Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:09:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 337
Total: 337

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: HAS ANYONE SWITCHED FROM REYATAZ, NORVIR AND TRUVADA TO STRIBILD?  (Read 4287 times)

Offline cityboy

My doctor suggested to have less pills this might be a switch to consider.  Has anyone made this switch?    What side effects were there?  I am doing ok cd4 over 900 cd4% 43. 

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: HAS ANYONE SWITCHED FROM REYATAZ, NORVIR AND TRUVADA TO STRIBILD?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 02:07:26 am »
Hi C-boy,..

I am not on your medications. so I won't be able to give you the answer your looking for.

However,...

This is the way I look at that.  If the regimen is working, why switch ?  Your tcell count is great, your % is great, and I am assuming your viral load is undetectable.

Unless the doctor is seeing something in the other blood test ( Kidney, Liver metabolic... ), that may be a result of your current meds, I say " Why Switch?"

Other than the pill count, ( and co-pays ) Are you currently having any intolerable side effects from your current regimen ? Are you having difficulty, with the number of pills you currently take daily?

Another thought:
I am not sure what you co-pays currently are, but if you decide to switch, you may want to find out first, what the co-pay is for Stribild.

You are already on Truvada, so the two medications that are in Truvada, ( Viread and emtriva) are also in Stribild, so basically no change there.

The other two medications in Stribild are:

Elvitegravir which is a integrase inhibitor

Cobicistat, which is a Pharmakinetic Enhancer.

You will be changing out your protease inhibitors for the two listed above.

So,  :) while I have not answered you question, once again I ask why fix something that isn't broke. and make sure you know what the co-pay is for Stribild,if you decide on this, depending on how you get your medications.

It may be less expensive, than the meds you are currently on.

Hopefully you will get the answers to the initial question you asked !  ;)

Take care---Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline cityboy

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 07:53:31 am »
thanks Ray

Offline Rhaegar

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 03:44:50 am »
I recently switched in August from Truvada/Norvir/Prezista to Stribild.  It was a way to cut down on copays for my medications.  I was viralogically suppressed when I made the switch, and things have been fine since. 

My doctor did check my kidney function (mainly GFR) before starting my treatment.

As for side effects, the only thing I was notice dutring the first week or so is brief dizziness when I would wake up.  That dissipated within 5 minutes and didn't affect the rest of my day.

-Kevin
05/19/2011: Diagnosed.  CD4 159   VL 284,000.
04/29/2013:  CD4 789,   VL <20

Offline geobee

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 03:03:13 pm »
I'm thinking of switching b/c it's cheaper.  1 copay instead of means I save $840 a year.

Offline Schnauzer

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 12:14:21 am »
I switched from Atripla to Stribild.  In almost every way the switch has been hugely positive.  I no longer have constant brain fog, no more crazy dreams and I seem to be emotionally much happier. I've had no noticeable side effects at all from Stribild.

The cobicistat in Stribild seems to be having a slight negative effect on my kidney function.  Although there is some evidence that cobicistat causes the test results to be skewed while the kidneys are actually functioning fine, my new ID doc has chosen to be cautious and is watching the situation closely.  She may suggest a med switch in January when I have my next appointment.

Hope this helps - at least a little.
One good turn gets most of the blankets.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.