Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:54:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 644
Total: 644

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just got my latest results (Atripla is working!)  (Read 3780 times)

Offline hope_for_a_cure

Just got my latest results (Atripla is working!)
« on: July 15, 2010, 05:58:43 pm »
March 2010 my CD4 was 4 with a VL of over 120,000.  May bloodtests came back with my CD4 up to 265 and VL at 880.  Today I got results that show that bloodwork done on July 2nd has my CD4 at 320 and my VL at 200.  Atripla is sure doing its job!  I will say that I am having some wild mid-summer night dreams.  I honestly did not think I would live to see summertime when I was sick in March.  Its amazing how life twists and turns. 

On a side note:
Atripla, my metaphysical beliefs, as well as the Ascention process that I am going through have gotten me through this time w/o excessive worry.  Energies present as I enter an continue through the 7th 7 year cycle of my life (49th yr) are going to be the strongest yet.  I also look forward to being in my 50s!  I want to also spend much of that time helping others who may be in need. 

Love and Light to all that care to receive it!

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: Just got my latest results (Atripla is working!)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 06:11:04 pm »
WooHoo! ;D
it's amazing what a couple months and some HIV meds can do, huh?

best wishes for continued health to you buddy!
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 06:19:44 pm »
Thanks Mikie!  I am glad to see the trend moving in the right direction.  (If you can actually call three test results a trend.)  My intent is to continue treatment on Atripla and live life to the fullest.  Who knows, I may even be able to share it with somebody special one of these live long days. 

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 07:39:14 pm »
Hope,

That is just wonderful news!

Wishing you continuing progress!

Best.
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline peteb

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 08:46:40 pm »
thats just awesome

Offline Stanley5739

• Trying to make my way and help
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 12:35:41 pm »
 :)  Speaking as someone close in age and just a little further down the road in treatment, congratulations!  I don't have the wealth of knowledge or insight that many of the posters do on this forum, and they are an impressive group, but I have found that this forum is helpful for insight and comfort.  Here is my two cents:  be sure to check for HPV while you are at it.  I understand the HIV meds don't help with that and things can terribly wrong if not monitored.  On the sunny side, I am now "undetectable", having moderately intense but enjoyable dreams, avoiding depression/self pity, jogging 3 miles or so each day, and just lost 10-15 pounds the right way.  So I am optimistic for you as well.  Hang in there.
07/15/10 VL Undetectable, CD4 count 634, CD4 21%
06/02/10 VL Undetectable, CD4 count 544, CD4 30%,  BP 133/88
04/23/2010 VL 184, CD4 count 744, CD4 26%,
03/01/2010 VL 106, CD4 count 744, CD4 26%,    
01/21/2010 VL 85, CD4 count 531, CD4 23%
12/14/2009 VL 50, CD4 count 470   
11/04/2009 VL 18,199, CD4 count 686, CD4 23% - Began Atripla
10/05/2009 VL 60,565, CD4 count 758, CD4 27%   
09/09/2009 VL 323,000, CD4 count 545, CD4 18% - Tested positive

Offline newbieguy

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 12:17:46 am »
March 2010 my CD4 was 4 with a VL of over 120,000.  May bloodtests came back with my CD4 up to 265 and VL at 880.  Today I got results that show that bloodwork done on July 2nd has my CD4 at 320 and my VL at 200.  Atripla is sure doing its job!  I will say that I am having some wild mid-summer night dreams.  I honestly did not think I would live to see summertime when I was sick in March.  Its amazing how life twists and turns. 

On a side note:
Atripla, my metaphysical beliefs, as well as the Ascention process that I am going through have gotten me through this time w/o excessive worry.  Energies present as I enter an continue through the 7th 7 year cycle of my life (49th yr) are going to be the strongest yet.  I also look forward to being in my 50s!  I want to also spend much of that time helping others who may be in need. 

Love and Light to all that care to receive it!

Congrats on the great news! Sounds like you have def found the right med (if there is such a thing lol) for you! Makes me even more confident in Atripla. I will be starting it this week  myself. Im not worried about the dreams because I have jacked up dreams anyway lol. Glad your doing well, best wishes.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.