Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:54:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 602
Total: 602

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: long time reader and some thoughts on stuff read here ?  (Read 2747 times)

Offline em

long time reader and some thoughts on stuff read here ?
« on: December 02, 2007, 09:17:57 pm »

A story has been going through my mind for the past few days about a crime show and HIV. CSI New York had a web section on POZ.com. I had written a story I had thought about Stella finding a guy who was HIV+ and who was  living in a homeless shelter. What I thought would be a good story line that they get together as friends and do not have sex. This guy wrote back saying why do you have the HIV+ guy living in homeless shelter why not make him a successful Vice president of a marketing firm or something less derogatory just cause someone is positive does not make them outcasts . I had thought why not just give him super powers and make him a crime fighter,  but thought it better to not write anything. I was trying to show a story about HIV and social status not being a reason to not care about some one and well it was just a story any who.

A better idea I have been kicking around and thought worth posting.

Have a young man who is found dead in his apartment in New York. During the investigation they find out the maintenance building super has HIV also. There is a red neck blue collar tenant and family. A tenant who belongs to a gang. An immigrant from a Slavic country. A forty something guy with a twenty something girl friend.

The show goes on they all seem to be guilty and have their own reasons for the crime. The super has spent years being celibate. He reveals his feelings about the young man having people coming and going from his apartment all the time. How jealous and angry he was at the same time. He toward the beginning of the story  confesses to the murder  Later he says that he confessed to the crime because he did not have the nerve to commit suicide and thought living without intimacy was not living and New York has the death penalty. Stella contacts a New York HIV support group starts talking to the super he starts to talk to other people again. Hinting at a resolution to his life of solitude may be started. 

While the investigates are looking in the apartment, a ten year old girl says that is the fagot's place did something happen to the fag My daddy says that is a fagot's home. One of the other tenants says he over heard the victim say to the red neck my your daughter is becoming quite the pretty young lady and
The red neck gets very angry and says under his breath that man is a dead man. He admits to the police he wanted to kill the fag. The crime scene investigators have a talk with the red neck about spreading hate through his children and intolerance may not be a crime but might lead to difficulties for him and his children.
The neighbor is the Slavic and says with a Russian like accent that guy deserved to die there is no place in the world for those kind of people .

There is also a forty something guy with a twenty something live in girl friend that says he wanted the guy as a far away from him and his lady. While she was in the laundry room she had a talk with the young man and says he so sweet and had told him how much she liked there neighbor. He had thought the world was a better place with him gone.

the gang group confesses to the crime because they feel it would give them street credit and make the rest of the neighbors think there gang is doing good in the neighborhood by getting rid of people more dangerous then they are thought to be. The gang group thinks since they did not really kill him there would not be enough evidence to convict. Confessing to the crime they would get street credit for the crime they would seemingly get away with murder to there other rivals in the area. The other people in the neighborhood would think they were getting rid of people more dangerous then people think they are.  This would be a public service thing and make them more respected and welcome . sorry maybe just a twist on what some might think is doing wrong for a perceived right were the perceived ends justify the means thought.

Then have it turn out an old lover of the young man finds out he has full blown AIDS and thought he had caught it from him and had killed him because of what he had thought he had been infected by this man.

Then have Stella tell him that his infection being full blown AIDS  the guy he killed just recently became HIV+ He had been getting tested regularly and been negative until a short time ago therefore It was more likely the infection was more the other way. He had killed a guy he had most likely infected not the other way around.

Had more different stuff on this and directions to take this story but if it is not goin to be used why spend the time writing a finish copy if no one will ever see it ?

Another unrelated item

There also was someone who had written on POZ.COM that they were doing a documentary on HIV in the world today and tried to contact the film crew that was making Sweeny Todd in there area. They said Johny Depp and the Film crew did not get back to them. That shows how much Hollywood and actors care about AIDS related isues. I had thought while a movie was in production they have locations rented scripts to review and forteen hour days and obseen amounts of money flowing into crews and equiptment and schedule to keep close. They do not have the time to stop everything to discuse every other idea. Sorry I had thought batter not to say anything maybe just a coward after all.

And does anyone remmbeer 21 jump street with Johnny Depp there was a two part episode in the mid eighties about AIDS way back when I had thought Johnny Depp did a great job in the story. At the end of the story a reporter nocks on Johnny Depps charecter apartment door to ask something about AIDS. When Johnny Depp answers the door he is an old man and the reporter asks what was AIDS like back in 1985 or something like that. He says it was bad and thank GOD we found a cure. Just incase no one else remembers

sorry I should have posted theese someplace earlier like while CSI new york still had that section open and while that guy was writting about his documentery on AIDS and being snubed by a big movie star >>Or maybe it is a mistake to write anything only hitting post will tell ?

I hope you all the best
EM

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: long time reader and some thoughts on stuff read here ?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 12:15:12 am »
Hey EM! I've missed you.

Regards,

MtD

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 12:31:27 am »
It's been a long time EM..where have you been, what have you been up too?..Good to see you back, hope you are keeping well.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 12:36:30 am »
em....

so good to hear from you.  It's never enough.

What about 10 little indians?  I mean, maybe they all did it?  the gangs, the super, the lovey-dovey couple, the redneck and the immigrant drew straws but they were all the same so they took turns.  Let Stella figure that one out.

robert

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 01:50:16 pm »
Hi EM

Glad to see you back!

hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 10:41:56 am »
Hey Em,

Welcome back. Good to see you.

I rather liked your story. It was more imaginative than what was actually aired.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.