Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:28:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 603
Total: 603

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Take your meds!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 9950 times)

Offline Iamrick

• Daily OM
Take your meds!!!!!!!!!!
« on: September 17, 2006, 04:06:30 pm »
Hey there,
   My name is actually Rick for starters. I'm kinda lost right now, My partner of 12 years David just died last week... Please Everyone Take Your Meds!!!! Sorry but I just have to say that to everyone now. We had been separated for a little while but his mothers death 5 months ago changed things for us and we began to fix our relationship and where moving on but he had not been taking his meds. Well one day three months ago at IKEA he had a seizure and at that time we found out he was getting PCP. We fought like dogs trying to get medical help and it just didn't happen fast enough and we lost him to it!!! I hope that you and everyone you know that are positive will do everything possible to take care of yourselves and help the others that cant or wont.... This is Mine and David's message to the world, love and take care of each other, friends or foes lets not loose any more of our fellow humans to this disease. I hope that this message will be heard around the world!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rick and My Beloved David

P.S. Please pass this on to everyone you know!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 04:09:43 pm by Iamrick »
Happiness  keeps You Sweet,

Trials keep You  Strong,

Sorrows keep You  Human,

Failures keep You  Humble,

Success keeps You Glowing, 

But Only God/Goddess keeps You Going!

Have a Blessed Day Everyone!! Rick

Offline Iggy

Re: Take your meds!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 09:16:05 am »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:20:47 pm by Iggy »

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 12:49:46 pm »
Rick........

My heart goes out to you.  I know where you're at right now....it hasn't been that long since I lost
my David.  And my David chose to stop taking his med's....Salvage therapy they called it.  I desperately wanted
him to take his med's but it was his choice...not mine to make.  I do appreciate your message and my heart is breaking for you but whether people take their med's or not....its purely a personal decision.

I will say this, Rick.....  It does get better.  It takes time but it does get better.  Hang in there, Good Buddy.
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline DrMichael

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 08:02:55 am »
Dear Rick,

I am very sorry to hear about your loss.  As a university-based physician, I was encouraged to see how you are responding to this difficult experience with a constructive message for everybody.  My colleagues and I are interested in finding ways to make it easier for people take their medicine, when there are so many barriers:  inconvenience, side effects, the need to acknowledge one's illness, and cost (around the world but particularly in Africa).

I always appreciate hearing from like-minded people such as yourself.  Please let me know what progress you make finding others who share our philosophy, and let's stay in contact.  Here at the university level we are putting together some new interventions to help others with this issue.

Best regards
Michael

Offline Iamrick

• Daily OM
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 03:46:13 pm »
Thanks, to everyone for your heart felt responces. It has really been a comfort to me that the message is getting out there. Also, for those of you that has lost a partner due to any circumstances my heart goes out too you all for I know just how much it hurts. Blessed be to you all, Rick

P.S.  I really would like to hear from more of you about handling the death of a partner and the fears I now have concerning myself. I have some ok days but then I have days like today where im feeling distraught and so much more.  I'm new to this site and I don't really know who or where to ask for help navigating my way around here. HELP?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 05:13:00 pm by Iamrick »
Happiness  keeps You Sweet,

Trials keep You  Strong,

Sorrows keep You  Human,

Failures keep You  Humble,

Success keeps You Glowing, 

But Only God/Goddess keeps You Going!

Have a Blessed Day Everyone!! Rick

Offline ubotts

Medicine vs lovers
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 02:17:09 am »
I lost my partner of 10 yrs..I rolled up into a ball for 4 yrs..My partner infected me
without knowing her health status.....I thought that i would never love again and
who would want to be with someone with hiv..but in 4 yrs time, i did meet someone who loved me and wanted to be with me as a lover..I explained to
her..are u sure u want this relationship,because it doesnt get better, only worse in time, can u handle that..She said yes..because i loved u for yrs......It took me some time, but finally i gave in and we became lovers for `12 yrs...But when the
crap hit the fan she wanted out..I had been hiv postive since 1987 amd she knew that...but when the time came and i had to go on meds, she freaked out
and wanted nothing more to do with me..Go figure..After that i talked to a girl online for 2 yrs then finally told her i was hiv...She said the same thing, I love u and ill take care of you..Iam still with her, but i see her changing as well.. Once i started feeling a bit ill, she didnt want to see it for what it really is..Iam still with
her but very unhappy...I tried antidepressiants but it did nothing for me. My
Therapist, said, this will only keep the floor from falling out beneath your feet.
A pill isnt the answer..You have to be strong minded..The mind is a powerful
weapon.........So i got off antidepressants cuz it didnt do much for me..Now
iam doing better mentally..Keep a positive attitude and it will take u places u have never been.........so far its been working for me better than the meds.
Also i have met another women online, who knows iam hiv and says she will take care of me..She lives in arizona and iam living in NYC..She sent me a plane ticket
because she really wanted me to visit her...Well..it worked out great, the
sex was great , she was great and wants me to move to Arizona, but i have a problem with moving from the east coast to the west coast..I love her, but i have family n friends here..I wonder if its worth it all..any comments from someone who took this time to read my post..thank u for your time and patience.
Live Love Laugh and dance like no ones watching.
Laughter is the best medicine, so try to have a laugh everyday..Even if your not feeling your best, think about something that was funny at one time in your life and work with it..   :o)

Offline xyahka

• Dance together!! aha!! aha!! I like it!!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 01:17:26 am »
ubotts... follow your heart!!

and remember.. happiness start within... not outside.

hugs and good luck.

Juan Carlos

PS: Iamrick... hope you are fine... send you a big hug.... miss ya.
13/03/07 1er diagnóstico /Peso: 79kg
19/04/07 CD4: 494 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 80kg
19/07/07 CD4: 659 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79.5kg
06/03/08 CD4: 573 (después de meses muy deprimido) /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79kg
17/09/08 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 84Kg
06/02/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 85Kg /HCV: Neg /HBV: Neg.
07/03/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg / Gym 3días/semana y Natación 2días/semana.
12/05/09 CD4: 470 /Cviral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg.
08/07/09 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 77Kg.
09/12/09 CD4: 510 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg. No medicinas aún
10/01/10 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
15/05/10 CD4: 320 /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
01/02/11 CD4: 291 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
05/05/11 CD4: 366 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
27/07/11 CD4: 255 /CViral: 138000 /Peso: 78kg.

Disfrutando y aceptando una nueva vida...

Offline lucas clay

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 04:51:36 pm »
    to Iamrick.
so sorry for your loss

Lucas

Offline Lakis

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 03:56:34 am »
Hi Rick,
I'm very sorry about your loss.I just hope u r doing OK.With meds u r 100% right...that's why I'm taking meds for nearly last 17 years each and every day ,the only times I did meds vacation(bc of my liver problems)-I did it with full control of my doc...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.