Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:23:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 362
Total: 362

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Traveling abroad (outside the US) with your medications  (Read 4175 times)

Offline Suntropic98

Traveling abroad (outside the US) with your medications
« on: September 06, 2006, 03:37:57 pm »
Are there any restrictions when going to Europe if you're HIV+??? Also, are you allowed to bring your meds with you when going abroad? I'm worried my meds might be confiscated at customs when I enter some EU countries.

Offline Val

• Praxitèles -- Satyre au repos
Re: Traveling abroad (outside the US) with your medications
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 05:18:33 pm »
You should be worried with your meds when going back to the good ol'U.S.A., not Europe!  There is no restriction whatsoever  in the E.U. for Poz visitors. As usual, though, you should have your meds labeled with your name and/or your doctor''s prescription stating that the meds are for you.

Val
___
___
Arthus Bertrand
http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/yann2/affichage.php?reference=TVDC%20YABFR084&pais=France
Ali Mahdavi
http://asyoudesireme.online.fr/index.htm
Richard de Chazal
http://www.richarddechazal.com/
Daniel Nassoy
http://www.danielnassoy.com/pages/galeries_portraits_2.html
Photography:
The word comes from the Greek words φως phos ("light"), and γραφίς graphis ("stylus", "paintbrush") or γραφή graphê, together meaning "drawing with light" or "representation by means of lines".

Offline Eldon

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 05:39:05 pm »
Hello Suntropic98, it is Eldon.

It has been a while since I last heard from you. However, it is a good thing that I am hearing from you now. As far as your travels are concerned, I did a little research and I found some information which should be very helpful for you:

http://www.aegis.com/topics/travel.html

It covers the In's and out's of Traveling With HIV. Enjoy your trip!

Have the BEST Day!

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 09:43:42 pm »
You shouldn't have any problems at all.  Just make sure your pills are in their bottles and labelled.  Also, keep them in your carry-on.  If they lose your luggage and your pills are in there, you've had it.

robert

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 10:11:29 am »
Hello Suntropic98, it is Eldon.

It has been a while since I last heard from you. However, it is a good thing that I am hearing from you now. As far as your travels are concerned, I did a little research and I found some information which should be very helpful for you:

http://www.aegis.com/topics/travel.html

It covers the In's and out's of Traveling With HIV. Enjoy your trip!

Have the BEST Day!

Hi Eldon!

Thanks! Its been a little while since I've been on board. I've been busy working, going to the beach and trying to avoid hurricanes! LOL. This time of year is horrible for Floridians. I think we have another 3 storms to watch out for right now? Yikes!!! Thanks for the info!

Sunny

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 10:14:00 am »
You shouldn't have any problems at all.  Just make sure your pills are in their bottles and labelled.  Also, keep them in your carry-on.  If they lose your luggage and your pills are in there, you've had it.

robert

Yea, they have their labels. I'm planning on going to Italy and Amsterdam this fall/early winter. I have not been on a vacation outside of the US in about 6 years and I'm overdue.  ;D

-Sunny
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 10:19:45 am by Suntropic98 »

Offline malibueast

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 11:49:03 pm »
the easiest thing to do is to separate your meds out with your other supplements.  i keep mine in a weekly holder.  i also get a note from my doctor stating what meds i am on.  i keep a couple days worth in my carry on and the rest in my luggage,  just in case.  i have never had a problem

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 12:41:52 pm »
the easiest thing to do is to separate your meds out with your other supplements.  i keep mine in a weekly holder.  i also get a note from my doctor stating what meds i am on.  i keep a couple days worth in my carry on and the rest in my luggage,  just in case.  i have never had a problem

Thank You, all of you, for the responses!  8)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.