Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:25:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 206
Total: 207

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 2011 St. Petersburg Aidswalk pictures  (Read 20882 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
2011 St. Petersburg Aidswalk pictures
« on: September 10, 2011, 05:56:31 pm »

We had the aids walk today in St. Petersburg, and it went very well.  The walk started at 9:55AM, and it took about 1 hour for Ed and myself to complete. The weather held up, but toward the end of the walk the lightning and thunder started, so people scattered pretty fast.

I'm going to take a nap right now, but I will post pictures later tonight. But for now, here's a pic of Ed and myself, sitting on the wall.  More pics ....

This is Ed:

[/img]

And this is Me..  :P

[/img]

More to follow...

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: 2011 St. Petersburg Aidswalk pictures
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 06:12:52 pm »
Great photo's Ray and well done, thanks for sharing, you deserve a good nap... ;)

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 06:16:18 pm »
Well done!!!
Thanks for the pix! Can't wait to see some more of them  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Jody

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 11:36:26 pm »
Good to see you guys in there Ray, thanks for all of us everywhere!!!

Jody :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 02:28:32 am »
Well, that was some nap!  :P  Here's some more pics, there not in order, but I tried

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

The pier structure , soon to be demolished ( along the walkway)

[/img]

Walgreens, some of the sposors and teams:

[/img]

[/img]

Looking out to our left while walking  ( Tampa Bay)

[/img]

8)

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

Ringing of the Aids Bells :

[/img]

[/img]

Plane with a banner sign:

[/img]

Storm clouds brewing:

[/img]

One of the teams:

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

This is Ed again, just prior to the start:

[/img]

[/img]

The final stretch:

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 05:26:44 am by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 03:09:59 am »

And here's a few pictures, of our walk on Friday, in Largo around Taylor lake: ( since I am in the Picture mood !   :)  This is where we do our 2 mile walk on Saturday's.  There were no gators sunning themselves on Friday.  But this is a nice nature walk:

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 04:01:47 am »
Ray,

Thanks so much for posting the pics..all of them. I'm participating in a walk this fall and I'm going to suggest to the planning committee that they imitate the "I'm walking because" signs and, if possible, the statistics signs. I've been in several walks and have not seen that done. It's such a great way to educate people.

Em

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 05:31:21 am »
Ray,

I'm participating in a walk this fall and I'm going to suggest to the planning committee that they imitate the "I'm walking because" signs and, if possible, the statistics signs. I've been in several walks and have not seen that done. It's such a great way to educate people.

Em

:)

I think it's a great idea !!  They have always had the paper signs to place on the back of the shirts, since I can remember,  but the statistics signs are new this year.  One of the first things I noticed during the walk.

Ray 8)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline wolfter

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 05:56:44 am »
Thanks for sharing.  I did notice you managed to get 2 pictures of the hotty in the red shorts. ;D
Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 07:28:40 am »
Hi Ray

I love the "I'm walking because" poster on the back of the walkers, a great reason to take part, and yes I did notice the "hot pants"...thank you for sharing, I'm glad you both enjoyed your day.

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 10:28:17 am »
Good walk and photos, mister.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 10:31:29 am »
Thanks for sharing the photos. It looks like a good walk!

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 10:47:48 am »
Santa has a nice package.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 10:55:17 am »
awesome pictures!

weather, wild animals, educational stats, the walkers, the motivating sentiments, some great ideas for other walks, the Tampa area - city, bay and park, local gay life, hot men, a glimpse into your life, and lots of nature.

thanks for sharing and posting!! :-*
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Basquo

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 10:25:35 pm »
Ray, I had no idea that one could post so many pitcutres at once, but what a great way to find out! I loved them all; looks like a wonderful AIDS walk with a lot of participants!

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 04:28:36 pm »
 8)
Thanks again everyone !!  Follow up....    8)

http://www.watermarkonline.com/w-news/tampa-bay-sarasota/item/6594-aids-walk-shatters-records-with-$155000

This was also, the most successful Aids walk yet.  $155,000.00, was collected this year, with over 800 participants.

AIDS Walk shatters records with $155,000
Written by  Steve Blanchard

AIDS Walk St. Petersburg shattered goals on Sept. 11 by raising more than $155,000 at the eighth annual fundraiser for the AIDS Service Association of Pinellas.

According Jay Aller, the resource development manager with ASAP and one of the organizers of the 5K (3.1 mile) walk, more than 800 people participated in the fundraiser.

“That includes walkers, volunteers, staff—everyone,” Aller said. “I believe this was the biggest one yet.”

AIDSWalkSeveral factors contributed to the growth of the Walk this year, and pinpointing one specifically isn’t easy, Aller said. This is the first year a major radio station—Play 98.7 FM—participated in the walk. It’s also the first time social media played a major role.

“And bringing in a headliner was a first for us,” Aller said. “Frenchie Davis opened doors for us, brought out people and put more attention on the AIDS Walk. So to say one specific thing helped more than another is difficult.”

Other media sponsors like Bright House Networks and ClearChannel also helped spread the word, Aller said.

“Our grand marshal, [Bay News 9 Traffic reporter] Chuck Henson, was also invaluable,” Aller added. “I want to thank him for his support on Facebook and his support of our community and being such a champion for the fight against HIV and AIDS.”

Aller wasn’t the only person involved with organizing the successful AIDS Walk St. Petersburg this year. Committee Chair Dale Kitt, along with a full planning committee were invaluable, Aller added. Committee members included Tim Beams, Mike Bell, Chris Gardner, Greg Henchar, Victor Lopez, Dennis Lyons, Matt Moss, Christopher Ramos, Steven Rodriquez, Barry Rothstein, Chris Schombs and Bryn Warner.

Plans are already underway for the 2012 run, which will be Sept. 8 of next year. Aller said another headliner will be in the mix and some changes in the post-walk entertainment may keep people from having to stay in the park for so long.

In the meantime, ASAP and Aller are focused on a December fundraising event—the Santa Speedo Run. The Dec. 17 one-mile fun run raises money for the Brighter Seasons for Children Program, which focuses on pediatric HIV/AIDS clients.

For more information, visit Facebook.com/SantaSpeedoRun. For more information on ASAP, visit ASAPServices.org.

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Florida69

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 04:47:05 pm »
Sorry i missed the walk this year, but thanks so much for the pictures.  I am glad that the storm held out for you.  D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 05:24:04 pm »
Excellent news there, Ray! And how great that You and Ed contributed to this great event. ;D

what?!? A speedo run?? ;D
maybe I won't pack mine away for the Winter and I'll come down to visit.
I have a Santa hat too  ;) :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 05:38:33 pm »

Thanks for sharing the pics Ray.   It looks like y'all had a very good turnout.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.