Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:43:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 607
Total: 609

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Client Advisory Board  (Read 4859 times)

Offline 100proofBrandy

Client Advisory Board
« on: August 02, 2008, 02:47:43 pm »
on July 30 I got an email inviting me to serve on the Client Advisory Board at my hospital it meets once a month to advise staff on issues most important to clients.  The goal is to make clinic more user friendly for clients of all backgrounds. I'm a mentor at the hospital for newly diagnosed women. whats wild is I was shocked about it, I was jazzed now that its had time to sink in I wonder how I am going to contribute to it. the only thing I know that I want to see about is getting a hiv woman's support group going there seems to be gay men supports groups and a mixed group but no women's group so besides that what input do I have. this is the kind of thing Ive been going to school for to make a difference now that I have a chance IM SCARED. I have never done anything like this. I know its not a government board for funding or anything but its a big thing to me and important. Ive been a screw up all my life I'm just now these last few years getting my stuff together, I know I'm just nervous and once I go to a meeting I'm sure I'll get into the swing of thing's I hope! I just needed to vent
thanks Brandy
The person you educate today maybe the one you save tomorrow :)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Client Advisory Board
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 12:56:17 pm »
Relax, Brandy.  I'm sure you'll be just fine.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline bear60

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 02:54:27 pm »
Give 'em hell Brandy.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 03:06:00 pm »
Dear Brandy,

Several years ago, I was invited to meet with the first Advisory Board in our community.  Not the community I have lived in for the past few years, but it was the first Community Advisory Board in that community.  There were almost 30 people living with HIV in attendance, I was elected Chair.

We started out as Client Advisory Board but became Community Advisory Board.  Each month we met at the conference room of our health care provider, discussed an issue and had lunch.  I wrote an article each month in our ASO Newsletter.

The healthcare provider is required to hold these meetings and suggestions on the focus of these meetings are made but if the members do not do anything, nothing happens except, the next month meeting will be scheduled.  The Health care provider organization is required to have these meetings available to client/patients living with HIV because they receive RWCA funding.

In our community, Staff did not really want to be involved but they are required and they are paid.  It was their job to be there and the Vice President of Case Management preferred we eat out free lunch, get our HIV gas vouchers and come back next month.  It was kind of fun watching that Vice President of Case Management squirm in her chair as I presented ideas which provided actions in the community.

Don't be nervous, just go have some fun, get to know everyone and do some things which benefit the client/patients.   Since my Chair days and that community are in the past, I moved and became more involved in the Commission on AIDS, six of their subcommittees and their task forces, I was on the funding committee before losing our funding.  My Doctor said I did more than my fair share, I should stop and let others be the voice and I should have some fun  ;D  Have the best day
Michael
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 03:08:34 pm by Sonomabeach »

Offline Smoothstone

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 01:47:32 am »
Making a difference as an initiator of new or change in services or  as an ally to other initiators. Your participation and contributions will make change more likely. Sometimes you will initiate. Other times, just as importantly, you can support the ideas of other community members. There have been so many times when an idea or need is  presented, and no one chimes in supportively. It dies from lack of support. Other initiators will get momentum when you support them. Hopefully, they will in turn support your ideas. Give support, get support. Hope you give it a go. Many services and styles of service were generated by PWAs. Thanks. Hank

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.