Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:13:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773204
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 572
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 529
Total: 530

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Disturbing police comment  (Read 5672 times)

Offline Cliff

Disturbing police comment
« on: May 04, 2011, 12:37:58 pm »
I was reading these comments and couldn't let it go without expressing how disturbing they are....particularly with using an infamous police action (Rodney King) quote as a peace offering for making offensive comments about killing criminals.

I'm usually on edge (when I shouldn't) around police officers and seeing these comments here reminds me why.

For REAL what's with all this koombayah SHIT I'm glad the motherfucker is DEAD too    I'm an ex cop, and we used to shoot & kill douche bag criminals just to save the tax payer's the money........

SHit the jail is full and so is the prison system, there aint no fucking room  for nobody
go ahead and kill, lie & steal, you be justified in the END  

And your a train-wreck, but I must admit, I just can't look away form this  train-wreck, matty I do love your humor, it's too bad that you don't get any of mine, but yet you want everyone to get yours, can we all get along here   RODNEY KING  93     you can hate me if you want , but I still love you tho

Very poor taste.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
Re: Disturbing police comment
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 12:42:59 pm »
I was reading these comments and couldn't let it go without expressing how disturbing they are....particularly with using an infamous police action (Rodney King) quote as a peace offering for making offensive comments about killing criminals.

I'm usually on edge (when I shouldn't) around police officers and seeing these comments here reminds me why.

Very poor taste.

And you live in the UK  :o PRICELESS  :D but yet you speak of poor taste  ;D PLEASE
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 12:56:01 pm »
Heh.

And you live in the UK  :o PRICELESS  :D but yet you speak of poor taste  ;D PLEASE

Cliffie does live in the UK. But he manages to be in one week more man that you can be in a life time.

Now Dennis you said these things:

For REAL what's with all this koombayah SHIT I'm glad the motherfucker is DEAD too    I'm an ex cop, and we used to shoot & kill douche bag criminals just to save the tax payer's the money........

SHit the jail is full and so is the prison system, there aint no fucking room  for nobody
go ahead and kill, lie & steal, you be justified in the END  

And your a train-wreck, but I must admit, I just can't look away form this  train-wreck, matty I do love your humor, it's too bad that you don't get any of mine, but yet you want everyone to get yours, can we all get along here   RODNEY KING  93     you can hate me if you want , but I still love you tho

So why don't you own them?

Mark my words queen, you will wear what you have said like a crown of thorns.

MtD

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 12:57:10 pm »
And you live in the UK  :o PRICELESS  :D but yet you speak of poor taste  ;D PLEASE

I'm afraid you do yourself no service by attacking people in the UK as tasteless . It becomes very hard to walk back statements like you have made , if I were you I would stick to your apology about your unfortunate statements before you get in deeper ... just saying .  
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 01:02:23 pm »
When you're in a hole quit digging.

Offline denb45

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 01:08:40 pm »
 Yes, I said those things SO WHAT! if any of you in here are afraid of police, then you must be doing something that you shouldn't be doing, most law aiding citizens aren't afraid of there local law enforcement also I'm an ex Cop not a current one, and I haven't worked in that field in 15 yrs.  call it poor taste if you like
but a lot of you have never been in the Military, and have never been in law enforcement, so there for none of you know what that was like, and Matty Yes, I did say that  :-*   I didn't re-start a defunct thread ciff did this not me, can we all just move on form this anyway, I'm Willing to not bring it up again, is not helpful for anyone here.....

THANK YOU ALL  ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 01:13:03 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Cliff

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 01:13:30 pm »
if any of you in here are afraid of police, then you must be doing something that you shouldn't be doing, most law aiding citizens aren't afraid of there local law enforcement
You are a piece of work.  What an outrageous thing to say.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 01:14:40 pm »
Yes, I said those things SO WHAT! if any of you in here are afraid of police, then you must be doing something that you shouldn't be doing, most law aiding citizens aren't afraid of there local law enforcement also I'm an ex Cop not a current one, and I haven't worked in that field in 15 yrs.  call it poor taste if you like
but a lot of you have never been in the Military, and have never been in law enforcement, so there for none of you know what that was like, and Matty Yes, I did say that  :-*  

Yeah Dennis, we know you're an ex cop. You've already told us that:

I'm an ex cop, and we used to shoot & kill douche bag criminals just to save the tax payer's the money........

Since you're in such a reflective mood why don't you tell us who you killed?

Just to save the "tax payer's" the money.

MtD

Offline denb45

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 01:17:28 pm »
Yeah Dennis, we know you're an ex cop. You've already told us that:

Since you're in such a reflective mood why don't you tell us who you killed?

Just to save the "tax payer's" the money.

MtD

Sorry matty, I'm not going there  :-* but thanks for asking tho  ;)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 01:21:40 pm »
Sorry matty, I'm not going there  :-* but thanks for asking tho  ;)

Well ain't that a shame!

You had such a big fucking mouth before but now you've shut up like a clam.

You're not half the man you claimed to be.

Tell me Dennis, do the folks you killed call out to you in the night? Y'know, when you're all alone with what we might loosely call your "thoughts"?

Do they Dennis?

What about their families? The people they left behind -- do you ever think of them?

Inquiring minds want to know. :)

MtD

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 01:22:12 pm »
but a lot of you have never been in the Military, and have never been in law enforcement, so there for none of you know what that was like, and Matty Yes, I did say that  :-*   I didn't re-start a defunct thread ciff did this not me, can we all just move on form this anyway, Willing to bring it up again, is not helpful

THANK YOU ALL  ;)

Having had my front teeth knocked out at 18 because I smiled when the cop said not to I guess could make me a criminal I suppose.  And the night I pulled into my yard at 3 AM after pulling an all niter at work only to be harassed  for 2 hours was extremely appropriate.....I guess making the extra 50 cents on the night shift must be breaking the law.  Then there was the time I stopped at a gas station so my then wife could buy a pack of smokes, a cop ran up to me and told me to move my car out of the parking lot.   I told him my wife was inside buying a pack of cigarettes and the next thing I knew I had a taser in my face.

Beat downs, illegal searches..... and I haven't broken a law in almost 24 years.

The problem is some of these cops couldn't even make it as a bagboy at the local grocery store with their people skills let alone upholding the law for all of us good folk.

While Cliff may live and work in the UK, he was born and raised here.  It's rare to hear a gripe from Cliff-- my memories bad, but I think this is a first.  And  might I add, it's legit.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 01:26:33 pm by skeebo1969 »
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 01:22:36 pm »
An apology for those awful comments is certainly due, Dennis.  I was really surprised to see them coming from you (who is usually a pretty peaceful guy).  I am not a big fan of law enforcement (especially after making the big mistake of briefly dating one circa 1997, and going out briefly with a fella who worked at a correctional facility), even though I have NEVER had any issues with the law.  So stop projecting in an attempt to defend your worthless statements.

I will also add that I have two very dear female friends who work in that field.  Both of them wonderful police officers with a level of integrity that could never be questioned.  They have never needed to resort tho the awful things that you described, and much less bragged about any time when they had to use force or violence.  Your comments actually gave meaning to some of the stereotypes that some civilians have of them.  Attempting to display either toughness or patriotism by giving us a horrific statement of things that you did in the past does not help you and it vilified others by association.

It shouldn't be so difficult for you to see why Matty and others took offense to what you wrote.  Likewise it should be too hard to simply apologize instead of furthering bad opinions while attacking Cliff on this thread.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 01:26:23 pm »
I live in Miami, where police corruption and abuse of power by them is rampant.  In the past 6 months there have been 7 police involved shootings of African-American men ---- 6 of them unarmed.  

On Miami Beach, a gay man was attacked by the police for nothing more than walking down the road.  Video was taken of the incident which clearly showed the police approach him - 4 of them - make remarks about his sexual identity and proceed to kick the shit out of him.

Video of Hollywood police (Hollywood, Florida) from the dashboard camera showed a police car hit a parked car at a stop light.  The driver of the car that was struck was given a sobriety test and then arrested for DUI.  The police in the video can be clearly heard saying that they are going to play "a little Walt Disney" with the situation and make it be the fault of the driver whose car struck.

I was the victim of a robbery at gun point two years ago - called the police from my partner's house - the police interrogated me as to my relationship with my partner - made rude and disparaging remarks about me being gay - and didn't do a thing to try to catch the person who robbed me.  I actually had to go and get the video tape from the landlord of the building and take it to the police station and talk to the Chief to get any action taken.

I constantly see police officers put on their lights to go through traffic lights, speed and ignore other laws --- they seem to think they are above the law.

I guess if I follow Dennis' line of thinking that those who may (emphasis on "may") commit a crime should be shot then I should also be of the belief that the only good cop is a dead one.  Fortunately, I don't believe that - in spite of the abuse of power I personally witness by police on a regular basis.
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 01:28:51 pm »
I have an uncle and two cousins that are cops. They are conservative, good ol' boys. I've heard them say plenty of things I disagree with, but I've never heard them say anything like this. In fact they say taking a life is the most traumatic thing a cop might have to do. The last thing a cop would want to do.

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 01:33:09 pm »
if any of you in here are afraid of police, then you must be doing something that you shouldn't be doing, most law aiding citizens aren't afraid of there local law enforcement also I'm an ex Cop not a current one, and I haven't worked in that field in 15 yrs.  call it poor taste if you like
but a lot of you have never been in the Military, and have never been in law enforcement, so there for none of you know what that was like, and Matty Yes, I did say that  :-*   I didn't re-start a defunct thread ciff did this not me, can we all just move on form this anyway, I'm Willing to not bring it up again, is not helpful for anyone here.....

Scared of the police, military service all this bullshit has nothing to do with police being judge and jury as expressed in this quote:

I'm an ex cop, and we used to shoot & kill douche bag criminals just to save the tax payer's the money........

Police who have this attitude have no business in a uniform.  The job of police is to protect the public and enforce the laws.  They are not in the business of deciding who is guilty or innocent.
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 01:42:38 pm »
So tell me Dennis, what are you going to do?

Are you gonna listen to these good people? Skeeter, the Rev, Cliffie, Aunty D, Jeff, Phil and Woodsy?

Or do you wanna take your chances with me?

Choose carefully.

Whilst you may not regret making the wrong choice, you will both rue and lament it.

And that's a fucking iron clad guarantee. :)

MtD

Offline denb45

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 01:57:13 pm »
I'm being quiet cause the mods ask me to, twice both by Andy & Ann, and I'm going to respect that, maybe we all should do the same here  ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 01:59:46 pm by denb45 »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 02:03:09 pm »
I'm being quiet cause the mods ask me to, twice both by Andy & Ann, and I'm going to respect that, maybe we all should do the same here  ;)

Yeah, you're probably right. It's about time you kept your cock-holster closed.

MtD

Offline denb45

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 02:04:58 pm »
Yeah, you're probably right. It's about time you kept your cock-holster closed.

MtD

:-*

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2011, 02:14:17 pm »

C'mon dude, use your probable cause!!!  I'm certain an apology would be the exception to that request however, at this point, how believable it is would be the question....
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2011, 02:14:47 pm »
:-*

You know Dennis, there's only one thing worse than a cheap thug and that's a suckhole.

::)

MtD

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 02:15:20 pm »
I'm being quiet cause the mods ask me to, maybe we all should do the same here  ;)

I'm not jumping into the fray to stir the pot, but just wanted to say that it should be understandable why some people have their specific perceptions of law enforcement when they have been subjected to such actions outlined in the aforementioned posts.

I was talking to a friend of mine (who lives in the midwest) just the other night on the phone in an attempt to catch up after being out of touch with him and he told me that he had been mugged.  So, of course, I was alarmed, and wanted to know the disposition.

He basically explained he had taken the bus home from work and was walking through a well lighted gas station to get home when he got jumped by a gang of young boys.  He called the police and the only thing they did was drag him back to the scene of the crime, put him on display under those bright ass lights at the gas station and acted as if they couldn't wait to flee the scene.  He said they barely took a statement, didn't ask if he needed medical assistance, despite the fact, you could see he was bruised.  Basically, they swept it under the carpet as if it didn't matter that he was attacked.  I'm sure to them he was just another fag who got what he deserved.

I got mad just listening to what he was telling me.  And I'm just as mad reading all of the posts here outlining what happened to our fellow comrades.  Yes, I do know that not all law enforcement officers are out to perform random acts of brutality just because (they feel a badge says) they can - but these events are not rare.

And another sad thing: it's not only limited to men

So, not taking sides - but surely you can see how this can be a touchy subject for many people, D.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 02:19:36 pm by Solo_LTSurvivor »
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 02:23:53 pm »
While there's definitely a lot of unresolved stuff here, I need to lock this one up. I just don't see any good coming of this.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 02:28:26 pm »
I was considering commenting upon what I consider the absurdity of this remark by Dennis: "if any of you in here are afraid of police, then you must be doing something that you shouldn't be doing, most law aiding citizens aren't afraid of there local law enforcement."

Instead I am going to acede to the request of a longtime member who has requested this thread be locked before it goes any further south. I don't see any reason to believe it is going anywhere good.

And I don't want to see this "conversation" carried over into a new thread.

Thanks for your cooperation with this request and boundary setting.

There ya go, Tim. You beat me to it this time.

Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.