Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:57:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 191
Total: 193

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What the hell is a shout?  (Read 2652 times)

Offline HollyStar

What the hell is a shout?
« on: March 05, 2009, 10:00:26 pm »
Hi everyone,

I was looking at my profile on here trying to figure out how to change my avitar. I never did figure it out. I noticed an area called Portal functions. What is the area 'View shouts'? I clicked on it and there was nothing there. Just curious if anyone knows what this is and how I change my avatar. Thanks.
Portal Functions
Portal Summary
Articles
View shouts

Diagnosed  July 28th 2003

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

'Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?' -Frank Scully

'If your ship doesn't come, swim out to it.' - Jonathan Winters

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: What the hell is a shout?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 11:51:54 pm »
Hi Holly

I have no idea what "View Shouts" means.

To change your avatar go into your profile and them click on "Forum Profile Information" found on the left hand side under the heading Modify profile and then follow the instructions.

If you want to put up one from your own pictures them just press browse...don't forget to click on change profile at the bottom of the page...hope that all makes sense.

Hugs
Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 12:47:33 am »
Thanks Jan. I figured out the avitar.
Diagnosed  July 28th 2003

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

'Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?' -Frank Scully

'If your ship doesn't come, swim out to it.' - Jonathan Winters

Offline fearless

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 09:48:35 pm »
i have no idea what it means at AIDSMEDS but to 'shout' in Australia is to buy something for someone - usually a round of drinks in a bar. For example, 'Little Steve, it's your shout' = go buy me a beer you little bastard.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 07:28:23 pm »
i have no idea what it means at AIDSMEDS but to 'shout' in Australia is to buy something for someone - usually a round of drinks in a bar. For example, 'Little Steve, it's your shout' = go buy me a beer you little bastard.

We use "shout" like that here on the Rock too. We also use it to indicate you want someone to phone you, as in "give me a shout tomorrow if you want to go to the pub, where of course it will be your shout first, you tight bastard." ;D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 06:25:55 am »
We use it like that, too.  "I'll shout at you tomorrow" or "Shout at you later".  Of course, we really mean it that way since up in the hills we just stand out on our stoops and shout at each other up and down the holler. ;D

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 10:56:48 am »
Shout is used to pre-treat your laundry.  :D  ::)
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.