Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:14:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 385
Total: 387

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: YAY !!! Fage !!!  (Read 6656 times)

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
YAY !!! Fage !!!
« on: August 23, 2007, 02:28:46 pm »
I just discovered Fage  ( pronounced Fah  ye  )  Yogurt   WOW his is some good stuff, Its much thicker ,creamier and tasty than say, Dannon or Yoplait.  Now this isnt a sweet yourt, in fact if you close your eyes you'd swear you were eating sour cream.  which Is why I bought it in the first place, I heard about it on a foodie website as a better start for tzatziki sauce and other greek dishes and from the info on their website :
http://www.fageusa.com/home.html   it contains all of the good cultures you could want from Yogurt and its heat stable, so it wont separate if you use it in or on something like an enchilada or baked potato...
So, given that Im a huge fan of Paula Deen the Butter Queen  who uses Sour cream and or BUTTER on just damn near everything, ( rhyme unintentional  )  Im sticking with my Greek Fage..  but in the reduced fat versions,  althought its a little difficult to compare it with sour cream since the info they have on the container and the website is for a ONE CUP serving...  C'mon   not even Paula Deen douses an individual serving with a full cup of sour cream...

Oh and it doesnt taste like 'Hot Open Ass' like some  similar products. :D
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline Funkengruven

Re: YAY !!! Fage !!!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 04:16:33 pm »
I'm not a fan of sweet yogurts either.  Much to the complete shock and disbelief of my mother, I seem to have lost my sweet tooth when went to college.  I haven't seen this particular yogurt in stores, but I would be interested in giving it a try.  Would it be something I could find in a health food store or organic co-op?  Or would I need to find a Greek specialty grocery store?

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 06:48:43 pm »
I found it at Whole Foods but I think Ive also seen it at the grocery store , Whole Foods  also carries some other Greek yogurt , made with Goats milk..Now that shit will almost bring a tear to your eye its so sour tasting, but it makes amazing garlic cucumber sauce.  Its more expensive  but I think its well worth i tand their website goes into the details about Milk Quality and the extra steps they take in processing  etc ....  besides I was getting sick of that DanActive shit
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline comino

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 06:54:18 pm »
LOVE THE FAGE!   Which kind did you try?  I love the plain that comes with the side of real honey, YUM!   Sometimes I mix it with granola and fresh fruits or frozen berries.   LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
So glad you found it!   Here in Salt Lake I find it a a place called Wild Oats, and when they have it I buy in bulk!  :)
<M>

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 07:47:24 am »
 :)

I'll give it a try, thanks for that... !! There is also this product that I have just recently seen advertised by Dannon, that I also want to try. It supposed to help with lowering cholesterol. You drink one with a meal. I'll give that one a shot too.

http://www.promisehealthyheart.com/products_supershots.asp

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 01:41:28 pm »
I discovered Fage earlier this year. I've tried the "0%", the "2%", and the "Total" (I assume that's 4%) ... I saw just the other day they now have a "5%" but I haven't tried that yet. You're completely right about the sour cream comparison. For some recipes which call for sour cream you can use 0% Fage instead. When mixed with food often there's hardly any difference between the 0% Fage and the others

Offline catwoman

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 03:23:14 am »
OMG!!  I loooove this stuff.  I've had the one with the real cherries on the side.  It's like heaven in your mouth.  Divine!!!  I don't eat it often because the saturated fat is high but when I do eat it, I thoroughly enjoy it.  It's so creamy and rich.  Ummm!  ;D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.