Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:50:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 392
Total: 392

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: A Little Vent/Rant  (Read 1505 times)

Offline RobbyR

A Little Vent/Rant
« on: February 03, 2013, 04:44:45 pm »
Have a little rant/vent to get off my chest. Hopefully some can relate to me..I have been poz for several years and have it under control and am taking meds for it now. I am the healthiest I've ever been overall and I have a lot to be thankful for. I spent a few years in denial before I sought treatment and didn't want to admit it to myself. I went to parties, sex gatherings, where drugs were abundant, mostly meth, cocaine, or pills. In those situations, everyone else there was doing them, so I experimented to fit in as it were. I figured what the hell. I never shot up with anything, and wouldn't say I was ever a full-blown addict, but definately became a recreational user, when opportunity presented itself. Mostly I used at sex parties. Of course I regret this now because I had some dangerous experiences where once after an all-night meth binge with these guys I hardly knew I went to a friend of theirs house to come down off the meth, took a hit from what I thought was a bong but it must have been spiked with something because I passed out and hit my head and knocked out. I came to in a strange house, around strange people. I remember them talking about me like "let's just dump him somewhere", and finally I was able to tell them to take me to a friend's house.

Anways I didn't learn my lesson from that and continued recreational use of meth and coke and weed for a few more years. I didn't have any more bad experiences until I met this one guy who I knew socially and went over to kick it with him and smoked meth. I guess I finally did way too much because I got extremely high and stayed that way. I felt like I was having severe panic attacks and my heart didn't stop racing for days. Two days later, I woke up and started having what I thought was a partial seizure, so finally I went to the ER. They said I nearly had overdosed on it. Well that was my rock-bottom moment. I told myself I was going to face my HIV status, seek treatment, and never use drugs again. I have  been clean & sober since 2009!

What I would like to rant about is some peoples' comments about drug users. Having been a user myself, I know now I was trying to not face my HIV status, and also cover up some other issues. But these holier than thou politicians and people who are so quick to demonize all drug users are just plain wrong. Drug use is a painful road, and is VERY hard to come to terms with not to mention the chemical effects of it.

I also hate when people in the media or everyday people still refer to aids and hiv in the same breath. The two are NOT the same thing! Before my diagnosis, I was petrified I might have had full-blown aids, but luckily I did not and ask anyone, including Magic Johnson, hiv is very manageable and NOT a death sentence. Granted, having hiv is not easy due to the treatment side effects and such, but it is not a death sentence. My doctor told me I can expect to live a full, long life. I had a friend who did have full blown aids, but he caught it in time and now is healthy as can be. There is still so much ignorance from people who just don't understand, and also from these thin-lipped Republican bitches who are so quick to judge but a lot of them still go in restroom stalls and tap their feet because they want to get their old shrivelled dicks off. I just wish people would make the distinction more between hiv and aids, and that hiv is in fact a treatable, chronic condition rather than a disease persay.

People should not be so quick to live in glasses and throw stones. Most of my friends I hang with today have no idea I am HIV positive, or that I once used drugs, and it bothers me when sometimes they make a comment about either one of those. I guess that's all my rant for now. Hope some can relate  8)
"I survived because I was tougher than anybody else".--Bette Davis

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline weasel

Re: A Little Vent/Rant
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 09:28:43 pm »

Hi Robby ,

Glad you are doing better with bad habits .
 I can't really relate , never did crack stuff .
 As for people talking about  AIDS and HIV , people tend to be uninformed
 and do not bother to get the  knowledge they need until they have AIDS in their
face and go oops  ???
  Ranting is good !

Be well ,  Weasel
" Live and let Live "

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.