Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:45:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 651
Total: 651

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Driving Ms. Joseph  (Read 4116 times)

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
Driving Ms. Joseph
« on: September 24, 2007, 07:39:20 pm »
Today I woke up only to discover a patch of eczema on my forehead.  Hooray!  I should have gone back to bed immediately, but I began the hydrocortisone cream adventure once again, and decided to cheat with a bit of tinactin cream - just for good measure - after all, I've won this game before.  I then left for work.

My memories are still exceptionally vague on the matter, though my fragmented recollection does involve a hot man with broad shoulders, a goatee, a commanding voice, sweat, humidity, the hour of 4:30 a.m., and a deep visceral feeling I haven't been able to shake - all day.

I sit now, reminisce of my day's adventure, cocktail in hand, digesting the pre-vicodin non-coital shame to which I had succumbed prior to beginning my workday. 

God bless my stress free job - working as a Health Club Receptionist (and no, I didn't go to school for this).  My only hope is that I seemed sincerely insincere with my well wishing and the painfully managed compliments I doled onto the health club members - seemingly oblivious to the drama that made me 15 minutes late for work, and made the emergency vicodin for the viral lesions in my throat seem to smooth away the entire work routine.  Did I mention that it's only my fourth day at work??  I'm destined to be employee of the month, no doubt! :)

But, again, I digress, and task brings us back to the topic at hand, where we find ourselves, once again, at the obscene hour of 4:30 a.m., with the hot man, and that deply visceral feeling.

Evidently, someone ran a red light.  At the hour of 4:30 a.m., who pays attention to such things? 

I'm told that I T-boned someone.  Ironically, it seems such a sexual term.  Despite the sweat, the humidity, the hot man, his cute goatee, and the terribly straight-looking shorts that he was wearing as he jumped from his car yelling expletives at me, this was one 4:30 a.m. encounter from which I would find no orgasm (until maybe later tonight).  Sadly, his shorts made his legs look wirely chicken-like, and perhaps that was my motivation in askiing him, mid expletive if he was alright.

Who would have thought that concern for one's well being would have allowed me the opportunity to share my cell-phone with him?  I wouldn't!  We seemingly bonded as he asked me if the reason I ran the red light was because I was on the phone.  For a moment, through the portals of our eyes, our souls met.  I wanted to say 'yes', but I didn't want to lie to him, after all... this was our first encounter.  And honesty is so terribly important in such situations.

After the police left us, again, to be alone, I watched him wait, briefly, in the darkness of the shadows - for his tow-truck to come.  Until, of course, the police reminded me to move my recently demolished ex-boyfriend's car from the middle of the intersection.  Unortunately, it was still driveable.  So I couldn't wait in the darkness with the man I had T-boned with wanton, and wreckless abandon.  But the police gave me his number when he wasn't looking.  God bless those men in bluel!

So, now that the anxiety is over, and my fragmented recollection of the event is coming into crystal clarity I think that tonight I'll sleep well.

And tomorrow, when I wake, eczema or not, I hope to rise to the challenge of my environment - but only after, of course, my ex's boyfriend drives me to work.

-Joseph
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 05:31:59 am by Strayboy74 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Re: Driving Ms. Joseph
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 08:57:46 pm »
Wow, what a story....How much was your ticket? That shoulda brought you back to reality. ;)
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 09:09:19 pm »
Wow, what a story....How much was your ticket? That shoulda brought you back to reality. ;)

Strangely, I didn't get a ticket...  who would have thunk??

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 09:23:32 pm »
So while changing the radio, you hit a car...driver is gay and you have hot sex..cop slides you old boy's number and no ticket....Well I be damned, hoodwinked, and bamboozled...
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 09:26:04 pm »
So while changing the radio, you hit a car...driver is gay and you have hot sex..cop slides you old boy's number and no ticket....Well I be damned, hoodwinked, and bamboozled...

Actually, it's all true except the gay driver/hot sex thiing.  Unfortunately, it was just a twisted fantasy. :)

Although he was hot, and I was flattered to get his number...  he had ABSOLUTELY NO interestest in me. :(

Did I forget to tell you the part where Barbara Streisand came dancing down the street singing "It's raining Men!"???

LOL

-Joseph

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 09:54:22 pm »
Joseph Honey,

It seems like you just moved there.   :o  And... you already have an ex- boyfriend, wreck his car and he drives you to work?  These Iowa men must be special... Are there any more?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Have the best day
Michael

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 09:56:41 pm »
Joseph Honey,

It seems like you just moved there.   :o  And... you already have an ex- boyfriend, wreck his car and he drives you to work?  These Iowa men must be special... Are there any more?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Have the best day
Michael

My ex is from a relationship that is approximately 10 years ago. :)  LOL

-joseph

Offline lucas clay

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 10:11:52 pm »
Glad to hear you are allright

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 10:26:16 pm »
But the police gave me his number when he wasn't looking.  God bless those men in bluel!

There was this hot lookin cop in my neighborhood in L.A.  He always smiled, waved and made me feel special and I thought he was very nice.  When I moved away to Lake County, I began utilizing Planet Out to find available men in my new community.  One night in sheer boredom, I cross referenced the men in my old Los Angeles zip code.  That cop was in there, looking for the love of his life and all I could think of was "Why didn't you hand cuff me when you had the chance".
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Have the best day
Michael

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.