Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:39:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773205
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 572
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 496
Total: 497

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I shit my pants and won $25...now on Poz.com  (Read 8018 times)

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
I shit my pants and won $25...now on Poz.com
« on: September 07, 2007, 12:51:35 am »
I just got a regular email from poz.com with an advert for completing a diarreah questionaire from a drug company.  They are offering an item of $25 retail value with a few items to select from, including movie tickets for 2 (which i picked)

I can't be sure this link will work for you, but this is advertised on the poz.com site, you just may have to refresh alot to get this ad.  This is also in todays poz.com email newsletter.

http://www.surveywriter.net/in/survey/survey1270/NapoHIV.asp is a possible link to the survey. (can't guarantee that works)

Anyways, the details are.

HIV Related Diarrhea Survey

WHAT IS THIS STUDY ABOUT?

You are being asked to participate in a research study that will help develop a new survey tool. The purpose of the study is to understand the ways diarrhea affects health-related quality of life in HIV/AIDS patients. If you decide to participate, you will be asked to answer some questions about your diarrhea symptoms and how they affect your day-to-day life.  There will also be some questions related to your background (such as gender, race/ethnicity, method of contraction etc.) so that we can understand more about who is completing the survey. Completion of the survey is expected to take about 30 minutes of your time. Approximately 300 subjects will be in this study. There are no experimental procedures performed in this study.

PAYMENT

For your completion of the survey, you will have a choice of rewards worth $25 from an independent vendor.  You will choose from a variety of electronics, DVDs, or the opportunity to contribute your reward to a charity.   

CONFIDENTIALITY

We do not collect any information that can be used to identify you. The data (information) collected in this study cannot be linked to you personally. If you choose to participate, the rewards vendor may ask to ship your reward to you; however, any information provided to that vendor is independent of this study and not linked or associated with your responses.

RISKS AND BENEFITS

There are no known risks to you if you participate in this study. You will not personally benefit from your participation other than from the choice of rewards worth $25 you will receive upon survey completion.  If you believe that you have experienced a study related injury or have incurred harm by participating in this study, please contact the investigator listed below.  The alternative to participation in this research study is to not participate.

CONTACT INFORMATION

If you have any questions about this study, you may contact Jennifer Hanlon at (401) 334-8800.  If you have any questions about your rights as a research subject, you may contact Coast Independent Review Board at (949) 900-3javascript:void(0);
Insert Hyperlink900, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. � 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time.  Collect calls will be accepted.

Your participation in this study is voluntary. Filling out this survey is up to you and you may stop the survey at any time. The survey will take about 30 minutes to complete. We will keep your answers confidential. You may refuse to answer any of these questions. Your refusal to participate or continue with the survey will not result in penalty or loss of benefits to which you would be otherwise entitled.

it's a quiz shorter than 30 min.. takes about 10-15 min to complete and you get a prize for doing so... when's the last time you got a prize for shitting your pants?

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Re: I shit my pants and won $25...now on Poz.com
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 12:56:26 am »
Yeah, I saw that ad too. I don't think I qualify because I don't have the shits on a daily basis and I assume that is who they are looking for.... ;)
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Dan J.

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 01:17:53 am »
Thanks Bailey for the heads up!

I chose the clock.

Dan

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 01:28:05 am »
queen, it's ok i think if you don't do the squirts daily.

I think the main qualifiers are if you have diarrhea and how, if at all, it affects your life.

try it... it's free and you get bonus prizes (consulation prizes?) for crapping your pants on occasion!

edit:  this all seems legit... no payment or trial enrollments to get the prize.... they simply ask for your address to mail the prize to.  I 'presume' that poz has screened this as valid since it's on their site.

Literally just complete the survey and get a prize it seems.  They do seem to specify a limit of 300 people so act quick (it seems to block a computer ip once you complete the survey, but i did it from work and home :-)

Not sure how 'firm' that limit is but I don't think it lets you complete the survey if they've reached their quota and I know it doesn't let you redo the survey from the same IP (cuz i tried at work.. gets you an error that you don't meet the requirements for the survey any longer)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 01:35:06 am by DingoBoi »

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 02:33:31 am »
I did it and got my $25 prize also we will se in 10-15 business days if it gets here or not. Thanks Bailey.

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 02:36:18 am »
rembember, I'm just the mesenger, since this came from a poz.com advert and email, if there are any issues, yell at them!

But since I did it twice, I hoping to get my 4 movie tickets shortly.

Offline Jerry71

• Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 02:37:13 am »
lol ;)

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 02:39:12 am »
and what did YOU pick Jerry as your 'gift'?

Offline Jerry71

• Facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 02:41:14 am »
ExactSet Projection Clock with Thermometer

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 02:44:11 am »
ahhh, the rectal thermometer gift set..  nice   :P

that was my second choice... but since i have 2 alarms and a tv alarm and computer alarm (which all don't wake me up, i didn't think another would help)  almost got the pizza thing though, that was cute and nice (though i'm not entirely sure about these gifts being worth $25.00

My movie tix are worth at max 18 here in orlando i want to sue for the cash difference.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 02:48:15 am by DingoBoi »

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 02:48:44 am »
ahhh, the rectal thermometer gift set..  nice   :P

Dear Bailiey (or however you choose to spell it)-

I got the shits, but I chose a friendship with you...

...well, that'll learn me.

-joseph

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 02:53:34 am »
not quite sure if that is good or bad... if it good.. wooohooo,.

if it's bad.. whoooohoooo, hate you more.

can't make up my mind tonight.

And what did you pick as your prize?

(everybody must state their whorish prize they picked)

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 03:07:01 am »
Hey Bailey,

It has been awhile since I have had an unscheduled bowel movement in a public place.  It is one of those AIDS realities, I have learned to live my life around and... it gets me out of Jury Duty ;D.  To me, this is better than a couple of movie tickets, I'll pass on the survey buy many thanks for pointing it out.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline poz1970

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 04:54:29 am »
they don't deliver to australia :-(

So straight to a charity donation!

J
"The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to  heterosexuals. That doesn`t mean that God doesn`t love heterosexuals. It`s just that they need more supervision." -- Lynn Lavne

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 06:16:39 am »
Well, I figure if they won't ship to Oz, they won't ship to the Rock either... so I filled in my daughter's address in Miami. :) Hope she likes the film! Bet she never imagined her mum's poopie problems would get her and a friend into a movie for free. Maybe that will make up for all the times I kicked her out of the bathroom when she was trying to do her hair/makeup! ;D

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 08:41:32 am »
Just did it and selected a charity for my "prize."
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 10:20:21 am »
I clicked on it and it said "thank you for your interest, survey no longer available" or something to that effect....

Wonder if they'd like us to mail them a 'sample' ?  (hehe  ;)   )
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 10:32:04 am »
 :D :D I got noise cancellation headphones :D :D so now I don't have to listen to the noise...
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 10:41:52 am »
I clicked on it and it said "thank you for your interest, survey no longer available" or something to that effect....

Wonder if they'd like us to mail them a 'sample' ?  (hehe  ;)   )

Wow, that was fast! I'm glad I got in there before it was finished. I spoke to my daughter a little while ago and told her to be expecting the tickets - she was really delighted. I'm delighted too because on my limited income, it's not very often I get to give her a treat, especially now that she's an ocean away from home. I guess all that time spent on the toilet paid off after all. ;D

Alan - let me know if you find out about the samples, I'll send one as a "thank-you". :D

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 10:51:58 am »
I must have made it in under the wire.

I selected the Hot Pot electric tea kettle.

I know, boring, but I wanted it.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2007, 10:54:42 am »
Yeah Bailey created a shitload of requests so they flushed it.

Milker (whose bathroom humor is going down the drain).
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Basquo

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2007, 12:11:54 pm »
I almost got the electric tea kettle too, but then I saw the DVD of Wizards...

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2007, 12:21:05 pm »
Yeah Bailey created a shitload of requests so they flushed it.

Milker (whose bathroom humor is going down the drain).

Phooey.  It's over already??  And I missed it.  Now, not only do I not get any prizes, but a poopie thread has gone by and I didn't even get to make any jokes. 

That's what I get for stalling.

Sometimes I can be so scatter-brained.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline ademas

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2007, 12:30:27 pm »
good, because the poopie jokes are completely out of control in this forum.

I see them as a nothing more than an ugly skid mark on the fabric that holds our community together.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2007, 01:26:43 pm »
Phooey.  It's over already??  And I missed it.  Now, not only do I not get any prizes, but a poopie thread has gone by and I didn't even get to make any jokes. 

Sometimes I can be so scatter-brained.

Oh yes you did, you automatic pun pilot you.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2007, 01:26:55 pm »

No, that's what you get for farting around. Next time, shit or get off the pot! ;D

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2007, 04:18:27 pm »
Great.....  its   closed....
 probablly because some asshole hit it twice in order to get a double pump from the swolen teat of Big Pharma....I hope the movie sucks too.

Lwood
who was going to take the iPhone , or possibly the DIY Brazillian bikini wax kit  but now has to make due with my old Cingulair piece of shit and some duct Tape
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline marc11864

• I apologize for nothing!
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 07:21:38 pm »
WHY DIDN'T ANYONE CALL ME?  ;D
Let us cavort like the Greeks of old! You know the ones I mean.

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2007, 09:27:38 pm »
bwahahahah... so i did it twice.. and only twice as it logs ips... there were only 300 slots available and from what I can tell, it's pretty much a worthless survey from a research perspective... blah blah blah...

And if you checked you emails more often (and were subscribed to the poz newsletters) you woulda had your shot.

Do I feel bad about doing it twice?  Hell no.  Just wanted to share with my fellow disease ridden breathren an award for crapping your pants.   

Although, the whole experience was surreal of them offering prizes for a survey that many would have completed voluntarily if only asked to.

Offline Jody

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2007, 10:46:35 pm »
Baileykins is back!!!

Get out the pooper scooper!!!

Jody  ;)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline HealthyMomma

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2007, 02:50:04 pm »
I did the survey the other day too and my dvd came in the mail today! Way fast! At least ya know it was a real survey now :D

Offline Basquo

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2007, 08:38:09 pm »
My DVD came in the mail today too!  Wowsers, that was pretty quick!

Offline bryonut

• I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive!
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2007, 09:20:43 pm »
i got my shipping notice yesterday telling me the item will be here in 3 days! YAY!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.