Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:56:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773155
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 190
Total: 191

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Diagnosed with SYPHILIS today!  (Read 6787 times)

Offline blondbeauty

Diagnosed with SYPHILIS today!
« on: January 02, 2014, 01:32:41 pm »
Hi everybody! I had a pain on my right testicle and went to the urologist. He tested me for everything, made an ecography...everything came out normal except SYPHILS: VDRL: 1/4 and FTA+ABS: Positive.

I had to visit two pharmacies to buy it but I wanted to have my penicillin shot immediately. The nurse mixed it with an anesthetic, so it was painless. I still have to get two more shots for the next two weeks. I hope they are as painless as this one. I should buy a present to her... ;)

The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline mitch777

Re: Diagnosed with SYPHILIS today!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 04:30:00 pm »
I would buy TWO presents for her. One BEFORE each shot.  :)

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis. :(

m.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 09:01:49 pm »
Good idea Mitch! They also want to make sure there is no neurosyphilis, but that will be after the three shots.
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 10:13:10 pm »
Good idea Mitch! They also want to make sure there is no neurosyphilis, but that will be after the three shots.

I really don't know anything about syphilis let alone neurosyphilis. (sheltered hiv+ life here. lol.) Just go shopping!

Seriously though.... hope you get through this as easy as possible.

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 08:25:03 am »
Thank you Mitch777, the Roseola Syphilitica that covered all my trunk and arms has dissapeared completely in three days after recievenig the first shot of 2.400.000 units of penicilin. I feel much better and less tired also.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 04:03:56 pm »
Thank you Mitch777, the Roseola Syphilitica that covered all my trunk and arms has dissapeared completely in three days after recievenig the first shot of 2.400.000 units of penicilin. I feel much better and less tired also.

Great news!

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 06:58:28 am »
Like Mitch Theyer clueless but very pleased you sought treatment and it is beneficial for you . Plus I underline the 2 prezzie idea.

All the best m
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline blondbeauty

Incompetent nurse - Second penicillin shot for Syphilis
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 09:49:33 pm »
The nurse that gave me my first shot to treat syphilis was excellent. But today she had the day off and I was unlucky enough to fall in the hands of a very young and incompetent nurse: she had never heard of preparing the penicillin with an anesthetic, but the worst of all is that she injected the solution so slowly that it ended up crystallizing and was unable to inject the last milliliter of solution.

Fortunately the absence of anesthetic did not make it more painful. Maybe I am immune to the pain of penicillin shots, but I left very disappointed for not receiving the complete dose. 300.000 units remained in the syringe. I am going to fill a complainment form next week.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 04:56:43 am »
Hi BB. I merged your new thread about your syphilis treatment into your original thread about the same subject. It makes it easier for everyone - you included - to follow the discussion when you keep posts about the same thing in the same thread. :)

but I left very disappointed for not receiving the complete dose. 300.000 units remained in the syringe.

I'm surprised you didn't complain right then and there while you had undeniable proof that the complete treatment wasn't delivered. I would have been raising (un)holy hell! >:(

You should have been given a fresh shot right then and there to make up the lost 300 units - at no extra cost to you - delivered by a more competent person. The treatment of syphilis in hiv positive persons can be more difficult, so only getting a partial second treatment just isn't good enough. Complain your socks off and make sure it's put right.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 04:17:12 pm »
Thank you Ann for moving it and for your comment. You are right, I should have complained immediately, but there was no other nurse available and I did not want to fall in her hands again.

Today I sent a formal letter to the insurance company owner of the medical facility in which this nurse is employed. The subject of the letter is "Bad medical praxis"...

I have a new appointment with the Dermatologist that diagnosed mi syphilis infection to tell her what happened and see what can we do to fix it.

Never go here to have your syphilis treated: http://centromedicomilenium-lasrozas.sanitas.es/
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:19:30 pm by blondbeauty »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 08:17:47 am »
You're welcome. Keep us posted, and good luck with getting somewhere with your very legitimate complaint.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 09:15:26 pm »
Today I finished my treatment for shypilis with the "good" nurse. I have received no answer from my insurance company. After the 3 shots of penicillin I have realized how unconscious I was just after my diagnosis when the dermatologist asked me if I was allergic to penicillin and I said "no" without knowing for sure. After reading many things about syphilis (beautiful name for an infectious disease), I learned I should have at least remained in the clinic under observation for a while. Instead I went for an hour walk...Thank God I was not allergic.

And speaking about nice names, Chlamydia sounds like an exotic type of flower...

Hopefully in 3 months my VDRL titer will be lower.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.