Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:12:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 231
Total: 231

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: TO ZEPHYR  (Read 9860 times)

Offline livingpositively

TO ZEPHYR
« on: September 11, 2006, 02:22:59 am »
Zephyr,

I have debated whether to post this here or in a PM.  I have decided that in light of the fact that you have been bashing me all over the place to other members of this forum (whether through email, phone, PM or other medium) I would post it here.

Zephyr, if you have a problem with me, have the fucking balls to approach me about it.  I seem to recall a conversation where I was told to “…keep my words impeccable.”  How about using that same line on the person in your mirror.

Yes, I know you had issue with me approaching you at the meet n greet to talk about a concern I had.  However, many of the things that I have heard you are telling other members of this forum regarding that situation are completely and absolutely false.  Keep your words impeccable.

Apparently, after you appeared on the front page of the Washington Post, I became completely unworthy of speaking to you – to the point that you spout off that I and another member of this forum are “so fucking demanding.”  When have I EVER asked you for ANYthing?  Oh, wait…that would be never.  Au contraire, it has been me that has offered you airline miles to get to NIH or Boston.

I have news for you, lady.  I am sick to fucking death of hearing about how much stress and strain you go through with these studies.  I have traveled, for the past nearly 5 years, a minimum of 50,000 miles a year.  It doesn’t take three weeks to recover from a cross-country flight.  Nobody is holding a knife to your throat forcing you to participate.  I have never done anything but applaud and appreciate your efforts, but I am sick and tired of it being thrown back in mine/our faces.  We would all be LTNPs if it was our choice.  GUESS WHAT?  It’s NOT our choice.  If it’s that much of a problem/inconvenience/burden for you to participate in these studies, then don’t.  If you continue to do so, then quit bitching.  Or maybe you can’t live, now, without the “fame” that goes with it.  Well, I for one am done bowing down and kissing your ring.

The only sadness I feel from this whole incident is that you are NOT AT ALL the person I thought you to be.  I have zero sadness about our relationship ending - clearly it wasn't much of a relationship to begin with.  I could care less if we ever speak again, but before you start/continue to slander me to other forum members, at least have the decency to tell me why you’re so “livid” with me.

I had a very wonderful time in Monreal, in spite of that Saturday night.  I refuse to let this ridiculous episode overshadow the overall experience I had there.

Shane
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 02:37:16 am by livingpositively »
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline OzPaul

• 40 year, Long Term Survivor/LTNP
Re: TO ZEPHYR
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 05:52:50 am »
Shane

I'm not sure what is going on, but really, take a step back from your anger and rage and consider the consequences of such a PUBLIC attack against one of our own.
I think that a private conversation with Zephyr might be more appropriate than bashing another Forums family member.
Maybe you can give yourself a time out.

Paul

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 10:14:21 am »
livingnegatively,

Character assassination for my 1st anniversary on AidsMeds.

What a charming gift.

Zephyr
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 05:24:50 pm »
I propose Shane and Zephie settle this via a jelly wrestling competition, webcast live over the net.

MtD

/edited for an itty bitty typo/
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 05:56:50 pm by matty.the.damned »

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 05:41:40 pm »
Shane

I'm not sure what is going on, but really, take a step back from your anger and rage and consider the consequences of such a PUBLIC attack against one of our own.
I think that a private conversation with Zephyr might be more appropriate than bashing another Forums family member.
Maybe you can give yourself a time out.

Paul

Paul,

I will make no apoligies for posting this thread here.  I would have been happy (welcomed even) to keep this between the two of us, however, the other individual too it upon herself to spin the web of duplicity and I am done with it.  If she didn't want to talk to me about it, that's fine.  I was willing to let bygones be bygones, but I am tired of continually finding out that she has spouted off about me to, yet another person.  It's now three weeks post the AMG, and I am still getting other members asking me about this incident and what happened.  DONE!!!

I refuse to sit back and allow a self-proclaimed self-righteious, pompous individual to drag me through their miry pits of evil and forked-tongueness.  The issue was already public before I posted this, just not public in the written forums.

So, thank you, Paul, for offering your thoughts.  However, I will not ime myself out for facing a public issue head on.

Regards,

Shane

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 05:42:38 pm »
That sounds interesting Matty..but a not as much fun to watch when you know who the winner is.. ;).

hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 05:45:31 pm »
I know Jan, but it would still be fun to watch.

Shane,

I refuse to sit back and allow a self-proclaimed self-righteious, pompous individual to drag me through their miry pits of evil and forked-tongueness.

This is unarmed jelly-wrestling. You'll have to leave your bible and tracts at home doll. ;)

MtD

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 06:05:56 pm »
livingnegatively,

Character assassination for my 1st anniversary on AidsMeds.

What a charming gift.

Zephyr

Oh, so now you were expecting gift(s) for making it a year on these forums?  Surely you jest, Madame.  Have you not already sucked enough out of these people - spiritually, emotionally and montarily?

Character assassination???  In order to have yur character assassinated, there would have to be character there to begin with.  Whatever character you have (or had), YOU assassinated yourself.

Livingnegatively???  Alas, even you, oh great one, do not have the power to make me negative.  And to have to resort to such a childish, petty tactic as that...pathetic, to say the least.  Just another SHOT from your weapon of self-destruction.

I am done.  I will not expend any more energy to satisfy your lecherous needs/desires.

Now be gone, before somebody drops a house on you as well.

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 06:08:16 pm »

This is unarmed jelly-wrestling. You'll have to leave your bible and tracts at home doll. ;)

MtD

Dammit, and I just had a new batch printed.  Oh well   ;)

Alas, I don't think I need them, anyway. 

Offline Teresa

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 08:28:59 pm »
I dont know whats going on between Zephyr and Shane...nor do I want to. But I see only one person doing the bashing.

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 09:50:04 pm »
you haven't been paying attention then.

Offline DancerBoy

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 12:20:34 am »
No good will come from this in a public forum.  Both of you speak privately, like adults.  Nobody needs to be involved in this drama that resulted out of inibriation and miscommunication... I told Zephy in Montreal that.
Boys are Stupid

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2006, 12:23:08 am »
In private my butt. It's out in the open now!!! Only one question remains:

Which flavour jelly? Orange or lime?

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 04:23:59 pm »
Matty, you are a potstirrer. That is not an indictment. Merely an observation. And one that makes me chuckle as I imagine you cackling with glee over the pot.

Now, please understand I have no interest in taking any sides in this particular situation. I'm more interested in other aspects of what is going on. 

Shane, your position is very clear. You were quite clear at the start. Your latest remarks are deteriorating into a fight in the sandbox. So I will just urge you to desist. Back off a bit.

There have been a number of fracases on this site which have erupted kind of like boils every once in a while, ones which have frequently  been nurtered by and underground of pms which only some members are privy too.

People are always going to gossip and chatter. My point is Shane, what does it matter? Really. So suppose you did get dissed in some PMs. Is it really that important or important at all? If you know who you are and what's true and what isn't, what does all the rest really matter? I'm saying this to you but I really am addressing everyone here. People misundertand each other all the time. They lie. They distort. Sometimes they don't even know they're doing it. So what!

I don't care if my own bad name is besmirsched. Even further. There are a couple of things I would rather not be called, and I won't mention them because someone here is sure to do it just to jive me.

What I do think matters are the feelings that people have. Which are actually not often expressed here directly. I am talking about a spectrum of feelings and not just the "I love you" stuff.

Nowhere in what you have written here Shane have you talked about feeling misunderstood and hurt. And yet I imagine -- tell me if I am wrong -- that has played a part in how angry you are. Now I have to tell you that I never like to admit when I am feeling hurt. It feels more vulnerable than I like to do that. But I do know when I get very angry sometimes it is because I am hurt.

What I am working for here is clearer communication. I am not taking a position about either of the principals and I don't have an opinion about whatever caused the original storm . I hope that is clear.

For those who read this I would really like to know whatcha think.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 04:27:05 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 06:15:34 pm »
Thanks for your thoughts, Andy

:)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 06:18:29 pm »
Matty, you are a potstirrer. That is not an indictment. Merely an observation. And one that makes me chuckle as I imagine you cackling with glee over the pot.

;D It has to be done. All this eye-scratching and bitchslapping that's occurred since AMG 06 might seem terriblly important to the oh-so-earnest attendees and participants, but to a number of us who didn't (and never would) go to an AMG it's tedious.

Predictably so.

But we're a resourceful lot. Zephyr and Shane have handed us lemons and we've decided to fling them around the room. Rather than wring our hands about friendship and being nice, it's much more entertaining (and constructive in the long run) to make fun of this.

And it's not just in this thread. The one that's been bubbling along in Living With is a rich mine of comedic material. Honestly, Fox would pay for this stuff.

So Shane, Zephie: please continue with this school-yard bullshit. Matty the Damned needs grist for his mill.

MtD :D

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2006, 10:56:02 pm »
Matty, I'm glad I could entertain your twisted self for a few minutes.  hehe   ;)

But I have said my piece, stand behind every word of it, and make no apologies for it.

I am done with it.  Sorry to disappoint, mate.   :)

Shane

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2006, 12:31:05 am »
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

-pouts-

:D

MtD

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 11:16:55 pm »
Dear Shane,

Please forgive me for my weaknesses and accept my apologies for hurting you so.

It was never my intention, truly.

Loreen
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.