Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:30:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 197
Total: 197

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Why I hate conservatives  (Read 52972 times)

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: Why I hate conservatives
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2007, 04:07:49 pm »
People. People.  This is a natural thing we are witnessing.  It happens all the time. 

What you are currently seeing from people like jack and the right wing are what are commonly referred to as "death throes".  They are realizing, as one would when they drown in thier own vitriol, that America will no longer accept their rhetoric and religion as "the norm" and are preparing to toss them out on thier collective asses.  With the results of the recent election, the Iraq DEBACLE and who they have running in 2008 they don't stand a chance in hell of winning the White House, and they know it.  So they start with the name calling and lashing out as usual.

I know it's hard to watch.  But pretty soon they will be in a better place! (Read better place as- OUT OF OFFICE)
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2007, 04:11:17 pm »
Sorry. I hate the fact that Ann has stooped to the level of the braindead who have been attacking her for years but just because she called Edwards a Fag( instead of a sleazy slimeball ambulance chaser who is preying on the weak and uneducated) that doesn't make you throw out the entire case for conservatism. Thats what Libs just dont seem to get, you dont have to fall in lock step with every person who represents conservatism as you do in liberalism. I unlike most of the libs here do not hate someone because they have different beliefs than I have.
I resent being called a racist and still dont understand how being a conservative who believes that every person should have the opportunity to excel, get rich, and be happy in this world is racist???

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2007, 04:13:35 pm »
Cause your party says you are.  Thats how.
RIDE!!!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2007, 04:23:43 pm »
Sorry. I hate the fact that Ann has stooped to the level of the braindead who have been attacking her for years but just because she called Edwards a Fag( instead of a sleazy slimeball ambulance chaser who is preying on the weak and uneducated) that doesn't make you throw out the entire case for conservatism. Thats what Libs just dont seem to get, you dont have to fall in lock step with every person who represents conservatism as you do in liberalism. I unlike most of the libs here do not hate someone because they have different beliefs than I have.
I resent being called a racist and still dont understand how being a conservative who believes that every person should have the opportunity to excel, get rich, and be happy in this world is racist???

Your sorry excuse of an apology for Coulter consists entirely of attacking others...no wonder you admire her so much. I stand by what I have posted, I believe your defense of Coulter and the conservative movement proves your inherent racism. Resent or deny it all you like, it's there for all to read and I will leave it that. Now before I receive a warning or timeout I will say no more to you about the matter. I am so sorry Coulter was reduced by liberals into calling Edwards a fag...the next thing you know they will provoke her into calling Obama a nigger. You don't get it and you never will.

Offline jack

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2007, 04:25:05 pm »
AC, what do you mean, from people like me? I love you guys, a bunch of fucking hypocrites. You judge a whole group by the actions of one person, you deny people the freedom of thought, the freedom to earn a living and keep what they make,the freedom to save their income and pass it on to their children, the freedom to believe people are better off with less government, the freedom not to be a miserable son of a bitch who hates everyone who is better off than they are or everyone who has the will to make it in this world.
Hell, one person here today called anyone who is a conservative a "knuckledragger", is that worse than using the word Fag? Funny.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2007, 04:34:07 pm »
AC, what do you mean, from people like me? I love you guys, a bunch of fucking hypocrites. You judge a whole group by the actions of one person, you deny people the freedom of thought, the freedom to earn a living and keep what they make,the freedom to save their income and pass it on to their children, the freedom to believe people are better off with less government, the freedom not to be a miserable son of a bitch who hates everyone who is better off than they are or everyone who has the will to make it in this world.
Hell, one person here today called anyone who is a conservative a "knuckledragger", is that worse than using the word Fag? Funny.

The funny part is you do the same thing to "the libs".  And I swear to GOD if I hear a conservative say they are for LESS government one more goddamn time ill PUKE.  The size of the government has more than DOUBLED since Douchebag took office.  I judge a group by who they put out front, the likes of Ann Coulter and Pat Robertson and most of all the Supreme Douchebag, George Bush!  With him as your exalted leader you might as well add sado-masochism to your montra of Republican values. 

By all means and definitions I SHOULD be a republican.  Upper middle class, family owned businesses etc.  But for me it comes down to humanity.  If I have enough to make myself happy why not share with those less fortunate?  Do Warren Buffets kids need 8 billion a piece when he dies or would it be better served giving to others?  The problem with the right wing is they don't allow freedom of anything.  This country was slowly being assimilated into the religious zealotry of GW and his party.  But not anymore. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 04:51:22 pm by ACinKC »
RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2007, 04:48:07 pm »
ALL conservatives, to some degree, are sexist, racist and homophobic.

This is not true.
 I am considered conservative because I believe in lower taxes and minimal government interference in my life.
I simply do not believe big government can accomplish anything in a reasonable manner for a reasonable cost.
I believe people should be held accountable for their own actions.
I believe if you can support yourself and your family you should, instead of asking for a hand out.
I believe if you need help then you shall receive it. This does not mean you get to lie around eating bon bons and driving an SUV while those that are helping you struggle.

In what way does that make me sexist, racists or homophobic?
Ann Coulter does not speak for me.  She is not an elected official, nor would I vote for her.
Feel free to call out someone that demonstrates they are sexist, homophobic, or racist.
 Do not presume to call everyone that chooses a more conservative approach these things.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2007, 04:49:44 pm »
This is not true.
 I am considered conservative because I believe in lower taxes and minimal government interference in my life.
I simply do not believe big government can accomplish anything in a reasonable manner for a reasonable cost.
I believe if you can support yourself and your family you should, instead of asking for a hand out.
I believe if you need help then you shall receive it. This does not mean you get to lie around eating bon bons and driving an SUV while those that are helping you struggle.

Ann Coulter does not speak for me.  She is not an elected official, nor would I vote for her.
Feel free to call out someone that demonstrates they are sexist, homophobic, or racist.
 Do not presume to call everyone that chooses a more conservative approach these things.

I call it like I see it, if that doesn't suit you so be it.

Offline jack

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2007, 04:50:03 pm »
This is getting very boring, trying to argue with people who dont believe in individual freedom or freedom of speech. Your argument makes no sense. As I have said on more than occasion,  W is not a conservative and never has been. He is a big spending big government guy who believes in God. Warren can do whatever he wants to do with his 50 billion, I dont care, its not my place to decide what the greatest allocator of capital in history should do with his money. Its his money,not yours or the governments. By the way Warren is a democrat,believes in high taxes and has given the bulk of his money to a guy(gates) who rarely bathes and hasnt washed his hair in a decade to give away.
Religious zealotry??? Are you insane?
 I am outa here. Going to Az tomorrow for a week of golf and hiking and then on to Vegas Baby for March Madness. Have fun and don't throw a hissy fit every time some ahole on tv calls you a name.
Fuck Ann Coulter,fuck Algore, Alfranken,billmaher and fuck Caspar Gomez,and fuck the fucking Diaz brothers.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2007, 04:53:34 pm »
This is not true.

If you voted for Bush (which it would appear you did, just by the values you listed) you by default can be labeled as a homophobe.  He is after all trying to ADD DISCRIMINATION TO THE CONSTITUTION.  And you picked him to represent YOU.  So by default you could be viewed as a homophobe.  I know, its logical and easy to follow, so you conservatives may have a problem with the linear thought path.
RIDE!!!

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2007, 04:56:29 pm »
oh my.

Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2007, 05:02:17 pm »
This is getting very boring, trying to argue with people who dont believe in individual freedom or freedom of speech.

This sounds funny coming from a member of the party that espouses fear at every turn.  And who admonish and demolish (Plame) those who dare to speak the truth.

Your argument makes no sense. As I have said on more than occasion,  W is not a conservative and never has been. He is a big spending big government guy who believes in God.

Who is the HEAD of the Conservative Party.  Who got voted (kind of) into office on the shoulders of the religious right.  So apparently THEY think he is their(ive been spelling that wrong lately haven't I?) leader.  

I am outa here. Going to Az tomorrow for a week of golf and hiking and then on to Vegas Baby for March Madness. Have fun and don't throw a hissy fit every time some ahole on tv calls you a name.
Fuck Ann Coulter,fuck Algore, Alfranken,billmaher and fuck Caspar Gomez,and fuck the fucking Diaz brothers.

Have fun in AZ.  We have a place in Mesa, it is awesome this time of year!  And you forgot to add fuck George Bush.  Zeig Heil! Republicans!
RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2007, 05:02:35 pm »
I did vote for Bush as the lesser of two evils. There are unfortunately no candidates that believe in everything that I do.
Your logic is unfortunately flawed AC.  For example, I do not believe it's pronounced nukular.  By your logic I would by association believe such a thing. I know you can do better than that.

Dachshund, I'll again ask you, do not lump me into that group.  It is not true and I take great offense. You sir simply do not know me well enough to speak of me in that manner.  Feel free to call some conservatives this but do not presume to call me this.

Offline jack

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2007, 05:04:10 pm »
AC, please tell me you are kidding.  I know you are smarter than this. Do you vote a person only if you agree with their every position?
I am against abortion, but I would not vote against someone just because they were pro abortion. I am not an extremely religious person but I would never base my vote on someones religion. I dont care what religion someone is.
Using your logic every person who voted for Clinton is lowlife,trailertrash rapist liar.
The reason Bush is president is because your side picked two guys who both had lower GPAs in college than Bush, and both were horrible candidates. Gore couldn't carry his own state and freaking Lurch was dead from the neck up. Do you realize how freaking horrible these two guys were? Using your logic everything Bush has done that you dont like is Democrats fault because you guys put up to two guys who made Bob Dole look like a living,breathing person.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2007, 05:07:46 pm »
I did vote for Bush as the lesser of two evils. There are unfortunately no candidates that believe in everything that I do.
Your logic is unfortunately flawed AC.  For example, I do not believe it's pronounced nukular.  By your logic I would by association believe such a thing. I know you can do better than that.

Dachshund, I'll again ask you, do not lump me into that group.  It is not true and I take great offense. You sir simply do not know me well enough to speak of me in that manner.  Feel free to call some conservatives this but do not presume to call me this.

Insecure much? Don't remember calling you anything. I stand by what I said and if that bothers you so be it. You interjected yourself into the discussion, not me. See ya!

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2007, 05:10:58 pm »
AC, please tell me you are kidding.  I know you are smarter than this. Do you vote a person only if you agree with their every position?
I am against abortion, but I would not vote against someone just because they were pro abortion. I am not an extremely religious person but I would never base my vote on someones religion. I dont care what religion someone is.
Using your logic every person who voted for Clinton is lowlife,trailertrash rapist liar.
The reason Bush is president is because your side picked two guys who both had lower GPAs in college than Bush, and both were horrible candidates. Gore couldn't carry his own state and freaking Lurch was dead from the neck up. Do you realize how freaking horrible these two guys were? Using your logic everything Bush has done that you dont like is Democrats fault because you guys put up to two guys who made Bob Dole look like a living,breathing person.

Umm both Gore and Kerry won the popular vote.  And honestly, I chose my argumentative path because it was easiest.  I dont HONESTLY believe that you guys are for everything he is.  But damnit its just SOOOOOO much fun to say that you are. 

And thats how I roll.
RIDE!!!

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2007, 05:14:29 pm »

Clinton NEVER raped anyone.  And I grew UP in a double wide my friend!  WHO YOU CALLIN TRASH?!?!?!  LOL
RIDE!!!

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2007, 05:14:38 pm »

This is not true.

Birds of a feather burn crosses together.

Brent
(Who enjoys a little rhyme now and then)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2007, 05:18:22 pm »

Brent
(Who enjoys a little rhyme now and then)

Ooooooooooooooo!  That one hurt.
RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2007, 05:22:03 pm »

May I conclude from this statement you believe I am a member of, or a supporter of the KKK?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2007, 05:24:57 pm »
Now Grinchie, in Texas you have to invite Buckles to step outside and resolve this like a man. ;)

MtD

Offline Grinch

« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2007, 05:28:53 pm »
I'm trying the kinder, gentler approach Matty.  It's really difficult I have to tell you.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2007, 05:30:41 pm »
Well Grinch you are doing quite well.
RIDE!!!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2007, 05:32:16 pm »
I'm trying the kinder, gentler approach Matty.  It's really difficult I have to tell you.

Well Grinchalicious One, you did sorta bring this on yourself you know. Being out and proud with George and Laura 'Pickles' Bush in a forum infested with leftists and no good liberals is gonna bring you some heat.

MtD

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2007, 05:33:40 pm »
I personally am proud Our Dear President Shrub.

He's set the conservative cause back by years.

Go, Bushie, go!
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline Bucko

« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2007, 05:49:05 pm »
I was making a witty, but while I'm on the subject:

Which party decries affirmative action while disenfranchising tens of thousands of African-American votes in Forida alone?

Which party feels that "socialized medicine" would be the downfall of America even as it flatlines Ryan White funding?

Which party is so environmentally aware that it's most precious stalwart named trees as the cause of pollution even as its current standard-bearer denies science in any stance it takes against Bibical teaching?

Which party feels as though it has the right to deny my 37 year-old sister with special needs a medical procedure after she was raped?

Which party feels as though public funds should support private schools (which can and do discriminate in their enrollments)?

Which party was active in killing the Equal Rights Amendment and now seeks to have discrimination against same-sex marriage codified into the Constitution?

Which party feels as though private religious groups with their own agendas should recieve public funds in service to the most needy?

Maybe you agree with our Commander In Chief that the veterans at Walter Reed are getting the best care available.

Maybe you agree with Dinesh D'Souza that what America needs is for Christian Fundamentalists and Islamic Extremists to unite and overthrow the "Godless" (Ann Coulter's word, too) culture of the west. He is a big draw at Conservative events you know.

Offline ademas

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2007, 06:24:43 pm »
such an unfortunate choice of captions...

sorry to interrupt.
carry on.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2007, 06:30:53 pm »

Well Grinchalicious One, you did sorta bring this on yourself you know. Being out and proud with George and Laura 'Pickles' Bush in a forum infested with leftists and no good liberals is gonna bring you some heat.

MtD

Heat's no problem.  Calling me a racist... different ball game.  I do admit. GW has let me down in a big way.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2007, 06:37:49 pm »
Heat's no problem.  Calling me a racist... different ball game.  I do admit. GW has let me down in a big way.

Well babe, the Buckled One has laid out some pretty good points about the Conservative agenda. Rather than getting all verklempt about who called whom what, maybe you'd like to address those and demonstrate the superiority of the Conservative position.

MtD

Offline Grinch

« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2007, 07:56:56 pm »
Socialized medicine I am against.
 I just spent a week working in a hospital that had a plaque at the front door proclaiming the merits of socialized medicine.  I saw 200+ people sitting on the ground under this plaque in 80f+ heat waiting to just get in the door.  One problem was they had to fill out forms to get seen, the problem was the lady handing out the forms wanted $20.00 to give you the form.  Then once you got the form the next person wanted some more money to submit them.  That was just to get in the door.  I saw crying infants laying in the sun as their parents tried to get them seen.  I saw the bathrooms with no toilet paper or hand towels,let alone soap. 

I saw that every other light was out.  I saw the physicist refuse to order the x-ray machines be calibrated. I verified that they were 20% out of spec.  I saw Doctors refuse to treat people until they received payment did I mention this was a "free" hospital?  This was the worst hospital I have ever worked in.  I've argued this before, this just reinforced how I feel about it.

The US constitution doesn't address the definition of marriage, nor should it.  Marriage should be based on your particular religion. Again less government interference is my way of doing things.
 Abortion yet again, your decision but don't ask me to pay for it.  Especially as a form of birth control. 

Walter Reed once was the finest care anywhere.  Sounds like they fucked up. I personally left the Army rather than accepting an assignment there.  It was all about politics, not healthcare.  Again, leave the politics out of it.
  Do you see a recurring theme?

I know, I know...it's only anecdotal evidence my last week in a socialized medicine hospital. Tell that to the hundreds of patients that couldn't get in the door.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2007, 08:14:13 pm »
So did you hear Ann Coulter called John Edwards a faggot?

Offline Bucko

« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2007, 08:15:49 pm »
Abortion yet again, your decision but don't ask me to pay for it.  Especially as a form of birth control.

My sister was bitten by a bug as an infant and contracted Encephallitis. Her functioning varies between that of an 18-month old and that of a three-year old. She is the only verbal resident of the group home she lives in in Massachusetts. But she is sweet and (generally) kind. Everyone in her circle knows exactly who she is, and no one who has met her could forget her.

The state provides transportation to and from her workshop, the income she earns there is deducted from her SSI, by the way. I guess she'd be living  high off the hog if it weren't. At one point in her life, my sister stopped talking, then got very self-abusive. No one could figure it out until her periods stopped and a full exam was performed.

What you refer to as "birth control", I prefer to think of as a medical procedure needed to prevent my sister from enduring any additional pain.

But we all have our issues.

And your description of the public hospital sounds just like the clinic I go to in Ft Lauderdale since my insurance was cancelled (because they could) and I've become dependant on Ryan White funding for my health care.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2007, 08:18:35 pm »

Oh Aunty Doxie! That was SO 5 minutes ago.

MtD

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2007, 08:25:42 pm »

I know, I know...it's only anecdotal evidence my last week in a socialized medicine hospital. Tell that to the hundreds of patients that couldn't get in the door.

And the hundreds of millions in this country who can't get care because they don't have insurance are dim sum, I suppose.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2007, 08:39:12 pm »

I was replying to Matty.

I did hear that and I think she's an idiot for doing so.  I have to ask though. Why is it horrible that she called him that yet you find it perfectly acceptable to call me and every other conservative in the world a racists homophobic sexist?  I take as much offense at being called these names as you take being called a faggot.  How exactly is this different?  I also calmly explained I was offended by your statement and you chose to tell me too bad, that's how you feel.  Can you explain the difference?

Glass houses and all that?

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2007, 08:41:15 pm »
I was replying to Matty.

I did hear that and I think she's an idiot for doing so.  I have to ask though. Why is it horrible that she called him that yet you find it perfectly acceptable to call me and every other conservative in the world a racists homophobic sexist?  I take as much offense at being called these names as you take being called a faggot.  How exactly is this different?  I also calmly explained I was offended by your statement and you chose to tell me too bad, that's how you feel.  Can you explain the difference?

This is what I said in another thread about the difference aminals that are name calling and why certain terms are worst than others.

"While name-calling is of course immature and wrong... we all do it.

However, there are certain words which I think are worse... like the n word.  Or kike (which I've been called in all seriousness).  Or faggot (which I've also been called in all seriousness).  Or spic... or any other racial, ethnic, misogynistic, or homophobic epithet that you can think of.  They're worse because they speak approvingly of a paradigm that has been used to deny minority groups their rights, or in some cases, their lives.

Simple words like asshole or bitch?  Nope.

All words are not created equal because their connotations are not equal.

It's worse because you can't help it... if you're going to insult someone, go for the personality attributes... it shows more intellect.

What it boils down to is this:

I can't stop being gay or part Jewish.

But Ann Coulter can stop being a cunt."

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2007, 08:41:49 pm »

Can't we just throw a pie in her face like they did to Anita Bryant...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS91gT3XT_A

Ray
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 09:01:13 pm by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Grinch

« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2007, 08:43:24 pm »
Bucko again I said abortion is your choice.  I also said don't ask me to pay for it as a form of birth control.  Your story does not constitute birth control.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2007, 08:53:09 pm »
there are certain words which I think are worse.

Oh my... weren't you one of the ones that screamed how wrong I was for imposing my morality when I asked that we as a group draw a line on where provocative ended and inappropriate began with regards to avatars?  Are you now dictating to me which words are OK?  Does that mean you're imposing YOUR morality on me?  Didn't you tell me that was wrong? I guess the rules are different this time huh?
 Do you have an actual set of rules that you live by, or do you change them based on the situation and what the rest of the herd thinks?

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2007, 08:56:53 pm »
Oh my... weren't you one of the ones that screamed how wrong I was for imposing my morality when I asked that we as a group draw a line on where provocative ended and inappropriate began with regards to avatars?  Are you now dictating to me which words are OK?  Does that mean you're imposing YOUR morality on me?  Didn't you tell me that was wrong? I guess the rules are different this time huh?
 Do you have an actual set of rules that you live by, or do you change them based on the situation and what the rest of the herd thinks?

It's completely different.  You were talking about images that might offend certain people's delicate sensibilities about sexuality.

I'm talking about words that have accompanied African-Americans to their deaths by lynching and have been used to keep entire groups of people down or dead.

Prudishness and institutionalized racism are apples and oranges, I'm afraid.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2007, 08:57:00 pm »
I was replying to Matty.

Typical conservative response. Taking what you can't defend and making yourself the victim. As I said before I believe the conservative movement is racist, sexist and homophobic. I don't care if you are offended by that statement and until you can give me more than anecdotal crybaby evidence I will give you Matthew Shepard and Robert Byrd. Until you are black and have been called nigger, or homosexual and called faggot then you can get back to me, because then you really will have something to be offended by. I'm sorry you can't understand and I'll leave it at that. If you want to start your own thread about the virtues of conservatives you should do that. My thread was about a leading voice of the conservative movement calling people faggots and I won't let you or Jake twist the message to fit your personal agendas.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 08:59:39 pm by Dachshund »

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2007, 09:00:05 pm »

Oh, and let the record show that I'm just saying certain words are worse than others.

I'm not starting whiny threads about what words are appropriate and should be allowed here and what words aren't.

This faggot kike has a thicker skin than that.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2007, 09:13:29 pm »
Oh, and let the record show that I'm just saying certain words are worse than others.

I'm not starting whiny threads about what words are appropriate and should be allowed here and what words aren't.

This faggot kike has a thicker skin than that.

In your opinion those words are worse.  You are indeed then, telling me what words are ok, you are in fact imposing your own morality on me.  You clearly have double standards and seem unable to even admit it to yourself.  Maybe someday you'll learn to think for yourself and even stand by what you believe.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2007, 09:17:05 pm »
In your opinion those words are worse.  You are indeed then, telling me what words are ok, you are in fact imposing your own morality on me.  You clearly have double standards and seem unable to even admit it to yourself.  Maybe someday you'll learn to think for yourself and even stand by what you believe.

Where, pray tell, is my double standard?

And what leap of logic are you using to say that me making a value judgement on something is to tell you what to do?

Offline Grinch

« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2007, 09:19:07 pm »
Typical conservative response. Taking what you can't defend and making yourself the victim.
I never tried to defend Ann Coulter. I did say I thought she was wrong for her words.  I did say I felt you were just as wrong for calling all conservatives names.
You replied too bad, you're entitled to your opinion. My issue with your statements is what's the difference? She called one person a faggot.  You called millions of people homophobic sexist racists.  Why is that OK?  How is it different?

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2007, 09:21:46 pm »
I suppose all of those millions of conservatives who voted against gay marriage amendments in 2004 and 2006 aren't homophobic at all.

But I could be wrong.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2007, 09:25:31 pm »
Where, pray tell, is my double standard?

And what leap of logic are you using to say that me making a value judgment on something is to tell you what to do?
How is my avatar value judgment different than your words value judgment?  You don't get to wiggle away from this one.  You did exactly what you accused me of. Now stand up like a big boy and admit that you are attempting to define which words are offensive, while decrying my mention of what images I found offensive.  There really is no difference other than the fact that I asked the group as a whole to give their thoughts on the avatars.  You don't even allow us that.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2007, 09:28:35 pm »
I never tried to defend Ann Coulter. I did say I thought she was wrong for her words.  I did say I felt you were just as wrong for calling all conservatives names.
You replied too bad, you're entitled to your opinion. My issue with your statements is what's the difference? She called one person a faggot.  You called millions of people homophobic sexist racists.  Why is that OK?  How is it different?

No I called tens of millions of conservatives racist, sexist and homophobic and I believe that to be a very low estimate. You will never get the difference so I will leave it at that.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2007, 09:29:50 pm »
I suppose all of those millions of conservatives who voted against gay marriage amendments in 2004 and 2006 aren't homophobic at all.

But I could be wrong.

Perhaps they feel it shouldn't be a constitutional issue one way or the other? The vote wasn't is it ok to have gay marriage, the vote was should it be a constitutional amendment. There's a really big difference.  I could care less if you get married. I don't want it as part of the constitution.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2007, 09:34:26 pm »

No I called tens of millions of conservatives racist, sexist and homophobic and I believe that to be a very low estimate. You will never get the difference so I will leave it at that.
There is no difference. I find your statement to be no different at all.  Both are offensive.  If you're going to cry foul, don't turn around and commit the same foul.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.