Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:34:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37634
  • Latest: Hope007
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 222
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 180
Total: 180

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My Books  (Read 18679 times)

Offline Suntropic98

Re: My Books
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2007, 03:47:25 pm »
Respectfully, thank you.

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2007, 04:04:34 pm »
Some women deserve a mental beat down just as some men do but nothing physical. Think total mind f*ck.

No one, absolutely no one deserves a mental beat down.

Having lived in a household where it was common for my  mom, sister and I to be put down  or told how stupid we were or how much of a fuck up we were at every opportunity I can guarantee you that the impact if far reaching.
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Basquo

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2007, 05:31:45 pm »
I have not met a man yet that wishes he was like Oprah or Martha Stewart, and they're rich.

I wish I was like Martha Stewart. Or hell, like Oprah, even. Both have been beaten down by men (in different ways) yet they are successful and respected (mostly) and hell yes, they are rich!

True, you haven't met me.  But I'm out there.

Good luck.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2007, 05:38:48 pm »

Queen-

I am not a womanizer. Its just just men are better. We're bigger, we own everything and we actually think with our heads rather than our emotions. If you believe in God (I'm agnostic) then we came first, women were made from us not to mention the fact that this nation was founded by men and our society is male dominated. So you tell me, why am I the way I am? Maybe because it is embedded in our culture just like it is in most cultures. Understand? Yet that is not to say we should not respect women, they are humans just like us. They have all the rights we have and rightfully so. Without women there would be no men. Women offer a different perspective on life than we do, thus giving us the ability to make the right and moral choices. As an african american woman you should know this, that way of thinking is far more evident than in my culture. Just look at rap videos, NBA stars, NFL players, Gangs, african-amercian fraternities, all exemplify male dominance. Are you going to tell me you don't see this? Our government, society and economy are dominated by men. So why the shock?

First off, I am not going to debate religion with you and will just say I don't follow Christianity. I am also not going to bash men which is what it seems like you are trying to get me to do. Yes, there has been men running things since way back when but not all of them have done such bang up jobs. Look at how the world is now and who is running it. Would I like to see a woman be President and run things, I will not lie, yes, I would and thinks she would do a better job than who we got now.

Second, you make it seem like women are only here to serve men....It's ok to walk beside me but don't speak unless spoken to. Or we are here only to be pregnant and just for a good fuck. It's ok to for women to make money that way they can't ask for any from men. Are you looking around you, women are making money and doing damn good. And about Oprah, shit, you mean to say men wouldn't want to be her, maybe not but they would love to have what she has. I noticed Steadman ain't went no where..

For the record since you act like you seem to know me, I am 1/2 African American and 1/2 Puerto Rican, I don't claim just one heritage I claim both. I really don't follow your point when it comes to rap videos, there are female rappers out there just like men. And if you are speaking on terms of lyrics, female rappers can be just as talented and raw as the men so like I said, I don't see your point. And a lot of the female rappers that are out today wouldn't have even been noticed if it wasn't for the female pioneers like MC Lyte, Queen Latifah, and Salt -n- Pepa And to take it even further, they wouldn't have been who they were if not for women like Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross, and Billie Holiday. Women were making progress even way back then and they were all black women since you want to take it there...And for all the other things you mentioned, there are female versions of them and some more popular than the males.

What amazes me is your thinking, it is outdated. And now that you have explained it, I feel like the women in your life are victims. You think women deserve a mental beat down?!!! And you pick your victims well. The ones you choose to lie down with, you make sure they are well intoxicated to the point that they don't remember much or the ones who are already emotional broken down that the only way they feel they are liked is if they are sucking your dick....Your precious Blowjob Ninjas...
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2007, 05:44:54 pm »
"The original conversation was between me and Queen who accused me as a womanizer.'

And I still stand by what I said and you are the worse kind of abuser. The kind that doesn't leave any marks, physical ones but mental ones since they can't be seen right away or by the time they are seen it is too late, the damage has been done...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 06:12:48 pm by Queen Akasha »
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2007, 09:42:47 pm »
I just want to say that it's powerful to read the life wisdom, pain, sadness and unwillingness to accept abuse that's  blazingly clear in what you've written, Queen.

My respect,
Andy Velez

Offline Jody

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2007, 10:12:49 pm »
 All of the world's major religions were invented by men, hence the (ancient Jewish) philosophy that "man was made in the image of God and woman from man") - Eve from the rib of Adam - is male invented and male dominated thinking to keep males in power. Science and evolution were taboo.

In the old days women were indeed worshiped as Godesses but humans were robbed of these gifts especially at the onset of Christianity as it was in man's best interest to denigrate women as being lesser than and not equal to men...Women were burned as witches for providing society with such gifts as herbal remedies, midwife procedures to aid in child-birth and rational thought to make people healthier, happier and more whole...The male dominated religions insisted only in a belief structure such as faith in the Lord Christ only and all else is evil, blasphemous and deserving of an awful death and they and their followers over the centuries were responsible for torturing and killing millions of innocents in the name of the God they so cunningly created, largely as a way of keeping power and maintaining wealth it created.

Jody  :'(
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2007, 12:54:35 am »
I just want to say that it's powerful to read the life wisdom, pain, sadness and unwillingness to accept abuse that's  blazingly clear in what you've written, Queen.

My respect,

If you are asking have I experienced abuse first hand, the answer would be yes, both physical and mental. Some women never recover from what their abusers did to them. I still have some of the scars, more mental I guess than physical  and one thing I swore to myself is that I would never be anyone's victim again.

Modified to remove a line after reading Andy's post over again...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 01:12:49 am by Queen Akasha »
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2007, 02:19:01 am »
In our history as a species the greatest crime that has ever been committed is not racism or homophobia, but sexism. It beggars belief that women (who make up just over half of the human race) can still be treated with cavalier disrespect and rendered as nothing more than mindless cock-sockets by foolish males.

This thread and several others have been despicable. Not just because of the increasingly vile comments of Suntropic98, but the because of the silence of the rest of us in response to what he's said.

Save for Queen Akasha. Her Majesty was never silent.

Sure a number of us would burr up occasionally, but none of us ever, really took him on, except for Akasha who argued the case of women, sometimes when her own membership here was in peril. She was consistent, dogged and remorseless in her campaign to rebut his lies about women. And she has been proven right.

She sets an example for all of us, should we be wise enough to learn from it.

Yes Suntropic98 should have been banned, but not because he quibbled with the decisions of one or two of our overworked Moderators. He should have been banned for the stunning degree of sexism that he displayed in almost every post he made here.

And yes I know that grave dancing is a bannable offence, but what the fuck? The Queen opened herself to considerable risk of being banned for combating Sunny's hatred of woman, I'm more than happy to do the same in singing her praises.

With respect,

MtD

Offline bryonut

• I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive!
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2007, 03:17:03 am »
G-d Save the Queen!
 ;D

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2007, 03:19:18 am »
Thank you, Matty. I appreciate your words. They mean the world to me. I tried my best to try to understand where Sun was coming from but to me, the only thing that spewed from his mouth was ignorance. It was like he thrived off of starting some type of controversy. Because of the abuse that I dealt with in the past, I will admit that I did take it personal.

I tried to keep it on point but lost it. I did know that I could very well be given a time out but in the same token I am glad I was allowed to be heard. And it was appreciated more because none of you knew the abuse I had to endure. It also showed me that I still have some personal issues that I need to deal with. But more importantly if there is anyone on these forums dealing with abuse that they don't have to put up with it and that they don't have to continue being a victim.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2007, 04:48:44 am »
I tried to keep it on point but lost it. I did know that I could very well be given a time out but in the same token I am glad I was allowed to be heard.

TY Queen, I salute you. I for one have taken the extensive & repeated mod warnings, in this and the other thread very seriously like the meek woman that I am  ::)

Your comments were spot-on. He is such a classic woman hater. There are so many guys like him where I am from. Just 2 days ago, two 13 year old boys raped a 12 year old girl they drugged with vodka and rohipnol, but they claim that the girl "arrived drunk" (she was found naked and unconscious by one of the boys fathers in the morning; it took more than a day to revive her). Even the former president is a serial sex offender. Seriously.

And to the OP: you could probably really benefit from regular doses of Lithium. How many books did you write this week on topics no one knows a thing about but yourself (who said prophet?)? And how much money did you spend? Do you often go around in limos?

"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.