Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:21:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 231
Total: 232

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Leonard Cohen concert  (Read 2888 times)

Offline Jody

Leonard Cohen concert
« on: January 23, 2013, 03:08:59 pm »
I know of Leonard Cohen through my old roommate who had an album or two of his work and also through the song "Hallelujah".  I've seen him perform on TV, and actually loved KD Lang's version of Hallelujah on television at the Olympics in China a few years back that was part of the opening ceremony I believe. 

I will be seeing him at Radio City Music Hall, a great venue in early April and may have an extra ticket.   

Jody :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Growler

“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline ds4146

Re: Leonard Cohen concert
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 10:17:49 pm »
Growler, we have a connection besides Bear! Loved Laura! I always looked for her latest, usually came in the fall. Such a great voice and even Johnny loved her. Gloria was a great song, stoned, drugged out, or just dancing with some one who was, it was the moment. She has many other great songs, one of which is my favorite...."Cry Wolf"" which could be the theme song for "Am I Infected".

Hope you are well! Love to Bear! Be well!

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 01:16:49 am »
I love the Canadian Tenors version of Hallelujah.  This one features Celine Dion. 

http://youtu.be/Jq5jewJEni0

Offline Jmarksto

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 01:26:05 am »
I have been a huge fan of Leonard Cohen and finally saw him perform live last month -- wow, what a performer!  He puts his heart and soul into every show.  You will have a great time -- enjoy.

JM
03/15/12 Negative
06/15/12 Positive
07/11/12 CD4 790          VL 4,000
08/06/12 CD4 816/38%   VL 49,300
08/20/12 Started Complera
11/06/12 CD4   819/41% VL 38
02/11/13 CD4   935/41% VL UD
06/06/13 CD4   816/41% VL UD
10/28/13 CD4 1131/45% VL 25
02/25/14 CD4   792/37% VL UD
07/09/14 CD4 1004/39% VL UD
11/03/14 CD4   711/34% VL UD
03/13/15 CD4   833/36% VL UD
04/??/15 Truvada & Tivicay
06/01/15 CD4 1100/50% VL UD
10/16/15 CD4   826/43% VL UD
??/??/2017 Descov & Tivicay
2017 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850
2018 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850

Offline wolfter

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 01:22:08 pm »
Hope you enjoy it Jody.  Remember, if you ever get extra tickets for any Broadway musical, pm me instead of offering it out here.  Especially, Priscilla or the Book Of Mormon.

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 02:24:26 pm »
Jody,

I played one of the interview videos and the young man asked Mr. Cohen about his song Hallelujah (which I love by the way, especially the KD Lang rendition).  He said that Sony had rejected the album with that song and others. Of course, today, we find it incredulous that such a beautiful song was rejected.  Mr. Cohen was reflective and said "You put in your best efforts but you can't command the consequences."  A very thoughtful and poetic response.

Enjoy the concert.  I am sure it will be great.
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Growler

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 03:12:02 pm »
Growler, we have a connection besides Bear! Loved Laura! I always looked for her latest, usually came in the fall. Such a great voice and even Johnny loved her. Gloria was a great song, stoned, drugged out, or just dancing with some one who was, it was the moment. She has many other great songs, one of which is my favorite...."Cry Wolf"" which could be the theme song for "Am I Infected".

Hope you are well! Love to Bear! Be well!
:)
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.