Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:23:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 383
Total: 383

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: lymph swelling  (Read 15674 times)

Offline er1c2003

lymph swelling
« on: June 18, 2006, 03:04:03 pm »
I am so scared guys!

About 3 weeks ago I gave a guy a handjob and he gave me one...

I know that was considered low risk, but I think I might have got a little precum on my hand and put it on my dick, thats where the risk came

now one of my lymph nodes is swollen and i am scared to death!  this node was always a little bigger than the other on my neck but its kind of visible now. 

does flu supposed to accompany lymph sweeling?  i am SO SCARED!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: lymph swelling
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 03:25:06 pm »
er,

What you describe is not low risk, it's NO risk. Every single part of what you describe is not a risk for hiv transmission. What happened is called mutual masturbation and mutual masturbation is not a risk for hiv infection.

Please read through the Welcome Thread and follow the Lesson links so you can become better informed about hiv transmission.

You didn't have a risk. If your lymph glands continue to worry you, see a doctor. In the mean time, keep your hands off them because touching them will cause them to swell and keep them swollen.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline er1c2003

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 03:50:11 pm »
I know you say its no risk but the thing is that i think pre-cum may have gotten on my penis and that could have been the risk

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 04:15:30 pm »
i think pre-cum may have gotten on my penis and that could have been the risk

er,

No, sorry, but you are wrong. That is not a risk for hiv infection. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus. Successful transmission and infection takes place INSIDE the human body (as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse). When the virus is exposed to the environment, it quickly becomes damaged and unable to infect a new host.

Not one person in the 25+ years of this pandemic has ever become infected with hiv through mutual masturbation and you will NOT be the first.

You did NOT have a risk of hiv infection in anything you describe.

NO risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline er1c2003

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 10:45:55 pm »
thank you so much Ann for your response, i just have a few questions...

Does lymph sweeling usually come befor/after/or with the flu?

I am still really scared because my right lymph node on my neck is huge and is sticking out of the side of my neck.  Well, actually the actual lymph node isnt so big, i think its the skin/fat around it thats big. 

Also, r u sure i couldnt get affected by precum getting on my penis head?  i had depression for like 3 days and now im seeing that thats a symptom too, i havent seen any other symptoms though as of yet. 

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 11:18:35 pm »
thank you so much Ann for your response, i just have a few questions...

Does lymph sweeling usually come befor/after/or with the flu?

I am still really scared because my right lymph node on my neck is huge and is sticking out of the side of my neck.  Well, actually the actual lymph node isnt so big, i think its the skin/fat around it thats big. 

Also, r u sure i couldnt get affected by precum getting on my penis head?  i had depression for like 3 days and now im seeing that thats a symptom too, i havent seen any other symptoms though as of yet. 

Er1,

Swollen lymph nodes can be caused by many things, including prodding and poking them. ;) They're not specific to HIV infection. Many HIV+ people don't experience swollen nodes at all. Depression is not a symptom of HIV infection. Please read the lessons on HIV transmission. You'll find the relevant links in our Welcome Thread. You need to understand that there are no specific symptoms of HIV infection as such.

Getting precum on the head of your penis is in no way a risk for HIV infection. As Ann has told you, there is no risk of HIV infection in anything you describe. If you're feeling ill you need to see your doctor and have it checked out.

Regards,

MtD

Offline er1c2003

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 04:04:16 pm »
OH MY GOSH GUYS!!!

I masturbated earlier and i saw some white clumps (like flour) in my semen.  I am really freaking out now, especially since my lymph node is still very much swollen. 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 04:08:28 pm »
Well don't masterbate if you don't want to see those clumps.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 04:20:39 pm »
Yeah, all us with HIV tend to ejaculate pure baking powder. It's really one of the telltale signs. Well, that and the donkey ears.

Get a grip.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline er1c2003

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 04:28:18 pm »
no seriously... i have never seen anything like this...

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 04:32:52 pm »
Guess what? It has nothing to do with HIV infection.

Diet, stress, frequency of ejaculation, hydration, all have a lot to do with the consistency of ejaculate. It can be thin, thick, clumpy, even bloody if you are using a dildo or vibrator roughly. None of these things is necessarily unusual (though repeated bloody ejaculation might indicate an injury worth seeing a doctor over, or kidney trouble).

Please read this sentence:

You do not get HIV from mutual masturbation.

No way, no how.

You can get HIV from unprotected anal and/or vaginal sex.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 05:41:52 pm »
OH MY GOSH GUYS!!!

I masturbated earlier and i saw some white clumps (like flour) in my semen.  I am really freaking out now, especially since my lymph node is still very much swollen. 

Good Lord! White stuff in your semen? Who would have thought?

Seriously my friend, get thee to a mental health professional.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 05:53:57 pm »
Why do I have an image of the Pilsbury Poppin Fresh Dough Boy in my head? :o

er,

You didn't have a risk on infection by any stretch of the imagination. As you can see, I have a pretty vivid imagination.

There is no risk of hiv infection associated with mutual masturbation. None whatsoever. Nada.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline er1c2003

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 12:06:49 am »
i thank u guys for the responses, its' just that i think u see the mutual masturbation part and run with it, the thing is, i think pre cum got on my penis head and could have went in the opening... thats what has me scared sick, not so much just the mutual masturbation

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 12:28:02 am »
No we read what you wrote. And to think you are the only guy who got semen or pre-cum on his penis and rubbed it is ludicrous. It's a very common thing to happen. And it does not transmit HIV.

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 04:56:50 am »
er,

And to think that the rubbing of that pre-cum or semen made it get inside your urethra and resulted in immediate infection is also erroneous thinking. Transmission doesn't happen that way. It never has in over 25 years of this pandemic and you won't be the first.

You had no risk. And yes, I read all your details the first time. If you'll notice, I quoted you in response #3.

No risk.

No risk.

No risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline er1c2003

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 01:52:54 pm »
Thanks guys, you are really helping me through the HARDEST time of my ENTIRE life.  I can not explain to you the feelings i've had in the past few days... but it gets worse....

i have little white bumps coming in my mouth... i think it could be oral thrush... and my lymph node is continually growing and it stings a little...

i am so scared guys, really, i dont know what to do...

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 02:23:31 pm »
Gee, when i feel sick, I go to a doctor.  Then the doctor tells me what is wrong and more often than not, gives me a prescription.

Perhaps a visit to your doctor is in order if you have things wrong with your body.

But hiv it aint.

Offline er1c2003

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 06:07:17 pm »
thanks a lot guys, u are really all i have right nwo and i know i might sound stupid and petty but this is real...

i think my throat is getting sore now....

i dont know if i should tell someone or not, i just cant wait till i can get a reliable test so I can know something!

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 06:14:45 pm »
You have been advised that this was a no-risk incident.

You have been advised that it is impossible for hiv to be transmitted this way.

You have been advised that you do not need to test over this as there was no risk.

You have been advised to see a doctor if you have physical concerns that bother you.

Am I missing something?  Or are you just not bothering to read any of the responses?

It's sad that you are continuing to fixate on hiv... you know, the thing you absolutely KNOW you DON'T have, when in fact you may have something wrong with you that is easily fixed with a quick trip to the doctor

Offline er1c2003

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 09:36:05 pm »
i understand what your saying, really, i do...

im just so scared because i am usually pretty healthy, then 3 approx. 3 weeks after possible exposure i start to get all these symptoms of the diesease.  its just kind of scarry.

hope im not getting on you guys' nerves, i guess i should just stop posting...

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2006, 01:48:01 am »
what you should do is go to a doctor.

let me repreat that, becuase you don't read very well.

GO TO A DOCTOR.

you do not have hiv... PERIOD.   but you could have strep or mono or one a bazillion other issues that needs medical attention.

Until you go to a doctor, continued posting here will earn you a 4 week time out.

HIV is the absolute one thing you don't need to worry about.

How many times do we need to say that?  If you choose not to believe it, it is your perogative, but don't expect anyone to answer any more questions you pose, becuase we are just wasting our time.

You do not seek to be educated or informed about transmission risks... you have a complex (0cd) that you are infected.... well.. this isn't a mental health website.   we don't cotton to, nor enable, ocd people.

go to a doctor if you have something bothering you.   DO NOT POST HERE again till you have.

your thread is becoming a laughingstock... well, it would be if it weren't so sad.

How many times do you plan on asking the exact same question?   The answers here aren't going to change.   Perhaps you should try a new forum or a psychiatrist if you ocd continues.

and the thing is... when you swap spit with somebody, you can catch a whole bunch of things.... BUT HIV AIN'T ONE OF EM...

Wrap you mind around  that fact.   This forum is toxic to you and I withdraw from this conversation.   I suggest others do as well until you seek the mental therapy you need for your irrational fears.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 02:24:48 am by DingoBoi »

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2006, 02:35:21 am »
I agree with dingoboy, and respectfully withdraw from enabling this person any further.

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2006, 05:11:24 am »
er,

Just for the record guys, I'm sure Dingo meant to say that you MIGHT have a disorder known as OCD. To say that you DO have that disorder would be handing out a diagnosis and of course, nobody can diagnose you over the internet.

You simply MUST see a doctor and you really should seek the face-to-face support of a mental health care professional as well. We cannot diagnose any of your ills over the internet. We can only tell you that you did NOT have a risk of hiv infection through mutual masturbation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline er1c2003

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2006, 06:25:03 pm »
sorry guys for posting again but i was told to post any questions to this topic...

hi guys, i would really like to thank you all for everything.  I dont know if u understand it or not but you are really all i have during this tough time in my life, so thanks for being there for me. 

now to my question...

Can HIV be transmitted through mutual masturbation WHEN the infected partners pre-cum comes in contact with the uninfected partners urethra?  i think this may have happend to me and i am about 75-85% sure the other person had HIV...

also, immediately after i put on my underwear (which were very tight briefs) and the semen did get on the unerwear and could have rubbed on my penis opening while walking...

Also, this morning I woke up with pain in my groin area and i see that I have another swollen lymph node on my upper leg near my groin!  i think i am having anxiety attacks now and i am just so scared you guys...

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2006, 06:38:37 pm »
<< Can HIV be transmitted through mutual masturbation WHEN the infected partners pre-cum comes in contact with the uninfected partners urethra?  i think this may have happend to me and i am about 75-85% sure the other person had HIV...>>

HIV has never, ever been transmitted through mutual masturbation. Never.

Now, if you have found a novel way to mutually masturbate, that has never, ever been tried in humanity before, I eagerly await the details of this groundbreaking experience.

Seriously, Even using your partner's pre-ejaculatory fluid or semen for lube does not transmit HIV. It can, however, transmit other, more robust pathogens like syphilis and gonnorrhea, HPV (the virus that causes gneital warts) and herpes. But not HIV. No matter what sort of spin you put on it, mutual masturbation is, insofar as HIV is concerned, safer sex. Period.

By the way, you are 75-80% sure the person was HIV? Isn't that a little but, um, Shroedinger of you? I mean, do you practice sexual acts based on the likelihood of your partner's HIV status, or do you go on the assumption that any and all partners are HIV positive until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship and test together?

The person's status is irrelevant. YOUR knowledge about HIV and its transmission are the only important facts you need.

Welcome Thread

Offline er1c2003

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2006, 06:42:10 pm »
thanks so much!  i really appreciate it.  i am losing my mind though, literally.

also, the node on my leg is painful. 

nodes on my groin area are also popping up and become very noticeable.
the node on my neck is going down.

i am sooooo scared you guys.

its been just about 4 weeks since exposure and i am so scared

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2006, 06:50:22 pm »
There was no exposure. Because there was no risk.

On this site, we really don't talk about symptoms because symptoms are useless in determining HIV infection.

And I am thinking that the way you have determined your lymph nodes are swollen is by touch, right?

Stop it.

Touching, prodding, poking, whatever you call it, causes lymph nodes to swell. Lymph nodes also swell during periods of stress. So I urge you to acquaint yourself with the Welcome Thread (I post a link in my signature line) and the transmission lessons regarding HIV infection.  That is more or less our Bible here, and its all backed up by the most recent first-tiered, peer-reviewed scientific quantification.

Sorry you are scared. There is absolutely no reason.

Welcome Thread

Offline er1c2003

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2006, 06:56:53 pm »
thank you jk for being so patient and understanding with me.

actually the way i determined that my nodes were swollen is because i felt pain in them.  them when i looked at the one on my neck it looked like it might explode, seriously it was huge and the one on my leg just has theis pain that wont go away. 

i think i will go try and go to sleep and not think about this for a while, i promise i wont post anymore for quite a bit, i hope you guys understand what i'm going through though

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2006, 07:04:40 pm »
er,

I've locked your other thread. I'm telling you here so I don't have to bump the other one up by posting to it. Don't start any new threads, ok? Thanks.

Have you read the Welcome Thread yet like you've been repeatedly asked to do? Yes? Good. Because then you will have read the following:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

If it takes giving you a time out to get you to seek the appropriate help, such as seeing a doctor about your lymph glands that we cannot possibly diagnose for you, then so be it. Please consider yourself warned.

You did not have a risk of hiv infection. That much we can tell you. See your doctor about the physical things that are bothering you. What ever is going on, it has nothing to do with hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline er1c2003

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2006, 10:26:44 am »
PLEASE dont ban me from posting, I really need help. 

I think I am experiencing symptoms of ARS...

I had a sore throat but it went away and the swelling in my necks nodes has went down, but now i have 3 swollen nodes in my groin area that all hurt.  I was reading and I found that with HIV several nodes swell as opposed to other infections where swelling of nodes is usually centralized.  I just think that it's all too iornic that I get this swelling 4 weeks from time of exposure...

i think u guys are really overlooking that there WAS a possibility that seminal fluids got into my urethra...

I know you guys ae saying that there was no risk but I just really think that this is too ironic for this stuff to be happening to me now...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2006, 11:12:02 am »
OK, so you can "think" what you want to about your symptoms. Of course, those thoughts which you are expressing here have absolutely no basis in HIV science, but that's a mere detail for you I guess.

The point is we've gone as far as we can in addressing your concerns. Your insisting otherwise about your situation is something we can't resolve for you.

I'm wondering how much experience you have had sexually with men, and if it's something you're new to, perhaps all of this panic on your part is related to that. But that's just a guess. What is not a guess is that you were not at risk for HIV in this incident.

As Ann has suggested you should speak to a doctor about the symptoms. For the emotional stuff, which I would say are driving your obsessive concern, you need to talk with a therapist or other professional and get some help sorting things out.

This is absolutely not an HIV situation. Period.

Andy Velez

Offline er1c2003

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2006, 04:32:58 pm »
Well I think I will go ahead and "disable" myself for the wait period.  In a few weeks I will try one of those Home Access test and see what the result is, if that turns our negative then I will go to the doctor and get checked for other STI's.  Thanks everyone for your help.  I really appreciate what you all do here. 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.