Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:12:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 347
Total: 348

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What I Watched On TV In Florida  (Read 4356 times)

Offline tednlou2

What I Watched On TV In Florida
« on: January 07, 2011, 12:54:32 am »
During my vacation here in the Ft Myers, FL area, I've found a new TV show that I love.  It is called "Steve And Chris".  My gaydar went off right away.  They do a talk show that deals mostly with home decor, style, and talk.  After hearing how they said the word, "about", I thought they were from Canada.  They are an openly gay couple who host a TV talk show together from Canada.  It is being syndicated in 50 markets, so far, here in the States.  They are so funny and I hope the show comes to Louisville.  In the meantime, you can watch segments on their website.  This area is fairly conservative with many older folks who retire here, so I'm a little surprised the show is being shown here. 

http://www.cbc.ca/stevenandchris/

The other interesting thing is the infamous cockroach weatherman is the chief meterologist at a TV station out of Sarasota.  The station is an all news station and isn't affiliated with a network.  I've enjoyed watching his forecasts.  I was hoping for another bug invasion, but it hasn't happened yet.  There is also a gay news anchor who works for WINK-TV out of Ft. Myers.  I have been very surprised by all the gays when the cable network here puts MSNBC in a higher tier, so you can't see it on basic cable.  I guess it is just too liberal for them. 

As a reminder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYXXYJ4sJVo

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
Re: What I Watched On TV In Florida
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 12:59:52 am »
Did you see anything while you were down here on poor Betsie Gallardo (the young HIV poz girl who was sent to jail for spitting on a cop, and who is dying in prison)?  It is heartbreaking.  I meant to share the story on a separate topic, but I didn't want it to turn into another debate about the criminalization of our virus. 
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 01:03:05 am »

You're a little more than an hour away from me.  Every once in a while my wife and I  stay over at the Ship Wreck Hotel for a weekend.  Are you on the beach?

Did you see anything while you were down here on poor Betsie Gallardo (the young HIV poz girl who was sent to jail for spitting on a cop, and who is dying in prison)?  It is heartbreaking.  I meant to share the story on a separate topic, but I didn't want it to turn into another debate about the criminalization of our virus. 

Where is this happening Rev?  There has been nothing on the news here....
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 01:04:15 am »
Did you see anything while you were down here on poor Betsie Gallardo (the young HIV poz girl who was sent to jail for spitting on a cop, and who is dying in prison)?  It is heartbreaking.  I meant to share the story on a separate topic, but I didn't want it to turn into another debate about the criminalization of our virus.  

Good lord, give Betsie her own thread. We need to debate criminalisation. It should be abolished and I can't help but get irate when some idiot in the Am I forum threatens to prosecute. Colour me pissed off.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 01:05:46 am »
http://www.postchronicle.com/news/breakingnews/article_212341824.shtml

Florida Paroles Terminally Ill Inmate Betsie Gallardo Who Bit Deputy

A terminally ill Florida woman born with HIV will be released from prison, where she was serving a five-year sentence for biting a sheriff's deputy, the Florida Parole Commission voted on Wednesday.

By a 2-1 vote, the commission voted to grant a medical release to Betsie Gallardo, 27, who was diagnosed earlier this year with end-stage cancer and is expected to live only a few more months.

Gallardo's mother, Jessica Bussert, has been trying to gain release for the Haitian-born daughter she adopted 17 years ago, since Gallardo was diagnosed with gall bladder cancer that had spread to her liver, ovaries and other organs.

Bussert, a firefighter from Lafayette, Indiana, asked commissioners to show compassion by allowing her to take her daughter home. Unable to grant an unconditional release, the commission instead will allow Gallardo to be released to a Miami hospice while seeking approval by Indiana correction officials to return.

"Quite frankly, my daughter should have received a harsh punishment. That is not in question," Bussert said after the hearing. "The question is should it have been a life sentence and I don't believe it should. I'm just asking for a few weeks to be with her. I want her last days to be around those who love her."....

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 01:07:45 am »

That's a shame. The Miami News were showing frequent updates, asking people to voice their disgust.  She has been finally given a conditional release.  Here's a linkie:

http://floridaindependent.com/tag/betsie-gallardo

I believe they also have something on her at tehbahdy.com
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 01:09:57 am »

Florida Paroles Terminally Ill Inmate Betsie Gallardo Who Bit Deputy

All the other reports I've read said she SPIT on a law enforcement agent. Either way, that's NOT how hiv is transmitted.

THIS DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD!!!
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 01:12:56 am »
All the other reports I've read said she SPIT on a law enforcement agent. Either way, that's NOT how hiv is transmitted.

THIS DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD!!!

Ok. I'll start one.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 02:17:20 am »

You're a little more than an hour away from me.  Every once in a while my wife and I  stay over at the Ship Wreck Hotel for a weekend.  Are you on the beach?

My partner's family have a home in the Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte area.  Ft. Myers isn't very far.  Venice and Sarasota aren't far either.  Miami wasn't that far a drive.  We wanted to do Key West, but that is like 3 hours from Miami, so we'll do it next time.  Where are you?

About the awful story regarding Betsie, I have seen some coverage, but not the amount it deserves.  They've covered the story of the homeless man with the radio announcer voice non-stop it seems.  Their priorities are always misplaced in TV news it seems. 

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 09:45:30 am »
omg, you went to MIA and didn't call Rev. Moon for a soiree at Score to do Latino Night with bartender Roberto?  Shady!
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 04:55:49 pm »
omg, you went to MIA and didn't call Rev. Moon for a soiree at Score to do Latino Night with bartender Roberto?  Shady!

I am SRSLY heartbroken Tedderz.  You could have met with me and Philomena from FTL for tea and crumpets.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 02:04:56 am »
I am SRSLY heartbroken Tedderz.  You could have met with me and Philomena from FTL for tea and crumpets.

Isn't there a nude beach there?  You could have taken me there.  I'd probably been mistaken for a beached whale.  I've eaten way too much.  This is a good reminder to check with people here when traveling.  It would be nice to meet up with my AIDSMEDS peeps.  I'm not sure you'd find my company all that exciting.  There are a few people here who live in Florida. 

Miss P, when I make it to Philly, I'm looking you up.  You can show me the crack in your Liberty Bell.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 02:11:37 am »
  Where are you?

Lake Placid area, about 45 minutes from where you were.   
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.