Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:41:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 192
Total: 192

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What happened to the ignore functionality ?  (Read 28694 times)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: What happened to the ignore functionality ?
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2011, 08:16:06 pm »
The person I ignored I think has the most people ignoring him. Miss Congeniality - NOT.

Yes.  We KNOW.  You brought that up at least twice in this very thread.  We get it.  You don't like that person, can't click him or her away right now and are in complete knots about it.

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2011, 08:25:08 pm »
A perfect example of what I was describing earlier. ::)
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2011, 08:25:34 pm »
The person I ignored I think has the most people ignoring him. Miss Congeniality - NOT.

And your point is???
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2011, 08:34:32 pm »
And your point is???

And YOUR point is?

I guess I'll have to start adding more people on the ignore feature!  That's my friggin point.

Skeebs I'm so glad your balls are better.

Willy Wump that was hilarious#@! I love Alex.

Miss P, stop being tiresome and go back to being bitchy and witty, we like you better that way.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 08:39:48 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2011, 08:35:53 pm »

I use to  put people on ignore and send them a PM asking, "Who the hell has you on ignore?"
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline woodshere

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2011, 08:40:15 pm »
And YOUR point is?

I guess I'll have to start adding more people on the ignore feature!  That's my friggin point.

My point is who really gives a shit who is ignored by the most menbers.  Everyone who is missing the ignore feature, get over it.  If you don't want to read a person's post skip it and move on.
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2011, 08:42:13 pm »
I'm not sure which scares me more. The fact that some folks can get so upset about one missing feature, or that there are members who actually know the ignore rankings of other members. Both sound pretty pathetic to me.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2011, 08:42:18 pm »
My point is who really gives a shit who is ignored by the most menbers.  Everyone who is missing the ignore feature, get over it.  If you don't want to read a person's post skip it and move on.

Can you accept the fact that some of us like the IGNORE feature? It's there for a reason. i don't want to "scroll through." I want to outright IGNORE. There is a difference, thank you very much.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2011, 08:43:22 pm »
I'm not sure which scares me more. The fact that some folks can get so upset about one missing feature, or that there are members who actually know the ignore rankings of other members. Both sound pretty pathetic to me.

So glad you chimed in with your usual judgement of others!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2011, 08:43:44 pm »
And YOUR point is?

I guess I'll have to start adding more people on the ignore feature!  That's my friggin point.

Well, obviously that WASN'T your point or you would have just said so.  No...you repeated that same bit about the person you have on ignore.  It's obvious you're trying to make some passive aggressive statement against some other poster you don't like, and you are going to great pains to try to make sure that not only that poster but everybody else on the darn forum hears all about your distaste for him/her.

THAT is what is just so unbelievably tiresome about this whole ruckus.  If you wanted to ignore someone, you could just IGNORE them.  But no...you want to stage some giant pageant about it.

Yeesh.

-YPT

(who hopes you'll bear him in mind when you get that ever lovin' button back)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2011, 08:44:30 pm »
Well, obviously that WASN'T your point or you would have just said so.  No...you repeated that same bit about the person you have on ignore.  It's obvious you're trying to make some passive aggressive statement against some other poster you don't like, and you are going to great pains to try to make sure that not only that poster but everybody else on the darn forum hears all about your distaste for him/her.

THAT is what is just so unbelievably tiresome about this whole ruckus.  If you wanted to ignore someone, you could just IGNORE them.  But no...you want to stage some giant pageant about it.

Yeesh.

-YPT

(who hopes you'll bear him in mind when you get that ever lovin' button back)

Thank you, Dr. Freud.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2011, 08:47:04 pm »
Jesus used the ignore feature on Darfur for years and it got ugly so y'all better be careful .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2011, 08:47:28 pm »
PLEASE NOTE: there are now ten people reading this thread :D

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2011, 08:47:44 pm »
Cats are great at ignoring people... they invented it!  

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2011, 08:48:09 pm »
I WILL NOT BE IGNORED!!!

OK I promise never to put you on ignore...but you are to cute and handsome to ignore anyway... ;)

Modified to add: I think I'll ignore this thread now , it's all pretty pointless.

Inchling you rcomment to Joe was uncalled for.

Aroha
Jan :-*.
(who doesn't give a sh*t who has her on ignore)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 08:56:21 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2011, 08:48:56 pm »

Who can ignore this whole ignore shit?  NOBODY!  

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2011, 08:49:43 pm »

Thank you, Dr. Freud.

Such devastating repartee.  

It doesn't take a whole lot pf psychology to arrive at the patently obvious, pumpkin.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2011, 08:50:35 pm »
So glad you chimed in with your usual judgement of others!

Yes, it does sound so sordid, when I say it. At least I don't live it.

Better yet, why don't we start a thread to talk about members who we don't want to ignore. What would you have to complain about then?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 08:52:34 pm by killfoile »

Offline woodshere

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2011, 08:50:49 pm »
On a side note, the OP that started this thread has ignored the forum since that post... :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 08:56:46 pm by woodshere »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2011, 08:51:32 pm »

I can't judge someone for wanting to use the ignore feature.  If it makes their experience here better for them then what's to oppose?
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2011, 08:51:46 pm »
Can you accept the fact that some of us like the IGNORE feature? It's there for a reason. i don't want to "scroll through." I want to outright IGNORE. There is a difference, thank you very much.

And if you bothered to pay attention you'd know that Tim Horn intends for the ignore function to be reinstated when the forum upgrades to SMF 2.x.

He's mentioned that at least twice, if memory serves.

So just hunker down and ride the misery out, Inchie. You'll be able to return to the sterile echo chamber which allows you to hear only things you want to hear soon enough duckie.

MtD

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2011, 08:59:36 pm »

And if you bothered to pay attention you'd know that Tim Horn intends for the ignore function to be reinstated when the forum upgrades to SMF 2.x.

He's mentioned that at least twice, if memory serves.

So just hunker down and ride the misery out, Inchie. You'll be able to return to the sterile echo chamber which allows you to hear only things you want to hear soon enough duckie.

MtD

I love you, Matty. And I'm not being sarcastic when I say that.

But I do know that the ignore function is intact (I didn't even start this F*****ing thread). I just made one little comment that I only had one person on ignore and that that person happens to be ignored by the most number of people. I was making an OBSERVATION, God forbid. And I was summarily attacked by an army of the humorless.

I just hope and pray that I gave at least two people good reason to ignore ME!

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2011, 09:01:17 pm »
[

Jan, so big of you to stick up for Joe, he needs the help.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 09:03:39 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2011, 09:03:17 pm »

You're back from Stepford!

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2011, 09:03:31 pm »
I love you, Matty. And I'm not being sarcastic when I say that.

But I do know that the ignore function is intact (I didn't even start this F*****ing thread). I just made one little comment that I only had one person on ignore and that that person happens to be ignored by the most number of people. I was making an OBSERVATION, God forbid. And I was summarily attacked by an army of the humorless.

I just hope and pray that I gave at least two people good reason to ignore ME!

Ah, so then this is about me and not Matty?  Seriously?  Odd since you have no problem sending me PMs requesting computer assistance.

::scratches head::

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2011, 09:04:39 pm »
Ah, so then this is about me and not Matty?  Seriously?  Odd since you have no problem sending me PMs requesting computer assistance.

::scratches head::

I love you too, baby boy (as long as you're bitchy and witty and not humorless and judgmental).

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2011, 09:07:36 pm »
OK I promise never to put you on ignore...but you are to cute and handsome to ignore anyway... ;)

Modified to add: I think I'll ignore this thread now , it's all pretty pointless.

Aroha
Jan :-*.
(who doesn't give a sh*t who has her on ignore)

Oh Jansy, you know you are the apple of my eye. If I were straight I would steal you away from your hubby :)

Why cant there be more lovey dovey stuff like this in this thread?
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2011, 09:15:35 pm »

Sorry, I had a hard time sifting through all the passive-aggressive noise, but now I get it. When you make essentially the same comment that I do, that's an observation. However, when I make the same observation, it's now an attack. OK, whatever you need to tell yourself.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2011, 09:17:29 pm »

Sorry, I had a hard time sifting through all the passive-aggressive noise, but now I get it. When you make essentially the same comment that I do, that's an observation. However, when I make the same observation, it's now an attack. OK, whatever you need to tell yourself.

Excuse me, I didn't call anyone "pathetic." It's not something I would ever do. Maybe when I was in high school.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 09:30:16 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2011, 11:51:08 pm »
Jan, so big of you to stick up for Joe, he needs the help.

Inchling..that was a little childish, not sure what's gotten into you today.

Aroha
Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2011, 01:08:57 am »
Miss P, stop being tiresome and go back to being bitchy and witty, we like you better that way.

I like the kinder, gentler, thousand points of light version.   ;)

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2011, 04:08:48 am »
Looks like someone whipped up the feeding frenzy on Inchling.  Inch, you're a terrible person obviously.  You can tell because so many people are telling you so.  Oh and if you didn't get the memo the secret phrase today is: passive aggressive.  Your best bet at this point is to take all the wonderful decrees about your person handed down to you to heart and change yourself.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2011, 04:12:54 am »
Looks like someone whipped up the feeding frenzy on Inchling.  Inch, you're a terrible person obviously.  You can tell because so many people are telling you so.  Oh and if you didn't get the memo the secret phrase today is: passive aggressive.  Your best bet at this point is to take all the wonderful decrees about your person handed down to you to heart and change yourself.

Jesus Christ. Are you this whiny in real life?  ::)

MtD

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2011, 04:13:21 am »
Jesus Christ. Are you whiny in real life?  ::)

MtD

Perceptive and outspoken?  Yeah.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2011, 04:52:00 am »
Just wondering, did the original poster find the answers he was looking for?
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2011, 05:02:44 am »

Reminds me of a joke. A horse walks into a bar and orders a drink. The bartender mixes the drink and asks the horse, "why the long face?"

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2011, 05:11:25 am »

But let me guess, what people love most about you is your modesty right?

MtD

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2011, 05:24:11 am »
The pitchforks are out folks, first round the bend is Matilda Swinton followed closely by Doxie With Moxie.  It's gonna be a close race for third!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2011, 05:29:21 am »
The pitchforks are out folks, first round the bend is Matilda Swinton followed closely by Doxie With Moxie.  It's gonna be a close race for third!

He'll be here all week folks on the persecution tour. Don't forget to tip your server.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:11:56 am by Dachshund »

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2011, 07:46:33 am »
Jesus Christ. Are you this whiny in real life?  ::)

MtD

No Matty dear -- it's just that someone else was getting the attention she craves.  So, of course, she had to jump in and redirect it her way.  then we will hear the whining about how she isn't liked.  It's tiresome, true -- but who are we to knock the needs of others.

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2011, 10:10:48 am »
Locked.

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- the ignore feature will be reinstated when we upgrade to SMF 2.0.

Our IT guys are reluctant to do this while 2.0 is still in beta testing. We've been through a lot in these Forums over the past year -- trying to keep them safe from hackers by switching to a third-party server and then switching again (at quadruple the hosting costs) when technical problems kept arising -- and, at this stage of the game, I need to pick and choose my fights wisely.

Tim

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.