Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:52:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 526
Total: 527

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: An episode  (Read 2476 times)

Offline Growler

An episode
« on: August 30, 2012, 01:36:53 am »
I had an "episode" this afternoon, it was the second one I've had this week. These episodes have been happening infrequently for about a month now but 2 in 3 days is very close together and today's was at a public place. They're hard to describe but something like a mental panic attack. My mind becomes cloudy and thing's are  confusing and scary and I can't figure things out properly for a short period, minutes I guess. Honestly I really hate them and as soon as I am my own place I can start ARVs and I hope they stop. Thanks for letting me share. It feels better to share than to ruminate on it by myself. I feel better and can now let it go.
Cheers
GROWLER

“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline tednlou2

Re: An episode
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 01:47:00 am »
Wishing you all the best on getting your own place and starting meds.  I have bad panic attacks, where things can seem dreamlike and cloudy.  But, you're obviously having something much more severe and pronounced.  Sending positive thoughts your way--for whatever that's worth.

Take care.   

Offline Growler

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 03:36:30 am »
Thanks. I'm ok most the time I promise just a bit dazed sometimes. Its mostly silly things like 20 minutes ago I was going downstairs into the library at Chatswood and I pulled out my train ticket from my wallet and held it out as if I was going into the train station....Just need to concentrate :)
Now I feel good and most of time I feel good I promise.
GROWLER

Saw Chris from Summer Heights High TV show on the Chatswood Concourse and I  told him I loved his work and he waved and said thank you .....comic genius! :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 03:42:23 am by Growler »
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 04:52:03 am »
Hi Growler, Panic attacks come in many differant forms but I think all off them are helped by talking about them, takes the power away for one thing. I would put money on that a lot off what you have been experiencing will be history when you are settled and using the services that you find useful. Thanks for keeping in touch with all off us , I think there are quite a few off us who are wishing you well and keeping an eye out for your name in the forums.

With love
m
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Growler

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 07:05:52 am »
Theyer I think u are 1,000% correct on all accounts. I took the risperodone early today at 6:30pm because the walls started to ripple and world outside the room felt like it didn't exist. It's now 9pm and I feel human. I have no idea why this is happening, but fucking scary. I almost wish they hadn't told me the HIV was in my CSF, I think just knowing that is whats done my head in, even though the count is low (only 1,700 VR thank goodness ) compared with  113,000 for blood. At least CD4 is 607 up from 540. Still I hate this fucking cunt virus.
GROWLER

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 10:25:57 am »
So do I dear Growler so do I , my hate is such that I must do all I can to defeat its wish to grow and subsume me. Having had it for so long I know that it attacks in ever so many ways and to be blunt doing our heads in is just one off them.

I am relieved and happy that from reading your most recent posts you are planning to get a permanent place to live and then be settled enough to begin any medication regime that may be necessary ? Is that right I hope it is ,From my stand point your CD4s are fantastic , I am assuming CSF is a Brain /fluid/blood test? As your immune system gets stronger will the CSK reading get weaker?

To experience the things you are experiencing is indeed fucking scary, but you are fighting to get a handle on them dear heart and I for one feel that this period off your life will be just that a period one which you will use to make your present
better. So keep on keeping on
love theyer/michael
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.