Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:01:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 353
Total: 353

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Please help Eric and Morne  (Read 10340 times)

Offline mitch777

Re: Please help Eric and Morne
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 04:33:49 pm »
sad. where do you get one of those "donate" buttons?
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 04:35:55 pm »
If they didn't go to a dozen international circuit parties annually they wouldn't have to beg on line.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 04:38:00 pm »
I have a few odd jobs they could do to earn some cash , very odd jobs .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mitch777

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 04:44:32 pm »
I have a few odd jobs they could do to earn some cash , very odd jobs .
What does it pay?  ;D

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 04:47:17 pm »
What does it pay?  ;D

The one with the big guns .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 04:47:18 pm »
btw, the UK passed gay marriage legislation in July and it's supposed to be brought into force by mid-2014. Couldn't they delay their plans by a mere six months?

... ah, the life of an international A-List queer. And wouldn't you know that Eric's last boyfriend looks just like the current one.

Eric Turner's facebook page is now filling up with "get AIDS and die!" comments.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 04:49:24 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 04:49:57 pm »
Apparently, for some, hubris has no limits.

Joe

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 04:57:01 pm »
From the looks of her FB page she ain't hurting for money.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 05:04:36 pm »
My Nephew has a brain tumor and is on one of those fundit sites . He has to go to LA twice a month for treatment and so far people have donated all of his travel and hotel cost . Im taking him to the airport this weekend and he just called and told me someone had picked up the tab again .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 05:17:17 pm »
btw, the UK passed gay marriage legislation in July and it's supposed to be brought into force by mid-2014. Couldn't they delay their plans by a mere six months?

... ah, the life of an international A-List queer. And wouldn't you know that Eric's last boyfriend looks just like the current one.

Eric Turner's facebook page is now filling up with "get AIDS and die!" comments.

That link is bringing up pics of various people, including Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. 

They are marrying on my birthday.  I feel a strong connection to them now.  Please have some compassion for these great men.  ::).

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 05:27:31 pm »
Ugh. Insufferable people are unsufferable.

I give the marriage three rounds of roids.

Modified to add: Or three White Parties. Whichever.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 06:17:39 pm »
So, he has responded on his Facebook page.  He says he is not having 4 weddings.  He says they are having one wedding and 3 house parties.  Hmmm.  If they were having very modest house receptions--talking very modest-- then if they needed funds to get mom to the one wedding, then maybe not so awful??  Have I been sucked in?  I mean, they didn't make up a lie that one was dying with cancer or mom was dying with cancer and this was her last wish.  If people choose to donate, then they aren't being taken by a lie.  People can choose to donate or not. 

Am I being sucked in? 

Offline mitch777

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 06:23:35 pm »

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 06:46:32 pm »
He says he is not having 4 weddings.  He says they are having one wedding and 3 house parties. 

Oh, well that justifies everything...

They are just too precious.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 07:07:34 pm »
Is it too late to solicit donations for my wedding from last year??  I really need to put the money back into my savings account, because I really shouldn't have had to use MY SAVINGS to pay for MY WEDDING.  There is a whole world of people who should pay for it.  Now, granted, Sid and I don't have the same physiques, but our wedding was a fraction of what theirs will cost.

While I'm at it -- maybe I can get my Marriott Points refunded and have others pay for our Aruban honeymoon.  Again -- why save for something when I can get others to pay for it.

Damn!! Why am I always late to these parties.......

M

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 07:11:36 pm »

Damn!! Why am I always late to these parties.......

M

Have you tried putting some racing stripes on your walker ?
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline bocker3

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, 07:25:16 pm »

Have you tried putting some racing stripes on your walker ?

Now honey---  you and your "elephant" are a bit older than I!!  (though, younger than Sid)

:-*

M

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2013, 07:26:23 pm »
42 minutes ago, Mr. Turner wrote:

Ok- I'm just going to say it and move on from it. I've asked my wedding guests that in lieu of gifts, we'd rather they contribute toward airline tickets for my parents- something we can use. Gawker has written an article misrepresenting me, talking about how douchy I am because I'm 'having 4 weddings and asking for crowdfunding' so that I can have the public pay for my wedding. Nothing could be further from the truth. But thanks everybody who actually knows me and understands my motives and intentions. I'm done talking about it now. Sorry Morne for the negative attention. Fill your life with positivity, and cut out all the negativity, and be part of the solution- not the problem. Thanks everybody who is supportive of the decision we've made to get married!

... meanwhile they've raised $3,535.00

like respondent Ryan Parkinson says: .I'm guessing the haters are the women who can't have you, and the wives of the men who want you!!!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:32:01 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2013, 07:37:07 pm »
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/suspect-finds-humor-gay-man-murder-article-1.1348638

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2013/07/212062.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/12/world/europe/gays-in-russia-find-no-haven-despite-support-from-the-west.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/12/us-iraq-gays-emo-idUSBRE82B0VZ20120312

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/25/anti-gay-belize_n_3653609.html

http://www.out.com/news-opinion/2013/08/02/men-who-want-aids-bronx-new-york?page=full

After years of homelessness and a day-to-day existence, Fortner, now 28, was faced with the tantalizing prospect of a place to sleep, regular meals, and more thorough New York City services provided to people who reach a certain stage of the disease. First he would have to meet their diagnosis requirements; then he would receive help.

“I didn’t know about the services,” he says. “I didn’t know that once you have AIDS you’re entitled to all this other stuff.”

That silver lining was a surprise to Fortner. And while it might seem counterintuitive, contracting the virus has made life easier for other young homeless men in New York City, who in return for developing full-blown AIDS gain a roof over their heads and basic services.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Basquo

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2013, 08:57:09 pm »
Is it too late to solicit donations for my wedding from last year??

Not at all! Send an invoice to that bitch aunt. Isn't she responsible for your soul's salvation or some such shit?

Offline bocker3

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2013, 09:19:39 pm »
Not at all! Send an invoice to that bitch aunt. Isn't she responsible for your soul's salvation or some such shit?

Hmmm??  True, the extra money she gets from her deceased EX-husband's SS could be a good start!

BTW - she actually sent me a friend request from Facebook a cople months back!  Honest to goddess!!

M

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2013, 09:25:39 pm »
42 minutes ago, Mr. Turner wrote:

Ok- I'm just going to say it and move on from it. I've asked my wedding guests that in lieu of gifts, we'd rather they contribute toward airline tickets for my parents- something we can use. Gawker has written an article misrepresenting me, talking about how douchy I am because I'm 'having 4 weddings and asking for crowdfunding' so that I can have the public pay for my wedding. Nothing could be further from the truth. But thanks everybody who actually knows me and understands my motives and intentions. I'm done talking about it now. Sorry Morne for the negative attention. Fill your life with positivity, and cut out all the negativity, and be part of the solution- not the problem. Thanks everybody who is supportive of the decision we've made to get married!

... meanwhile they've raised $3,535.00

like respondent Ryan Parkinson says: .I'm guessing the haters are the women who can't have you, and the wives of the men who want you!!!

Um, no.

Luckily, anything they raise over the amount needed to fly parents over will be donated to a really good videographer to take footage of the glorious event.

Here in Atlanta there are many, many people just like these two. They call themselves Libertarians but usually vote Republican. They tend not to age well.

Which is a comfort.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2013, 12:47:14 pm »
sorry if someone posted their honey fund link, seems these two queens aren't too poopular right now.

http://www.honeyfund.com/wedding/ericandmorne

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2013, 12:56:19 pm »
According to one comment they could pay for everything if they stopped bleaching their anus.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2013, 01:08:00 pm »
Sadly the Wumpette refuses to quit bleaching his poo-hole. Miss P has broken off their engagement.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2013, 01:13:31 pm »
Well damn -- there goes our wedding at the Saigon Maxim and a dim sum buffet.

I was hoping to raise money on line to get my parents up here via Greyhound.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2013, 01:17:47 pm »
I thought it was being catered by Hamburger Helper.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.