Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:23:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 384
Total: 385

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Fond memories of a much loved friend ..Tim  (Read 23983 times)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Fond memories of a much loved friend ..Tim
« on: June 22, 2010, 08:26:05 am »
I had many fond memories of Tim..but one of the first that springs to mind tonight as I sit here thinking about him was in Montreal 2006, Tim leaned forward and whispered in my ear "be at my room at 5pm I have something I want to share with you".I did as I was told and I went off to his room at 5 on the dot, when I went inside the room he had the table set with gourmet cheeses, crackers and a huge slice chocolate cake, and lying beside it was a little card that read:

"I wanted to share these with you Jan because the good things in life always taste better when shared with a friend"

I just hugged him because I couldn't trust myself to speak...I still have the card.

We should have eaten more Chocolate cake Tim.

I miss you more than words can say.

Rest in peace my friend.

In sadness
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
Re: Fond memories of a much loved friend ..Tim
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 12:56:33 pm »
I never had the pleasure of meeting Tim in person, I was not as blessed as some of you that had the opportunity to talk with him in person, yall were truly given a gift by meeting him personally. But as we all know we quickly become attached to each other in these Forums, we come to think of each other as family in the truest sense. We come to love the others on here just as much as  our own family, but with this great joy comes heartache when we lose a fellow member such as Tim.

So with this I have been hit hard with Tim's passing. He was a gem here, he was one of a kind and no one will ever be able to fill his shoes. Even when I was on the receiving end of one of his lashings I always respected him.

I think one way to honor him is to acknowledge and appreciate his passion on issues and the sage wisdom he gave us in these threads. For me, a relatively new Pozzie,  his 27 years of experience with HIV gave me invaluable insight to life with HIV, everyone one of his posts taught me something. His wisdom was invaluable. I loved hearing about his stories, whether it be about his life in the military, remodelling his bathroom, his cast Iron Griddle, his cars, or the somber early days of the AIDS epidemic.

I take comfort in knowing that now he has shed the pain, wheelchairs and scooters and now has a whole body and soul and is the company of those that passed before us such as Em, Ric, and the other 210 friends he lost.

So since my memories of him are limited to these forums I'd like to share snippet's of some of his posts, snippets that made me laugh and some that made me cry...

"Welcome to the fourms, and if you think this thread is redundant, stick around for three or four years; you aint seen nothing yet..."

"Take your pills, and experience the new life."

Kiss my droopy aging arse, you perfect ANGEL Swiss Miss!!!

"Who the fuck listens to us Dinosaurs any more anyway..."

"Thinking of you today, and sending love"

"OK, Church is over, light em up if you got em"

"Drag Queens are special"

"All you have is today, this minute, this second to make changes and refocus your minds and hearts on living fully in the moment"

"Isn't HIV just a laugh riot?"

"I apologise for the error, and back out of the room to my corner. I should have known I was wrong, and refrain from revisiting this thread. Assholes!!"

"I was infected at the age of 36, and given six months to live. The doctor has since died who said that, so beware of doctors playing God"

"I taste more like Baked Brie in Puff Pastry.."

"I wouldn't have had the joy of my 22year marriage to the most beautiful man on the planet."

"and it never gets any easier to say goodbye, so now I just say I'll see you soon enough"

"Love Ya
Tim"

Tim, RIP, your Screenname here says "Offline" but you'll always be "Online" in my thoughts!

-Will

« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 01:10:43 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 04:35:56 pm »
Jan and Will: Sweet posts. Em

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 06:49:44 pm »
I've been in here 6 times today, each time with the intention of posting.

I couldn't do it.  The tears flowed, the hands trembled, mostly I was just lost.

Moffie wasn't just a warrior.  Moffie was a general.  We shared many common experiences in our lives with HIV, we butted heads many times.

(The man could be a pain if you know what I mean.)

But as someone said in the LW forum (I think it was Cliff), Moffie has touched so many, Moffie has made such a lasting impression, Moffie MADE a difference, he will never be forgotten.

And in the final analysis, that speaks volumes.  As I said, not a warrior, but a general. 

RIP Moffie

RAB   :'(

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 08:35:46 pm »

Mark I hope you don't mind me posting this, it's a wonderful photo taken in happier times, the smiles say it all

Sometimes you pick your friends and sometimes they pick you...I'm so glad you picked me Tim.
Jan :'(

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 12:55:12 am »
Mark I hope you don't mind me posting this, it's a wonderful photo taken in happier times, the smiles say it all

Sometimes you pick your friends and sometimes they pick you...I'm so glad you picked me Tim.

How could I mind? Its a great photo, even I look OK in it.

I also remember sharing treats with Tim in Montreal.

We also shared a wonderful time in Vegas, as well as an incredible day at Lake Mead.

While in Montreal, Tim mentioned to me he was certain we had met years earlier in San Francisco. I am talking 30 years earlier.

I remember him talking about how he met Bob.

I had wonderful telephone conversations with him.

I feel a bit lost at the moment. But I know my world is a better place for having known Tim.

Requiescat in Pace, dear friend.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 01:44:13 am »

While in Montreal, Tim mentioned to me he was certain we had met years earlier in San Francisco. I am talking 30 years earlier.

HUGS,

Mark

Oh my  I remember that and I remember what he told me...treats weren't the only things he liked to share with me... ;)

He didn't believe in keeping things to himself, I will miss his openess and his honesty.

Love always

Offline bear60

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 12:48:40 pm »
I will miss Tim.  He was such an important part of these forums. Rest in Peace.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 02:38:16 pm »
I will miss you, friend....the Forums will never be the same without you.

I give you 12 dozen roses   :'(

Rest eternal grant to Tim, O Lord;
Let light perpetual shine upon him.
May the souls of all the departed,
through the Mercy of Christ,
Rest in Peace.   Amen
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline purpledragonfly

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 06:22:10 pm »
I am so sad right now, I think one of the first persons to welcome on here was Tim, and then LIsa.I haven't been on here in awhile and those two were some of the ones i was hoping would be here. I am so sad that we lost 2 very wonderful, smart people. People are put in our lives for a reason, Tim and Lisa helped me just by listening and talking to me. I will always love and miss them.
This is not good bye but see ya later. For i know that they are in heaven and giving God a good laugh.

Wendy

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 09:37:25 pm »
My Dear Tim,

I have no words to describe how much I will miss you, so I will just say, until we meet again, kisses on all your openings.

With All My Love,

Joe

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 03:03:38 am »

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 09:07:39 am »
I’m posting this here and in the Living With thread about Tim, so it’s less likely to be missed by folk.

I think it’s been about 2 years since I logged in here. Today I’m logging in with a message from Bob.

As some of you may remember, after meeting Tim in Las Vegas in 2007, I had the great fortune to share an unforgettable road trip with him across Arizona to go and spend some time at their place. They welcomed me into their home and life with warmth I shall never forget and I had the best time.

I spoke with Bob on the phone the other night. He wanted me to pass on his thanks to everyone here at Aidsmeds for your kind words, thoughts and gestures. He is extremely appreciative to you all.

Debra
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Robert

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 07:02:03 pm »
When I think of Tim I think of a man on his bike, a shadow running across the barron mesas of the Great Southwest and losing himself in the sunset.

Offline terpie82

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 02:18:32 am »
Tim is truly a classic character and the only one who could make me laugh till I almost peed in my pants with his blatant honesty. His body may have seemed worn at times when I met him in Montreal, but his mind was sharper than most. His forthrightness may seem hard to swallow, but in this world of sugar coated fungus, Tim’s words is and has always been a breath of fresh air. He was the big brother type, the educator, and I can remember saying to myself, I have A LOT to learn from this man and I wish I could be more like him. Jerry and Aztecan, I remember those pictures and I'm sure that Tim is looking at them and smiling as he did back then.
Diagnosed in 2003
UD since 2004 and >35%
Three-month treatment interruption for NIH study and back on Stribild 1/8/16

Offline Nancy

• No one belongs in jail for a Plant!!!
    • The Human Solution International
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 04:37:35 pm »
My heart is broken  :'(  .... 

I've been gone for awhile and hadn't talked to Tim on the phone for awhile and was going to send him a message... I did not expect to find this.

I love you Tim!!  I have missed our talks and all the encouragement you gave me over the years to keep fighting.  I pray your at peace now and no more pain!! 
Deborah Cadigan-Little
Diagnosed Oct 1993
Member since Sept 2002
Meds Dec 2003

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 06:13:59 pm »
For you Moffie:   Two years ago today we lost a great friend, so today I will light a candle and raise a glass to a wonderful man, who is missed more and more as time goes by.

You are never far from my thoughts Tim, and you will be forever in my heart...I love you, you taught me so much and without you I don't think I would have got this far.

Tears will flow today but I will be smiling as I think of you and all the things we did together.

Sleep well.

Love always
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 06:23:54 pm by anniebc »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2012, 07:14:27 am »
I miss you so much, Tim. I miss your wisdom and your humour and lately, it's your wisdom I miss the most. I sure wish I could ring you up again and talk for hours like we used to. My partner needs some hiv-sense knocked into him and I know you'd have just the right words to help me accomplish that. You were a wonderful and wise friend and I miss you more than mere words could ever express.

I take some comfort knowing your spirit is soaring and flying through the universe, but how I wish you were still here on earth amongst us.

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:
:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

Love you,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jody

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 12:50:16 pm »
Thanks Jan and Ann for reminding us about old friend Tim.   I miss him very much myself, we have lost so many good folks here.  With work, my 90 year old mom and other issues I don't have as much free time these days.  But it is kind of you to remember Tim.  I remember walking fast to get to the CN tower in Toronto and Tim had difficulty keeping up.  I remember partying in his hotel room in Montreal and the trip to Quebec city.  He had physical issues but was the dean of our website here and so many of us owe a debt of gratitude to Tim.  RIP Moffie dearest.

Jody :'(
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 02:37:39 pm »
I can't believe it's been two year already.  Not a day goes by, when I don't think of Tim.  Somehow we connected on so many levels and he was one of the greatest people I have ever met.  We could talk for hours and no matter how crappy he might be feeling, his warmth and energy always shone through.  It's been a very long time, since I have lost someone as special as Tim.

As always, pray for whirled peas.

With love, respect and sorrow,

Joe

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 10:18:13 am »
Dear Tim, you are gone but NEVER forgotten.  I can only hope, for all our sakes, that you are in a better place now.

He was a true warrior in the battle; yes, a General.   5 star....

Rest in peace, friend.

I send you a Kentucky Derby winner "blanket" of roses....

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 06:35:54 pm »
I too had the pleasure of meeting him and Bob in Arizona.
I could finally teach HIM something instead vice versa.
He started to play Sudoko and never stopped to my knowledge...

Moffie, I miss you and I hope you are looking down on all of us. Kisses on all your openings sweetie...

xxxx Hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.