Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:22:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 228
Total: 228

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: songs and cover art locked down. cd's burning now! no pics till the amg tho  (Read 64222 times)

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
For those who are attending Montreal, please feel free to suggest a song for the 2006 CD compilation.   Our dearest friend, red ronnie,  originally pioneered this for 2005 as a collection of songs that mean something to each of us.

It's  time to put together a new compilation cd of music.... tracks will likely be limited to about 18 songs due to space limits.... but this is your chance to suggest a song that means something special to you.  I don't know if i'll have them available at the gathering or just a single copy for playing at the meet&greet, but it will be included with the dvd i send you all.

Now, this is a blatent copyright infrigement thing, so shhhhhhh.   or is it being creative with creative commons licenses :P

Anyways, suggest the song that means the most to you lately.   Something that maybe empowers you and 'gets you through the day'.

There will be no votes but I will try to accomodate all of your requests in this compilation, but it does have limits (about 18 songs to a music cd)... Or just make your own :)  These are just songs that ring true to us and have personal meaning.

This was a great part of last year, though not directly related to the AMG.

for simplicity sake.. could you suggest one for the cd... certainly name others that means something... but I'm gonna go with the first one each person posts... first cum first served... i think.. well.. unless it sucks in my arbitrary elitist opinion    i guess we can then stop for the completely unofficial cd, but continue it for personal downloads

regarding my elitist opinion, I don't care if it's country or rock or pop... just that the lyrics have a message that may be meaningful to us.   If a song has special meaning to you... don't be afraid to post a bit about WHY it has special meaning for you.

if you can provide a full title and artist that is great.   If not, I can probably search for it, but I won't know for sure it's the song you picked even if i do find it.  so that may make it less likely to be included... just sayin...  especially if I don't see any meaning in it.   If you also have a song, I can be contacted via several messaging services... so if you have a hard copy of it, you can just send me the bitch and there will be NO confusion.   otherwise, you are left to my lackluster searching capabilities  

Please, Please try to include an artist and full song name..... I'm not trying to be picky but say... a song by the name of 'love' isn't gonna help me find it.   Please edit your posts if you find the fuller titles of them 

i really want to include some sound and/or video of people saying what these songs mean to them... and why it means something... this is totally personal... there is no right or wrong answer....

please note I plan on only including people on the cd who actually attend.   sorry if that's sound mean or harsh, or wrong, but there are limited spots... and I'm still going with the idea that it should be the first 18 or so who post.... feel free to edit your posts... I would prefer if a video might be available for download on one of the services like limewire.... or if you have a link for the video for download.... all the better.

I hope to conduct some one-on-one interviews/confessionals up there... sit hould take just a couple mins per person, but i want to include these thoughts to give background to why it means something to THAT person... and it should mean something... what it means is up to you... just that it have meaning.  Really, I'd be looking for a paragraph of voice/text to describe the songs and what it means to you.

Songs without meaning at all might be discluded... traditional songs like 'we are family' don't necessarily need description but i'd like it anyways.   even a voice clip of people.  

For the dvd, i'd like to include videos of all the artists and songs if possible, that's alot harder than finding the basic songs on download, but i'll try.

I'm still forming ideas myself, so bear with me... but keep posting your songs.... because we all love new or newish songs or even oldies, to dowload.

edit: SEE THE UPDATED LIST AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS THREAD

Now for the UNofficial list thus far:  (and I still can't guarantee this if I can't find the individual songs (if I can't I'll PM you)

p1:  Wicked "For Good"  Dancerboy
2:  Amy Steinberg "Exactly" jewelPRG
p3:  Peter Gabriel "Don't Give Up" Oscar
p4:  George Curtis "Oh happy Days" Robert
p5:  Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram "Somewhere out there" Heartforyou
p6:  James Blunt "You're Beautiful"  DingoBoi
p7:  REM '' Everybody Hurts" The Canuck
p8:  Man of La Mancha "To Dream the Impossible Dream"  Ric Wilke
p9:  Sister Sledge "We are family"  Alanbama
p10. Maxwell "Lifetime" Cliff
p11. Tina Turner "The Best" Rab
p12. Kelly Clarkson "Breakaway"  Trish
p13. Aretha Franklin "RESPECT"  Lisa
p14. Chicago "if you leave me now" heartforyou
p15.Jimmy Buffett "Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season" lou-ah-ville
p16. Aaron Nevill  "I don't know much" anniebc
p17. Rufus Wainwright "Hallelujiah" jkinatl2
p18. as space permits - Coldplay "Clocks" David25luvit
19. as space permits
20. as space permits
p21. as space permits - Nita Whitaker "Another Beautiful Day"

p is for 'has been pirated'.   Aarghhhh.

If I screwed up or missed someone who is attending, please let me know... wine is not my friend.  I'm not sure of who all is attending so if I listed a song and you aren't attending, it will eventually be replaced with a choice of someone who is /sorry :(

Feel free to change your choices till then.. .I might too :)  I plan to really finalize this about August 1.  If we get alot, and I mean alot more suggestions than can fit, we may do some type of vote thingie, but I'd prefer not to.

7/17 EDIT:  i'm really really closing suggestions out as of this friday july 21.  I think we are full now and I need to start churning and burnign... I plan to have 50 disks available for the meet & greet for whoever is attending and send some copies via mail to special people like ann, who can't attend.  i expect some 40 or so people attending.   do we have a nubmer including locals?  

My goal is to include as many songs as possible, but I am limited by the media (if i have to cut a song it will be canucks... it's 7 minutes long and while in french... most of us just won't get it no matter what... i can edit it to reduce the extremely long musical intro but since it's still in french, which most of us don't speak, the meaning is lost on most of us.. and this cd should be about meaning.  I'd suggest that you canuck propose a new song as a contingency.

I hate making decisions like this cuz i feel like i'm fucking somebody over or not respecting them.. (i've also emailed two people about their songs and they have been replaced because they lacked 'meaning' or emotion).

I know I can't please everyone, but i'm trying.  But as some say, I'm just a 'fucking snob'.

Ultimately it will really be decided by what 'fits' phsycially on the cd and what 'fits' having some emotional reason to include it.

I hope you all understand that and respect my hard choices without faulting me for it or being hurt because that is my farththest intention.  Even the two people i messaged, i wrote a book to them about it and constantly reiterated I felt like shit having to do that.

My only real requirements ever were that the song you suggest mean something to you personally and have some 'emotional' meaning.

Frankly, I'll say I'm not fond of alot of songs on here that have been suggested.  But it's not my place to pick and choose what i like for the cd.  The reason i emailed those two was to check if they had some emotional attachment to it (which both responded they didn't), so i removed them.

I know I MIGHT  screw up but, if i do, please forgive me, I'm not trying to hurt anyone, but just put together something nice. 

« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 06:40:17 pm by DingoBoi »

Offline DancerBoy

Re: The official 2006 Montreal Music CD
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 01:06:53 am »
Bailey-  there is a song from Wicked that I think will sum up the event perfectly called " For Good"

Leave it to me to suggest a showtune.  What a fag.... :-)  Give it a listen and see what you think.

-D
Boys are Stupid

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 01:24:53 am »
Jonathan just sent me this fabulous CD of music he put together. I doin't know who the artist is, but there is one very special song I listen to over, and over again. I have to wait for him to come up for air, and then wait to see if he'll either answer his phone or check his PM's (like those things will ever happen)
On second thought, I have this really cool CD, but I don't know who the artist is. I'll have to bring it so you can hear it.
~sigh~
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Oscar

• 20 Years POZ
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 02:07:03 am »
Artist Peter Gabriel
CD-So

Don't Give Up

in this proud land we grew up strong
we were wanted all along
I was taught to fight, taught to win
I never thought I could fail

no fight left or so it seems
I am a man whose dreams have all deserted
I've changed my face, I've changed my name
but no one wants you when you lose

don't give up
'cos you have friends
don't give up
you're not beaten yet
don't give up
I know you can make it good

though I saw it all around
never thought I could be affected
thought that we'd be the last to go
it is so strange the way things turn

drove the night toward my home
the place that I was born, on the lakeside
as daylight broke, I saw the earth
the trees had burned down to the ground
don't give up
you still have us
don't give up
we don't need much of anything
don't give up
'cause somewhere there's a place
where we belong

rest your head
you worry too much
it's going to be alright
when times get rough
you can fall back on us
don't give up
please don't give up

'got to walk out of here
I can't take anymore
going to stand on that bridge
keep my eyes down below
whatever may come
and whatever may go
that river's flowing
that river's flowing

moved on to another town
tried hard to settle down
for every job, so many men
so many men no-one needs

don't give up
'cause you have friends
don't give up
you're not the only one
don't give up
no reason to be ashamed
don't give up
you still have us
don't give up now
we're proud of who you are
don't give up
you know it's never been easy
don't give up
'cause I believe there's the a place
there's a place where we belong
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 06:12:35 pm by Oscar »

Offline Robert

Re: The UNofficial 2006 Montreal Music CD
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 10:45:56 am »
OH HAPPY DAYS by George Curtis

a very spiritual and uplifting gospel tune.

robert

(and Danny, I love SHOW TUNES!!!)

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 02:01:58 pm »
Remember the threads about Concrete Blond and The Smiths?

Just sayin..
Meh.

Offline BubbaPat

• Bubba hugs!
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 02:44:33 pm »
Okay...

I know I'm not going but suggest you listen to these anyway.

Nobody's Hero - RUSH - on Counterparts album
I Sing For You - on CAMP soundtrack
Here's Where I Stand - on CAMP soundtrack

Bubba hugs!!
Bubba Pat
Bubba hugs!

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 04:57:41 pm »
Bailey,

I love the Linda Rondstadt song "out there, under the same old sky"... don't know the title

Rainbows from Karen Carpenter

Reunited from Peaches and Herb

Home form Michael Bubble

Love never fails from Jim Brinkman

Just my two cents

Hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 02:04:38 am »
parsed and reposted in original topic.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 09:34:51 pm by DingoBoi »

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 02:06:27 am »
reserved for my own submission:   which i haven't quite decided on yet :P

James Blunt "You're Beautiful"   Watch the video on yahoo music
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 01:43:29 am by DingoBoi »

Offline heartforyou

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2006, 07:33:52 am »
"Somewhere out there"
by Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram

This songs expresses my gratitude for having found you guys and much more.

Hermie
Song was sent to me by Rich.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 12:10:23 pm by heartforyou »

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 12:38:09 pm »
DingoBoi,

Since the gathering is in Montreal and it's a very Frenchy place, then I think it must include at least one '' French '' track. Obviously it wouldn't be easy for the English speaking to understand it much, yet I think there's one most American knows and recorded by Grace Jones in the early 80s if I remember correctly. The title of the song is '' La Vie En Rose ''. It was originally recorded by Edith Piaf ( France ) in the late 40s / early 50s I think, and although this is the best version of it ( for a French that is ) the Grace Jones' version has a '' disco feel '' and better known version, for Americans that is.

So my choice would be : La Vie En Rose by Grace Jones

The Canuck

P.S. This one is for ya' Rocky...in case you don't know the loose translation of this title is '' The Life In Pink ''...this is TOTALLY you.   :P

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2006, 07:16:08 pm »
Bailey,

Way before your time, but an all time favorite for Thom and I.  The Dead Kennedys,"Too Drunk to Fuck."

Ric

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 10:26:35 pm »
How about a fav of some of us from the 'disco era' :

We Are Family by Sister Sledge
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006, 10:59:54 am »
Shit, I could think of a thousand...

How about "White Punks on Dope."  The Tubes

John
(who doesn't see the music CD as sleep music)

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006, 09:37:41 pm »
parsed and reposted in original topic.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 09:35:40 pm by DingoBoi »

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 12:09:48 am »
Dingo

Limiting us to 1 choice sucks. 

I can't do it, but after much (and I do mean much) thought, I've limited it to one artist.

Tina Turner.

Song choices in order:

1.  The Best--because it moves me and I believe its true of every one of us who are living with HIV to the "best" of our abilities.  If you opt for one of my suggestions, this would be the one I hope for.

Edited to remove suggestions 2 - 4

RAB

(Who was torn between many and hates he can't include Patti LaBelle, Elton John, Rod Stewart, and so on and so on.)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 12:28:41 am by RAB »

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 02:02:18 am »
i don't want to... but space limits on a music cd dictate that... 18 songs about.... i think it more fair to limit it to one person per song... than to include multiple songs per person..... that way i get 18 people's suggestions here rather than 10-12.   

I know it sucks, but suggest the song that means the most to you, in relation to the AMG.   

i can include a list of songs suggested with the unofficial cd from this thread... but for the cd, i can only include one song. 

This is to be all inclusive... if I don't get 18 songs suggested, i'll come back and fill in with others you all have suggested in addition to your primary song

Offline Trish

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2006, 06:57:12 pm »
Hi Bailey,

What a wonderful idea...

Here is my song suggestion:

"BREAKAWAY" by Kelly Clarkson

My reason(s):  One day in November or December (not sure which, if even it was one of those months, whatever...) when I lived in NY, I was driving home from the ID doc, and I wasn't in a good place as far as my mental & emotional state was concerned.  My thoughts on this day were about "how do I get myself out of this rut I was in and kick the feeling of being stuck."  My mind was racing to a million different things, and for a very long time, especially since joining AM and meeting some of you in Toronto, I've had this strong need to "come out."  I've always thought about all the stories you all have about fearing disclosure because of the stigma and discrimination & those stories have stuck with me.  As I was driving along on the Belt Parkway in Brooklyn, thinking of all of these things, I began to shed some tears.  And there it was on the radio, like a beacon of light, Kelly Clarkson's song "Breakaway."  I became so hysterical, my eyes clouded with tears, that I had to pull over.  I listened to the entire song and cried like a baby.  It was at this moment that I truly knew I had to do something, but still wasn't sure what it was I was supposed to do.  I posted about this incident when it happened, and it became clear that it was my time to come out publicly.  I realized it was time for me to get over my fears...it was time to disclose to the world.  I love this song, and it is my theme song...

And it goes like this: (thank goodness I'm not on Audio singing this, I suck.)

"Breakaway"
by Kelly Clarkson

Grew up in a small town
And when the rain would fall down
I'd just stare out my window
Dreaming of what could be
And if I'd end up happy
I would pray

Trying hard to reach out
But when I tried to speak out
Felt like no one could hear me
Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here
So I'd pray
I could break away

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly.
I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky.
Make a wish, take a chance,
Make a change, and break away.
Out of the darkness and into the sun.
But I won't forget all the ones that I love.
I'll take a risk, take a chance,
Make a change, and break away

Wanna feel the warm breeze
Sleep under a palm tree
Feel the rush of the ocean
Get onboard a fast train
Travel on a jetplane
Far away
And break away

I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky.
Make a wish, take a chance,
But I won't forget all the ones that I love.
I'll take a risk, take a chance,

Buildings with a hundred floors
Swinging with revolving doors
Maybe I don't know where they'll take me
Gotta keep movin on movin on
Fly away
Break away

Though it's not easy to tell you goodbye
Take a risk, take a chance,
But I won't forget the place I come from
I gotta take a risk, take a chance,
Breakaway
Break away

I found it fitting for me & my life.  And, besides, this is the one and only song that I would ever suggest for this project... Next year, I hope to have a different one though.

Thanks for doing this Bailey.

Love,

Trish :-*
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2006, 08:53:11 pm »
Bailey,

I'll be glad to give you a paragraph on why I like We Are Family so much

I am a product of the 'disco era'.  I love 70's disco music, having lived it first hand.  I used to go disco dancing every weekend, and even entered a contest or two.   I saved one disco shirt, it is silvery metallic thread.

Even though this song came out near the end of the era (it was '79 I think), it is still pretty reflective of the times.

I like We Are Family as much now, or even more than I did when it first came out.   This group of folks (A.M.) truly is a family, in every sense of the word.

Hugs,

Alan
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 08:56:59 pm by AlanBama »
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2006, 09:14:23 pm »
will you bring it to Montreal?   You can be the 'shiny shirt guy'  ::)

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2006, 09:22:40 pm »
Indeed DingoBoi..with his Southern accent and this shirt on...he'll be the shining star of the Village.  :P

The Canuck
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 09:24:21 pm by The Canuck »

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2006, 09:53:28 pm »
rick... as the puritannical censor, I must frown upon your choice of songs... As the slut, well.. that's just sad... that's when being a versatile bottom comes in handy :P

and on that note...

if I did screw up, please post a message here rather than pm'ing me... so i won't miss it.... you can pm me a week later to slap me when I still haven't changed it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 10:11:11 pm by DingoBoi »

Offline DancerBoy

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 02:22:04 am »
I still stand behind FOR GOOD from Wicked.  It think it is the perfect song for the situation.

GLINDA
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you:

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

ELPHABA
It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend:
Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
But because I knew you:

GLINDA
Because I knew you:

BOTHI have been changed for good

ELPHABA
And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness
For the things I've done you blame me for

GLINDA
But then, I guess we know
There's blame to share

BOTH
And none of it seems to matter anymore

GLINDA ELPHABA
Like a comet pulled Like a ship blown
From orbit as it Off it's mooring
Passes a sun, like By a wind off the
A stream that meets Sea, like a seed
A boulder, half-way Dropped by a
Through the wood Bird in the wood

BOTH
I do believe I have been changed for the better?

GLINDA
And because I knew you:
ELPHABA
Because I knew you:

BOTH
Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.
Boys are Stupid

Offline Lisa

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 03:05:33 am »
You named the song I was talking about!!!!
James Blunt "Your Beautiful"     so technically, #2, and #6 are the same.

There are several of his songs on this CD, but I like that one best.

However........We are Family gets my vote hands down.

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 08:28:18 pm »
DingoBoi,

The reason for my choice of the song '' La Vie En Rose '' from Grace Jones

#1 I think we need a little something in French, but still interesting to Americans as she does a little part in English. This my main reason for this particular choice.

#2 This is a nice love song .

#3 It was a hit in 1977 ( disco time ) and obviously several attendees of AMG06 lived it ( inclduign myself ).  ;)

Here's a video of the song ( introduced in German...possibly from German TV ) for those who never heard the song, or remembering it ( brain fog ) .  :o

http://youtube.com/watch?v=modA9aa_ihA&search=Grace%20Jones

The Canuck

Offline Cliff

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2006, 08:35:32 pm »
t

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 08:37:13 pm by Cliff »

Offline Ric Wilke

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2006, 10:52:14 pm »
Dearest Bailey,

I withdraw my nomination.  The Dead Kennedy's might be a bit over the edge for even our group.  Please free up your CD space and honor the disco era.

Hugs man, Ric

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2006, 11:04:44 pm »
Hey Ric,

Don't see why you shouldn't keep your track ? I mean it can't be an all disco thing.  ::)

The Canuck

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2006, 02:59:40 am »
ric, so you know, i was teasing... about the f word... it's fine for inclusion in the cd.... i haven't heard the song and dont' know what it's like but I trust all of you to only suggest something worthy.

Now, if you wish to modify and change your submission to another song, that is fine.   I will keep that spot reserved for you as long as i can...( basically all of june and july)

If you really want to change that, i t's fine... if you want to keep i t, it's fine.  But i will not write you off as a submissor in any event... if you really don't like the song for the amg... pick another.. .your spot is here...

Offline Ric Wilke

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2006, 06:56:28 am »
Okay Bailey.  I withdraw my previous withdraw.  My original nomination will stand.  "Too Drunk to Fuck" is once again my suggestion.

Offline Optimistic

• An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctors Away!
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2006, 05:51:50 am »
I wish I could make the trip, unfortuantely I will be in school during the gathering....but I have suggestion for a song you guys might like....

By: Peter Cincotti
Song: Some Kind of Wonderful

All you have to do is touch my hand
To show me that you understand
And something happens to me
That's some kind of wonderful
Anytime my little world turns blue
I just have to look at you
Everything seems to be some kind of wonderful

I know I can't express this feeling of tenderness
There's so much I wanna say
But the right words just don't come my way
I just know when I'm in your embrace
This world is a happy place

I know I can't express this feeling of tenderness
There's so much I wanna say
But the right words just don't come my way
I just know when I'm in your embrace
This world is a happy place
Oh wonderful, some kind of wonderful
12/06 (Atripla): cd4 - 260; cd% - 33%; vl - 169
1/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 267; cd% - 38.1%; vl - 132
4/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 373; cd% - 33.9%; vl - <50
7/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 287; cd% - 35.8%; vl - <50
9/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 356; cd% - 39.5%; vl - <50
12/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 517

Offline DancerBoy

Boys are Stupid

Offline heartforyou

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2006, 09:47:02 am »
Oh my god.

I had tears in my eyes when I heard "for good" from "Wicked".
It is so beautiful, so true, so inspiring.

Can I download it somewhere from?

Still having goosebumps....

Hermie :'(

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2006, 07:33:31 pm »

I second DancerBoy's nomination for the Wicked song, "For Good".  That is a great song.  (Although "What is this Feeling?" is my fave from Wicked)   ;)

I can't think of one of my own.   >:(  My brain is just not working today.   :-\
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2006, 01:52:54 pm »
It needed to be back on top...there are still several songs missing for a complete CD.

By the way Bailey, if there's not too many additions up to August 1st then can we pick another song (extra ) for the CD at the end of July ?

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2006, 02:08:10 pm »
sounds good to me :)

Offline Lisa

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2006, 08:20:01 pm »
I haven't been able to get the great Aretha Franklin song out of my head for about three weeks now. I know I already said that I like 'Beautiful', but nothing seems to fit our group better than

R - E - S - P - E - C - T
            .......sockittome sockittome sockittome

If you don't like it, that OK, just thought I'd toss that thought into the ring.

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2006, 08:26:42 pm »
done lisa :)

Offline Lisa

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2006, 09:04:52 pm »
Careful Bailey....you're fast approaching hero status in my book. ;) :D

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2006, 11:42:10 pm »
psssh... i'm already a hero

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2006, 06:50:23 pm »
Dingo,

Then..perhaps you can add to your intention the song '' Hero '' by Enrique Iglesias ? !!!!  :-X

The Canuck

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2006, 08:17:18 pm »
nah, i'm gayer than that 

I'd have to go with Bonnie Tyler "I'm holding out for a hero" from the Footloose soundtrack  ;D

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2006, 02:50:17 am »
i want to start finalizing the list of songs for the cd.

If you haven't suggested one, this is your last call.

and i mean very last call.  I hope that we can fill up the slots with at least one song from each person.... there are about 18 slots available on a standard cd for songs....

I would have hoped more people who were attending would have suggested songs, but that's ok.. we'll just add songs of people who actually participate and have suggested songs already...

I never imagined it this hard to get songs suggested from about 35 people who are attending.

but since it is... ehh..

ya know .. fuck it..

the slots are now open game for anybody.

suggest a song, if i think it's appropriate in some manner then it's on

prior contirubtors, please submit a second song if you like to fill up the EMPTY in the cd.

Offline heartforyou

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2006, 03:00:16 am »
sweetie,

You have been such a treasure in preparing this CD.

Chicago : if you leave me now

For my fears of being left alone some day without my family

or Do you remember by earth, Wind and Fire

hermie

Offline Lou-ah-vull

« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2006, 12:10:28 pm »
I would like to include "Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season" by Jimmy Buffett.  Wonderful lyrics..especially in the chorus:

"and now I must confess, I could use some rest;
I can't run at the pace very long;
Yes it's quite insane; I think it hurts my brain;
but then it cleans me out and then I can go on."

It's an older song from the 70s... I have an mp3 of it if that will help...not sure how to email it, but can try if you need me to.

Gary  :D
Diagnosed Oct. 2005
10/05:  367 (26.2%), 24556 VL
01/06:  344 (24.6%), 86299 VL
04/06:  374 (22.0%), 87657 VL
05/06:  Began HAART 05/15/06, Combivir/Kaletra
07/06:  361 (27.8%), 1299 VL
10/06:  454 (32.4%), 55 VL
01/07:  499 (38.4%), UD
02/07:  Switched to Atripla 2/8/07
04/07:  566 (37.7%), UD
08/07:  761 (42.3%), UD
06/08:  659 (47.1%), UD
01/09:  613 (43.8%), UD
07/09:  616 (47.4%), UD
01/10:  530 (44.2%), UD
07/10:  636 (48.9%), UD
01/11:  627 (48.2%), UD
07/11:  840 (52.5%), UD
01/12:  920 (51.1%), UD
07/12:  857 (50.4%), 40
10/12:  UD
01/13:  710 (47.3%), UD
07/13:  886 (49.2%), UD
01/14:  985 (46.9%), UD
06/14:  823 (47.2%), UD
01/15: 1366 (45.2%), UD
07/15: 1134 (50.7%), UD
02/16: 1043 (55.1%), UD
08/16:  746  (55.4%), UD
08/16:  Switch from Atripla to Genvoya

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2006, 12:22:34 pm »
''Wish You Were Here '' ( Pink Floyd ) for those who can't attend and no longer with us.

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline richfinsm

• Be better to one another
I Don't Wanna Be A Member of This "Country Club" Anymore
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2006, 10:19:39 am »
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 09:09:37 am by richfinsm »
Positive since 1/85.  Tested positive with full-blown AIDS 5/93.

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2006, 10:56:46 am »
Oh yeah Rich, I LOVE the Rainbow Connection!   Or anything by the Carpenters, for that matter.....

If there's still a slot open, I nominate Josh Groban's You Raise Me Up, in honor of Zephyr....who lifts me up all the time.

Alan (who does like other things besides Disco!)

Offline JewelPRG

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2006, 10:35:47 pm »
Hi, this is Bailey's friend Jenn... and I have got to share an amazing song with ya'll by a local artist named Amy Steinberg. It's called "Exactly" and its awesome. Well, I hope you like it anyway...

check it out here... http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=8618948

See you in Montreal!!!!!!!!!!!  :-*

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.