Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:07:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 335
Total: 336

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HIV risk?  (Read 15795 times)

Offline Regretfulandy

HIV risk?
« on: March 01, 2012, 06:38:12 pm »
About 7 weeks I went over to a girls house we engaged in some sexual activies such as her giving me a blow job I never ejaculated, and dry humping I was fully naked no condom on she was still in her panties. What is the risk I could of gotten HIV from her we are both young but I have been so stressed about this is there a big chance I can get it from her I don't think she even had alot vagianal fluids coming out as we didn't dry hump for long. Thanks

Offline RapidRod

Re: HIV risk?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 06:40:53 pm »
About 7 weeks I went over to a girls house we engaged in some sexual activies such as her giving me a blow job I never ejaculated, and dry humping I was fully naked no condom on she was still in her panties. What is the risk I could of gotten HIV from her we are both young but I have been so stressed about this is there a big chance I can get it from her I don't think she even had alot vagianal fluids coming out as we didn't dry hump for long. Thanks
At no time did you have a risk of contracting HIV from receiving oral sex or dry humping.
HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 06:47:03 pm »
Andy,

Getting a blowjob is absolutely NOT a risk for hiv infection. Not one person has ever been infected this way and you're not going to be the first. Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect. For this reason, dry humping is not a risk. Frottage, where both parties rub their unclothed, naked genitals together without penetration is also not a risk for the same reason.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST SPECIFICALLY OVER A BLOWJOB, DRY-HUMPING OR FROTTAGE, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Regretfulandy

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 07:06:16 pm »
Thanks for the quick reponses! So you guys both think I don't have a risk of getting HIV from her, would it be a higher risk if maybe the tip of my penis got into the vagina threw her panties?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 07:07:57 pm »
Thanks for the quick reponses! So you guys both think I don't have a risk of getting HIV from her, would it be a higher risk if maybe the tip of my penis got into the vagina threw her panties?
No.

Offline Regretfulandy

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 07:08:40 pm »
Ok thanks, should I get tested for HIV or just try to move on

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 07:19:51 pm »
Andy,

I already told you that you do not need to test over this incident and none of your further posts have changed that. Believe me, there's no way you could have penetrated her through underwear.

You're obviously new to trying out your sexuality - it's only when you become truly sexually active (having intercourse) that you start to need to have yearly check-ups. Please carefully re-read my first response to you.

You have not had a risk and you do not need to test.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Regretfulandy

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 07:58:55 pm »
Yes this was my first sexual experience that's why I'm so scared and asking these Questions, well thanks for the help now hopefully I can just stop thinking about this

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 08:32:08 pm »
You need to remember that fears and doubts are not facts. And the facts of your situation as you've reported mean you did not have a risk.

Becoming sexually active is very exciting. It also can stir up all sorts of challenging feelings. But being fearful does not change the situation. You were not at risk for HIV.

Really.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 05:18:18 am »
Andy,

In addition to what Mr Velez said, embarking on the sexual years of your life is indeed exciting - but it doesn't need to be dangerous or scary. Make sure when you do start having intercourse that you are using condoms and you'll be well protected.

Again, please re-read my entire first response to you. It contains all the information you need to know to keep yourself sexually safe and avoid hiv infection. Also make sure you read through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them correctly and with confidence.

You might want to buy yourself some condoms that you can experiment with in the privacy of your own bedroom when you masturbate. This way, when the time comes when you need one for real (ie when you're about to have anal or vaginal intercourse), you'll be familiar with what they look like, how they feel and how to put them on.

Enjoy your youth - it may not seem like it now, but it goes so quickly. If you use condoms correctly and consistently, you won't have to waste your youth worrying about hiv.

Ann
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 05:20:41 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Regretfulandy

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 10:11:31 am »
Thank all of you for the help and support, Ann I read threw I misread It at first about the testing part but it makes sense now , hopefully i can be more confident with this stuff before i start into real sex but thank you guys

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 11:20:58 am »
You're welcome. And now you need to get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline Regretfulandy

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 04:55:07 pm »
It's been around 7 weeks and just a few days ago I started having a sore throat and a sinus infection , could this be ARS ?? I read it usually occurs 2-4 weeks but for some people after 6 weeks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 05:11:46 pm »
It's been around 7 weeks and just a few days ago I started having a sore throat and a sinus infection , could this be ARS ?? I read it usually occurs 2-4 weeks but for some people after 6 weeks
Reread the replies you have been given. You never had an exposure and our answers are not going to change.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 05:42:42 pm »

Really? That's the takeaway from what Ann and Andy have written to you?
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Regretfulandy

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 06:40:52 pm »
Hey guys since my last exposure 3 months ago I have been depressed and suffering severe anxiety because of this incident I had, everyday I spend hours reading about HIV and everyone says i have no risk , and that my negative antibody test at 7 weeks should be definitive evidence i didnt get HIV from dry humping because HIV cannot be transmitted trough clothing, or that dipping/penertrating through panties is impossible and all that stuff etc. But why do I still feel so depressed and I can't stop thinking about maybe being infected with HIV , Ann or Andy do you guys have any tips or advice which can help me move on from this incident? Thank you guys..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 06:45:07 pm »
The experiences you have been having suggest to me that you ought to be talking with a counselor or other professional. We've told you that you weren't at risk for HIV. We can't address the kind of problem you are having in this setting.

It would also be a good idea for you to stop surfing the net and other sources about HIV because all it will do is stoke your fears to no good purpose. Get some professional help to deal with what's going on with you emotionally. 
Andy Velez

Offline Regretfulandy

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 11:39:20 am »
Hey guys I'm back :( my last exposure was around 14 weeks ago and since then I had gotten a test at 7 and 12 weeks both negative. But yesterday I had another risk with the same girl!!!! I went over to her house to convince her to get a HIV test bit unfortunately more things happened we were in her room and we first started making out for a few minutes then I took my penis out of my pants then before she made any contact with my penis I had put a condom on then she just grabbed it a few times with her hand no spit was used at all then the last thing that happened was that we were both standing up straight and she was facing me and we were like hugging/squeezing are body's together and I was moving my body up and down on her vagina , the whole time she had her panties on and I had a condom on did I put myself at any risk again? I can't believe I'm going to go through this horrible experience again I was just starting to move on from my last exposure and now I had another one ):.

Offline Regretfulandy

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 12:51:33 pm »
It's been only 15 hours since the exposure I am trying to get PEP but it's te weekend I am not sure if I wait untill Monday it would be after the 72 hour period please help asap

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2012, 01:19:39 pm »
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa! Hey man, stop with all of the totally unnecessary drama.

Talking about PEP is absolutely ridiculous. Nothing you did put you at risk for HIV. As has been explained to your before, the only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse.

You didn't even have intercourse. All you did was some touching and rubbing, neither of which are risks for HIV, even if you hadn't had a condom on.

Get a grip. You need to start applying the information you have been given as you continue on with your life, instead of panicking everytime you have a sexual experience. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline Regretfulandy

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2012, 01:49:01 pm »
Thanks for te reply Andy , I don't know what's wrong with me I know deep down in my hurt I didn't have a risk but my mind won't let me accept it it only it was easy to accept that only  unprotected vaginal and anal are risk for HIV but I just can't. Deep down I know I dont have HIV but I will have to test at 3 months for mental purposes. The girl agreed that she would get a HIV test with me this Thursday but I'm scared if I should follow through with it what If she test positive I wouldn't be able to handle it we are both teens 17 & 16, I'm praying that her test will come out negative so that way I can be sure that I didn't have an exposure from her at all. She has been having sex with er new boyfriend for the last few months she claims to have been using condoms if she test negative if the window period can I rely on it?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2012, 04:48:31 pm »
You're not going to test positive because you haven't had a risk.

My suggestion is that you see a counselor or therapist and talk about your concerns about HIV. We can't help you with that in this setting. But talking in a safe and private setting can be very helpful. We can't provide that here.
Andy Velez

Offline Regretfulandy

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2012, 05:33:45 pm »
Thanks Andy, so Ur 100% sure I never had a risk at all especially from my yesterday exposure? When u say therapy/counseling that would be a with a physicatrist correct, I want to get help really bad but I  just don't want my parents to know of what is going on with me I don't want to hurt them. Do u think there would be support groups or so which would offer free counseling because I can't afford paying for one I am only 17 and this is not something which anyone should be experiencing, thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2012, 06:43:04 pm »
Your latest experience absolutely was without risk for HIV.

No, I was not specifically suggesting a psychiatrist.

Rather I was thinking more of a talking situation in which you might get  counseling/support. If you are a student, is there any service like that offered there?

And as far as "not something which anyone should be experiencing," believe me you aren't the only guy or person who has these kinds of concerns. You might try googling for support services for young people in your area. See what comes up.

Good luck with getting this sorted out. Bottom line, HIV is not a problem for you at this time. 
Andy Velez

Offline Regretfulandy

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2012, 09:43:41 pm »
Ty Andy for the supportive words I will try to get help because that is the only way I can move on I don't think I can handle another 3 months of depression

Offline Regretfulandy

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2012, 11:26:09 pm »
Hey Andy sorry for coming back but I'm getting really scared so my 13 week test was negative from my first exposure but I'm scared what f the nurse re used a needle that was used on a HIV positive person and used it on me aswell it's been 1 week since my test and 6 days since my 2nd exposure an today I had diarrhea , could this possibly be ARS? What is the typical time that ars occurs? It's been 1 week for me , pleas answer thank you. And the sexual clinic is government ran.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2012, 12:38:58 am »
Hey Andy sorry for coming back but I'm getting really scared so my 13 week test was negative from my first exposure but I'm scared what f the nurse re used a needle that was used on a HIV positive person and used it on me aswell it's been 1 week since my test and 6 days since my 2nd exposure an today I had diarrhea , could this possibly be ARS? What is the typical time that ars occurs? It's been 1 week for me , pleas answer thank you. And the sexual clinic is government ran.

This is bullshit.
You do no get infected through an HIV test.

We have done our due diligence and offered accurate information. You have tested negative at the appropriate time.

We are not responsible for your continued quest for punishment for your perceived transgression.

You think you were infected by a needle used to draw blood? Not only are they disposable, they are so thin that a second use would be unbearable.

If you are serious about your accusation, inform your government. You are clearly beyond the scope of these forums. And frankly, I feel embarrassed that we have wasted our valuable resources on you.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.