would break my heart.  Now she goes in by herself - I stay out in the waiting room.  She actually LOVES to have her bloodwork done.  Yeah, she's twisted ;)

Hubby's doing better.  He had a headache all day yesterday - I doped him up with Benedryl and Advil.  This morning his neck looks better.  He left a while ago to talk to his advisor about how many credits will transfer from his previous degree and finalize the financial stuff for school.  He starts a week from Monday.  We've worked out a school schedule for the kids that should work. 

We checked all the boards today and the ones that got wet didn't warp.  They have to sit out of the box for 5 days before we can put them down.  For now they are piled in our living room behind the couch.  Our bedroom is too small and they wouldn't fit.  So, next Monday, we'll clear out our room and hopefully by Tuesday the floor will be down and Wednesday we'll get all the trim put up.  In reality, I'll be lucky if it's done by October.

cindy, to make the screen quit jumping, will I have to go through the sequence evry time or does it stop after I do it once?  This is driving me batty.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2009, 01:37:07 pm »
Hey Ladies---

Thanks for the info on the compatibility thing so hopefully it works. Betty, for some odd reason she hasn't been in her office but she seems to know that there are 3 envelopes there for her. All with no return address. As for the car, it is now going to be scrapped. My bff tried to get it towed last night but couldn't because the plate expired and there is no insurance on it anymore. And she can't afford it now she realizes. I told her this months ago. But I also told the manager that I am out of town and would be working on getting it moved while away. I also told her if I couldn't that I would take care of it when I got back. So, I don't know why she is complaining. Ordered my round trip ticket today.

My landlord gets his money on the 1st too. He lives in California but Olga, the Russian manager runs things for him locally. I mail my rent to her. She is already taking money out my deposit for a few scratches Lucifer put in the carpet. Three to be exact. I am not sure what she is charging for that. I assuming Cindy that Section 8 will cover a good portion of the rent. The old guy better appreciate what a good landlady he has in you.

Not doing much today. I am on Papi's laptop downloading Warcraft because for some reason he can't seem to play Pogo on his. Anyone know anything about Pogo? It keeps throwing up an error message saying that we don't have Java downloaded or the latest version. It's a new laptop so we know we have it. I did all the tech support Pogo had to offer on their site and it's still not working. It's just so frustrating... ???

Have a nice day... :)
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2009, 04:05:46 pm »
Hi GFs~

Half day at work and that was good, cause I feel like I'm coming down with something.  We get the kids tonight for 9 days straight.  OMG its going to be a Sponge Bob Jonas Brothers Teen Music Awards invasion.  I like quiet, esp since I don't feel good.  I sent Ice a text today and said "Please tell me the yip yap dog isn't coming with the kids cause I can't handle all five of you"  lol.  He said no to the yip yap dog coming but Cheech will still have to be up in the bell tower (master bedroom) a lot.  I don't let him around the girls -- he thinks the younger one is a rabbit.   :D

Mum~  As far as the jumpy screen, I have had to reset Compatibility View EVERY damn time I come into this website, so every day.  One reminder is when you copy your text and then click on Comp View, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR POST.  That's why you have to copy it first.  When your screen "resets" and you have a blank white box where your text was, just click your cursor there and PASTE (Control V).  Yes it only happens when you have a long post, although mine hasn't jumped yet on this one, but it pretty much does it every day.

Queen~  Thanks for the compliment on me being a good landlord.   :)  My tenant got donations from a few churches to help with the security deposit and I called to follow up.  I'm happy that I can help him out, he just better not wreck my crib.  Hee hee.  He has no room at his apt with his GF and he will have three levels at my place.  Said GF is not moving in with him, lol.  I even told him about Frecycle and he signed up yesterday.  I told him about you , Queen, and how you told me about it when I was unemployed and Doofus took all of his furniture back in 2007, when we split.

Things are falling into place although I haven't spoken to my mother in three weeks.  Since she said my bday card to her was stupid, so I'm not calling her ass.  It has been a blissful three weeks.  ;)   I'm sure she will call soon and ask where I've been.  Um, working, I'll say, and getting a place ready for rent, lol.

House is vibrating.  Ice just pulled up on his Harley, rode it to work roday.  Gotta go.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 04:07:58 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2009, 04:25:51 pm »
Hi ladies,

Betty, my bf has been clean for about FOUR months now and would have long stretches of sobriety and then relapse but now he's doing great on that front! YAY!. He also has HEP C, but according to the docs things are ok, as far as bloodwork and stuff (though his liver enzymes are elevated but nothing too alarming). He has had kidney stones in the past and now he has three small stones in his kidneys but the good news is, is that they are small enough to just let them be. As far as the liver pain, the doctors thought the pain was transference from his kidneys but now we know that not to be the case. The next step might have to be a liver biopsy as that is really the best way to figure out how well his liver is really working. I know he is so tired of going to the doctor, I would be too, especially since they haven't really been able to tell him exactly what is causing the liver pain. At least he doesn't feel like crap everyday! Anyway, so we're just trying to figure out what is going on. I just worry that all this stress is going to drive him into a relapse. He says he is done and that he doesn't like what the drugs have done. That he wouldn't be in a financial mess, might have better health, etc. So, him saying that is great I think.

Queen, good luck with the whole car thing and have a safe trip.

Mum, I have only had to click on the compatibility view once and have had no more trouble. Good luck with the flooring business. Our house always has several unfinished projects going on, lol.

On another note, I wasn't able to get my labs done this week, so they will have to wait until next week. I'm sure the numbers will be fine. I just worry that maybe I'm making a mistake switching my meds. With the Atripla and Acylovir, I was taking only three pills a day. Now I will be taking seven. I just hope I can deal with the GI issues or better yet not have any at all. I'm wondering if I should have tried harder with the Atripla, as far as the CNS issues I was/am having. Maybe I should have gotten counseling to deal with it or dug up some more will power, lol. Or, maybe I'm just worried about starting the new meds.

Anyway, I have some cleaning to do today as we may be having guests. But guests are the best way for me to clean the house and have the BF help! WOOHOO!
Diagnosed  July 28th 2003

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

'Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?' -Frank Scully

'If your ship doesn't come, swim out to it.' - Jonathan Winters

Offline missy

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2009, 06:42:59 pm »
Hey Gfs
Amy glad to hear Lucas is doing well. You can tell him I know how he feels, I hate to get blood tests too. You would think after  6 years I would get used to it but I am still whining.  >:(

I went to my ID doc today all was good my numbers were great : CD4 535 53.5%  VL UD yeah! I told him I have been dieting and I am struggling to take off every pound. I asked him if the meds could be slowing it down and he said no chance. So I guess I will have to get tougher with myself.

Cindy hope you have fun with the kids just hang in there.  Glad to hear things are going ok with the renter guy. Just think its almost over. By the way, I used to ride with my husband on his Harley, I loved it they used to call us M & M (Magic and Mary.

Got a run, I have some chicken on the grill and I don’t want it to burn. Mary

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2009, 10:50:01 pm »
Cindy---Yeah, gotta love freecycle. I got rid of a bunkbed/futon through freecycle before I came to NY. The kids for 9 days huh? Gonna seem longer than that if you're not feeling good. I am praying that you're tenant is a neat freak and everything goes smoothly for you.

Not much going on with me. Been playing Warcraft all day. Not sure if I want to jump on PS3 but nothing seems to be on cable....figures... :-\
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2009, 06:31:07 am »
If bad things are supposed to come in threes, how come we're on #4?  First, I get bonked on the head by an avalanche of wood, then the storm, then Hubby gets stung on the head, and then last night the window in our bathroom falls out of the track and smashes on the floor - MINUTES after the last kid finishes his shower.  One of the panels broke and Hubby was able to duct tape cardboard over it.  Then he rigged the window back into the track and nailed it in.  As long as we keep the curtain closed, no one will be the wiser.  Of course we don't have the money to replace the stupid thing.

Today is Teacher Appreciation Day at Staples and I was invited.  They're having a big sale plus I have a coupon for $10 off any purchase of $10 or more.  After that we have some errands to run around town then back home.  I can't believe it's already Saturday - this week has flown.

Betty, hope you have a great time with your girlfriends tonight.  Sounds like a lot of fun.

The rest of you take care. 

Mum

edited to add: Hubby was able to see everyone he needed to yesterday except the guy who can tell him how many of his credits will transfer and give Hubby his class schedule.  He ended up getting a grant that will cover tuition and books (and hopefully gas) for the next 2 years.  The financial guy said he also qualified for loans, but we don't want to go that route if we don't have to.  Hubby emailed he admission guy to set up an appointment on either Monday or Tuesday to finish up everything.  Looks like this is really going happen - and I'm scared out of my mind.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 07:04:40 am by minismom »
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2009, 08:07:01 am »
Morning all,

Mum, wow, sorry to hear about the window.  Will you please stop whatever you're doing?     And it's tomorrow afternoon I'm meeting up with some of my girlfriends.   Why are you scared about hubby doing school?

Queen, sorry, I don't know anything about Pogo, or any games for the computer for that matter.  I'm glad you decided to scrap the car.

Cin, good luck with the upcoming nine days.  Wow, that'll test your patience.

Holly, Ann would be the one to discuss hep C with.  I have quite a few friends that have it, but for some miraculous reason, escaped it myself (because I used to be an IV user).  Does your boyfriend go to any NA meetings?  It's just a suggestion, because he may find someone there he can jive with, that may make what he's going through a lot easier on him.  I know you can't force someone to go, but it may be a good idea to suggest it to him.

Mary, good news on the numbers.

Today I think I'm going to try to clean out the last of the cupboards, and read.  The rest of the time I'll be looking for something on the t.v., or one of the free movies on the "on demand" thing that cable has.  Nothing exciting planned.  You all have a good one.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2009, 09:14:19 am »
Hi GFs~

Ahhhh a little while of bliss.  Oldest is at soccer tryouts and Ice took youngest to visit her during the break.  I forgot to mention that I am WORKING M-F -- no way I am taking off a week to be in the house with Ice and the kids, lol.  We will all go out together tomorrow.  Oldest has been at soccer camp this past week and today starts tryouts for a week.  She's pretty good so I think she'll make it, she's been wotking her ass off in this heat!

Tomorrow we'll go back into my old hood and take a few more boxes home.  We'll also go to the party store to buy Hello Kitty stuff for the youngest's bday next weekend.

My stomach has been hurting but I think I am getting some relief.  I went to bed after dinner around 8pm last night because it hurt, and its hurt all night long.  Probably caught a bug at the MVA, lol.

Mary~  I got on the bike with Ice last summer for five minutes through the neighborhood and I hated it.  I have a very bad neck so the weight of the helmet was bad and it messed with my balance.  I had all kinds of balance issues (*now entering Compatibility View*  I wish they'd fix this already) last year and had everything checked.  I think its due to dehydration and a bad neck.  Needless to say, I am no good on a Harley, so I just wave from the curb.   ;D

Holly~  Ice contracted Hep C back in the day when he was using.  He's been clean and sober for 21 years now.  He went through the treatments a few years ago and was complaining of liver pain just last year.  We weren't sure if it was the liver or an ulcer, gall bladder or what.  It turns out it was stress from his job and the doc put him on Protonix.  First it was one pill a day and he would still hurt a little, pressing on the right under his ribs, where the liver is.  The doc doubled the dose and he took that higher amount for awhile.  Now he just takes the pills as needed.  Its like an Rx for Prilosec OTC to help with acid.  We're still not sure if its related to the HepC but it can't hurt to start on something like that and see if it helps your guy.

Mum~  Lots of action at your house!   :o  Did you get out the slices of bread and clean up the glass?  Old wives' tale but its good for those small shards and slivers you can't see.  I wonder if the humidity from the showers etc finally made that one pane fall out.  I would try to get a window before the winter.  Maybe there is a place that has used windows for cheaper?  Or maybe a junk yard or something?   I didn't like paying for a window full price a few years ago, either.  The wind kept hitting the back of my house and a long crack developed that just kept getting worse, so I had to replace it.

I guess Cheech and I have to go back to the bell tower soon, when Ice returns.  Maybe I can get myself and oldest motivated to go to dinner tonight or something.  It always makes time fly when we're out of the house.  So much for my weekend, I'm learning to be a "Mom."  I'm too old for this, lol.  ;)

Have a good weekend!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 09:20:50 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline vivyt

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2009, 02:04:09 pm »
Hey ladies! I'm just checking in now but will be back later. I'm heading out to lunch with a friend, although I'd rather stay home and take a nap... ;D Anyways....I'll be back later!  :) :)

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2009, 04:10:43 pm »
Hi Girls  ;D
Moon- I had never heard about using bread to pick up glass shards, I will have to try it, Thanks!  I have fun with the kiddos.

Mum- At first I couldn't believe you would want a snake in your barn, but I guess if he is working for his stay. I would be screaming like a be-atch everytime I saw him. Sorry to hear that Hubby got stung and the bathroom window broke. I am sending good luck vibes to you.

BT-You know what I have watching on On-demand for some reason, Tori and Dean, which I think is funny, because I never really liked or watched 90210.  It is so much nicer not to have to watch the commercials.

Queen-I read your blog, I haven't figured out how to respond yet but I am very happy for you.

Hi Lucas Mom- What a cutie pie.  All my kids were involved in a Womens and Transmission study and I used to feel so bad for the 3some because they were so small and premature, they could hardly find a vein and they screamed bloody murder.

Missy- Good job on your numbers!

Holly- Good luck with the new meds.  I think you know what you body can and can't tolerate and some meds just affect some people more than they do others.  I think it is normal to stress a little about getting on a new regiman but try not to be too hard on yourself.

I have been hanging out with kids, trying to clean, keep up with the laundry.  I went to a trunk show with the lady I volunteer for.  Which was kind of depressing, she spent more on 4 items, than I do for clothes for all 4 of my kids :-\ Other than that the countdown is on- 16 days till the kids go back to school.  YEEEEEEEE-HAH!
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2009, 08:04:31 am »
Morning all,

Cin, kids do teach patience; at least that's what I've experienced, especially as a grandmother. 

Andrea, what's going on with you?

Snow, I like the on-demand movies also, because, like you said, there's no commercials.  I watched The Cotton Club the other day.  I hadn't seen that movie in years and it's a good one.

Last night me and my best friend went to see Public Enemy, about John Dillinger.  It was really good.  Of course, I love Johnny Depp.  Then we went to dinner and to a meeting.  There was a girl at the meeting who had just gotten out of prison, and was living with her parents, and had no income.  I felt bad for her.  I know a lot of times things are baby steps, but I know the frustration of feeling like nothing's going to change.  Anyway, I hope she makes it.

Today one of my friends is having a girl's get together.  Then my brother is supposed to come over later for more of The Sopranos.  I guess that's about it for me.  You all have a good one.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2009, 08:17:33 am »
Hi GFs~

Hi BT, I miss The Sopranos.  I watched every season on DVD right before the final season came out, so it was months of nothing but that.  I loved it!

Ice and I and the kids got out of here around 5pm last night and did some shopping.  It was fun.  We didn't get home until 10pm.  We got everything for the Hello Kitty party, lol and we tried on Halloween costumes.  I think my King Tut pic is on Facebook, I'll have to put it on here later.   :D

Cheech and I are out of the bell tower (master bedroom) for a few minutes until the youngest one wakes up.  She'll prob want to be outside riding her bike all day.  Maybe I can let Cheech roam the house while Ice and I sit out front with her.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 08:08:43 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline missy

« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2009, 09:32:45 am »
Hi Gfs good morning.
Just checking in, I am heading to my sons house today for a late lunch. On the way home I will probably hit the gym...I am trying to get myself there at least 3 times a week.

Cindy glad to hear all is well with the little ones.  Put you picture up it would be fun to see you in  costume. 

Bt glad you enjoyed the movie last night, I would like to see that one too.

take care all.  Mary

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2009, 01:34:11 pm »
Checking in also...Not much really going on with me. I thought I was going to have a nice chilled day but I now have to babysit. Papi and his daughter have to go to pick up the crib for his grand daughter. After that, I'll probably just play my games.

I liked The Sopranos up until the last episode. Oh, I was pissed off along with half the world. The ending was just bullshit. Hope that doesn't discourage Cindy and Betty. At least I didn't tell the ending but I can wait for you guys opinion... :P

Man, it seems like this week went fast. I'll be heading back in 9 days to wrap things up. Have a good day, ladies.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2009, 02:16:22 pm »
Betty, it worries me because I remember the days he was gone all the time working and I was, essentially, a single mom with 6 babies.  We've gotten quite spoiled with him here for the last 5yrs.  He works, but can set his schedule around whatever else is going on.  Now between 18hrs of school, work, and studying, we're not going to see him much.  That leaves all the running around, dance classes, CAP, baseball, therapies, teaching, cleaning, running the business, ect. to me.  Just not sure I can hold it all together.  But, I'm not going to tell him that - he has enough on his plate with school.  I'm just glad he was able to get grants to pay for it.  We'll know Monday or Tuesday how many of his credits will transfer and how long he'll actually have to go.

Cindy, how old are Ice's girls?  Are there 2 or 3 of them?  It does say a lot about your relationship that he's willing to have you in their lives.  Who's watching them while you and Ice are working?  I don't blame you a bit about the motorcycle.  They scare me to death.  My aunt used to wave to my uncle from the curve then go inside and pray until he got home.  A couple of weeks ago, she decided to ride with him all the way to Florida for vacation.  Day 1 went fine.  Day 2, not so good.  A car pulled out in front of them at an intersection and they crashed.  They're relatively OK - nothing broken, but the bike is totaled and they'll have some pretty nasty bruises and scars.

We took the kids out yesterday for the day.  We had a ton of errands to run and figured we might as well get it over with in one long day instead of a couple short ones.  I left the house at 8:15am, we got home after 4:30pm.  I was wiped out.  Kids had cereal and sandwiches for supper.  Oh, and we're now up to #5 - the airconditioner in our vehicle went out yesterday.  It is hotter than my cajun peppers and we had no air.  By the time we made it home from town, we were drenched in sweat.

Tonight we're going to pick up the trash along our rail trail in town.  We've been doing it every couple of weeks all summer.  This'll be our last time.  I really want to back out, the heat is terrible.  But it's the last time and the kids like doing it, so what the heck.  Maybe I can talk Hubby into some DQ afterwards.

Much love and best wishes for a better week ahead,
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline vivyt

« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2009, 08:53:13 pm »
Hello everyone.  :) So much happening with everyone.

Cindy- You sure have seemed busy! It must be an adjustment to have the kids around. How old are they? Motorcycles are scary but there is something exciting about them and the guys who ride them  ;)

Mum- Wow! When it rains, it pours. I hope things work out with your husband. What is he trying to finish at school? You probably said it already but obviously I missed it.

Betty- My friend at school is SO in love with Johnny Depp. It's funny because the kids get her all kinds of Pirates of the Caribbean stuff. I always refer to him as her boyfriend.

Snow- You are ready to send the kids back to school and I am dragging my feet to start. LOL! Summer seems to go by so fast.

Holly- How long have you been taking Atripla? I have been on it for 2 years. Are you having difficulties with it?

Missy- Good for you going to the gym. I started this summer like a champ. I made sure I went 5-6 days a week then I took a week off and never went back. When school starts and I get back on my schedule hopefully I'll get back there.

Queen- You have officially moved to New York right? How is the weather out there right now?

Tomorrow I start with some trainings and then getting my room setup. I don't even know where to begin.
I do have a question for you ladies about bloodwork. I mentioned before that I am unhappy with my ID doctor but I am having a difficult time finding another one. I also talked about being anemic. Well, on Friday I went in to get my count and viral load and he wasn't even going to give it to me until I asked for it. He just came in and asked some questions and said everything looked good. I asked what my counts were and he said he would have to go look at my file. Hello? Shouldn't he have my file with me and go over everything since that is the purpose of the visit? Well he came back and said I was still undetectable and my count was 520. What concerns me is that this is the second time it has dropped. In August of 08 it was 692, in April of 09 it was 578, and Friday it was 520. Should I be concerned? My doctor is just dropping the ball as far as I am concerned and I've had it with him. I didn't even make another appointment. I thought I would ask you here what you thought.

Andrea

Offline missy

« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2009, 09:31:38 pm »
Hey GF  I would think hard about finding andother ID doc. When I went to mine on Friday he brought in the chart and went over all the numbers with me. My last visit I asked him for copies of all of the numbers because I wanted to chart them and he copied all of the files for me. He also examines me at each visit and feels all the glads in my neck, and under my arms and my stomach. He always asks me a zillion questions and then asks me if I have any.  I never feel rushed when I go to see him. If my numbers are up or down he comments and we look hard the next time. Just my thoughts But I think it is time for a change.

Also, good luck with school.  I am so glad I am done. When I got my bachelor degree I decided I was finished. I went part time for years and that was enough for me. :D

good night all. Mary

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2009, 09:48:58 pm »
Hi GFs~

Andrea~  I would search for another doc.  I had an ass of a doc for years, and when I got a new job down the road I switched.  My old doc would take five minutes with me, basically reading outloud to herself and never letting me ask a question.  I'm not one who is intimidated.  I would ask questions, finally get answers but I ultimately believed that she was not worthy of my insurance payment.  No way, sister, she wasn't going to make another quick $300 on me plus get my copay.  I had the ultimate revenge -- I left her high and dry.  And....I was one of her "good" patients.  All of us in the poz community would share horror stories about her and how unfairly she would treat those who didn't have insurance or who needed extra special care because of an OI.  She would try to turn them over to the county.  So, "I" with an undetectable VL and insurance, left her ass high and dry.

Check your insurance website for ID docs.  Make sure you CALL insurance too bec their websites aren't always up to date.  You need to put yourself first, even if it means a 45-minute drive 4x a year.  That's not so bad, is it?  

Andrea, also ask insurance if a genotype would be covered.  Years ago my CD4 was dropping and because it was about 350 my doc didn't seem concerned.  It kept dropping every three months and after nine months I demanded a genotype.  It turns out I had grown resistant to the PIs after 6 years and I switched to Sustiva.  Been on it ever since 2002.   ;D

Mum~  The girls are "just turned 14" and "I'll be 8 in a week."  I am pissed at youngest bec she was a little shitmonger today while Ice kept watching golf.  I finally spoke to youngest and Ice and asked for some help.  Ice started helping with the attitude adjustment for youngest.  She is learning who rules the roost around here, and it ain't her Daddy, lol.  I am not that laid back.  Hee hee!

I am working this week but Ice is on summer vacation to be with the girls.  He is the "bus driver" to take oldest to soccer tryouts this week.  She is exhausted bec its so much more intense than the summer league she was in.  We'll see how the cuts go this week.

Mum, also sorry to hear about your Aunt and Uncle's MC crash.  I am so glad they are OK.  That stuff is scary, and its always some idiot that causes probs on the highway, not the MC guys.  Don't even get me started, lol.

I looked for my King Tut pic but Ice will have to upload it again cause I didn't see it on Facebook.  An old friend from 6th grade found me on there today.  How cool?

OK, time to go take my insulin and go to bed.  Gotta dry this hair too, its getting really blonde, like white-blonde except the roots come in so brassy.

Oh, also, I counted my meds for the week tonight and it looks like I will be starting Atripla next Sunday night.  I am on Sustiva and Truvada right now, so its the same meds, but I am still nervous all the same, afraid of the dreaded rash at 10 days.  My doc says not to worry.  *sigh*

Nighty night GFs.........

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 09:51:06 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2009, 12:10:42 am »
Hi everyone!
Not much going on, just worked all weekend. :(

Mum - I hope your luck changes soon. What is hubby going back to school for? You mentioned CAP in your list of activities. Is that Civil Air Patrol? Sam and I are largely inactive right now, but are members.

Vivyt - You defiantly need a new ID. At a minimum your doctor should review your results and do a physical exam.

Snow - Thank you. Lucas was premature also, 28-31 weeks gestation 3# 3.5 oz. How early were your kids and how old are they now? Any lasting problems? Lucas starts preschool in Sept at the LIU so he can continue to get Physical and Speech therapy. They also have an occupational therapist who can work with him if he starts falling behind with that again.

Missy - Congratulations on your test results.

Well I better hit the sack. Best wishes to all.

Amy
Amy

tendai

« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2009, 06:03:55 am »
hie everyone!

been a long time. nothing much to report this side. work's ok, lucky for me my boss has been going away a lot so we're not that busy. i'm going out with this great guy, everyday i ask myself 'why is he with me?'. he's neg and knows my status. he's been supportive and sweet, though he does freak out sometimes ::). my counts gone way down to 270 and my doctor thinks i should start treatment. i really dont want to but i dont have much of a choice coz im freaking out with this cold i have which doesnt want to go away and im scared its because i may not have any t-cells left :o
i'll have to catch up with everyone when i have more time, just wanted to check in
stay blessed  :-* :-*

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2009, 06:57:06 am »
Morning all,

Cin, I hope things with the youngest improves.

Mary, how was lunch with your son?

Queen, I saw the last season of The Sopranos and the last episode.  I liked it; I thought that was the way it should have ended.  I was waiting for the guy to shoot Tony, but then it kind of left it up to your imagination, and I thought that was pretty cool after I thought about it.  Oh, I was pissed for the first minute or two.

Mum, yeah, what is hubby going to be taking in school?  You probably did mention it, I just don't remember.  I'm sure it will be a lot of extra stress on you.  Keep movin' on, as REO would say.  You know, don't think of everything you may be doing all at once.  That would be overwhelming.  Break it down into little manageable parts.

Andrea, I agree with everyone else.  You should get another doctor as quickly as you can.  What your doctor now is doing (or isn't doing) isn't fair to you.  You need someone who's thorough.  When do you start school?  The schools here go back this week, some even today.

Amy, I don't believe Snow's kids are +.  Is Lucas excited about school?

Tendai, a new man, aye?  Now I know why you haven't been here. ;)  Good luck!  You deserve it, after the weirdos you've come across.  And he's with you because you're a great person.

Yeah, I'm up early.  It's raining here, and very humid already.  Yesterday it was like 96 out with 90% humidity.  It was like you couldn't breathe when you went outside.  And my car doesn't have air in it.  For some reason, it doesn't work.  So mum, I sympathize with you.  When the windows are down, it's not too bad (yeah, right).  I've got more sorting to do.  I'm almost done with that.  One of my friends is supposed to bring over boxes today so I can start getting packed.  Tomorrow housing does the inspection.  I hope everything passes the first time, so I can move Saturday.        That's it right now.  You all have a good one.

Offline minismom

« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2009, 07:24:07 am »
Andrea, Mim had the same problem with dropping t-cells.  Her's dropped in half in about 7mths.  At first her ex-ID doc did NOTHING then she disappeared altogether.  We found a new Doc (3hr trip one-way in another state where our insurance won't pay) who got her off Zerit, adjusted a few other things, and her t-cells jumped right back up.  However, when her t-cells were falling, she was having a miserable time with month-long pneumonia and ear infections.  As someone who just went through it, my vote is to DEFINATELY change doctors. 

Teachers here go back on Wednesday and kids go back the Wed. after that (26th).  Where did the summer go?  We got a letter from the school board here saying that for 3yrs the elementary school has not met the "no child left behind" goals and is now in a manditory improvement period.  The law says that parents have the right to choose another school in the county for their kids to attend.  Problem is, there is no other school in the county!  Hubby and I laughed.  We called it the "we suck, and your stuck" letter.  We're not even sure why we got a copy - our kids don't go to public school.  It was funny, though.

Betty, Cindy, Amy, and Andrea, Hubby is going back to get a degree in Information Technology / Computer Porgramming / Networking.  He already has degrees in Electrical Engineering and Math. 

Tendai, where have you been?  I'm glad things are going well for you (new man, huh?).  I just read about the debate in your country over currency.  $2mill Zimdolllars to ride the bus? Sorry to hear about the dropping t's.  Maybe it's time to start meds.  You have to do what's right for you.  It's not always an easy decision, I know.

Screen is jumping and I'm getting motion sick.  I still haven't been able to do the thing cindy does and not lose my post.  Hope you ladies have a good one.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2009, 10:45:45 am »
Hey Ladies,

Just doing a drive by to let you all know I was still around. Nothing really going on. My Baby started school today. I almost cried. ( im such a crybaby) lol 

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2009, 12:09:55 pm »
Hi Keeping- Nice to see you! I know it is hard to see them go, just think of it,as you are doing a good job and she is off to learn even more.

Ten- I have been thinking of you.  I am so happy you found a nice man, he is with you, because you deserve to be with a nice man.

Mum- ROFLMAO, I can just imagine you two reading that letter and coming up with the "we suck and your stuck" comment, that is freaking hysterical, but kinda of sad for the kids that actually have to go to public schools.  Did you guys end up going to DQ after picking up trash on the trail?  I have been wanting one of those sundaes with the girl scout cookies in them, they look yummy.

BT- I was totally bummed and pissed at the ending of Sopranos, I thought my cable went out, in my head I think Meadow is still alive cuz she couldn't parallel park.

#1Mom- My kids were born at 29.5 weeks, they were 2 lbs 2 ounces, 2 lbs .02 ounces and 2 lbs and 4 ounces.  They are all negative, they got AZT for the first 6 weeks, which worked out good for me because they were discharged at 6 weeks.  It was hard enough just doing it with one, when I had my oldest son, but then his father was no help at all. They were all in early intervention for awhile. One of my sons eyes didn't develop all the way and he has had glasses since 11 months.  I think they have some learning delays, one of them is in a lifeskills class.  Supposedly preemies are supposed to catch up by the time they are 2 but I think that is a bunch of BS.They just turned 6 in June, I was going to post a before and after pic but I realized that my old computer crashed and this one doesn't have the pics on it.  I will have to find my stick.

Viv- I have to agree with everyone else about finding a new ID doc.  I have been contemplating the same thing because mine just reads me my results and gives me the same shpeel everytime.  It is important you find one that you have a comfort level with.  Here's wishing time goes slow for you and fast for me ;D

Offline netta

« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2009, 01:35:54 pm »
HI GF'S  Just checking in,nothing new going on.
Tendai- so happy to here from you!!!! good luck with you new man!!!
Hope everyone had a nice weekend.
"to thine own self be true"

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2009, 02:51:13 pm »
It's definitely good to hear from you Tendai...^5 on the new man. You deserve some happiness in your life just like me.... ;D So, I guess ya been missing wrestling too... ;)

It seems like for a few of us there isn't much going on. And I thought it was just me... :D Mum, I think you will be fine even when hubby goes back to school. I coulda swore I saw SM (super mum) painted on your chest.... :D And when you need to vent, we will be here for ya.

I didn't look at the ending from the prospective you did, Betty. But I also think of it as an opening if whoever wanted to bring it back. And I agree with whoever said Meadow is still alive. I was tempted to buy the first season at Best Buy the other day but I didn't cause of the ending. Oh well....I still got my eye on Oz though.

I like how Mum and hubby phrased that too. Come to think of it, has Mum ever cussed at all? *LOL* One of us in here has to be pure of heart...*lol* Just remember I'm the Angel with her halo tipped to the side and some horn showing...<EG>...

Edited to add: Got a card from my son today, he finally got the money......
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 05:33:22 pm by Queen Tokelove »
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2009, 07:10:08 pm »
Hi everyone,

Vivyt, the Atripla took some getting used to for sure. There seemed to be a period that I could tolerate it rather well but the last couple of months, the Sustiva has been causing some CNS issues with me. Or maybe the Sustiva just made some minor issues I was having worse. I don't know. I just hope it will be a relief when I start the new meds, even though there are quite a few more pills that I will be taking everyday. You know my new meds cost almost $2800 a month now? Insane!

Betty, good luck with the inspection. I hope it goes smooth.

Queen, I'm glad your having a good time in NY and your son finally got the mula. I miss my games. Now, I'm stuck with playing around with the myspace apps. Kinda fun though.

Mum, if you have the newest version of Internet Explorer, there is a little icon on the upper part of the actual browser. It's next to the refresh button and it looks like a little piece of paper torn in half. If you click on that, it should switch to compatibility view. If you hover your mouse over the little icon, you should see this: "Compatibility view: websites desidned for older browsers will often look better and problems such as out-of-place menus, images or text will be corrected." I don't know if that made any since or not.

Not much going on with me today. I'm going to get my labs done tomorrow morning because I'm almost out of Atripla. Pretty warm here but I'm just glad that we don't have any fires close by (knock on wood). Last year, there were over 800 fires in California because of all the dry lightening storms. It was scary. Anyway, I hope you all have a nice day. :-*

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2009, 01:03:31 am »
Hi everyone.

Betty - Lucas met his teacher a few weeks ago. He is so psyched to start school   8). Every day he was waking up and asking if he was going to school that day  ::). I had to keep telling him he can't start till after his birthday. Now most days he wakes up and says he's going to school in the fall after his birthday   ;).

Mum - Queen is right, you have SM written all over you. I'm sure you'll get through, I have faith in you. What is hubby hoping to do with the new degree?

Snow - Lucas was in NICU for 48 days. I was so scared and so exhausted when he first came home on the monitor. I can't imagine what I would have done with 3  :o. Lucas also got 6 weeks AZT while in NICU. He was tested negative twice with the same test used for viral loads while in NICU. Then at 3 mo he tested positive  :'(. So far no complications from that. His problems are from his prematurity and mild cerebral palsy. He's really doing well though. I couldn't believe when he learned to go down the firemen's pole  ::). Are your kids going to the regular elementary? Are they getting any therapy now? I'd love to see your pics and hope you find them.

If this works the pics will be the day I met Lucas and today on the fireman's pole at the park. I hope you like them.

Take care everyone.
Amy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Amy

Offline minismom

« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2009, 07:38:57 am »
What a cutie pie, Amy!  I remembered last night that I forgot to answer your CAP question: yes, Civil Air Patrol.  My dad is the commander and our oldest (just turned 12) will start in the fall.  If he stays in for 5yrs (or should I say WHEN he stays in for 5yrs ;)), CAP will pay for his college.  He's not mentioned wanting to go into the military, but if he does, after basic training, he'll go in as an officer.  Mim can't wait until she can join because she wants to learn how to fly.

Holly, I never found the torn piece of paper, but I started hitting a bunch of buttons and found the one that says "Compatability View" and one that says "Compatability View Settings".  I hit the former and will see what happens.  Thanks!

Queen, I think I've cursed once or twice - Betty even made a comment about it.  I have to be pretty angry, though.  No SM here - I wish.  There's an old song that goes: "They don't know that I go running home when I fall down.  They don't know who picks me up when no one is around.  I lay down my sword and cry for just a while.  Because deep inside this armor, the warrior is a child."  That's me. :-\

Snow, it really does stink for the kids around here - especially those who have any sort of disability or need some help.  There's 1 elementary school, 1 middle, and 1 highschool.  The closest private school is about 40 minutes away.  Even at that, there are only 3 and they're all in the middle of a decent county with a ton of school options.  Hubby and I noticed that the elementary school has a new principal.  Hopefully that helps.  The biggest problem is nepatism.  If you call to complain about the IEP, your calling that person's husband.  If you're calling to complain about the autism guy, you're calling his wife.  That's what needs to be done away with.

We did go to DQ and I got their GirlScout Thin Mint Blizzard.  VERY GOOD!!  Don't recommend getting anything bigger than a small - it's super rich.

Hubby met with his academic advisor yesterday and got his schedule.  Of the 12 hours he's supposed to take this semester, the advisor waived all but 3 hours.  Hubby's still taking 12 hours, but at the end of this semester, he'll have 33 hours under his belt counting the all hours he was waived.  Also, once he gets a letter from his ex-boss about the work he did, Hubby will be exempted from 6 more hours.  So total, he'll be down 39 of the 66 required hours by December.  I ordered a cake for him that says "Good Luck" and "Welcome to the Geek Squad".  We'll have it Sunday before he starts school on Tuesday.

Once he has his degree, he'll continue working for himself but will be able to have bigger contracts (with hospitals, offices, banks, school systems) networking their computers.  What exactly that entales, I have no idea - I just take his word for it.

Today we have a co-op planning meeting at 10.  After that, Hubby and I will clear out our room, pull up the carpet, prep the floor, and stain the baseboards and trim.  Tomorrow we start laying out the wood.  Hubby thinks we can get it done in a day.  I'm thinking if we're done by Saturday, I'll count myself lucky.  Thursday Mim goes back to her doc for more testing.

WHEW! All that and no jumpy screen - THANK YOU!!  You all have a great day.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2009, 08:16:22 am »
Mum- What a bummer,I can't stand nepatism.  Growing up we only had 2 elementary and middle and one high school, and the 5 towns that surrounded us went to the high school.  Thankfully, there wasn't much nepatism in school anyway because we were'nt too far from bigger cities so there were a lot of commuters. A friend of mine wrote a book and she described our town as"tiny, mildly affluent town in Mass with a big ego problem. People there seemed to be cursed with huge heads, but small minds"  She hit the nail on the head.  Where I live now has like 15 elementary schools and they all suck :-\

Mint is the one I wanted to try. ;D

Amy- Yup, they are in a public school.  They do not have any therapy now, my problems have been more about getting them all into the same school and getting them to realize if they were all born on the same day and have the same birthday......(GASP) they are the same AGE.  I am not even joking.  When I first tried to get them into pre-school it was taking weeks and weeks.  Calling wasn't working, so I went down to the school and ending up talking to the Vice Principal, she actually told me the issue was that one of the kids was born months from the others???It was so hard for me not to flip out, I just explained it was the same day, each a minute apart and it was early in the morning not around midnight. THEN at the same school, they tried to tell me one of the boys was anti-social.  This was from his speech therapists, I asked if he realized that he was 3some and they looked at me like I was alien. They had no idea. I again had to explain he is with someone else, 2 other little people, 24/7 dontcha think, when he has an opportunity to go off and do something by himself, he will?  They dropped it.

That is great that Lucas can do the pole.  Isn't it fun to see what interests them when they get older?

I have to get the kids up and out, we are meeting my Mom at pond to swim, near where I grew up. I hope everyone has a good day!

Oh I could shoot myself, yesterday I found the pics and downloaded all 657 of them and I am on my SO's laptop. I will post them later, Amy. Sorry!

edited to remove the T word...OOPS!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 04:51:47 pm by Snowangel »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2009, 09:10:50 am »
Morning all,

Mum, I seem to remember making a remark about that time you actually cussed on here.  I knew something must've been terribly wrong.  Anyway, that's great news about hubby's credits!  I don't understand about what he wants to do with the computers, but that's me.  My brother's girlfriend is techy like that.  She actually used to work for the Geek Squad at Best Buy.  One time, my computer wouldn't connect to the internet.  I called the cable company, who said it must be something wrong with the tower.  She came over, and figured out it was the modem (and she had brought her laptop).  She somehow found the modem's program in her laptop, downloaded it, and put it on my computer so I could connect to the internet.  The next day, the cable company brought me a new modem. ::)  Now, how these people know how to do all these things, I have no clue.  I'm lucky I can navigate around a little on the internet.

Keeping, it's great to hear from you!  Hey, before you know it, your baby will be graduating high school.

Snow, I believe Meadow was still alive also.  I think had she been killed, it would have shown it.  Have fun swimming.

Queen, you're right.  It's a perfect opening if someone wants to do The Sopranos again.  I bought the first season at Best Buy a few months ago, when it was on sale for only $24.00.  I used to love Oz.

Holly, I've seen the fires they have in California now. I hope none of them are close.  That would be very scarey. 

Amy, wow, Lucas is so adorable.  I'm so glad he's able to do that pole.  Heck, I'm 43 and I don't think I could do it.

Today is the inspection.  One of my friends brought me over some boxes last night, so I'm going to finalize the sorting, then start packing.  I may try to talk the landlord into giving me the keys early, so I can start taking stuff in.  That way there won't be so much to move.  I really hope Saturday will be the day everything will be moved.  I've already called the cable company, so if it's not Saturday, I'm in trouble.

I also start doing another work experience (those month long things I do) at a treatment center in South Bend.  I'll be working in the detox.  That should be interesting.  Anyway, I think it will be a good experience, especially since I want to get into addictions.  That starts this afternoon.  That's about it for me right now.  Still waiting to hear from the school about the financial aid stuff.  I hope you all have a good day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2009, 07:23:39 pm »
Betty, you and me both..lol.  I asked Hubby what exactly it was he was going to do and he said, "You know when you hear people say 'call the IT guy'?  Well, that'll be me - the IT guy."  Yeah, OK, that explains it ::)  My mum asked me the same question.  I told her to go ask Hubby because I didn't have a clue.  She said, "When are you guys going to do something that I can explain to other people?"  Probably no time soon.  I did tell Hubby to write me out a 2 or 3 sentence explaination that I could recite when people ask what he's doing.  I just won't be able to explain what it means..lol.

LOL about my cursing.  The pharamcy folks just about got an earful today.  I think the last time had something to do with our inept ex-PID.  Or maybe my inlaws. :P

We got everything ready to start on our room but didn't get started.  Every thing took longer than expected.  By sundown tomorrow we should be mostly done.  The co-op planning meeting went well.  Our oldest is going to take a section of Latin this year and Greek next year.  Hubby's not going to be able to teach, so he's watching the babies. AWWWW! 

That's about it from this side of the Mason-Dixon.  I have bananas in the freezer that I'll dip in chocolate for desert tonight. Mmmm-Mmmm ;D 

Everybody make it a good one.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2009, 08:35:31 pm »
Hi GFs~

I am beat because work is slow, I guess.  My co-worker is on vaca so I am doing her work without my mgr even asking bec I am so bored.  

Tendai nice to see you!!   :D

Thanks for posting the kids' pics, very cute to see those little ones.  No I can't "do the pole" either, lol, my neck is in such bad shape.

I played Little Big Planet/World/Earth whatever its called with Ice and the kids.  My little sack person was all bugged out in some crazy outfit with shades and rabbit ears.  Has anyone seen that for PS?  LOL  Its a riot!

Sorry I am so tired GFs but I wanted to let you know that this week with the girls hasn't been so bad.  Oldest got cut from soccer tryouts last night and was a little weepy, but she wasn't all too sure if she could handle all of the practice during school.  I guess it was for the best, and at least she didn't have her heart TOTALLY set on it or it would've been worse.

I am buying a few new cheap tops from Kohls bec of the sales and coupons in the mail.  I never have new stuff so I am excited.  Hell, I'm even excited to have new Jockey underwear although Buddah the Belly has caused me to go up a size.  :o  I also got some new hoochie mama shoes from ShoeBuy.com.   ;)  They are Aerosoles with an open toe and a 3-1/2 inch heel.  WTF I was thinking, I don't know, but I am trying to high step with the rest of 'em at work, omg. LOLOLOL

I am watching AMC and then calling it a night.  Whew.

Getting creeped out a bit cause its the week my husband died.  I am tearing up when I least expect it, too.  I was at IHOP with Ice and the kids last weekend and the theme to Titanic came on, which I haven't heard in awhile.  That song was so overplayed I couldn't stand it, but it came out when my husband died.  I started crying at dinner, oh goodness.  I'll be OK, but this is tough, always is.   :-\

Love to all,

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 09:23:52 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline missy

« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2009, 09:30:28 pm »
Hi Gfs just stopping in.

I had a rough day today.  I had to drive up to the facility in PA on the way home I figured I would hit the gym which I did.  When I left to get in the car the battery was dead all I could think was oh shit! I couldn’t reach my son, he was on a fire call (he is a volunteer fireman) so I called AAA and they came and brought me a battery but by this time, I didn’t care if I was paying to much.  My only thought was put the dam thing in. They did and off I drove… Now you know I was at the gym with the hood up and 5 guys walked by not making eye contact, my temper was flaring but I didn’t say anything. One lady did offer to let me use her cell phone, but I told her I was ok and then the AAA truck pulled in.  ???

Cindy hang in there  I will keep you in my prayers…I know how you feel.  I wish I was still riding with Magic on the Harley.  I think of him everytime a red Ultra Classic goes by. Its hard, but he will always be in my heart.

I might have a nibble on the house keep your fingers crossed for me!

Mum if I wasn’t doing Weight Watchers I would go right to DQ and get one of those GirlScout Thin Mint Blizzards.  Yummy, I guess I will have to settle for a WW fudgebar. :D

BT I hope all goes ok with the move and I had a great lunch with my son

Amy the pictures are beautiful. Was he born on September 16, that’s my birthday. I give him credit for sliding down the pole, I am not sure I could do that. He is so cute.

Snow you would have thought by now they would realize there are three.

Mary

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2009, 11:38:53 pm »
Wooo- What a long day, swimming was fun, we made it back in time for football practice, dropped my son and his friend at his friends house for a sleepover, came home and ate, was going out to the car to get my sons coconuts(a.ka. acorns) and WHAM, the dog got sprayed by a skunk.  I happened to watch the Dog Whisperer on yesterday and he had a girl on that would do a mean voice and a nice voice and her dog only listened when she did the nice voice. I tried it tonight with my dog, it worked pretty good, I washed and rinsed him 5 times with the hose and used my nice voice and didn't even have to hold onto him or tie him up.  Maybe he just realized how bad he smelled?

Missy- Girl, that really sucks that none of the guys stopped to help you.  Couldnt of just got a jump from AAA?  Usually if you have it jumped and let it run for awhile it will charge the battery.  You should carry jumper cables with you. In an old van I had, the fuel line kept falling off and it happened one day at a light with all the kids in the car, everyone was behind me beeping, so I got and started pushing it to the side of the road.  The 2 guys behind me jumped out to help and got off the horn when they saw me pushing, when I got it to the side of the road, I got under it and stuck the hose back on.  It was all I could not to give everyone the finger when I jumped back in it and drove away especially the cop on the side of the road just staring.

I will keep everything crossed that your house sells and I hope you have a better day tomorrow.  I am the 7th, we are both Virgos. ;)

Moon- I love the sales at Kohls.  Sorry to hear the little girl got cut from soccer, I know she was working hard at it. I will be thinking of you this week, we are all here for you.

BT- Hope the inspection went well and you like your new job.  That should be really interesting for you since that is what you want to get into.

Mum- The bananas sound yummy!  That is great that your oldest is taking 2 languages.  Your hubby has the perfect personality for that type of job, he will be really good at it.

Ugh, the file are too large.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2009, 12:52:55 am »
Amy- Here goes :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2009, 07:01:43 am »
Morning all,

Mum, I guess you really don't have to explain what hubby does.  Just recite the lines, and if people ask you to explain, look at them like they're dumb.

Cin, I understand the sadness.  And I'm glad you have Ice in your life.

Mary, I can't believe those guys didn't offer to help you!  I probably would've said something nasty (or at least thought it). 

Snow, your children are so adorable.  Sorry about your poor dog.  Is he better smelling now?

The place passed inspection, so I started packing before I had to be at the treatment center.  I'm going to try to have most of the stuff packed tonight, so I can start moving the little stuff in the next couple days.  It's going to be tight, because I have to be somewhere almost 50 miles away tomorrow night at 6:30, then Friday I want to do laundry so I don't have to do it Sunday.  I told my landlord I would clean this place Sunday, after moving everything Saturday. 

The treatment center was interesting.  There was a heroin addict who came in and of course didn't stay.  He had a wife and two kids and had gotten them all kicked out of their home.  Too bad he didn't stay.  There were calls there every minute; cops wanting to bring people in, families wanting to know if they (treatment center) did interventions (not), people wanting rides to get there etc.  It was pretty busy.   They don't do medical detox there, so if someone's coming off booze or heroin, they usually put them in an observation room, and if things start to go bad, they have them taken to the hospital.  Anyway, I think this will be a very interesting job.  If I like it, I'll stay on and volunteer when the work experience is over.            That's about it for me.  You ladies have a good one.

Offline minismom

« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2009, 08:50:17 am »
Snow, it's amazing to see where the trips were and how far they've come.  I can't believe your daughter's hair - goodness.  We had friends at our old church whose son and his girlfriend had natural trips at the age of 16!  Soon after the babies were born, mom and dad  went to jail so the grandparents raised them for 6yrs.  They were same as your's: 2 boys and a girl.  Such cuties, too.  They are 15 or 16 now :o  Hard to believe.  Oldest isn't thrilled about Latin, but studying it is actually an intensive study in the English language.  It helps to understand root words and spelling. 

Betty, good luck at your new job.  Since everything passed insection, do you get to move on Saturday?  How exciting.  Do you have someone coming to help you carry stuff?

Alrighty, time to get to work on our room.  We've got to haul everything out to the living room (again).  I need to go take before pictures.  I wish I had some of the "old" color before we painted it.  I still need to make a new comforter and curtains, but you'll get an idea of the 1960's carpet.

Tomorrow Mim goes back to the doctor for bloodwork and a host of other tests.  She'll also get a referral to see a peds rheumatologist for her knees and hips.

Hubby the task master is calling me - time to get to work.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2009, 05:07:08 pm »
BT- Thank you!  I am excited for you to be able to move, it will be nice to have a change of scenery.  The dog smells pretty good.  I thought I could smell it in my hair  :P, so I took a shower last night and this morning.  My aunt has a sister-in-law that loves the smell of skunk, it just makes me want to puke.

Mum- At 16? Good googly moogly, I think that would turn me off sex for life, it was bad enough for me at 32.  That was nice that the grandparents stepped in, I am not looking forward to teenage years.  Everyone learning how to drive at the same time, boyfriends, girlfriends,I am just going to start praying now.
That kind of makes it interesting to find out where words come from, I hope he enjoys it.  Good luck with the room today.
I hope you guys have a good trip to the docs tomorrow and everything goes well and as planned.  Thank you for my Thank you card, you are all so sweet! ;D

I have just been laying low, I was going to clean out the boys room so I can start scrapping the nasty popcorn off the ceiling, but it is too damn hot!  Dropped my oldest off for bowling and chinese and now I am just waiting to take him to football practice.
12 more days until school starts!  Yeah, BABY!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2009, 07:21:21 am »
Morning all,

Mum, I'm thinking about Mim, and I'm anxious to hear what the doc had to say.  Good luck with your room.  I do have someone who's coming Saturday morning.

Snow, someone actually likes the smell of skunk?  That's crazy.  But, bizarre things happen all the time.  You know, school started here this week.  I guess every state is different.

Yesterday was crazy.  When I got home from work I got a call from a number I didn't recognize.  So I answered it, and it started off by saying "this is a call from a correctional institute...."  I thought wtf?  It was my daughter.  Of course the call has to be collect, and my phone company (who is the cable company) has blocks on collect calls.  We got a 1 minute courtesy call, then they had information about a number to call to get this taken care of.  So, I called the number, and I had to make a $25 payment with my debit card for a 15 minute call.  So, of course, being that it's my child I did.  That makes my finances extremely tight for this month, with no extra money at all to spare (not even for a McDonald's hamburger).  She called later.  Apparently she and the boyfriend were drinking, and he called her pathetic, so she threw a glass of wine in his face and he had her arrested.  Now, this guy is 6'5".  I can't believe he was intimidated.  I think it was pretty shitty that he called the cops.  She called last night and had been released.  Apparently he had dropped the charges.  She says she feels very betrayed and emotionally numb.  The baby's alright, though, thank God.  I don't know what's going to happen, but every time they have a huge fight, alcohol is involved.  Her boss told her she needed to go to AA, and she went on about how she didn't drink when she was pregnant.  I told her it's not about how often a person drinks, it's about what happens when a person drinks.  I'm not going to lecture her, though.  I never listened to anyone, and she's too strong-headed to.

Work went alright yesterday.  When I left, there was a man sitting in the office, waiting for some paperwork who was withdrawing off Methadone.  That's such a horrible feeling.  When I used to take it (the pill form) I ran out one time and thought I was literally going to die.  My mum ended up taking me to the emergency room. So, anyway, I know how he was feeling, and I don't think he's going to make it in there.  They don't give them anything there for withdrawal, and if it gets bad enough, they send them to the hospital. 

Needless to say, I didn't get a whole lot of packing done, but I did pack for two hours straight.  Boy, the body sure gets different as one ages.  I didn't used to ache this much.  Today I have to take my new lease to housing, call the license bureau to see what all I have to take in, and a couple more places.  The license bureau is getting very aggravating here.  When my brother tried to change his license from Alaska to here, he took in his ss card, birth certificate, and a printout of the electric bill with his name on it (he pays his bills online).  They wouldn't take the printout, nor a lease, but would take his gf's word for it that he lived there.  I thought that was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.  So, I could pay a homeless drunk $10 and have him vouch for my address, but I can't use a lease or a printout of a bill that has the electric company's logo on it.  Crazy.  It's like they think you're the Taliban or something and have an elaborate scheme planned.         Anyway, tonight I have to be in a town about 50 miles away, so I don't really know how much moving I'll get done.  Maybe none.  Oh well, you all have a good one.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2009, 01:58:48 pm »
BT- Sorry to hear about your daughter. I can't believe he called the cops because she threw wine in his face, wouldn't you love to hear what he tells people about that one.  I can just imagine how lost she feels right now especially because they have the baby.  I hope everything works out and I am glad the baby is OK.

That is nuts, that they didn't take the printed off stuff but they took the word of a girlfriend, that makes no sense.

I think you will you do good at the job, I think it helps when you have first hand knowledge and are not just blowing smoke, when you talk to the clients.

I have just been cleaning, washing the floors, showed my son how to mow. He wants me to run some of his football plays with him, LOL, I don't understand football at all, so who knows how that will go.

Where is everyone?

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2009, 03:41:39 pm »
Hi ladies,

Snow, I hate the smell of skunk. We have six dogs and live in the country. The hound mix used to love skunks when he was younger. We would hear him baying (barking of a sort) in the woods at night and we knew he was probably after a skunk. He was sprayed several times but I think he liked it. I think he must have eaten one too once, as there were bits of hair and parts of a skunk out in the woods  several years ago. Our little lab was sprayed last year right in the face. We let her in the house before we knew what happened. YUCK!!! Anyway, there is this stuff called 'Skunk Off' you can get from the vet and it works wonders!! A little pricey but well worth it.

Betty, I'm sorry about your daughter but I'm glad that the baby is ok. The jail system sure makes a lot of money with the calling system they have. Pretty sickening. In the past few months, my dad was arrested and put on probation, my younger brother was arrested and put on probation and my youngest brother was arrested and put in juvie and put on probation, so I feel for you.

Not a whole lot going on with me. I have another dentist appointment today and get another filling. How fun! I'm also confused about my med situation. The longer I think about it, I don't know if I can justify changing my meds with the problems I'm having at this point. The issues have gotten a little better. It just really depends on the day. I need to make my mind up soon though because I'm almost out of Atripla and I already picked up my new meds. If for some reason, I can't tolerate the new meds, I could always switch back to Atripla.

P.S. Good luck with your job Betty and the move. And Snow, have fun with the football. I don't understand it either, lol.

Offline missy

« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2009, 08:35:51 pm »
Hi gfs, Just dropping in.  I had a busy day, but all was good. I even hit the gym with no mishaps tonight….yeah!  I talked to my sister today and she is going to come and visit me in October (she lives in CA) and we are going to NY to catch a show, we will have a great time. Her daughter goes to school at NYU so we are going to visit her too.  It will be great to see her, I haven’t seen her since x-mas.

Betty, sorry to hear about you daughter, I can’t believe he called the cops over a glass of wine. What a wimp.  Hope all goes well with the move and job.

Snow you be careful out there playing football!

Mum how is the little one doing, did you go to the doctor yet.

Take care all.  Mary  :D

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2009, 08:42:27 pm »
Hi GFs~

Snow~  I heard that tomato juice is supposed to get the smell of skunk off of a dog, or you, or whatever.  Old wives' tale, I suppose.  I think its cute your son wants to play football with you.  You just have him run down the field, he'll look back at you, and you pass the ball to him.  That's the simple version, lol.  ;)

Hello to Mum, Mary and Queen.

BT~ Sorry to hear about the snafu with your daughter.  At least the guy didn't hurt her or the baby.  I think his ego is hurt more than anything, which is why he called the cops on her.  I'm excited that you're moving to the new place.  How did today go with packing and such?

Holly~  You are getting ready to switch OFF of Atripla?  Didn't you mention CNS issues?  You don't have to ask these girls, I was going thru all sorts of BS last year and kept blaming it on my neck and dehydration, but I wonder how much of it is from the meds.  I was having balance probs and my foot would always hit the ground a split-second sooner than my brain expected it to, making me feel uneasy, like I was on a boat.

I am starting Atripla this weekend, which should be the same as my Sustiva and Truvada, just all in one pill.  I am still a little leery of what effects I might have from it.  Queen got the dreaded rash when she started it.  Did you?  If you want to post or PM more of your specific probs with the CNS, go ahead, and we can compare.  If you look back at the threads from last Spring (waaaaaaaaaay back), I'm sure I'm in there bitching about feeling unsteady.  I also have a bad neck, so I don't know what the prob is.  I still have some days that are worse than others, and my depth perception seems a little off, too.  It can even affect how I feel while driving, esp at high speeds.  Then it starts to sound like anxiety....Which came first?  I dunno.....

Baked the cake tonight for youngest's bday.  It will cool tonight and I will decorate it tomorrow.  I hope we don't mess it up.

Sleep tight!  BT let me know when you feel that cold front so I can get ready and welcome it with open arms!

Forgot to add that one of the churches sent their check to help with my renter's security deposit.  Woo-hoo!

On a sad note, cause you all know its looming heavy now, tonight is the night my husband died 13 years ago.  I will get through this but it gives me the heebie-jeebies.  I only recently caught up with my ex brother -in-law on Facebook a month ago.  I bet they are surprised I'm still here, but I said I would fight this thing.

Also, Kohls sent me an email today confirming the shipment of my new tops I ordered.  Oh, and of my Budda Belly underwear, one size bigger, oh goodness. ::)

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 09:10:09 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2009, 09:55:38 pm »
Evening ladies,

Cindy, I'm supposed to be switching off Atripla. My issues are increased anxiety and almost a bit of paranoia. Before meds, I was not like this. Maybe anxiety every now and then but I would usually know what was causing it and I knew how to control and cope with it. I think it's the Sustiva that has taken it to a whole new level and then some! The warnings do say there could be mental and mood changes and I think that's what's going on with me. It's hard to pinpoint though, if it's the meds or me. :-\ Anyway, I think I'm getting closer to starting the new regimen but don't quote me on that, lol.

OOOhhh, they are building a Kohl's near where I live. It used to be a Mervyn's but I'm excited to have a place I can eventually afford to shop at. I hope you like your goodies.

Missy, that sucks about your car but at least it didn't happen again when you went back. The NY trip sounds like fun. I always wanted to go. It's nice to have that to look forward to.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.