Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

1st-time on meds and Xtremely de-moralized

<< < (2/2)

gay4kink:
As already stated, please talk this over with your doc, before you make any changes.  I'll admit that I am one of the lucky ones with really no side effect when I started Atripla about 4 weeks ago.  However, from what I do know from people who have had difficulties there are things you can do to manage them, and they typically dissapear.

Also, avoid taking Atripla with food.  Ideally, take it at night before you go to bed on an empty stomach.  You didn't mention how you were taking it so just a simple change of when/how you take that one pill a day could have a big impact.

I hope Atripla works out for you, but if not, discussing it with your doc first before making a change is really the best thing to do.  Call him, if you haven't already.

aztecan:
Hey Matthew,
As the others have said, please call your doc and let him know what's going on.

I've been on meds since 96 and, like Christine, had a brush with Invirase, although back then it was called Saquinovir. YIKES!

I switched because I simply couldn't tolerate it. But I did it by first going to my doc and telling her what was going on because I didn't want to screw up my chances of staying healthy.

As for 1,100mgs being a toxic dose of any med, I am taking 2,400mgs of one drug alone, plus two other ARVs, three medications for cholesterol, another for stomach problems, and two others to deal with breathing problems.

So, don't feel bad about 1,100mgs a day. At least you don't rattle when you walk like I do.  :D

Hang in there and let us know how things work out and you are doing.

HUGS,

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version