Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:10:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 241
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 229
Total: 229

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: So scared.....please help!!  (Read 5744 times)

Offline vwseekh

So scared.....please help!!
« on: April 23, 2008, 12:01:40 am »
Thanks a lot for your attention and advices in advance. I am very scared that I got the HIV virus based on my symptoms which exactly are HIV specific. Here is my story.....

On March 28, 08, I had sex with a SW and I think I didn't use condom properly. I put on the condom while my penis was not vey hard and long enough(sorry for my English), then my penis got softer and become much shoter. Then the girl rub my penis against her virgina, and immediately my penis got hard and long, and I put it into her. Then I realized I need to cover the whole penis  and I pull the comdom to the bottom of the penis while my penis was still in her virgina. after finished, I wiped the penis with paper tissue and wash it with water. I think at first time only the head of penis might be covered by the condom untill I pull it to the bottom of my penis. Later on, symptoms has appeared gradually and scared me to death.....

March 30, penis got burning pain with spasm sometimes.

April 3-4, No appetite.

April 5, begin to sweat very often without any reason.

April 7,  sweat, tired.
April 10, leg's mussle often has spasm.

My appetite came back 3 days ago. but I still sweat a lot and tired. I read some stories of HIV people that they all got tired , sweat and have no appetite. I am so anxious that I caught the virus 100%.

Thank you again  and any advices would be appreciated.

Offline vwseekh

So scared.....please help!!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 12:11:03 am »
I will go to have a test on 6 week mark

Offline RapidRod

Re: So scared.....please help!!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 03:22:39 am »
You were never at risk of contracting HIV. The head of your penis was covered and that is all that matters.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 08:50:39 am »
Those symptoms mean absolutely NOTHING in relation to HIV. As Rod has pointed out, the important thing is that soft, semi-hard or hard, the head of your penis was covered by the condom. As long as that is so there's no need for testing. This is NOT an HIV situation.

If your symptoms persist you should discuss them with your doctor. HIV is not the issue.
Andy Velez

Offline vwseekh

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 09:55:12 am »
Hi, andy and rod,

Thank you so much for your advice.

I think head of penis was covered at that time. Otherwise later on I couldn't pull the condom to the bottom of penis when I realized I need to do so. The point is I am afraid that after finished, when I wiped the penis with a paper tissue, maybe I touched some virgina fliud at bottom of penis and made it attached to the entry hole of the pinus. I just did it in roughly. How silly I am !!! And also maybe when I took a shower, maybe some of virus that didn't die yet got through the hoe of penus. I am so warried and desperated.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 02:53:02 pm »
HIV is a fragile virus and not easily transmitted. Touching the head of your penis with a cloth or tissue which may have had some vaginal secretions or in a shower absolutely is NOT even remotely the kind of receptive setting in which HIV is transmitted.

Read this carefully: YOU ARE WORRYING NEEDLESSLY. This was not a risky incident. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline vwseekh

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 02:04:48 pm »
Hi, andy,

Thank you vvery much.
But the symptoms never go away, so I'll have a test at 6 week mark

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 02:29:32 pm »
Go ahead and test if you need to strictly for peace of mind. Collect the inevitable negative result. This is NOT an HIV situation.
Andy Velez

Offline vwseekh

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 07:31:55 pm »
HI, Andy and all other friends,

Thanks a lot for the precious advices.

I had a rapid test on the 40th day(5 week and 5 days), and the result is negative. The nurse asked me to come back and restest at the 13 week mark. I know that  6 week negative result gives roughly 90% guranttee. But the fatigue is still with me. I will go to see my family doctor tommorrow to discuss with him.

Recently I often feel thirsty and I know it is from my anxiety. I need to stop worrying and get to do some exercises.

I still have the deep feeling that I got the virus becauce of such sweating and fatigue I never had before, but I am not very scarred about it as before, due to reading a lot of positive posts in the forum. 

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 07:34:19 pm »
VW,

You're not listening to us.

You are going to test negative because you were never at risk in the first place. You do not have HIV infection.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 08:30:18 pm »
"A deep feeling"? Fortunately feelings are not facts and you have absolutely no basis in HIV science to be concerned about HIV in relation to the incident which brought you here.

Testing was never necessary and no further testing is necessary.

If you have troubling symptoms discuss them with your doctor. As for your "feelings," that's what therapists and other such professionals are there to help you with.

This is NOT an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline vwseekh

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 04:29:08 pm »
Hi, Andy, Matty and all,

Thank you all for the responses.

I am not really sure whether I used the condom properly at that time. I had rapid test at 40 days and was negative and only two days shy of 6 weeks. Is there any difference between 40th day and 42th day? I read a website somewhere else that a guy turned positive at 35th day that is very close to 40 days.

I often feel pain under armpits and joints and other limps. And I often think that the sweat and extreme weak I experienced before were not merely caused by my nervousness. Although you all told me that I would be fine and no further test necessary, I still am planning to have another rapid test on Friday or next Monday. That will be 2 months after the exposure. I am so scared that this time it will be turned positive. If it is negative, it will give me a huge relief. I pray god to give me a chance. No matter what the result is, I will let you guys know.

I am still worried.  I know anxiety could caused some damages to the body, and I should stay off my computer and go on my daily routine life  Sometimes it is just hard to do it.

Thank you all again.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 04:37:36 pm »
VW,

It doesn't matter when you test because you were not exposed to the virus. Your test results will be negative. If you feel ill, you should see your doctor.

Please be aware that you won't be permitted to make endless posts here about non-risk situations. You should take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with our posting guidelines.

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.