Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:41:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 517
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 510
Total: 510

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: future meds development  (Read 9689 times)

Offline DANIELtakashi

future meds development
« on: April 14, 2015, 08:24:35 pm »
Hi.
Could anybody tell me about the prospect of meds several in the next few years, five years, and ten years?  Will we be astep closer to a cure?   Thank you.
Japanese National.
Language:  Japanese and English

Offline zach

Re: future meds development
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 09:17:00 pm »
cure? you mean like for us?

i don't expect to be cured

my hope is, that the virus is stopped, i hope for the day there will be no new infections... if i see that day, that's enough for me

we can already live a full life with this virus, let us live out our natural span, then as we die off, so dies the virus

meds are making leaps and bounds. what i do expect, some sort of monthly injection, no more pills everyday

i let go of hoping to be cured, it was too much to dwell on

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 08:00:23 am »
Thank you, zach.
Wish you were still in NARITA.
By the way,  there was an accident at HIROSHIMA airport yesterday.
ASIANA from INCHON  SEOUL .
Japanese National.

Offline zach

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 08:42:18 am »
heard about that, aircraft skid off the runway... thrill ride, good times

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 08:58:37 am »
Hi.
Could anybody tell me about the prospect of meds several in the next few years, five years, and ten years?  Will we be astep closer to a cure?   Thank you.

Tteatment will continue to be refined.

I think a cure will come as a surprise - hard to predict, when, where, by whom, or if ever. Like a surprise birthday party. Don't count on it, but it is nice when it happens.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 09:04:16 am »
Thank you, mecch.
I am anxiously waiting for an even refined way to treat.
Japanese National.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 04:41:56 pm »
If you don't have issues with your current treatment, then it might be a good idea to let this rest and occupy your beautiful mind with pleasures and projects that are concrete and available.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 04:49:34 pm »
I remember from oh about 1986 to 1996 anxiously waiting for some med development. Don't mind waiting so much anymore.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 05:19:05 pm »

I am anxiously waiting for an even refined way to treat.

Anxiously waiting?  Stop that.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline initforlife

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 09:26:59 pm »
I don't see a cure in my life time nor do I worry about it. What I want more then anything is for the stigma of having HIV to go away and for more people to learn how it's transmitted and not be fearful of people who are poz..
sometimes it is best to say nothing at all. then to offend

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 09:20:01 am »
I don't see a cure in my life time nor do I worry about it. What I want more then anything is for the stigma of having HIV to go away and for more people to learn how it's transmitted and not be fearful of people who are poz..

I agree with this and feel the same way . One of the things we should all do as people living with HIV is rid ourselves of any internal stigma we may have in us, until we do that first step ridding the world of stigma is a fools errand . I have made some family and friends uncomfortable with my willingness to disclose and talk about HIV but my no shame in my game approach to living with HIV has wore off on others around me and my status is just as fair game to discuss as aunt Lucy's gallbladder now .

I know initforlife has made huge progress with coming to terms with her infection and I bet its been as liberating for her as it has for me . DANIELtakashi, I am not saying you have to tell the world you have HIV but I will go as far to say that part of learning to live a good life with HIV is getting to the point where if the world did know you are positive it would not be the end of that world .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 08:28:25 am »
Thank you, everyone.
Japanese National.

Offline MitchMiller

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 10:16:00 pm »
I expect a cure or a therapeutic vaccine to be a reality in about ten to fifteen years.  We'll most likely have a preventative vaccine before then.

With improvements in technology, medicine is emerging from the age of trial and error, giving birth to engineered treatment.  For some people, some types of cancer are today being cured.  Some of these treatments would have been impossible to engineer a few years ago, but new technology has made them possible (CAR-TCell immunotherapy).

Offline SteveS

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 12:53:50 am »
For what it's worth, my HIV doc expresses strong optimism for a functional cure within 10 years. Of course he says nothing is for certain, but he has been in the field a long time and feels that there is an acceleration of understanding which will lead to a functional cure.

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 02:38:51 am »
Hi.
Could anybody tell me about the prospect of meds several in the next few years, five years, and ten years?  Will we be a step closer to a cure?   Thank you.
MOSHI MOSHI Daniel  :)

It seems to be a good idea to keep the hope for a cure in perspective.. As long as our meds are working and keeping us alive where we can live a good quality life is reason to be grateful.. But I do understand your question and believe that hiv treatment will get even better, maybe an injection once a month or four times a year, wouldn't that be awesome not having to worry about bringing your meds on a trip to another country or on a camping trip.. But it would really be just a convenience.

And maybe a cure within a decade as Steves doc says might be possible but I can only imagine that it may be quite expensive like the hep c treatment.

I did find this article I wanted to share on the subject..http://www.medpagetoday.com/HIVAIDS/HIVAIDS/51049

Here's how I see it, theres some very smart people looking for a cure and someday they WILL find it.. Meanwhile the clock is ticking and time waits for no one..できるあいだに人生を楽しみなさい.   :)

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2015, 02:46:18 am »
I believe there will be a cure in our day.  Whether it be a functional cure or an eradication of the HIV from our bodies.  It seems there are so many different approaches and then evolutions of current studies that it's bound to happen.  Lets just say, if not, there will be some great next gen meds that will make life easier for us. 

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2015, 02:54:35 am »
Thanks for your comments, everyone.
Arigato.
Japanese National.

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 07:37:26 am »
Hi and thanks to everyone again.

Was delighted yo hear JAPANESE,  ALMOST two.
Japanese National.

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 07:44:00 am »
Correction.

Was delighted to. .
Japanese National.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.