Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:46:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37639
  • Latest: Glassxj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773168
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 216
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 194
Total: 194

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Name that Tune  (Read 4682 times)

Offline Oceanbeach

Name that Tune
« on: June 29, 2009, 12:03:22 am »
I can usually name that tune in 3 bars but today, I went to Rainbow Cattle Company and the Triple R Resort and I am stuck on some lyrics.  Here is what I remember... female vocalist, probably 70's rock but maybe jazz or blues. she sings, "as long as I've been movin, I wanted a place to stay."  Does anyone know this song?   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Oceanbeach

Re: Name that Tune
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 08:09:51 pm »
I just felt like singing and still can't remember the lyrics.  Google is my friend and this is the only search item found and from June 09.  The Triple R Resort closed this year and has a great big FOR SALE sign.  IF the song remains the same, I better name that tune in another bar or find another song.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 07:20:58 pm »
This is a game I'm usually pretty good at but the time period and type of music aren't really my forte.  Especially since you're not sure if the lyrics are exact.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 07:34:54 pm »
This is a game I'm usually pretty good at but the time period and type of music aren't really my forte.  Especially since you're not sure if the lyrics are exact.

I thought you had the world's greatest photographic memory?

MtD

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 07:53:24 pm »
any more thots on any more lyrics?
I spent an hr when you first posted googling all sorts of spellings, phrases, etc of those phrases and found nada.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 07:57:47 pm »
Kept searching for Bonnie Bramlett, Linda Ronstadt, Nicolette Larson, Bonnie Raitt a sultry voice, probably of the 1970's.  There is a lyric that goes;

"I just spent last night in the (somewhere) county jail, wooo,(another lyric, I can't remember)  As long as I've been movin, I've wanted a place to stay, wooo"  I coulda sworn that song was on a tape in the whale gusher.  The Whale Gusher was a 1992 or 3 convertible, named after a bilge pump for the shitter in a sail boat and I have wanted to hear this song again since June 09   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 12:22:07 pm »
Well done!

I think there's an app for that. You whistle or sing into your iPhone and it tells you what song it is. Or rather, what it thinks it is... if I could only remember its name.  :)
"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 01:43:15 pm »
I thought you had the world's greatest photographic memory?

MtD

I thought you had a life that didn't concern me, but apparently I too was wrong.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 04:53:38 am »
I thought you had a life that didn't concern me, but apparently I too was wrong.

Tut tut, so touchy.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 05:00:20 am »
Tut tut, so touchy.

Unnecessary comments abound today it seems.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 02:43:03 pm »
Well done!

I think there's an app for that. You whistle or sing into your iPhone and it tells you what song it is. Or rather, what it thinks it is... if I could only remember its name.  :)

the little pocket phone that came free with the contract doesn't do anything.  Does anyone have an iPhone? or a neighborhood karaoke bar?   ;D Have the best day
Michael

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 03:47:42 am »

Heh. You never fail to take teh bait. :)

MtD

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 01:49:58 am »
Heh. You never fail to take teh bait. :)

MtD

When something is aimed at me directly I do respond, yes.  I'm not sure why you find this so surprising.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 02:24:42 am »
When something is aimed at me directly I do respond, yes.  I'm not sure why you find this so surprising.

Not surprising you feisty little minx, just amusing. :-*

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.