Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 07:10:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 189
Total: 189

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: A LIL Concerned about this??????  (Read 7417 times)

Offline markie2002

A LIL Concerned about this??????
« on: November 01, 2007, 06:21:29 am »
Helo everybody i just wanna narrate my incident so that i can get some advise.....about 24 Hours ago i visited an upmarket relaxation clinic.....anyways i settled for a massage, so i was taken upto this really cool cabin which had music...it realy looked like a 5 star place & that's the reason i decided to try it...

The massuese gave me a a full Body relaxation....rubbing massage oils & creams all over...this followed a very professional handjob on a special request....till i climaxed.....There was no sex of any kind & the girl even informed me that it's only a massage clinic & they don't involve  in any other forms of services......which comforted me!!!

My worries were that when the massage was on she was speaking to me & intermittently would crack jokes & laugh....which resulted in some of her saliva getting sprayed on various parts of my Body...& also near my right hand which had a cut that was healing...it's not an open cut, but it's just healing...the cut has healed & the scab fallen off, but the region  has that lighter pink color to the skin...you know how it is when a small cut is healing!!!

Also there would certainly have been some saliva that sprayed on the head of my exposed penis......

I really wanted to figure out whether any HIV or StD transmission can or has occured this way.....& is saliva infectious????.....there weren't any signs of Blood, or cuts in her saliva or her hands....she was infact a very well groomed masseuse.....

I'm not pulling my hairs out over this incident...but a piece of advise from you guys will comfort me???? has HIV transmission ever occured through saliva????

I've been feeling a lil dizzy today & could it be a worrying symptom????? Also had a rare attack of loose bowel & chest pain.....so i'm a lil concerned!!!

Now i don't mean to stretch my questions but just needed a couple of clarifications :

1.I've read that saliva is not infectious, but is that with regards to lets say receiving an unprotected Oral, or is it also the case if saliva (if HIV infected) comes in contact with a cut or a bruise on the Body....???

2. I've had this habit in the past (which i'm trying to quit now) where i used to share cigarretes with friends & sometimes at bars/clubs with others as well.....& when you do, there's a chance where their saliva on the tip of the cigarettes comes in contact with ours & there have been days because of my smoking that i've had ulcers in the mouth, or some cuts maybe.....would you think this would pose a risk of infection??? I also happened to share a cigarette with this massuese..... & felt her saliva on my lips & tongue on the tip of the cigarrette when i smoked it.....

3. Also finally with regards to this experience....any risk of any other STI's????

« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 06:26:49 am by markie2002 »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: A LIL Concerned about this??????
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 06:25:29 am »
My worries were that when the massage was on she was speaking to me & intermittently would crack jokes & laugh....which resulted in some of her saliva getting sprayed on various parts of my Body...& also near my right hand which had a cut that was healing...it's not an open cut, but it's just healing...the cut has healed & the scab fallen off, but the region  has that lighter pink color to the skin...you know how it is when a small cut is healing!!!

Markie,

You don't have to worry about HIV. Seriously. Nothing, absolutely you describe is a risk for HIV infection.

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and follow the links to our Lessons to learn more about how HIV is and is not transmitted.

MtD

Offline markie2002

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 06:30:35 am »
Thanx Matty, really means the heaven to right now to know i din have a grave risk...

Even this...
2. I've had this habit in the past (which i'm trying to quit now) where i used to share cigarretes with friends & sometimes at bars/clubs with others as well.....& when you do, there's a chance where their saliva on the tip of the cigarettes comes in contact with ours & there have been days because of my smoking that i've had ulcers in the mouth, or some cuts maybe.....would you think this would pose a risk of infection??? I also happened to share a cigarette with this massuese..... & felt her saliva on my lips & tongue on the tip of the cigarrette when i smoked it.....

Shouldn't be a major source of concern right..the fact that i felt her saliva on my lips & tongue when i smoked the Cigg???

Thanx again...

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 06:54:28 am »
Markie,

If I thought you'd been at risk, I'd tell you.

You weren't at risk, you have nothing to worry about when it comes to HIV infection.

MtD

Offline markie2002

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 09:30:14 am »
Hi EveryBody, thank you dearly for those reassuring responses.....

1. So what you're basically saying is that even if in this situation the massage provider (hypothetically speaking coz i'm not sure of her status) had HIV, there would be no way in which it could have been transmitted to me right????

2. When i entered the massage room & lied down on the massage table there was, what was a seemingly clean towel on which i lied down facing downwards. I'm sure my exposed penis would have come in contact with the towel they had placed on the table on which i lied down...it really looked a very clean towel & the kind of place it was, it didn't seem that they would reuse towels...
Now even if that towel was used for somebody just before me & had remnants of some penile fluids of somebody else would it in anyway open me upto to HIV , any other STI or any allergies?? (i.e. if it did come in contact with my exposed penis or the cut on my hand or any other nicks or cuts there may have been on my Body....I play a lot of sports so my Body is prone to some bruises here & there at times...)

This is really my last query & Please i don't mean to pester , a response would really put me back on track in Life!!! I have gone through the transmission links, but just an assurance from you guys would be really helpful to shatter the myths in my mind!!!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 09:34:48 am by markie2002 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 09:37:59 am »
OK, your mind is just running wild with a bunch of what ifs that have absolutely no basis in HIV science. Neither being masturbated, sucked, massaged, had saliva drip on you or someone else's cum on a towel or any variation of these would put you at risk for HIV transmission.

It's actually quite simple in terms of sexual risk: unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse. As long as you consistently use a latex condom for those activities  you are covered in terms of sexual risk.

You have absolutely no cause for concern about this recent incident.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline markie2002

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 09:44:23 am »
Andy thanx for that superfast reply.....Don't know why but i guess there are so many myths flying around..somebody told me sometime back that if HIV positive saliva falls or comes in contact with an exposed penis or a cut/bruise there is chance for infection.....& that's why after the massage i Freeked out...these are really myths aren't they & you wouldn't say any kinda testing is reqd after this either HIV or anything else..?

Yes i'm gonna be really careful & if ever i indulge in anal or vaginal sex, for sure i'm gonna use condoms!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 10:17:25 am »
Yah, that's just a lot of frabber jabber flying around which unfortunately scares people unnecessarily without any basis in HIV science.

Good to know you're committed to using condoms. That's one of the ways the infection rate will be lowered. Until the infection rate goes down significantly we will never get this epidemic under control.
Andy Velez

Offline markie2002

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 03:37:55 am »
I've had a few wierd symptoms for the last few days too which i guess added to my agony...Like headaches, lack of sleep & rare occurances of Loose Bowels..you wudn't read too much into this would you..with respect to HIV or some associated STI????

Even if this were ARS, which i guess it's not. coz as you've said there wasn't any risk, it wudn't happen this early right???? i.e. 6 days after the incident.....

Thanx Andy Once again for all support....The real problem is i'm here in a new country getting onto a new job in about a week will be going through various tests for my work permit & Visa , which will also include a HIV test...that's why i've been Freeking out over this incident....

So anyways you would recommend that if they did run a test it would certainly return negative....I've not had any other sexual or risky behaviors in the past year at all.....& when i tested over a year ago, i was negative!!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 03:42:04 am by markie2002 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 08:34:14 am »
The answer is still the same. You weren't at risk for HIV and should you decide to test I certainly expect you will still get a negative result.

Although we can't diagnose your symptoms here, I will say that they are ones which often occur during stressful situations. If they persist I recommend you discuss them with a doctor. There is absolutely nothing about them which in any way suggests HIV. That's not surprising of course since you weren't at risk for HIV transmission.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline markie2002

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 07:32:09 am »
Andy Thanx for all the support, More than anything this experience & the following exchanges with you have been an eye opener....& i've learnt so much more about HIV, rather than being under a consevative cloud of ignorance & half knowledge!!!

I swear to be really careful in the future with my choices & wish you & this website the best for the future!!!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 07:41:12 am by markie2002 »

Offline markie2002

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 07:54:23 am »

So Just for information sake, if saliva of an HIV infected person come in contact with an open, gaping , profusely bleeding cut would is pose a risk....Mine was a cut which was healing...(as i said the pinkish color to the skin when the cut has just healed & before skin starts to regenerate....).

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 08:40:02 am »
Markie, we don't like to deal with what ifs. I'll just say a few things about the skin. Long before a sore or a cut begins to form a scab the skin quickly develops a protective covering which is not easily visible to the naked eye.

Saliva can contain low levels of HIV but the risk in a scenario such as you describe remains theoretical rather than actual. This is your fear speaking when you come up with this kind of what if stuff. A healing cut such as you had was absolutely not a risk site for transmission even if you were with someone who was HIV+ and dripping saliva all over you.

Let it go and get on with your life is my suggestion.
Andy Velez

Offline markie2002

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 07:00:26 am »
Actually the only reason i've been stressing on this saliva issue is that i read online in some places that transmission is possible if the saliva contains microscopic amount of Blood that's present in the saliva..& may not be visible to the naked eye....in my case i din see any coloration to the saliva that was sprayed on me...that's why i was wondering whether if her saliva did contain microscopic amount of Blood microscopic amount of Blood, whether transmission would have become possible.....

Secondly just a question what's the earliest a person can test positive.....I'm not testing for HIV per se, but i'l be put thru a battery of tests the dayafter, for My Visa proceedings as i had mentioned, which will include a HIV test...Now i'm not all that freeked out after ur reassurance of me not having a risk, but just wanted to know about people who actually have a risk & are infected....how soon do they test positive...they say an average of 22 days....is it possible to test positive by 11 days.....My tests are dayafter which happens to be 11 days after the incident.......(I'mn talking in reference to regular antibody tests, since i dun have much idea about antigen or PCR testing)

Thanx for all the support again!!!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 07:24:08 am »
In fact Markie saliva contains substances which inhibit HIV. These substances render an already fragile virus unable to mount a successful infection.

MtD

Offline markie2002

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 08:37:32 am »
Thanx again for those answers......it's really good to know that saliva makes the Virus redundant.....I was really worried that i may be one of those one of cases who could get infected, because i had a cut & My Penis was exposed because anyway i had not intended to have any sex & had not used a condom to cover My Penis....

I had just developed some strange symptoms like tiredness & some itchiness as well & some whitish dryness on the skin of my hands, so i was worried...maybe all this is weather related..it's quite Hot here these days & it could be that as well....you wudn't really bother about these symptoms would you????

Thanx again for all the support!!!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 08:39:24 am by markie2002 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 08:35:37 pm »
If you are concerned about you symptoms see a dermatologist. Your symptoms are unrelated to HIV.

Offline markie2002

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 07:11:47 am »
Thanx for all the support Guys!!!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.