Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:24:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 621
Total: 621

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: coinfection immune damage no antibodies  (Read 4484 times)

Offline frankie1978

coinfection immune damage no antibodies
« on: March 20, 2011, 01:49:57 am »
5 months ago I had un protected sex with a person who might have hiv. Than later had sex with a person who has cmv. now 5 months later im having really bad symtoms. burning hands and feet . rash all over my body. dry nose. dry eyes. blurry vison.consitpation. which are signs of cmv when you have aids. I read the ehen you hiv/cmv it speeds up to aids. I had a hiv test came out negative but i still think I hAVE aids/cmv and im going blind cant get any help because im not testing postive for hiv yet. my regular blood tests are very high as doctors says thats a sign of infection.But they cant help me till hiv is postive. ive reqd online that people who have aids dont test postive for hiv.I need help on how to prove to the doctors so i dont go blind im soo desprate please help me on how i can prove them i feel my whould immune system going down.

Offline RapidRod

Re: help might have full blown aids in 5 months
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 04:03:51 am »
Read the lesson section on transmission.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: help might have full blown aids in 5 months
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 06:00:22 am »
Frankie,

Provided you've tested negative at three months past this incident of unprotected intercourse, then you do not have hiv. Coinfection with CMV doesn't change that.

Keep working with your doctor to find out what is going on. If your hiv tests are negative, then hiv has nothing to do with it.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline frankie1978

can anybody tell me if this is a bad blood test signs of aids
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 01:55:33 pm »

result                  limits

cd4 helper                          741                   359-1519

cd 4 pos helper                   46.3                   30.8 58.5

wbc                                  10.2                    4.0 10.5

rbc                                    4.95                   4.10 5.60

hemoglobin                        15.0                  12.50 17.0

hematocrit                        44.5                  36.0-50.0

mcv                                   90                     80 98

mch                                  30.3                  27.0 34.0                        lymphs are low and neutrophils

mchc                                 33.7                   32.0  36.0                                are very high

lymphs absolute                  1.6                       0.7 4.5

neutrophils                         77                       40 73 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: can anybody tell me if this is a bad blood test signs of aids
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 02:04:48 pm »
Nothing other than an HIV specific test can answer you accurately about your HIV status.

As Ann said, if you have tested negative at 3 months or more then you are HIV negative.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 02:05:17 pm »
Frankie,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

One definition of aids (as opposed to just being hiv positive) is a CD4 of under 200, so no, you do not have aids. I wish I had as many CD4s as you do. Get a grip, that number is terrific.

You have not yet told us how long after the unprotected intercourse you tested negative. As I told you earlier, if it was three month or more, then you do not have hiv.

The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks, with the average time to seroconversion being only 22 days. A negative result at six weeks is highly unlikely to change, but must be confirmed at the three month point.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline frankie1978

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 02:10:38 pm »
sorry about that. but just wanted to know why my lymphs are low and my neutrophils is soo high and my nurse said when the cd4 percent is high theirs a sign of infection

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 02:20:11 pm »
Frankie,

When a person has hiv, the CD4 and CD4% tend to be low.

You still have not told us how long after your incident you tested.

The ONLY way to know your hiv status is to test at the appropriate time. Nothing in your CBC is going to tell you your status. If you want to know why certain numbers are the way they are, you'll have to ask your doctor.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline frankie1978

coinfection immune damage no antibodies
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 09:07:33 pm »
Ive been sick for months and doctors dont know whats wrong with me .Ive been in and out of hospitals for months and no one knows with wrong with me.my girllfriend has cmv from a liver transplant and I cheated on her 6 months ago with a woman with hiv unprotected. And than went back with my girlfriend and kept reinfecting each other with cmv/hiv shes on antiviral meds for the liver.Than a couple months later I started to get real sick . Buning hands and feet ,night sweats,red rashes all over my body that turned into dry skin that will not allow me to sweat anymore,floaters in my eyes with very dry eyes cant cry anymore night blindness. massive headache that goes down my neck.shortness of breath.numb hands feet and when i wake up I feel very week. I lost 60 pounds in 2 months and cant eat any more when I dont eat I feel better.when I do eat I  cant get air flow and start to go numb. And I started to have mental problems . Ive taken plenty of hiv and cmv tests all negative for antibodies and my immune might soo badly damage where I dont produce antibodies because of coinfection.I have no insurrance and alot of doctors dont even want to talk to me because of it. I feel soo sick and in alot of pain if anybody knows what I can do I live in south florida near Ft lauderdale where they have the worst hiv cllincs . I feel soo week and sick that I dont know how long I can grip on . im the only one that knows this. I cant even go outside because of my brething problems . I ask someone please tell me what to do  im all out of options 

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: coinfection immune damage no antibodies
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 09:15:44 pm »

You must keep all your thoughts questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us follow your story and allows us to give you the most accurate advice.

If you cannot find your original thread, please click the red link I have posted above. Alternatively you can use the "Show own posts" link which appears in the uppermost left hand column on any forum page.

Your questions will not be answered unless you return to your original thread

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with the posting guidelines.

Please note I mean the thread I've linked to above, not the thread you started in Living With HIV.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: coinfection immune damage no antibodies
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 06:59:25 am »
Frank,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You don't have hiv. YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV.

I'm sorry you live in a part of the world where health care is virtually non-existent when one does not have health insurance, but that isn't going to change the fact that YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV. 

You've been posting in areas of these forums where you are not permitted to post. Keep doing it and you'll find yourself banned. This is not negotiable. Read the Welcome thread as you've been asked to do and abide by the rules found there or be gone.

YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV. Either move to a state with better public health care or find a doctor who will work with you to find out what, if anything, is actually going on with you. Whatever it may be, it is NOT hiv. YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.