Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:03:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 229
Total: 230

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I Took This Picture Today...  (Read 6807 times)

Offline Basquo

I Took This Picture Today...
« on: September 17, 2011, 09:12:27 pm »
...in Rockdale, Texas. Business must be slow!

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
Re: I Took This Picture Today...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 09:22:12 pm »
...in Rockdale, Texas. Business must be slow!

Could I get the address?  or better yet, do they have mail order service? ;)
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 09:33:03 pm »
coke is on sale this week at Family Dollar for 85 cents per 2-liter, limit 5. :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 09:44:26 pm »
Speaking of coke...  This Irish dude was arrested in Brazil with two pounds of powdah in his belly.  Some people are just nuts

An Irish man has been arrested in Brazil with almost a kilogram of cocaine hidden in his stomach.  The 20-year-old suspect was detained as he tried to board a flight from Sao Paulo to Brussels.

Police say they became suspicious because he looked nervous.  When questioned, he admitted having swallowed sealed capsules of cocaine.  He was rushed to hospital, where he expelled 72 capsules that contained 830 grams of the drug.

If found guilty, he could face five to 15 years in prison.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44554010/ns/health-addictions/#.TnVL16N5mSM

"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 09:49:44 pm »
Speaking of coke...  This Irish dude was arrested in Brazil with two pounds of powdah in his belly.  Some people are just nuts

That pic is so nasty ... looks like he ate too many red hots at a picnic . Can you imagine how people feel when one of those burst when they are smuggling them from where ever .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 10:02:29 pm »
That pic is so nasty ... looks like he ate too many red hots at a picnic . Can you imagine how people feel when one of those burst when they are smuggling them from where ever .

It is not pretty.  I have a relative who worked at the Miami airport back in the 90s; she told me a couple of horror stories of people who died with them pellets in their stomach.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 10:27:59 pm »
LOL at all that up there ^ ('cept for the guy dying)

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline wolfter

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 10:51:18 pm »
Truth in Advertising?   I heard that's how Sam Wahl got started.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 11:15:07 pm »
Looks like tater tots.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Since2005

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 12:31:40 am »
Looks like tater tots.

I thought I was in the 'favorite foods' thread.. some kinda food preparation! ....Yuckkk!!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 01:01:20 am by Since2005 »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 07:05:59 am »

I got offered one of these jobs in Suriname back when I was 24 which I turned down.   
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 10:02:02 am »
Drive thu, no less.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 10:33:46 am »
Can you imagine how people feel when one of those burst when they are smuggling them from where ever .

I used to clean house for a coke dealer in Kent, Ohio, back in the early 80s. (I never liked coke myself, but he paid REALLY well - he mainly paid for my discretion.) He was an utter slob and left tons of coins and even paper money lying around everywhere. The first time I cleaned for him, I left the money on the dining room table (he always left when I came in) but the next time I turned up, he gave it to me and told me I could always keep what I found. This was in addition to being paid $100 each time, and I would normally find around $30 lying around.

One time I was removing used tissues (and money) from the back of the couch (ew, I know, but I wore gloves) and I found a loaded gun with the safety off. Scared the shit out of me. This happened to be one of the few times he returned home before I was finished, so I confronted him about it and asked him to please make sure he didn't leave his gun lying around where I could find it. He thanked me and gave me an additional $100. Made me sorry I told him to not leave it lying around. ;D

Anyway, I lost the job because he died on a flight back from Florida. Cause of death? One of the coke-filled condoms he swallowed burst and he had a heart-attack. RIP Robert. :(  You would have thought that with all the money he had and the way he threw it around, he would have gotten somebody else to do the smuggling. Oh well, he wasn't the sharpest tool in the box by any means.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 03:45:20 pm »
I used to clean house for a coke dealer in Kent, Ohio, back in the early 80s. (I never liked coke myself, but he paid REALLY well - he mainly paid for my discretion.) He was an utter slob and left tons of coins and even paper money lying around everywhere. The first time I cleaned for him, I left the money on the dining room table (he always left when I came in) but the next time I turned up, he gave it to me and told me I could always keep what I found. This was in addition to being paid $100 each time, and I would normally find around $30 lying around.

One time I was removing used tissues (and money) from the back of the couch (ew, I know, but I wore gloves) and I found a loaded gun with the safety off. Scared the shit out of me. This happened to be one of the few times he returned home before I was finished, so I confronted him about it and asked him to please make sure he didn't leave his gun lying around where I could find it. He thanked me and gave me an additional $100. Made me sorry I told him to not leave it lying around. ;D

Anyway, I lost the job because he died on a flight back from Florida. Cause of death? One of the coke-filled condoms he swallowed burst and he had a heart-attack. RIP Robert. :(  You would have thought that with all the money he had and the way he threw it around, he would have gotten somebody else to do the smuggling. Oh well, he wasn't the sharpest tool in the box by any means.

Wow ... I bet he was a chatty Cathy before he went out . Coke was one of those things that I could do for an evening and then gladly walk away from . It always made me anxious and wanting to take a crap , not a sexy drug for me LOL . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2011, 06:25:59 pm »
Ann, your story takes THE HELP in a whole different direction. It does.

Those pictures are so garosssss. Ugh.

Basquo, on your pic it does say "making a difference with service." So I guess they do deliver. Sounds good to me.  
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 06:29:32 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline Basquo

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 09:22:46 pm »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 11:51:15 pm »
Wow ... I bet he was a chatty Cathy before he went out .

Good lord, no! He was far from being a chatty Cathy. He was ultra-paranoid, as only a coke addict/dealer can be. That's why he paid me so handsomely for about two hours of work. He had a few cleaners before me, but they all either stole coke from him, or talked "out of school" (to use an old phrase). We had a mutual friend who knew I wasn't interested in coke and could keep a secret, so our mutual friend hooked us up.

Ultimately, it was his paranoia that killed him. He simply didn't trust anyone else to do the smuggling, regardless of the money he could have thrown their way. After his death, our mutual friend told me he'd wanted to use me as a mule (as I had proven myself trustworthy) but my friend said "no fucking way are you putting her in that kind of danger". The gun hidden down the back of the couch was part of the paranoia.

Coke was one of those things that I could do for an evening and then gladly walk away from . It always made me anxious and wanting to take a crap , not a sexy drug for me LOL . 

Same here. I've had "crap" issues long before becoming poz. Ew. Yeah, I know.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 01:55:34 pm »
Hey Basquo,

You could forward that pic to Jay Leno.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.