Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:40:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 635
Total: 635

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: cat or dog or goldfish or bf  (Read 11303 times)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
cat or dog or goldfish or bf
« on: August 29, 2011, 06:14:51 pm »
Last year I was thinking of getting a dog.  But there are some weeks in the year with some days when I must be away from the apartment from 730 until early evening.  This is cruel, correct?

Then recently I started looking at cats as a pet.  Here in Switzerland they want people to get 2!  

And I looked at how to cat proof an apartment and it looks so very expensive to screen all the windows. Big windows with old fashioned casement frames that open into the apartment and no screens.  All the websites say you have to screen ANY window that would be open and I like to open windows in every room, at least once a day.  So that means screens in every room and over the entire window - because they are casements, there is no such thing as a window just open a crack.  

Plus the balcony.  The entire balcony would have to be screened in, for an "apartment cat"? I am not sure this is even allowed.  I don't see it very much at all around town. Does this mean Swiss people let cats on the balcony without complete screening?  Or they never let cats onto the balcony?

So then I was thinking, maybe a dog is actually more possible than a cat.  If I got an apartment breed.

Can a dog safely stay in an apartment for hours with open windows?   (But closed balcony door?)

I don't remember this being so difficult when I was younger and lived in Brooklyn.  My roommate had a big stray dog she adopted.  Stayed at home 5 days a week all day.  And we left the windows open in the summer, for sure.  Was this just reckless??

Maybe I need a goldfish.... and a bf.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Since2005

Re: cat or dog or goldfish or bf
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 06:48:23 pm »
Get a dog first, Dog is a man's best friend!! I like big dog though. I also like cats, love bf ( though only had one of those..lol) but yaa...of all of these.. I would vote for dog!!! So, here is my list..

Dog -> Cat/Bf -> Bf/Cat -> Goldfish  :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 06:51:36 pm by Since2005 »

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 06:51:00 pm »
Hey man.. get one of these little guys: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6E_CYO2tyk&feature=related

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 07:31:14 pm »

Don't get a goldfish, get a betta.   And leaving the dog alone may cause some separation anxiety issues, so unless you like piss in your shoes I wouldn't do it.  I learned this crap on Dog Whisperer.  Cesar Milan would say people like you are part of the problem.  What exactly that problem is, I don't know.  Maybe he's referring to dogs jumping out windows.

I think you should get a rabbit.  They have these dutch floppy something or another things that are pretty cute.  I'm sorry I couldn't give you the exact name, but you should get one of those.

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 07:47:10 pm »

Then recently I started looking at cats as a pet.  Here in Switzerland they want people to get 2!  

that's cute. Why are the Swiss pushing cats?

Plus the balcony.  The entire balcony would have to be screened in, for an "apartment cat"? I am not sure this is even allowed.  I don't see it very much at all around town. Does this mean Swiss people let cats on the balcony without complete screening?  Or they never let cats onto the balcony?

yeah, you would need to screen the windows. But why the balcony? Is there a Swiss law that says the cat must have access to the balcony? A cat would be purrfectly content to be confined to your apt only.

I vote cat. They are low maintenance and get along just fine without supervision.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 08:25:09 pm »

They are low maintenance and get along just fine without supervision.

-Will

Oh yeah, after they almost rip your arm off and give you a rabies scare. 

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 08:32:17 pm »

Oh yeah, after they almost rip your arm off and give you a rabies scare. 

geez, do you people not forget anything? Yes, there was that one unfortunate cat incident, but Im assuming he doesnt intend on getting a stray cat out of a tree.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline klouny

• ~ can you see me now~
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 08:44:52 pm »
 :o
get a dog.  :D
but not those really small, rattly dogs that look like kiddie toys.
get a real dog, something that can trample you.

I like cats, but I'm allergice to them. . . and one of them attacked me once
 :'(
~Strange ideas are Superfluous and unoriginal~

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 08:56:58 pm »
If you decide to get a dog, consider one from the dog shelter.  I guarantee that if you "rescue" a dog, it will never ever forget what you did for it and it's one less dog likely to be killed if not adopted.

And do some research, believe it or not, Great Danes make great apartment dogs.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 04:27:37 am »
Retired racing Grayhounds need very little exercise . I would caution against getting a puppy with those working conditions. Do you have a friend who would agree to be back up?, that's the best way . If you do go for a pedigree read all you can beforehand that goes for titled best friends as well.
theyer
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline mecch

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 05:31:11 am »
Yes, of course, cat or dog would come from the animal shelter!  

When I was reading about which dog, I did finally think I wanted some kind of hound.  I read that too about greyhounds, but then what would be the chance of finding one in a shelter, right?

The Swiss are just saying that IF you want a cat, you should have two cats, not one.  

I guess I could always keep the door to the balcony closed.

Does anyone know the question about open windows if one has a dog alone at home?

Last night I also read about cockatiels and rats.   Anyone ever have either?

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline wolfter

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 07:00:03 am »
There are greyhound specific rescue groups.  It's obscene that there are so many sent to be euthanized once they've out lived their usefullness.  I'm glad you're considering adopting one.  I used to do fostering for "Cause For Paws Rescue" and my heart was always heavy once I had to relinquish them.  My Miss Lily was only supposed to be a foster, but again, I fell in love with her.  Over 10 years now and she has been the most awesome dog ever. 

A better option might be to contact some different groups and indicate that you're looking for an older dog.  It's sad when people are forced to give up their pets for various reasons. 

If you're truly wanting a cat, I'll gladly trap several strays and pay to ship them. :) 

Good luck with the hunt.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 10:40:07 am »

Last night I also read about cockatiels and rats.   Anyone ever have either?

Cockatiels make great pets.  If you go this route try to find a bird that was hand fed as a chick, it will be much easier for you.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 10:54:15 am »
Please don't get a dog unless you are prepared to spend time with it and exercise it daily. They are pack animals and don't do well when left alone. You can certainly have a dog in an apartment just make sure you have a place to walk it.

I had a neighbor who had a large dog he kept in an 8x10 chain link kennel in his back yard. He fed and watered the dog and that was it. I never saw him walk the dog, play with the dog or let the dog out of the kennel. The dog was obviously friendly and wanted to play whenever it saw me. It really made me sad.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 11:09:46 am »

I had a neighbor who had a large dog he kept in an 8x10 chain link kennel in his back yard. He fed and watered the dog and that was it. I never saw him walk the dog, play with the dog or let the dog out of the kennel. The dog was obviously friendly and wanted to play whenever it saw me. It really made me sad.

@ Ford, ya know some people should NEVER be allowed to have a pet , that's just horrible the way some pets are treated, and in most States it's called Animal Abuse , that whole story about your neighbor just makes me sad ::)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 11:12:12 am by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 11:15:37 am »
The way I look at it is I wouldn't want a pet living in any situation that I wouldn't be comfortable living in myself , that's my rule for wether or not its right for me to have one .

I had a friend in Chicago that had two boarder collie's in a two bedroom high rise that never went out side ever that I knew of . He made them pee and crap on his balcony which was just nasty . Those dogs were meant to run so they were very sad and one was neurotic and aggressive . I stopped going over there because it made me want to cry every time . We kept on him until he found a couple in Wisconsin with land for them to run on to take them so all ended well .    
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 11:34:14 am »
I'm a firm believer in not having pets. I'm even getting to the point that I don't even want plants to tend to.

Then again, I don't put up Christmas decorations either. And a boyfriend? Now there's drama.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 05:55:19 pm »
Re dog or bf question, would a hung, not-spayed dog be completely non-pc? Just asking?

Never mind, forget that I even asked.
Andy Velez

Offline Basquo

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 08:26:40 pm »
Re dog or bf question, would a hung, not-spayed dog be completely non-pc? Just asking?

Never mind, forget that I even asked.

Andy, the dog-fucking is over in the racist cartoon thread. And it's a bottom, apparently.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 08:37:02 pm »
I have a dog, a cat, and a boyfriend.   Hmm if I were to rank them....well that wouldnt be fair.  

I wouldn't trade any of them in.   It is true though, don't get a dog unless you are 100% prepared.  They require constant love and attention, must be walked and played with.  Plus, when you go out of town you need to arrange boarding at your local doggy resort.  Kinda like with the boyfriend.  
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 08:55:32 pm »
I vote:  Dog, Boyfriend, Goldfish, Cat

(In exactly that order.)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline mecch

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 08:56:39 pm »
I have an acquaintance who asks people, if he feels they are cool or freaky, if they know of a dog who will have sex with him.  Its completely destabilizing and disturbing when he does this because he told me he really does want to go there.  (Though he says he hasn't yet.....  )  But the cool  / freaks don't know how to respond.  Except ew.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:59:56 pm by mecch »

Offline mecch

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 08:58:40 pm »
I have a dog, a cat, and a boyfriend.  
Must you brag about it!  >:( >:(

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 09:01:09 pm »
with only a few exceptions, most people really should have a pet. The responsibility and companionship of a pet has been proven to make people not only happier (less stressful and more positive) but healthier (low BP etc). And we can all stand to be a little healthier. ;) Many people have tales of how the responsibility to care for their pet has helped them to recover from serious illnesses and injuries.  (Pets, no matter the problems, are almost always guaranteed to be stressful and require less maintenance than a boyfriend. LOL)

I applaud you Mecch, for asking your original question. it's the reason many people end up with the "wrong" pet - because they didn't consider getting an appropriate pet for their situation and location. I saw this all too often when Randy and I had our pet store. Penning a pet up in too small an area, being gone too much of the time, not giving a pet adequate attention/interaction, not having the finances for the care and upkeep - all these are serious subjects to consider.

With open windows, cats would not be appropriate. Depending on the size of your flat, along with distance to an outside walking area, an area for bodily functions, and an area for other exercise are considerations to take in mind when thinking about a dog. While birds may be easier to contain, and less trouble to exercise, unless you chose a specially bred kind and are prepared to devout a lot of attention to the training, you'll probably get less companionship. Fish provide next to no companionship but are very easy to contain and maintain. Fish also are very stress-reducing due to the beauty of their watery habitat and bubbling water from the filter. Small rodents/animals can be obnoxious and/or creepy. Gerbils and hamster are more nocturnal and can be very noisy in the middle of the night. Tarantulas and snakes may be great conversation material but really provide no companionship.

good luck with whatever you choose.  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 09:16:52 pm »
I would be lost with out the Lola BearTM.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline edfu

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2011, 07:15:50 am »
As much as I'd love to get a dog--I've fallen in love with Jack Russell terriers or even small Italian
greyhounds--or even a cat, my landlord forbids it.  Until five years ago, I maintained a 10-gallon freshwater- fish aquarium.  As leatherman points out, it was very stress-reducing just to watch them swimming around.  And the beauty of the lit aquarium with the fish was a delightful feature of my living room.  Unfortunately, after ten years an unknown plague--resistant to every known piscine cure--afflicted the aquarium, and the entire population gradually died.  After all that time this event was too analogous, I couldn't help feeling,  to what happened to all my friends, and I never regained the courage to start a new aquarium.  Even with regular cleaning, the ten-year-old aquarium itself very likely had become irredeemably poisonous. 

I've contented myself now with two African dwarf frogs, which I've named Othello and Iago, for obvious visual reasons.  They live in a 4-inch by 5-inch EcoAquarium(TM) along with a bamboo plant.   
"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline Since2005

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2011, 07:27:09 am »
I have a dog, a cat, and a boyfriend.   Hmm if I were to rank them....well that wouldnt be fair.  

I will tell your boyfriend that! ;D

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2011, 07:52:49 am »
good luck with whatever you choose.  ;)

I luvs my General !!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2011, 08:45:36 am »
with only a few exceptions, most people really should have a pet. The responsibility and companionship of a pet has been proven to make people not only happier (less stressful and more positive) but healthier (low BP etc). And we can all stand to be a little healthier. ;) Many people have tales of how the responsibility to care for their pet has helped them to recover from serious illnesses and injuries.  (Pets, no matter the problems, are almost always guaranteed to be stressful and require less maintenance than a boyfriend. LOL)

Oh man, I'm not so sure about all that any more. After my elderly cat Phlea died last early spring, I decided not to get a new cat as I still had two including one of Phlea's sons. However, a mate of my daughter asked (begged) me to take one of the kittens her cat was soon to have as she wanted to make sure they went to good homes and she was having trouble finding said homes.

Well, of course I said yes. The litter was born on Easter Sunday and they were all males. I agreed to take the black and white one (already have two tabbies) and named him Eggs Benedict in honour of the day he was born (as well as the character in True Blood).

Eight weeks later he was delivered to my door - a sweet little bundle of joy who was a bit overwhelmed by his new surroundings and new companions.

All that changed the next day. He never met a leg he didn't want to climb and ruined at least one pair of my jeans in the process. He ripped and tore anything and everything and frightened the hell out of two middle-aged male cats who were used to holding their own with the rest of the neighbourhood cats. He climbed curtains and ripped wallpaper off the walls. He scratched and bit me within an inch of my life.

I took to asking Fred and Vester "where's that little monster?" and soon Eggs would only answer to Monster. He's a pretty smart little guy and soon figured out who I was talking about when I said monster, so now I guess he's called Eggs "Monster" Benedict.

Now at eighteen weeks old he's still a little terror, still climbing curtains which he is now too heavy to climb and so they often get ripped from their moorings. My house looks like a hurricane goes through every hour, on the hour. Any scrap of paper left lying around gets shredded. Anything on a table or top of the fridge or any other flat, raised surface gets thrown on the floor.

The other day he got into my daughter's bedroom (door accidentally left open) and murdered two of her little stuffed animals. He threw all her photos on the floor and pulled every book off her shelves. He found a box of kleenex and shredded every last one of them. I've still got sewing to do to revive the stuffed animals.

I've had a lot of cats and kittens in my day, but never one as crazy as this one. NEVER!

I've been doing all the usual things one does to discipline a young cat, but he takes no notice. Actually, he does take notice. When I use the squirt gun on him (a tried and tested method that normally works a treat), he just gives me and evil look and goes into another room to wreak havoc.

Don't get me wrong, he does have his moments. He's been fantastic with the litter tray and never uses anywhere else for his business. When he's done "playing" (aka "wrecking the house and trying to kill the inhabitance"), he cuddles up to me or one of the other cats and purrs his little head off. I'm hoping he grows out of his wild streak soon, but in the mean time....

I'M STRESSED OUT AS HELL AND LIVING IN A MESS OF A HOUSE!!!!
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2011, 08:56:17 am »
Ann, your experience with Eggs "Monster" Benedict (love the name) is exactly why my partner said when we first got together that we will never own a cat. Monster seems to be doing his best to keep your life from being boring.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2011, 09:21:04 am »
Ann, your experience with Eggs "Monster" Benedict (love the name) is exactly why my partner said when we first got together that we will never own a cat. Monster seems to be doing his best to keep your life from being boring.

Well, like I said, I've never had a kitten as crazy as this one and I've had quite a few in my life.

I'm trying to type this quietly - he's napping at the moment and I don't want to wake him up, I'm enjoying the peace and quiet! :)

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2011, 09:49:35 am »
Now at eighteen weeks old he's still a little terror, still climbing curtains which he is now too heavy to climb and so they often get ripped from their moorings. My house looks like a hurricane goes through every hour, on the hour. Any scrap of paper left lying around gets shredded. Anything on a table or top of the fridge or any other flat, raised
LOL  :D

We had a cockatoo that was nearly that bad. "Vanity" (we were still on the kick of naming our animals after girls related to Prince. I mean it was the late 80s ;) ) could get out of her cage no matter how many clips, wires, vice grips, etc we put on the cage. She chewed ceiling tiles, curtains, couches (the same couch our cocker Appollonia chewed through the side to get to her ball a year earlier), papers, dishes, anything she could get too. She would even hop across the floor, bite the cat and fly back to the top of her cage. You know something's wrong when the bird is trying to eat the cat! We had her for 3 years, till one day she chewed through the screen of an open window and flew away.

Eggs (great name! love TB) sounds like a handful. But don't think of having him as stressful. He's keeping you young and vibrant chasing him around and cleaning up the messes. He's just trying to keep you from leading a sedentary life.  :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2011, 09:58:24 am »
Monster sounds like he and my son Ben's Boris, aka Boreo, could together destroy the world. Ben added Boris to his menagerie about 5 years ago. He's finally settled down some but he still goes on tears.

Ben has 2 cats and his dog Luna, who is a wonderful mixed breed he saved from the streets about 6 years ago. Luni is one of those point eared, pointy nosed dark creatures who lookes like she evolved from  an Egyptian pyramid tomb via Australia. Wonderful being. She is in heaven when together with both Ben and me and goes into her joyful to the max twirling dance.
Andy Velez

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2011, 10:33:51 pm »
Why would you need to get 2 cats?  1 is fine by themselves just leave tv or radio on when you leave. 

Pet order should be cat, dog, goldfish, boyfriend.  Subject to change if the cat eats the goldfish or the dog eats the cat. :)

You can always get a ferret, they are so cute.

Michelle 8)
How to handle stress like a dog:
If you can't eat it or play with it.....
then pee on it and walk away

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
01-23  CD4 32    VL 125,400
02-18        76     VL 189
03-14  no cd4 test done   VL-52
04-14   69  VL-UNDECTABLE  YEA!!
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
2012  CD4  %Thing   VL-UD
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
2013   CD4   %thing       VL-UD
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
2014   CD-4  %thing   VL-UD
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline mecch

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2011, 07:45:57 am »
If I were rich I would get a full-time maid!

I'm going to the shelter next week to learn more about cat or dog, responsibilities.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 08:12:18 am by mecch »

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2011, 07:53:55 am »
I'm going to the shelter next week to learn more about cat or dog, responsilities.

The unconditional love a pet will give is worth it.  They are great company and I would bet that you will know exactly which one is the right one to bring home.  Best of luck with it 'Mecchie' !

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2011, 08:28:36 am »
Why would you need to get 2 cats?  1 is fine by themselves just leave tv or radio on when you leave. 

Personally, I would never have less than two cats unless you're home more than you're not. The few times I've had only one cat, they've always turned a bit neurotic through being home alone. Never had the same problem when they've had a kitty companion - or a dog companion, for that matter.

If I were rich I would get a full-time maid!

C'mon now, we all know you really mean houseboy! ;D You could keep him outside in the shed, like Matilda does. ;)

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline mecch

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2011, 08:41:39 am »
Would be a man or woman.  No houseboy, ick!  And manservant sounds doubly icky.
Battle-axe maids are the best.

Yes two cats, as Ann explains.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 08:54:01 am by mecch »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2011, 08:56:20 am »
Would be a man or woman.  No houseboy, ick!  And manservant sounds doubly icky.

Just teasing! :P

Battle-axe maids are the best.

Most battle-axes I know would make YOU do the cleaning! ;D

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2011, 05:35:11 pm »

I luvs my General !!

I'll see your General sleeping and raise you a cat-in-a-backpack :) (My Matt-Matt loves backpacks)

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2011, 07:00:23 pm »
I'll see your General sleeping and raise you a cat-in-a-backpack :) (My Matt-Matt loves backpacks)

Matt-Matt !! Awesome pic..he's found the perfect place to get away from it all. 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.