Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 27, 2024, 01:20:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772928
  • Total Topics: 66309
  • Online Today: 152
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 115
Total: 115

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Are there any conservatives here?  (Read 32750 times)

Offline Dachshund

Re: Are there any conservatives here?
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2007, 09:04:36 am »
To make myself clear I said I personally believe MOST conservatives/republicans are racist. I arrive at this belief through personal experiences and stand by my statement.   
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 09:09:18 am by Dachshund »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2007, 09:38:30 am »
There have been a number of thoughtful and restrained comments entered here. This  subject is one that has all the potential in the world to go ballistic. So far it hasn't although it's teetered a few times at the edge. I'm grateful for the restraint members have shown as well as the attempts made to express positions in a thoughtful manner. 

Grinch, I think Dachs has clarified his position hopefully sufficiently to satisfy you. Let's not go over that edge on this one.

Andy Velez

Offline Grinch

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2007, 10:56:30 am »
Andy,
In other threads it has been stated that ALL conservatives are racist and homophobic.  I have repeatedly requested that this generalization be stopped.  If I were to make the statement that most homosexuals are pedophiles I would be instantly censured.  What is the difference?  Both statements are wrong.  Both statements are hurtful.

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2007, 10:10:03 pm »
p.s. after reading the "joke" you posted the other day Molten you are in no position to discuss racism or reverse racism with anyone.

You will notice, sir, that I apologized for that remark as I did not mean it to be taken offensively. That is the only dignity I will give your comment, sir.
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2007, 10:17:24 pm »
Settle down girls.....

I agree with Andy, this has the ability to start a war (ha ha, it already did)

What is that quote "you can judge a society by how it treats its poor and animals" or something like that.  I agree with that...call it what you want.

Pete

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2007, 11:07:54 pm »
I also heard a saying once that made a lot of sense. "Scratch a Republican, and you'll find a Conservative. Scratch a Conservative, and you'll find a Racist." I have yet to see that statement falsified in my personal experience. I'm not saying it's completely true. I'm just saying I haven't seen it disproven.

This has been my experience as well. Both of my parents are (still) profoundly conservative on both social and fiscal issues. They were both unashamed racists until well into the 1970s, when they learned to disguise their hate in an attempt to better their social positions. And without a doubt, the biggest homophobe I ever met growing up was my mother.

Of my grandparents, each side was a mix of conservative and progressive. My father's father and my mother's mother were both extreme, John Birch-type conservatives, much to the embarrassment of their spouses. The first time I'd ever heard the "n" word was from my paternal grandfather, and my maternal grandmother was violently anti-feminist (odd, considering she was a high-living flapper in the 20s) and a staunch anti-unionist (odder, as her husband owed everything to his union). My maternal grandfather (the union man) was old-school, but very much a democrat. My paternal grandmother was a pure Kennedy-style New Dealer/60s liberal and wouldn't tolerate racist attitudes voiced in her presence (by anyone except her husband, who was a bitter old drunk anyway).

My dad's second wife is the very picture of conservative morality and Republican virtue. They both attend a low-service Episcopalian church in Palm Beach and claim to be very devout. But a meaner old bitch never walked the planet, for many reasons. My sister was barred from visiting them for many years because her African-American partner was told she was unwelcome in very direct and explicit language.

With such role models as these, is it any wonder my perception of conservatives as unabashed racists comes from such an instinctual place?

One more anecdote:
In my early 20s, i worked for a menswear chain in a store in downtown Boston, on Washington Street across from Filene's Basement. Anyone who has ever been there will know immediately that the majority of the shoppers are people of color. It is at the intersection of most of the major subway lines but there is virtually no parking in the area. The general manager was an odious man who referred to both me and the assistant manager as such things as "bleeding-heart liberals", "tree-hugging commies" (really) or cocksuckers, when he was in a playful mood. He made it very clear to the manager that under no circumstances is he ever to hire a black man, although black women could be cashiers provided they were "pretty". He got into an altercation with an asian truck driver once, calling him "Johnny Egg-Roll" and was nearly killed in the fracas.

I'll grant that stereotypes are not rules, and that just because one happens to believe in smaller government doesn't necessarily mean he believes in white supremacy, any more than anyone else.

But American society is racist to its core. It is extraordinarily difficult to maintain a color-blind approach to life here, as one is so generally in the smallest of minorities in attempting to do so.

Brent
(Who is an extreme lefty Anarchist)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline JamieD

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2007, 03:08:03 am »
But isn't dating exclusively from one race group being... er... racist? It was last time I looked... ::)

No, I would date people of other races if I found them to be attractive. I don't though. Its not a choice. Am I a  sexist because I don't sleep with or date women?  ::)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 03:13:00 am by JamieD »

Offline JamieD

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2007, 03:11:01 am »
My black wife is going to be really mad when she finds out I'm a racist.
 I take personal offense to such statements and will request one more time you and everyone else in this forum stop making them.

LOL @ Grinch.

My black boyfriend will be even more pissed off when he finds out that I am both racist AND homophobic as well.  :P Everytime I am at my local KKK rally I ask myself "What would my friends here at the KKK think if they knew I was sleeping with another man who was black?" I'd probably go down faster then a black jewish handicapped lesbian.

Offline JamieD

« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2007, 03:12:20 am »
I find it funny that the leftwing nutjob preach tolerance and understand and open mindness, but only when it's something they believe in and support.

Offline JamieD

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2007, 03:16:01 am »
Andy,
In other threads it has been stated that ALL conservatives are racist and homophobic.  I have repeatedly requested that this generalization be stopped.  If I were to make the statement that most homosexuals are pedophiles I would be instantly censured.  What is the difference?  Both statements are wrong.  Both statements are hurtful.

These are the people who preach "tolerance", "open mindedness" and "acceptance".... the fine print says, though "Only when you agree with us".

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2007, 03:48:54 am »
I find it funny that the leftwing nutjob preach tolerance and understand and open mindness, but only when it's something they believe in and support.

Well Jamie, you might want to be careful slinging words like "nutjob" around.

MtD
(Who knows that people who live in glasshouses should fuck in the basement)

Offline JamieD

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2007, 03:53:26 am »

Well Jamie, you might want to be careful slinging words like "nutjob" around.

MtD
(Who knows that people who live in glasshouses should fuck in the basement)

Well, with statements like "scratch a republican find a conservative, scratch a conservative find racist" being thrown around by the majority of people here I am not too concerned with what people "think". Anyone (right or left) who makes sweeping statements like that about a large segment of the population is a nutjob.... with a capitol "N".

Offline JamieD

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2007, 05:49:17 am »
LOL @ Grinch.

My black boyfriend will be even more pissed off when he finds out that I am both racist AND homophobic as well.  :P Everytime I am at my local KKK rally I ask myself "What would my friends here at the KKK think if they knew I was sleeping with another man who was black?" I'd probably go down faster then a black jewish handicapped lesbian.

ETA: Wait until my Puerto Rican family finds out I am racist. Oh GOD, I didn't even think of them. My brother, my sister, my nephew, my aunt, my father, my grandmum.... all of them. Fucking spics. I wonder if I dye my hair blonde again if I could pass as white? What do you think?  ???

Well, I'm off to go spray paint "wetback" on my sister's car, and "fag" on my boyfriends. Maybe I'll burn a cross on his lawn too. Kisses. XOXO. Jamie
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 05:55:05 am by JamieD »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2007, 06:09:22 am »
Well Jamie, since you're runnin' with the Right, why don't you ask your conservative buddy Grinch what he thinks of the jack off vid in your Forums profile?

Grinchie once famously complained about Bucko having an avatar which showed the merest glimpse of pubes.

MtD

Offline JamieD

« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2007, 06:12:59 am »
ask him whether or not I would pass as white if I had blonde hair?

Offline Cliff

« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2007, 07:01:31 am »
Just because you date or are married to a black person doesn't mean you can't hold racist tendencies.  Using that same flawed logic, then straight men can't be sexist because they all date and/or marry women.  A guy can still think women as a whole are a weaker sex and yet marry and/or have sex with them.

Saying you can't be racist because you date blacks is almost as bad as saying you can't be because some on your best friends are black.  It's a lazy response used while debating.

Offline JamieD

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2007, 07:09:15 am »
I also used the argument that I AM A MINORITY MYSELF!!!! Try that one on for size, homegirl.

I spent the every year of my elementary school, middle school, and college (high school) being called a "spic" day in and day out. Everyday for 13 grades. I happened to be one of two latino families in my town. The rest were all white as rice. OMG. I said white as rice, now am I racist against whites? Well.... I am also half white. I had a British mum and a Puerto Rican father.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 07:15:03 am by JamieD »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2007, 07:12:02 am »
Try that one on for size, homegirl.

Jamie, I really don't think you should speak to Cliff like that. He's a long standing and well liked member and is entitled to more respect than you've just shown him.

MtD

Offline JamieD

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2007, 07:16:00 am »
Try that one on for size, homegirl.

Jamie, I really don't think you should speak to Cliff like that. He's a long standing and well liked member and is entitled to more respect than you've just shown him.

MtD

As the great Paris Hilton once said: I'm over it.

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2007, 07:19:36 am »
Face it Jamie,you are a freaking racist.  It doesnt matter how you treat people, it only matters what you think or how you feel.
The left and race pimps will always play the race card,its what they do, and they have made the whole thing a joke.
If you see a black person walking down the street,and the thought enters your mind,"there is a black person" you are a racist. If you oppose anything a black person or minority does you are racist.
If I think Shiela Lee Jackson is a moronic windbag, I am a racist. If I oppose Jesse Jacksons blackmail of US corps and the wealth he has accumalated from this profession, I am a racist.
You only date black women to disguise your racism,you just didnt know it.
You see racism must exist because it empowers many and with out it what would the left and people like Jackson do for a living?
No matter how hard we try, no matter how often we try to be kind and have empathy for minorities,racism will always exist,too many people depend on it.

Offline JamieD

« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2007, 07:23:44 am »
women

:D  It's men, dear.  ;) I am a racist bi-racial faggot conservative. The KKK would welcome me with open arms.

BTW- Your response pissed me off at first until I realised what you were saying.  :D

Offline David_CA

« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2007, 08:00:05 am »
Jamie,

You now have two new (conservative) buds on the forums.  It's too bad they're both white and straight.  They're both a bit more 'insightful', too.

Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline JamieD

« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2007, 08:11:17 am »
Oh yeah, that is a drag since obviously because I date only men of colour that must mean I want nothing to do with anyone else.

Have you by chance ever thought this thought to yourself before: my hat doesn't fit because my wrist is swollen?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2007, 08:19:59 am »
Jamie,

You now have two new (conservative) buds on the forums.  It's too bad they're both white and straight.  They're both a bit more 'insightful', too.

straight?

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2007, 08:35:59 am »
I am a racist bi-racial faggot conservative. The KKK would welcome me with open arms.

LOL. Sadly, they wouldn't. The KKK only likes men who are white, protestant, and heterosexual.
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

Offline David_CA

« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2007, 08:36:54 am »
Have you by chance ever thought this thought to yourself before: my hat doesn't fit because my wrist is swollen?

No, but I have thought your posts odd based on previous threads you've started.
Black Friday 03-03-2006
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%

Offline JamieD

« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2007, 08:43:26 am »
LOL. Sadly, they wouldn't. The KKK only likes men who are white, protestant, and heterosexual.

You're joking, right? You didn't see the sarcasm in that post?

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2007, 08:44:54 am »
Cliff stated:

I think you'll find that using cracker is not that acceptable.  I wouldn't (and shouldn't) go to my workplace and throw around that word.  In fact, I can't think of too many places where it would be acceptable to use that word.  Both words are offensive, but not necessarily racism.  Two different concepts.

I would ask you to clarify because that sounds like you're endorsing the idea that only slighting a minority is racism. Racism is racism regardless of which race the victim belongs to. Racism is hatred or intolerance of another race or other races. I don't see where minorities have dibs on being the only ones able to cry "racism." "Cracker" is a racist term. It was used by African-Americans, during the time of slavery and today, as a derogatory term in reference to Caucasians. Explain to me how that's not racism?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 08:47:20 am by MoltenStorm »

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2007, 08:45:48 am »
You're joking, right? You didn't see the sarcasm in that post?

Yes, darling Jamie. See the "LOL" at the beginning of the post?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2007, 08:59:44 am »
It was used by African-Americans, during the time of slavery and today, as a derogatory term in reference to Caucasians. Explain to me how that's not racism?

Your kidding right? Accusing slaves of racism is beyond ignorant. It's kind of hard to be labled a racist when someone owns you. When you are considered an animal to be bought and sold at will. The term cracker was used by slaves to describe owners and the crack of the whip against their backs. How dare those racist, darkies disparage the good name of their owners. Good grief this thread is ridiculous.

Offline JamieD

« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2007, 09:06:04 am »
Good grief this thread is ridiculous.

Weren't you one of those peddling the idea that conservatives were both racist and homophobic?

Offline David_CA

« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2007, 09:09:03 am »
..."Cracker" is a racist term. It was used by African-Americans, during the time of slavery and today, as a derogatory term in reference to Caucasians. ...

As an aside, I first heard the term 'cracker' when I was in third grade.  We had just moved from Louisiana to Raleigh, NC during the summer of '74, and schools in Raleigh were dealing with issues of bussing, integration, etc.  Anyway, this girl called me 'white cracker' out of the blue.  In first and second grades (in LA), I didn't know what discrimination, racism, or prejudice was, so I was unfamiliar with racial slur terms.  I thought it sounded kinda funny to me, so I called her one of my favorite snacks, a chocolate covered graham cracker.  She didn't think my answer was so funny and proceded to punch me in the stomach.  When I got home, I asked my mom why she called me a 'white cracker'.  My mom explained that it was what some black people called white people when they didn't like them.  I asked "but why doesn't she like me?" (I was always a 'why' kind of child and haven't outgrown it.)  She just said "honey, she just doesn't.  I don't know why."  Of course she knew the reason, but even now I often wonder "but why don't they/he/she like me" when it comes to being gay or white or male, even.  Brenda and I never spoke much after that, but her twin sister, Linda, and I became best friends the rest of the time I went to that school. 

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2007, 09:16:17 am »
Weren't you one of those peddling the idea that conservatives were both racist and homophobic?

No sweetheart I wasn't peddling anything, I was responding to Grinch. Feel free to read my response, but as for this thread and your burning desire for a troll fest I bid you adieu.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2007, 09:28:53 am »
Jaime - to be conscientious about money does not equate conservative.

I know plenty of liberals who'll squeeze a wooden nickel until the Buffalo poops.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2007, 09:34:03 am »
I know plenty of liberals who'll squeeze a wooden nickel until the Buffalo poops.

Many of us with AIDS absolutely have to.   :-\
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline JamieD

« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2007, 09:36:22 am »
Jaime - to be conscientious about money does not equate conservative.

I am a lot more then conscientious of money. I am against most social welfare programmes. I think a large portion (but not ALL for you nitpickers) of taxes are completely unneccesary (ie, the death tax aka what the commies call the estate tax).

Offline Iggy

« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2007, 09:37:35 am »
Are you against ADAP?

Offline Cliff

« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2007, 09:37:55 am »
I would ask you to clarify because that sounds like you're endorsing the idea that only slighting a minority is racism. Racism is racism regardless of which race the victim belongs to. Racism is hatred or intolerance of another race or other races. I don't see where minorities have dibs on being the only ones able to cry "racism." "Cracker" is a racist term. It was used by African-Americans, during the time of slavery and today, as a derogatory term in reference to Caucasians. Explain to me how that's not racism?
Putting your odd example of using slavery as an example of reverse racism against Caucasians aside, I think you misread or didn't understand the point (nor context) of my comment.  I never stated racism was only applicable to one group.  

My point was addressing a comment by Grinch and Jaime that they couldn't be racist because they dated blacks.  I don't know them, so I can't comment as to whether or not they are racist.  I'll take their word for it that they are not.  But I can comment on the fact that I think it's intellectually lazy to argue that one can't be racist because they date and/or are friends with blacks.

Offline JamieD

« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2007, 09:41:12 am »
But I can comment on the fact that I think it's intellectually lazy to argue that one can't be racist because they date and/or are friends with blacks.

.... or that you can't be racist if you are infact a minority yourself.

Offline JamieD

« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2007, 09:44:14 am »
Are you against ADAP?

I don't know what that is. Is that some tax on breathing that the democrats are trying to get put into place? Or is it a new tax on petrol?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2007, 09:46:06 am »
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but Jamie your posts have a definite flamebait feel to them.

You seem like you're deliberately trying to provoke anger from people on this thread.

I'm sure it's just me.

PS:  It speaks volumes that you are completely ignorant of what ADAP is.  "AIDS Drug Assistance Program"...helping provide life saving medicine for those who can't afford it.

But never you mind.  It's just another wasteful liberal social program.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2007, 09:47:40 am »
Everyone -

If the sarcasm isn't dropped as a weapon in this discussion, I'm going to shut this thread down. Sarcasm may have its place, but it is not a clever debating tactic when discussing serious issues.

And yes, this is a warning of sorts. Keep to the issues themselves and stop attacking each other.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline JamieD

« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2007, 09:50:26 am »

PS:  It speaks volumes that you are completely ignorant of what ADAP is.  "AIDS Drug Assistance Program"...helping provide life saving medicine for those who can't afford it.

But never you mind.  It's just another wasteful liberal social program.

Don't be an ass. It's unnecessary. Painting me as a heartless sociopath isn't going to make your argument right. I have no problem whatsoever with giving assistance to those people who really need it. I stated that earlier. And I am sure 99% of conservatives have no problem giving assistance to people who are in real need of it. Our definition of "need" is probably very different though.

And why would it "speak volumes" that I don't know what ADAP is? I have been positive for two months, and I pay for my own medications with my own money even though I am in college and only work part time. Boo-fucking-hoo.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 09:54:57 am by JamieD »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2007, 09:57:28 am »
Jamie,

Knock it off, now. I agree that you are walking a very fine line flame-bait wise, especially after I just issued a general warning. Consider yourself officially warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline JamieD

« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2007, 10:00:33 am »
I didn't see your response as I was writing mine when you posted that. I didn't see it when I edited it either.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2007, 10:05:54 am »
I didn't see your response as I was writing mine when you posted that. I didn't see it when I edited it either.

Now how can that be when the default setting is to warn when someone has posted while you were writing? And I happen to know that you haven't changed the default by ticking the box that says DON'T warn in your profile.

Your official warning stands.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Iggy

« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2007, 10:07:46 am »
And why would it "speak volumes" that I don't know what ADAP is? I have been positive for two months, and I pay for my own medications with my own money even though I am in college and only work part time.

Jaime - it speaks volumes when you state that you are against most social welfare programs and don't know one of the most prominent ones in the U.S.

I think you should avoid statements of saying you are against things until you actually know what those things entail.  This is not sacrasm and this is not an attack - simply an observation.

Offline JamieD

« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2007, 10:09:37 am »
I did see the warning. I see one right now because someone posted something when I clicked the reply button. That doesn't mean I am paying any attention to it. Did I mention not seeing the warning of another reply? I don't believe so.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2007, 10:11:06 am »
I tend to be more democratic-liberal.  I don't know if I would ever vote Republican even if it was Mickey Mouse running for the Democrats. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2007, 10:11:57 am »
I did see the warning. I see one right now because someone posted something when I clicked the reply button. That doesn't mean I am paying any attention to it. Did I mention not seeing the warning of another reply? I don't believe so.

Jamie,

Then let this be a lesson. When someone has posted while you were writing, read what was posted.

Your official warning STILL stands.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.