Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2024, 03:57:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772965
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 192
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 119
Total: 119

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Our new cat!!!!  (Read 10243 times)

Offline idee

• Hi...
Our new cat!!!!
« on: October 23, 2014, 08:26:15 pm »
We went to the shelter today and found Geo. He is seven months old. This is the closest anyone of us has been able to get to him since we brought him home three hours ago. My daughter's favorite color is black, (She knows black is absence of color, but in visual art it is defined as a color), and this cat made eye contact with her. He spent three hours listening, smelling, watching, and finally chewing on my papasan chair. We had to put my chair in the work room. I understood Geo would have some destructiveness already. I'm not upset.
Here is Geo with my daughter.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:32:03 pm by idee »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Our new cat!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 08:57:50 pm »
That cat is wearing camouflage .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 09:05:23 pm »
We went to the shelter today and found Geo. He is seven months old. This is the closest anyone of us has been able to get to him since we brought him home three hours ago. My daughter's favorite color is black, (She knows black is absence of color, but in visual art it is defined as a color), and this cat made eye contact with her. He spent three hours listening, smelling, watching, and finally chewing on my papasan chair. We had to put my chair in the work room. I understood Geo would have some destructiveness already. I'm not upset.
Here is Geo with my daughter.

Here's the picture. I tried to post the picture earlier and it did not work. It's what I get when I try to type while eating some raw cookie dough. Geo is cute! The mood in our home has changed already. 
I can not wait to get Geo his little Christmas stocking and hang it on the mantle with ours. Yes, I am having it personalized for him!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:13:54 pm by idee »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 09:26:23 pm »
I'll never understand cat people.

Cats are snakes with fur.

MtD

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 06:01:58 am »
I'll never understand cat people.

Cats are snakes with fur.

MtD

What I do is train myself to read Puppy when I see Kitten and Dog when I see Cat,

Idee I am pleased that your family has grown to include Geo, go slow with him and apparently he will acknowledge your existence in 2 months to 2 years.

As you can tell I am a Friend off the Dog .

Mitch though receives on going psychological  care for his love off Cats.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 07:30:08 am »
Cats are ghastly things. My neighbour's cat would sit wailing like a banshee outside my bedroom window. At 11:00 clock at night.

Until it accidently got poisoned. Turns out dimethoate is terribly toxic for cats.

People can be so cruel.

MtD

Offline mitch777

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 06:06:52 pm »

Mitch though receives on going psychological  care for his love off Cats.

Was a dog guy but alas circumstances have changed and counseling is temporarily needed. It's been over 8 months now and still confused. Medication may be needed.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 08:13:56 pm »
Good luck with your new cat in his new home ! love to see people get shelter animals. I'm a dog guy but , but am an animal lover . so cats are OK as long as they are not in my house.

OMG.. starting to sound like Mr Fucking Rogers.....might have to change my user name.  I have two dogs. both terrier mixes  ,and love them dearly , take them swimming in the bay daily as long as the weather holds. no swimming this week .....Nor Easter since Monday.

anyway good luck with your new kitty  !!!
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline initforlife

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 08:23:27 pm »
Hey Bubba  lol whats wrong with  Mr rogers?  my child hood was all about him among others. Would you? Could You be my neighbor?   ;D
sometimes it is best to say nothing at all. then to offend

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 08:27:20 pm »
 I sure as hell would ! Good neighbors and friends are everything....
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 08:28:25 pm »
I like it here .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline initforlife

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 08:33:41 pm »

Offline mitch777

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 08:39:38 pm »
Cat chat always soothe the soul. (tee he)  :)

Offline initforlife

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 08:45:59 pm »
Should tell y'all a cat nip story. I was at my daughters house she had the green stuff in a bag on top of frig. I took it down and was looking at it smelling it think omg someone has weed in her house.. (I haven't smoke or had weed in years so forgot the smell) turns out it was cat nip for the cats. Yep here is my sign. I really need to get out more! lol

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 08:53:24 pm »
Now I'll have to get a cat to explain what's on top of my fridge
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline initforlife

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 08:55:16 pm »
Now I'll have to get a cat to explain what's on top of my fridge
LMAO

Offline initforlife

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 09:05:09 pm »
next questions is Bubba do you share your cat nip?

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 09:19:52 pm »
Of Course !   Can't smell no Roses on my front porch
Though sometimes you smell a little skunk meandering around
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline britchick

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2014, 03:11:22 pm »
idee,

Geo looks so cute!!!Thanks for adopting him.I now have 6 cats living next door to me!!!!I love every cat.

britchickxx

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2014, 04:07:10 pm »
idee,

Geo looks so cute!!!Thanks for adopting him.I now have 6 cats living next door to me!!!!I love every cat.

britchickxx

We were going to an adoption for a rescue cats. Only the adoption people wanted to come check our home, a 3 day adoption waiting period would start after the home inspection, I had to bring proof of income for all working adults, have a veterinarian already, make an appointment with a vet for neuter, they would drop off our cat for the appointment, the adoption fee was $80.00 plus other fees making the adoption of a rescue cat around $160.00. We would still have to purchase food, cat littler, ect...
I wanted to adopt from a shelter from the beginning only my daughter liked one kitten she saw in the pet store.
I finally explained that a shelter animal is euthanized it not adopted. She quickly decided to adopt at a shelter.
When we walked in to the shelter we had to walk past the dogs in cages on both sides. She had the beginning of tears. When we walked through the door to the cats she was crying. I had to hold back my tears.
Geo has a nervous temperament. He allowed my daughter to put his collar on Friday night. It has a little bell and his name tag on it. He is also micro chipped so we don't have to put the two other tags on his collar.
Geo is adjusting quick. He looked for my daughter on Friday when she left for school. He looked under her bed, on top of her bed, and finally sat there meowing until I came to pick him up. He loves attention. He even climbed up to the table and started eating off my dinner plate. He likes my oven roasted potatoes.
Two nights ago I discovered he loves to play at night. I was on my laptop. He decided he needed to lay on my keyboard. I removed him more than ten times. He also likes to be cradled when held.
He watches over my daughter while she sleeps. When she comes into a room he runs to her.
My husband and I have been extremely happy with Geo as well. He has brought joy to our home.
Strange thing is my husband is a dog person. He loves animals though. So he has adjusted to Geo already.

Offline Cinnamon Dalia

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 07:58:05 pm »
Aw, cats are adorable! I'm totally a cat person. I like dogs, but they're just not for me.

Kittens, 100%!

Here's Pazuzu, my cat! :)

Offline mitch777

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2014, 08:25:09 pm »
Aw, cats are adorable! I'm totally a cat person. I like dogs, but they're just not for me.

Kittens, 100%!

Pazuzu looks so sweet! Beware! There are those here that, well... have other ideas.

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 09:11:41 pm »
Pazuzu looks so sweet! Beware! There are those here that, well... have other ideas.

ojo    Hi Mitch...I{m affraid of cats because of Toxoplasmosis, Am I wrong for feeling this way?...my sister has three cats and I try not to go to her house...I will appreciate any feedback or some lesson...hugs   ojo

Offline Dan0

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2014, 09:16:42 pm »
Unless you're paying far too much attention to the litter box than a houseguest should, you're likely in the clear:

Here Kitty Kitty....click here
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 09:21:28 pm by Dan0 »
"Honey, you should never ask advice from a drunk drag queen who has a show to do." - JG

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
10/2013 Stribild Still UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2014, 09:27:57 pm »
Unless you're paying far too much attention to the litter box than a houseguest should, you're likely in the clear:

Here Kitty Kitty....click here
      ojo     thanks DanO....how about the air in the house, the circulation of the air, furnace or air conditioner?...sorry for my ignorance, I've been meaning to ask my dog's vet about it, but I always forget, I'm getting old, well, I'm old, lol...thanks again..hugs   ojo

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2014, 09:31:17 pm »
      ojo     thanks DanO....how about the air in the house, the circulation of the air, furnace or air conditioner?...sorry for my ignorance, I've been meaning to ask my dog's vet about it, but I always forget, I'm getting old, well, I'm old, lol...thanks again..hugs   ojo
Tonny, just don't eat kat ka ka :P

Offline Dan0

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2014, 09:48:51 pm »
The parasite finds a home in a cat from garden soil or from ingesting it from a wild animal....mice. So, if your sister's cat is a real house cat and hasn't seen the yard for years, and if her house isn't a prime feeding ground for kitty to find mice....good to go. You really have to come into contact with the feces and that just doesn't happen. I hope.

About the only thing my cat gives me is a look of disdain.  Then again, if it ever did see a mouse it would probably hide IN the litter box.
"Honey, you should never ask advice from a drunk drag queen who has a show to do." - JG

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline initforlife

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2014, 09:59:52 pm »
LOL Tony2 I was just going to add if you are spending more time around the cat litter box then with your sister. Then I'm afraid you have some other issues and might need to get that checked out there is no app for that!  Ok my sick sense of humor coming out again.

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2014, 10:05:56 pm »
Tonny's not the only one, I got two cats at home and after my dx, I just don't hug them like I use to... Hell, I don't even look at the kitty litter :P

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2014, 10:11:04 pm »
The parasite finds a home in a cat from garden soil or from ingesting it from a wild animal....mice. So, if your sister's cat is a real house cat and hasn't seen the yard for years, and if her house isn't a prime feeding ground for kitty to find mice....good to go. You really have to come into contact with the feces and that just doesn't happen. I hope.

About the only thing my cat gives me is a look of disdain.  Then again, if it ever did see a mouse it would probably hide IN the litter box.

ojo   Thanks DanO for taking the time to educate me....you are so funny, my dog does the same when he sees a cat,lol...hugs   ojo

PS my sisters cats vet will let her know if they sre infected, right?

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2014, 10:14:00 pm »
Tonny's not the only one, I got two cats at home and after my dx, I just don't hug them like I use to... Hell, I don't even look at the kitty litter :P

ojo    You are so funny, I don't even know where the box litter is, and being legally blind, it might even be beside me, everytime I go to visit her, lol    hugs     ojo

Offline Dan0

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2014, 10:23:57 pm »
here

Here are some veterinarian tie bits on how to take precautions. Only a test will confir, but usually for indoor cats it's remote.

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2014, 10:29:42 pm »
here

Here are some veterinarian tie bits on how to take precautions. Only a test will confir, but usually for indoor cats it's remote.
So as I read "here", it seems that I've been maybe exposing myself as I've been eating sushi :-\

Offline Dan0

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2014, 10:33:55 pm »
Yes....

And I've eaten eggs that were in a basket by the stove on the farm
I've drank tap water in most large cities
I've swallowed gum
I went for decades without hand sanitizer
I've showered at the gym without flip flops and and a shower mat

Did we ever hear of this twenty years ago? About the only bad thing a cat could give you back then was fleas.......and attention.

...and I'm still alive.

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2014, 10:45:12 pm »

What a bad little kitty >:(... Please take it away, its trying to kill me :o

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2014, 01:06:49 pm »

Kittens, 100%!

What do you mean Mitch?  As long as the beast is pinned down by some kind of A/C unit like hers is it's totally safe to be around.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2014, 01:23:57 pm »
What do you mean Mitch?  As long as the beast is pinned down by some kind of A/C unit like hers is it's totally safe to be around.

No, I think its a laptop and I'm sure the creature is totally capable of escape, so run for your life!!!

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2014, 01:34:37 pm »

ojo      If your cd4 is ok, do you still have to be worry about toxo?

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2014, 01:40:40 pm »

ojo    hey guys, help!!!...I want to upload a picture of my dog, and I don't know how, grrrr...so you cat lovers will see what a cute dog is, lol...hugs    ojo

Offline Cinnamon Dalia

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2014, 02:04:37 pm »

No, I think its a laptop and I'm sure the creature is totally capable of escape, so run for your life!!!

Hahaha, it is a laptop and the beast was able to move freely.

You just can't see it because of the angle ;)

Offline initforlife

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2014, 03:29:59 pm »
lol I can't believe some of yall are scare of a little pussy. Really almost I'm so disappointed really thought you liked pussy's ummm the cats of course! ;)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.