Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:37:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 211
Total: 211

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Once-daily Lexiva w/low-dose Norvir  (Read 4058 times)

Offline richie

Once-daily Lexiva w/low-dose Norvir
« on: November 21, 2006, 10:33:47 pm »
Just returned from a quarterly checkup, and the Doc suggested a change to my regimen to fine-tune (eliminate) more side affects.  I started lexiva 700 w/norvir 100 twice daily (+ once-daily truvada)  a few years ago.  I switched a year ago to once-daily, 1400/200.  Very nice.  Good results.  We want to fine-tune to 1400/100, to reduce side effects of norvir (headaches, diarhea, etc.).  I only found one article about Glaxo investigating this option with some success from a small cohort:

http://www.catie.ca/tu.nsf/df739470490ae50d8525717f0061769d/345e7441be944c7d852571c70072d3d0!OpenDocument

Anyone else tried this w/success?  I am non-detectable, 100% compliant, 600T, very stable.  I trust my doc's experience (he treats over 500 HIV patients), but I do my research nonetheless.

Thanks for any feedback from anyone who's tried this.

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
Re: Once-daily Lexiva w/low-dose Norvir
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 11:55:51 am »
Hello
I not done this dosing myself, but…there was a small study, presented at 2004’s icaac, by P.Ruane, which adds support to the use of the lower norvir booster dose - both interms of side effect reduction & ability to achieve drug levels

Last bit, from the abstract:

“Mean increases in triglycerides were lower (39 vs 61 mg/dL) and gastrointestinal AEs were less frequent with FPV/r100 than FPV/r200.
Conclusions: FPV/r100 provided tolerability advantages compared to FPV/r200 and achieved equivalent plasma APV AUCτ,ss and Cmax,ss. Although plasma APV Cτ,ss was 38% lower for FPV/r100, it remained 5.9-fold higher than the 0.146 μg/mL protein-binding adjusted IC50 for wild type virus and was also 2.5-fold higher than the reported Cτ,ss for unboosted FPV 1400mg BID, which is approved in the US for use in PI-naïve adults. Further HIV clinical studies are warranted to explore the potential advantages of using FPV/r100.”

You can see the whole thing by going
here

& putting “Ruane” into the upper left search box. If you do change the dosage, you can use therapeutic drug monitoring to check the lexiva levels.

kate

Offline richie

Re: Once-daily Lexiva w/low-dose Norvir
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 08:37:51 am »
GREAT FIND -- just what I was looking for (but didn't find through searching the net).  Thanks VERY much.  Looks like my Doc is up on his research.

;D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.