Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 01, 2024, 09:53:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772995
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 232
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 180
Total: 181

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Please help me guys. I am going through a hell.  (Read 4954 times)

Offline verystressed

• Standard
Please help me guys. I am going through a hell.
« on: February 25, 2012, 10:06:35 am »
Hi all. i appreciate your efforts in helping me and assessing my risk.
I visited a brothel (HIV is widespread there, later i came to know) on 22 Jan,2012.
It was my first sexual experience. I regret why i visited that place.

Possible exposures on that dreadful night:

1) She put on 2 condoms on my penis. I penetrated her. just after two gentle strokes, she stopped me and warned me that condom may have got blown off. I pulled out and was checking if it was damaged or not. I don't know what came to my mind and i touched my penis(condoms were still on) with my left hand's index finger. i found upper condom was little torn out. She uncovered my penis then. As she uncovered it, i ejaculated. My foolishness it was that while ejaculating i  was holding my penis with my left hand. that index finger was very near to the urethra. the gap between touching the penis and ejaculation was 1 minute.
PLEASE tell what RISK is involved in this incident.

2) then we started kissing each other. Kisses were quite deep. i did not have any cut in my mouth. however, after kissing, i saw one cut on her lower lip, it was not bleeding neither i saw any blood there. But it was little itchy for her.
After that she did bite my lower lip very hard. Could that bite induce any cut in my mouth ? I am now scared that I may have caught HIV from her( In case she has) .

SYMPTOMS:
the very next day i had low grade fever and fatigue in my legs. it continued for 20 or so days. I took medicines but it did not go away. It could have been caused by the amount of stress i am having. then on 15 feb, i noticed two ulcers in my mouth( very painful). they went away after 5 days. There has been no other symptom. But fever + fatigue has been killing me since the day i had the exposure.  I AM very SCARED. i cant focus on my job. all the time i thinking that i have got the virus from her. I am very-very Stressed. Going through hell.
Please help me. I have no one to share this incident but you. HELP ME please.

P.S. pardon me for my poor english.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Please help me guys. I am going through a hell.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 10:25:15 am »
OK, right off I will tell you that you are worrying needlessly. The most important fact in your story is that you had a condom on during intercourse. Sexually the only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. As long as you always use condoms for those activities you will be well protected.

However you should only use one condom. Doubling them can actually cause them to rupture. But if that had happened you would have known it because the whole thing goes and ends up looking like a hoop with fringe on your penis.

Nothing else you reported including touching your uretha with vaginal fluid, etc., none of that was a risk.

You're good to go this time. Take a breath, get on with your life and make sure to use the condom everytime for intercourse. There's no need for testing. Any symptoms you may have do not have anything to do with HIV. Discuss them with your doctor if they persist. 
Andy Velez

Offline verystressed

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 10:56:33 am »
Thanks Andy for your kind reply.
Was there no risk at all in the kissing ( what if there was a little blood on her lip that  went unnoticed by me) ?
Also, what if my finger had her vaginal fluids ? can HIV live outside for 1 minute ?

last question, when should i go for testing ? I don't think i can wait for 3 months to over as stress would kill me by then.

Please answer. i would not disturb you again n again with my silly questions.
Thanks.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 11:15:58 am »
I don't know how much clearly I can say YOU WERE NOT AT RISK.

Stop with the drama. If you had a real risk then a negative at 6 weeks would be a very strong indication that you would continue to test negative at 3 months. But you didn't have a risk so getting tested is strictly for your peace of mind.

No matter when you do it I don't see any reason to expect anything other than a negative result.
Andy Velez

Offline verystressed

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 02:07:45 pm »
Thanks andy.
Sorry if i annoyed you.
I will post my test's result here, the day i get done with those.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 02:14:18 pm »
OK. I expect only negative results.
Andy Velez

Offline verystressed

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 08:12:15 am »
Hi,

I am having mild fever + fatigue in my arms + swollen armpit's muscles(not painful though)  + many-many red dots on my palms, since past two days.
I am all worried again. I dont even have the guts to go n take the test.
these symptoms making me believe that i have HIV.
I have no idea about my future :'(

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 08:16:01 am »
Has nothing to do with HIV, you never had an exposure.

Offline verystressed

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 08:20:51 am »
Mr. Rapid rod, i agree that i never had real exposures.
But these similar symptoms have hit me twice in patches.
these symptoms never happened to me in past few years and now suddenly twice in a month. this thing is making me loose my head. I have not caught any cold that i am sure of.
then why these symptoms.

i hope everything goes fine. Thanks for the reply though.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 08:23:46 am »
Mr. Rapid rod, i agree that i never had real exposures.
But these similar symptoms have hit me twice in patches.
these symptoms never happened to me in past few years and now suddenly twice in a month. this thing is making me loose my head. I have not caught any cold that i am sure of.
then why these symptoms.

i hope everything goes fine. Thanks for the reply though.
If you are concerned about your symptoms see a doctor.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 08:35:56 am »
In addition to the basic fact that you did not have a risk for HIV, ARS symptoms do not come and go and come again. If they appear at all it is a single time for about two weeks and then they are gone.

Whatever is going on with your symptomatically has nothing to do with HIV and you should be talking with your doctor instead of returning here. There is nothing more we can help you with about this matter because it's not about HIV. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline verystressed

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 08:40:44 am »
Thank you both for the info.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 08:43:13 am »
You're welcome. Now get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 12:06:42 pm »
Stressed,

You sent me a PM about your NO RISK situation. I have nothing further to add to the replies you have already had.

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Do NOT use Private Messages to question other members about any transmission, testing or symptom issues. These issues must be discussed in the public forum. Misuse of the PM function in this manner will result in your PM privileges being removed without warning.

I have removed your PM privileges.

I suggest you re-read the replies you have had until it sinks in that you have NOT had a risk. If you cannot bring yourself to believe us when we say you had no risk, go test, collect your negative result and get on with your life.

You will not be permitted to use this forum to wring your hands over your NO RISK situation.

Again, if you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline verystressed

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 02:51:35 am »
Hi all,

I went through an antibodies test after the 7 weeks mark. It has come back as Non-Reactive.
Details are:
                                              SEROLOGY
HIV ANTIBODIES, SERUM
HIV-1 ANTIBODIES                NON-REACTIVE               
HIV-2 ANTIBODIES                NON-REACTIVE

Test Method(s)
HIV ANTIBODIES, SERUM-Enzyme Immunoassay (RAPID).

Any comments from the experts? Should i go for it again after 12 weeks mark?
P.S thanks for the help.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 03:08:38 am »
Hi all,

I went through an antibodies test after the 7 weeks mark. It has come back as Non-Reactive.
Details are:
                                              SEROLOGY
HIV ANTIBODIES, SERUM
HIV-1 ANTIBODIES                NON-REACTIVE               
HIV-2 ANTIBODIES                NON-REACTIVE

Test Method(s)
HIV ANTIBODIES, SERUM-Enzyme Immunoassay (RAPID).

Any comments from the experts? Should i go for it again after 12 weeks mark?
P.S thanks for the help.

Yes. You are HIV negative. You were NOT AT RISK in the first place, so it should come as no surprise that your test results reflect this.

You do not need to be tested again, you are CONCLUSIVELY HIV negative.

Since you seem to be unable to accept our advice, I am reporting your latest post to the moderators for review.

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.