Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:14:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 227
Total: 228

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Poll

QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!

yes
0 (0%)
no
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: July 24, 2006, 09:04:07 am

Author Topic: SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 17366 times)

Offline manlydiaz

SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: July 14, 2006, 09:04:07 am »
Is it possible to get HIV/AIDS from oral sex. I was the inserter with a female hooker. When she finished i saw the napkin she was using to wipe her mouth with had blood on it. Maybe i'm freakin out maybe it was lipstick!, but that napkin looked sooo scary!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 09:50:21 am »
Whether it was blood or lipstick or ketchup is totally irrelevant. In the entire history of the epidemic and uncountable numbers of blow jobs later, there's never been a documented case of transmission in this manner.

You are not going to make history by becoming the first.

If you haven't already read it please read the lesson on transmission on this site. You can find the link to it in the first thread in this section.

You have no cause for concern about HIV from this incident nor any need for testing.

Other STDs are much easier to acquire, so if you are sexually active having a full panel of STD tests done regularly is a good idea -- at least annually and every six months is even better.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 10:14:01 am »
Man,

I locked your poll. This forum is not the appropriate place for polls. Ask you questions in your posts, not by using the poll feature. Thank you for your cooperation.

And for the record, I agree with Andy 100% Not one person has ever become infected with hiv through getting a blowjob and you will not be the first - blood or lipstick, it doesn't matter. No risk.

Please read the Welcome Thread and follow the links for further information.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline manlydiaz

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 06:39:26 pm »
so can someone tell me how long i might need to wait to get tested. I hear its atleast 3 mo after exposure to uprotected (oral) sex. But i hear somepeople on here sayin 6weeks. Can someone help me and let me know. I am nervous, and would really like to know. Thank You.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 06:43:05 pm »
insertive oral sex poses no risk for HIV infection
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 06:51:24 pm »
Manlydiaz,

The average time for someone who has been infected to seroconvert and test positive is 22 days.  The vast majority of people who test at 6 weeks will receive an accurate result. A negative result would still have to be followed up with a 13 week conclusive test.

That said, you have had no risk of hiv infection.  Receiving a blowjob has never, in trillions of blowjobs, resulted in a documented infection.  You will not be the first.... no matter how many "what ifs" you throw in to you encounter.

You do not get hiv from getting head. Period.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 08:01:14 pm »
Man,

While you had no risk of hiv infection through getting a blowjob, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

You don't need to test over your blowjob, but if you are sexually active, you should have a routine test anyway and you can do that now for a conclusive result.

Check out the condom and lube links in my signature line while you're here. A correctly used condom provides excellent prevention against hiv transmission.

Ann

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline manlydiaz

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006, 01:44:53 pm »
I still have one more question can the blood not go down my peehole and infect me?...Or does blood need to meet my blood and then infect. B/c technically if the blood goes into my peehole it is inside of me?....also i ejaculated about 5min after i saw the blood, and urinated about 10-15min later. Please anybody with any information please respond. Thank You.

Offline manlydiaz

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 09:06:08 am »
help!....can anyone answer my question above?....please any information will be valued. Thank You all.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 10:21:35 am »
man,

The correct term for "peehole" is urethra. You do not need to worry about blood getting into your urethra during a blowjob for a very simple reason. There are many different properties in saliva that render the hiv virus, should it be present, unable to be successfully transmitted. Saliva inhibits hiv. The small amounts of blood that might be present in a person's mouth because of bleeding gums or whatever would not be enough to cancel out the protective agents in saliva.

Besides, it might be called a "blow" job, but there is no blowing involved. Normally the penis is sucked and it's unlikely that saliva would get very far into the urethra.

But this is all purely academic anyway. The bottom line here is that not one person has ever become hiv positive through getting their penis sucked and you won't be the first.

You didn't have a risk of hiv infection through getting a blowjob.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline manlydiaz

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 09:13:04 am »
can anyone comment on this link from the CDC which says "either partner can be infected" in oral sex.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pubs/faq/faq19.htm

Offline manlydiaz

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 10:46:41 am »
can ANYONE comment on the CDC newly published article that both partners can be infected from oral sex? and also they say that the blood can infact go into the urethra and infect. Now I am scared again please help!!! THIS WAS A HETROSEXUAL encounter. Please HELP!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 11:05:29 am »
manly,

The CDC is run by a very conservative US government. They post all sorts of things on their website that are not based in hiv transmission science. The current administration in the White House has a moral agenda and they could care less about science or fact.

On this website you will only find risk assessments backed up by up-to-date, first tier, peer reviewed, quantifiable science as published in current scientific/medical journals.

If you read through the Welcome Thread and follow the links, you will read about the serodiscordant studies. THAT is science, not what you read on the CDC website.

Not one person has EVER become infected through getting a blowjob and you will NOT be the first.

And by the way, so what if it was a heterosexual encounter. A blowjob is a blowjob and it doesn't matter who is doing it to whom. Heterosexuals are just as likely to become infected with hiv as anyone else - IF they are having unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 12:09:53 pm »
If you continue to search on the web for (mis)information that will stoke your worst fears, believe me you will find it.

The fact as Ann has stated that there has never been a single documented case of transmission of HIV to someone who was receiving a blowjob. Given this is among the most common of sexual activities it's safe to say we would have known decades before today if the truth was otherwise.

You need to take a good deep breath and exhale this concern away. There is no basis in solid HIV science for further concern.

No kidding.
Andy Velez

Offline manlydiaz

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 11:13:56 am »
ok..it has been officially 22days since my scary encounter. Can anyone tell me what symptoms I am supposed to see or feel. If there symptoms should have already happened?....Also if i get tested now will it be conclusive?....please...i will be gratefull for any insight. Thank You All.

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 12:29:27 pm »
Manlydiaz,

Symptoms don't matter where hiv infection is concerned.  You can have NO symptoms and be hiv positive.  And you can have all of the symptoms usually associated with primary hiv infection and be negative.

What matters are risk factors.  You have to actually put yourself at risk for hiv infection to become infected.

You have not done this and, as such, don't require a test.

If the only thing that will convince you of this fact is a negative test, 13 weeks post exposure is the gold standard for a conclusive result.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline manlydiaz

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2006, 11:29:39 am »
ok i got tested today, it came back negative. I feel sooooo much better. They did 2 tests, the oral swab and then a blood test. I asked her if both tested negative, and she said they only test the blood if the oral is positive. Can anybody tell me how conclusive this oral test at 25day after exposure is?....Thank you for all your help.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2006, 11:35:07 am »
man,

As you did NOT have a risk of infection to begin with, and as long as the test has been taken 12-13 weeks after any unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse, the result will be conclusive.

You didn't have a risk of infection through a blowjob.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline manlydiaz

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2006, 09:26:03 am »
but if i was really positive, would it still come back as negative or inconclusive? at 4wks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2006, 11:12:44 am »
Man,

You did not have a risk of infection through getting a blowjob. You only need to test if you've had unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. Period.

ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline manlydiaz

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 09:54:04 am »
ok here is the thing. i recetnyl went to this massage parlor, and got the usual handjob. I am worried that the lady used a "dirty" or previously used "hot towel" to clean me up with. She had washed it, but i could feel that it wasn't a real "hot towel" that had been steamed. So can anyone tell me if i am at risk? Can i possibly get HIV/AIDS from my penis being into contact with someone elses sperm??? Also i am not Circumcised. Please someone tell me of my risk ASAP. Thank You soo much.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 09:56:30 am »
man,

You need to read the Transmission Lesson like you were asked to last time you were here. Hiv is transmitted through unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse - not towels.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline manlydiaz

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 09:12:54 am »
so ur saying there is no need for me to test?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 09:15:32 am »
What don't you understand? You were told you didn't have a risk. Now if you didn't have a risk, of course you don't need to test.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.