Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:02:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 388
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 360
Total: 362

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I am angry all the time whats wrong with me?  (Read 12306 times)

Offline lady89

I am angry all the time whats wrong with me?
« on: November 30, 2007, 03:26:20 pm »
Is it fair for my therapist to tell me to let my guard down when I comes to dealing with my husband and his negative comments about anything and everything?My therapist tells me to ignore my husbands comments,but I have been living with this for the past two years.He also says to use better choice of words when talking to my husband,which I agree.However it is unnerving to know that anything I might do or say will make my husband angry and I am just suppose to ignore that type of bullying?I try my best not to hit him everytime he makes a negative comment or tries to control whatever I do.I don't want to go back to my old ways,which I had worked on for 8 years to control,which was throwing a punch first then ask question later.I tend to not stopping hitting until the person starts to cry.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Re: I am angry all the time whats wrong with me?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 04:31:46 pm »
First, Let me say Welcome to the Forums....Now that is out of the way, How can there be any harmony in a house much less a marriage if both people are constantly angry. Do you have any clue to why your hubby is angry? And how about you, why so angry? Or is it from the hubby just rubbing you the wrong way with his attitude? Without knowing what factors in for both of you being so angry, it is hard to give reasonable advice. Just from what you are saying, it sounds like you both need marriage counseling and anger management classes.

When you husband starts getting angry with you, do you try to walk away or leave the house til your temper calms down? I know you're prolly saying, why should you have to but sometimes that is what it takes to diffuse a situation. At least this is how the police explained it to me in the past when I had to be the one to call. I have been where you are is basically what I am saying to you.

And how about meditating? Are you into that? I know you're not thinking about meditating when you are pissed off and especially if someone is following you around screaming. But it does help when you have the time to do it. Keep us posted and introduce yourself sometime in our introductions thread....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline ubotts

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 11:05:58 pm »
Is it fair for my therapist to tell me to let my guard down when I comes to dealing with my husband and his negative comments about anything and everything?My therapist tells me to ignore my husbands comments,but I have been living with this for the past two years.He also says to use better choice of words when talking to my husband,which I agree.However it is unnerving to know that anything I might do or say will make my husband angry and I am just suppose to ignore that type of bullying?I try my best not to hit him everytime he makes a negative comment or tries to control whatever I do.I don't want to go back to my old ways,which I had worked on for 8 years to control,which was throwing a punch first then ask question later.I tend to not stopping hitting until the person starts to cry.

Sound like no one is this relationship will be singing 'Coombiya" over a fire roasting mashmellows, that's for sure..

I would put a check on my anger..Then go for therapy as the Queen said..

I was in a relationship for 12 yrs..the first 7 were good, but I don't know what happened, but
hell, the last 4 yrs I stayed in a wasted relationship.........Totally wasted 4 yrs of living with
that fuck..oops..excuse my Italian.. :-[

Sometimes what we had in the beginning is not the same as it is years down the line. We try
to hang onto the good times, but when it gets really ugly and abusive, weather its verbally
or pychsical, its time to get out or seek therapy together..

If you cant both do that, then do yourself favors, by giving each other butterfly wings, and fly away.

If it was ever meant to be, the butterfly will always return, and if not, then you know you did the right thing...

this stress will only stir up more physical problems for you both...and we certainly don't need extra added bullshit, that rises our bloodpressure among other things..

Your are in responsible for your own destiny, :(
Live Love Laugh and dance like no ones watching.
Laughter is the best medicine, so try to have a laugh everyday..Even if your not feeling your best, think about something that was funny at one time in your life and work with it..   :o)

Offline onealgirl

• ENGLISH
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 05:24:35 pm »
 Hi I just joined the forum.  i think that its OK to be angry, i am sometimes it natural we are HIV+.  but I always try to not let myself stay there to long. maybe that we help you.  let yourself feel you are human and should beat yourself up about being angry.  i sometimes find things to do like writing, going back to college, spend time helping others my church has a food pantry and  do intake twice a month. find things that you like to you.  i also know that GOD would not give you anything that you could not handle.   KEEP THE FAITH.
BIGMAMA

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 05:42:34 pm »
I wonder how Lady is doing?
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline lady89

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 09:01:54 pm »
Thank you to all who responded to my thread.I am doing quiet well now.Just to answer the question;Why don't you just take a walk?Well I couldn't,as I was in a wheelchair from a severe injury to my left knee.I did quit seeing my therapist,because I felt he wasn't helping me.I did find out the reason for all of my anger.My antidepressant stopped working,which was Prozac.Now I am back to my old self,which is a very kind,but very open minded person.Just to let you know I have been living with this disease for 19years,so I know all the ups and downs from this disease.Once again thank you to all who responded.

bleueyes

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 04:04:47 am »
1.Maybe you should ask him to see the counselor with you.
2.Sit down with him and tell him what causes your upset.
3.Separate for some time and see how you feel.
4.Take some tia chi.
5.Leave the house for some time every day.
6.Watch tv in a different room.
7.Find an interest of his you can like and learn.
8.Go out to a movie together or rent a movie together.
9.See a doctor together and have him state the positive points about how far science has come
   with HIV.
10.Cook some new dishes and see how he likes it, remember he is the one who it is made for, so take criticism.
11.pick up a hobbie for yourself.
12.you can always post on here.
13.read a book on how to fix, train, or cook something in your home.
14.ask you husband for help on something new you are trying to learn, something that he knows,
    (maybe: a scapbooking project where you need to use a sodering tool; How to use it properly?),
    Make it a project you are interested in that will involve him in some way his knowledge is useful.
15.Allow him to say stuff, most people do and some women can deal with it and still love, deal with it
    by agreeing with him, even if it is about you. Laugh at him and walk away. Stare into the tv or out
    the window with boredom.
16.Start fixing yourself up in a mirror while he is talking to you.

You don't have to try any of these things or maybe you have, but you know him best and try something, these things may give you an idea of your own, I hope it works.
    Remember sometimes when we try to change it causes a ripple in our surroundings, if we change how is everyone else suppose to react?

« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 04:12:38 am by bleueyes »

Offline coiyass

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 09:27:18 pm »
I think it is ok to be angry being HIV positive its naturally that we might feel angry or depressed sometimes. I would just go with the flow and feel your emotions. Is there a way you can sit down with your husband and tell him how his words make you angry? Maybe if he new that his actions make you mad he will think before he says certain things. I would try to communicate with him and let him know how you feel. If he does not change then I would start punching but only after you have tryed to talk things out.

Offline 1GutsyDiva

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 10:57:20 am »
I'm angry all the time, too. 
I'm recently divorced and thought that by getting rid of 'my biggest irritant' I would feel better and be able to deal with my diagnosis.

Now I'm miserable on top of miserable......and lonely. ???

Offline Veritee

• Post Natal Illness Support
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 10:04:57 am »
I was very angry for the first 4 months of my diagnosis, especially with my husband who gave it to me when I had been faithful for over 20 years but also with a lot of other people and also myself.

I do not feel like this at all now - I may again in the future as others have said it is natural to be angry when you know you have HIV - but I do not feel at all angry now, with my husband or anyone.

Please stick around and talk to us here

Veritee
I have a blog here, please do not judge me on what I say here- I need to offload and this is where I do it: http://hiv-and-us.blogspot.com/

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.