Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:44:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 211
Total: 211

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: AIDSmeds/POZ collaboration with Kaiser & CSI: NY  (Read 21571 times)

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
AIDSmeds/POZ collaboration with Kaiser & CSI: NY
« on: February 14, 2007, 12:55:58 pm »
I’ve got some pretty cool news.  Starting tonight, the hit CBS television series, CSI: NY, will be starting an HIV-related storyline involving one of its lead characters (Stella Bonasera, played by Melina Kanakaredes).  This was prompted by CBS’s collaboration with the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation’s KNOW HIV/AIDS campaign – a pretty remarkable media campaign which seeks to reduce ignorance and stigma around HIV/AIDS.

Well, when the producers and writers of CSI: NY and the folks at Kaiser decided they needed an online forum where folks could discuss this HIV-related storyline, they asked us to help out.  The folks at Kaiser were familiar with our forums, and knew we were the best place online for HIV-related discussions.

So tonight, when the first episode involving “Stella’s Story” airs at 10pm Eastern Time, we’ll be launching a special forum for viewers of the series so that they can discuss the storyline.  It will appear under our “Off Topic Forums” area (along with the Off Topic Forum and Forums Gatherings).  The CSI: NY forum will be moderated by Ann, Tim, Andy and me, just like the other forums (with the same TO and banning rules).

We hope many of our regulars will participate in this discussion.  Let’s face it, we know much more about HIV/AIDS than the average viewer of CSI: NY, so our opinions will be essential in crafting a productive discussion about this storyline.  Anthony E. Zuiker, the creator and executive producer of the CSI franchise, along with his writing staff, will be frequent readers of this online discussion – so don’t hold back on giving them your reactions to the storyline.

That said, there’s a major caveat everyone needs to be clear about before posting to this new forum.  CBS will have legal rights to any and all content in the CSI: NY forum (and ONLY that forum).  You’ll see their legal agreement the first time you try to post there.  If you accept the agreement, then CBS owns whatever words you post in the CSI: NY forum.  If you talk about your personal experiences with HIV, CBS could reprint them somewhere.  Or your reaction to the storyline could be quoted in an advertisement for the show.  In fact, they can use your words any way they want.

If you’re okay with giving CBS ownership of your words, then join the discussion.  If you’re not okay with this, then it’s very easy to avoid – just don’t post anything in the CSI: NY forum.  Continue posting in our regular forums, which are not affected by the CBS waiver in any way (even if you accept the waiver in the CSI forum).

I, for one, plan on joining the discussion, and sharing my opinions (then again, being a media whore, I’ve signed lots of waivers like this over the years).  I’m hoping the discussion will be lively, and that this forum will help to reduce some of the ignorance and stigma associated with HIV.

I’m excited to be able to partner with the KNOW HIV/AIDS campaign.  I encourage you to read about this campaign if you’ve never heard about it.  They’ve worked with CBS on over 20 HIV-related storylines on various CBS television series.  They’ve created dozens of public service announcements on TV, radio, and billboards, including a new TV commercial featuring our own Regan Hofmann, POZ Magazine’s editor-in-chief, which was shown during Sunday night’s Grammy Awards.

If you’ve got questions about this new partnership, or how the CSI: NY forum will work, feel free to post them to this thread.

Peter Staley
Founder
AIDSmeds.com

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: AIDSmeds/POZ collaboration with Kaiser & CSI: NY
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 01:08:18 pm »
EXCITING NEWS PETER!

So, where do I sign up to be the new character on CSI: NY?  I can be the reformed man whore, orrrrrrrrrrr the Corporate VP no one knows has HIV.....  Oooooo the possibilities.

Im ready for my close up Mr. Demille!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 01:10:51 pm »
Please clarify whether (a) CBS copyright will apply to avatars, personal text, signatures etc and (b) whether comments etc, if used, will be attributable by name/handle and therefore (c) whether it is possible to make comments with a request for non-attribution and have this honoured by CBS.

Otherwise good luck (Ann, Tim, Andy and other Am I? posters). And generally good luck with this bold and potentially very public (for all of us, small Internet backwater band that we are) experiment.

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 01:12:10 pm »
How will the "viewers", (if they are not currently members of the forums) of CSI learn of this special forum you are creating?

Or is this special forum for current members who also watch CSI?

RAB

Offline Peter Staley

• AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 01:18:28 pm »
RAB -- at the end of each episode that includes this storyline (4 episodes in total, concluding on May 2nd), a short PSA will appear encouraging viewers to visit the knowhivaids.org website.  On their home page, there will be a CSI:NY logo and some text which leads them to a page that will include a link directly into our CSI:NY forum.

Also, CBS plans on making a media push around this storyline, and I'm hoping they'll mention the forum in their press release, etc.  So it might end up in various news stories.

Peter

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 01:22:16 pm »
RAB and Newt are echoing my thoughts.  I do not watch CSI so I won't be posting.  But are you inviting the general public in to the forums in a big way?  Will visitors be wandering around other forums.  Maybe it's a good time to lay low in the forums until it's all over.  Time to change back my avatar.

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 01:29:31 pm »
CSI ?? whats the story going to be ? Murder at a PoZ meeting ??

I'll definitely watch and add my 2¢,  but Ill be keeping my little Witticisims to myself. They can Get their Own Material.
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 01:30:07 pm »
Just read your reply Peter.  BAD IDEA.  Sorry.  Lots of folks here are skittish about their participation and have over come that.  Myself included.  To use these forums as a springboard for schlock TV producers to hone their scripts is unimpressive, in spite of the campaign tie in.  These are your forums to use as you please.  I feel vulnerable because of your decision.

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 01:38:46 pm »
How cool. I'm all in.
Great job Peter! :-*
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Peter Staley

• AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 01:41:40 pm »
Please clarify whether (a) CBS copyright will apply to avatars, personal text, signatures etc and (b) whether comments etc, if used, will be attributable by name/handle and therefore (c) whether it is possible to make comments with a request for non-attribution and have this honoured by CBS.

Otherwise good luck (Ann, Tim, Andy and other Am I? posters). And generally good luck with this bold and potentially very public (for all of us, small Internet backwater band that we are) experiment.

- matt

Matt:

(a)  Yes, if you post in the CSI forum, then they will have rights to whatever appears in your post, including the avatar, personal text, signatures, etc.  Let's be clear here though.  Currently, Smart+Strong has THE SAME rights to everything you've posted thus far in the forums.  And as you've pointed out (and complained about), we've used members' posts for promotional purposes (blurbs on our home pages, and blurbs in our newsletters).  If you post in the CSI forum, you'd be giving CBS the same rights, but ONLY to whatever content you post in THAT forum.  Folks are fairly familiar with how we have used our content rights up until this point.  With CBS, we don't have the advantage of any prior history with them, so there's no way of predicting how they might use the CSI forum's content.

(b)  Yes, if they want to, they could attribute any content to whatever username/signature/etc. appears along with a post.

(c)  We have not made a prior arrangement with CBS for them to honor requests for "off-the-record" or anonymous postings.  You could always try to include your own legal language with each of your posts in the CSI forum, but only a good lawyer would know if that would superseed the CBS waiver you accepted.

Peter

Offline newt

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 01:41:59 pm »
"Wed 14th CSI NY
Heart of Glass
Programme 63, Series 3
Mac may have a difficult time solving the murder of a music mogul the sister cleverly uses a lie detector test to cover up the crime. Stella wonders if she has AIDS due to an accident". (from TV.com)

The smart pathologist loses it at a crime scene n cuts herself on some bloody broken mirror glass. (Yep, this CSI junkie made a sarky comment on the plot here 2 days ago...oh well...)

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 01:44:51 pm »
Just read your reply Peter.  BAD IDEA.  Sorry.  Lots of folks here are skittish about their participation and have over come that.  Myself included.  To use these forums as a springboard for schlock TV producers to hone their scripts is unimpressive, in spite of the campaign tie in.  These are your forums to use as you please.  I feel vulnerable because of your decision.

I dont think you can outright say its a BAD IDEA, it may not be what YOU personally want but I would think that increasing peoples awareness about HIV and this site is a GOOD IDEA.
RIDE!!!

Offline Peter Staley

• AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 01:45:28 pm »

Did you read about the KNOW HIV/AIDS campaign before deciding this was all just "schlock"?  I only wish AIDSmeds had received the same praise and recognition this campaign has to date.  And my opinion, they've deserved it.

Peter

Offline newt

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 01:48:22 pm »
Re: non-attribution, I was thinking more just of common politeness and sensitivity. Cleary money or sommat talks, and it is possible under some circumstances for S+S to surrender ownership of posts (but not back to the original HIV-postive author it seems).

Meanwhile Im'm outa here, maybe I'll go sailing or caravanning or sommat.

- matt

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 01:49:20 pm »
The smart pathologist loses it at a crime scene n cuts herself on some bloody broken mirror glass.

This wont be good for us over on the AM I INFECTED forum.
RIDE!!!

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 01:49:53 pm »
My comment was on network tv, not the campaign.  Good luck with it.  I'm outta.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 01:52:28 pm »
I hope all the im outta here comments are just about this thread and not the forums.

This isnt a gated community we live in people!  Anyone can currently come to this site and view what they want about you.  CBS won't be stealing anything from the OTHER forums and for godsake we are at least 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 clicks away from the actual address they will be putting up I imagine.

Dont get your panties all in a wad just yet.
RIDE!!!

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 01:58:38 pm »
Well, I don't ever watch CSI (being more of an SVU fan), and I'll be at work until 11 EST today, so I won't be able to comment on the episode intelligently (please don't think that's going to stop me from commenting on it in any way)... but anything that brings more people to this website can only be a good thing I think.

I just checked out the Know HIV/AIDS website, and I'm well-pleased to see they have included some resources and information for people if they test poz... rather than that "cut ya loose" thing a lot of PSAs and HIV-awareness campaigns seem to do. 

Myspace (and by extenstion, Fox) technically owns everything that I've been putting on that site for three years now... so the fact that CBS is going to own whatever anyone puts up there isn't much of a big deal, at least to me. 
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 01:59:43 pm »

So, where do I sign up to be the new character on CSI: NY?  I can be the reformed man whore, orrrrrrrrrrr the Corporate VP no one knows has HIV.....  Oooooo the possibilities.

I'll be your personal assistant!

We have to be in hair and makeup in fifteen minutes!

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2007, 02:02:06 pm »
My narcissistic personal assistant.  That i have a torrid affair with and we create a SUPER BUG and eventually go Jericho on everyones ass?
RIDE!!!

Offline Peter Staley

• AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2007, 02:07:42 pm »
Well, I don't ever watch CSI (being more of an SVU fan), and I'll be at work until 11 EST today, so I won't be able to comment on the episode intelligently (please don't think that's going to stop me from commenting on it in any way)... but anything that brings more people to this website can only be a good thing I think.

You can watch their episodes on their website -- http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi_ny/.  However, I'm not sure how quickly they post them -- hopefully the following day.

Peter

Offline Basquo

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2007, 02:08:55 pm »
So is my avatar going to get me in trouble if I post? I took the picture, but it's of a trademarked image(s). Come to think of it even if I don't post, they might click on me if I'm browsing.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 02:13:56 pm »
You can watch their episodes on their website -- http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi_ny/.  However, I'm not sure how quickly they post them -- hopefully the following day.

Peter

Thank you!  I'll check it out whenever they put it up.

It now looks like I'll have "facts" to back up my opinion of the episode.

Peter has saved everyone on this site from an onslaught of ignorance... and for that, you all should be thankful.   ;)

Offline Peter Staley

• AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 02:15:06 pm »
So is my avatar going to get me in trouble if I post? I took the picture, but it's of a trademarked image(s). Come to think of it even if I don't post, they might click on me if I'm browsing.

If it's a trademarked image, I'm sure they'd want to clear it with the trademark holder.  But let's not go overboard here.  If you're not using a face pic, I'd seriously doubt CBS would have much interest in the avatars.  

CBS does NOT have any rights to anything from folks that haven't accepted the legal waiver, so if you only browse the forum, you'll be fine.

Offline Peter Staley

• AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007, 02:19:33 pm »
Peter has saved everyone on this site from an onslaught of ignorance... and for that, you all should be thankful.   ;)

Thanks, but I'm not sure I have yet.  There's nothing from keeping CSI fans from posting in the other forums.  We're hoping they all play nice, but we can't guarantee it.  If any wackos start posting in the other forums, we want our regulars to immediately report the post to us, and DON'T respond to the provocation.  We'll ban the offender, and delete their posts, ASAP.

Thanks,

Peter
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 02:21:11 pm by Peter Staley »

Offline AustinWesley

• HIV Discussion Group on Myspace!
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 02:21:09 pm »

I’m excited to be able to partner with the KNOW HIV/AIDS campaign.  I encourage you to read about this campaign if you’ve never heard about it.  They’ve worked with CBS on over 20 HIV-related storylines on various CBS television series.  They’ve created dozens of public service announcements on TV, radio, and billboards, including a new TV commercial featuring our own Regan Hofmann, POZ Magazine’s editor-in-chief, which was shown during Sunday night’s Grammy Awards.

If you’ve got questions about this new partnership, or how the CSI: NY forum will work, feel free to post them to this thread.

Peter Staley
Founder
AIDSmeds.com

To be honest I wasn't aware of this campaign at all.   I've been consitently appauled that there is virtual no media coverage, and very few stories which portray HIV+ characters in a good light.   Frankly, I'm tired of seeing so many HIV+ characters portrayed as a victims or vilans.  Could we maybe have at least one hero?   One that doesn't die?

I'll DVR it, but won't hold my breath that it will live up to my high expectations, but I guess any coverage is better than none!

Wesley
(And you can use my name!) ; )
Diag. 3/06  Infected aprx. 2 mo. Prior
Date        CD4   %      VL
4/6/06     627    32    36,500     NO MEDS YET!
6/7/06     409    27    36,100
8/23/06   408    25     22,300
1/2/07     354    23     28,700
2/9/07     139    30     23,000  Hep A Vaccine same day???
2/21/07   274    26     18,500 
3/3/07    RX of Truvada/Sustiva Started.
4/5/07    321     27      Undectable 1st mo.  
5/16/07  383     28    Undectable 2nd mo.
8/10/07  422     32   UD <48 on new scale!

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2007, 02:28:19 pm »
Thanks, but I'm not sure I have yet.  There's nothing from keeping CSI fans from posting in the other forums.  We're hoping they all play nice, but we can't guarantee it.  If any wackos start posting in the other forums, we want our regulars to immediately report the post to us, and DON'T respond to the provocation.  We'll ban the offender, and delete their posts, ASAP.

I meant from an onslaught of ignorance on my part about the episode.   ;)

And the caveat about the potentially offensive/ignorant/insane posts is noted.  Rise above it... rise above it... and report!

Offline Peter Staley

• AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2007, 02:35:56 pm »
I hear ya.  However, I haven't seen the episodes either.  I do know that the writing staff at CSI worked closely with Kaiser on it.  That said, it still might piss me off.

But that's one of the reasons I think it's great that we're hosting this.  Not only do we have to opportunity to educate CSI fans, we'll also have the opportunity to give the creator and writers at CSI:NY an earful (if we think they need it).  This doesn't have to be a "we love CSI" forum.  Let's be good activists here, and try to enlighten those that need enlightening.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 02:46:39 pm by Peter Staley »

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2007, 02:37:28 pm »
I think this is a great idea and an opportunity to raise awareness which shouldn't pass untouched. I was told that the South African adaptation of Sesame Street features a poz character and consider this decision as a brave and necessary step towards education on HIV/AIDS. But I reckon CSI:NY is seen by more and other people who need education on HIV/AIDS just as well.

It' ll take a few month until these episodes will be aired over here in Europe and I'm looking forward to it. I just hope the poz character in CSI:NY doesn't die in the last episode as this is the way this topic is usually handled in main stream media. You want big drama, try AIDS. Perhaps the forthcoming discussion helps to change this attitude.
"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Offline NycJoe

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2007, 04:12:09 pm »
I think this is excellent news.  The more people learn the more they know and if by watching the show they decide to drop by this website to learn more about HIV and debunk any myths they may think about this disease it helps them and the rest of us too.  I look forward to watching the show and contributing. 

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2007, 04:35:34 pm »
Hhhmmmm... As loath as I am to sound negative (no pun!) before the show even airs, after watching the trailer (link below) it appears the character is wearing gloves (I may be wrong) and is cut by a blood covered piece of a mirror:

http://www.cbs.com/innertube/index.php?src=email&vid=1700&format=rm|wmv

That's not exactly what I would describe as an ideal method of educating the public about HIV since most of us were not infected by broken mirrors or glass (I was infected by Chapstick).

Watch the trailer and tell me if my half-blind old eyes invented the images I saw...

But maybe you should watch the entire show (when it's on the CBS website I will) before any judgments are made.

Boo

« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 04:39:28 pm by Boo Radley »
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2007, 04:53:41 pm »
Hhhmmmm... As loath as I am to sound negative (no pun!) before the show even airs, after watching the trailer (link below) it appears the character is wearing gloves (I may be wrong) and is cut by a blood covered piece of a mirror:

http://www.cbs.com/innertube/index.php?src=email&vid=1700&format=rm|wmv

That's not exactly what I would describe as an ideal method of educating the public about HIV since most of us were not infected by broken mirrors or glass (I was infected by Chapstick).

Watch the trailer and tell me if my half-blind old eyes invented the images I saw...

But maybe you should watch the entire show (when it's on the CBS website I will) before any judgments are made.

Boo

They probably had to do something which made sense in context of the show.

And it's certainly no more ridiculous than the assumption that CSI already operates on... which is that forensics departments have seemingly limitless funds, solve the crimes within the hour, and have incredibly attractive staffs.

Edited to change my godawful spelling mistakes...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 05:10:51 pm by aupointillimite »

Offline Peter Staley

• AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2007, 05:06:39 pm »
this is actually a good conversation for the new forum itself.  I'm trying to get permission to open it early, so that it won't look completely empty when the first "fans" arrive.

Offline Peter Staley

• AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2007, 05:30:20 pm »
Alright, it's open.  Please start a thread or two about the trailer.  You are right -- Stella has a possible workplace exposure.  Not a common topic in these forums, but in hospital settings, needlestick accidents are all too frequent.  Is this scenario similar in risk?  Again, let's get something started in the new forum.

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2007, 05:44:04 pm »
They probably had to do something which made sense in context of the show.

I know, yes, in the context of the show, which I've never seen so have no views on it, a workplace accident might occur, but I smell something when the character contracts HIV in a totally "innocent" manner.  Forensic scientists can't have accidents with condoms or make mistakes involving high-risk activities (or be promiscuous gay males or straight females who are strictly latex-free? -- forget that one...)?

I'm sorry, I really hate TV so it's probably my ingrained inability to appreciate anything on it (besides the Simpsons and AbFab) clouding the issue before the actual program airs.   I temporarily rescind my criticism and will wait until I can see the show.

Boo

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2007, 06:00:11 pm »
Oh what fun!!

I have a "Bitter Valentine's Day" party to go to...but I am DVRing the episode so I can comment later...but I do have one issue...HIV by broken mirror?? Well...I will hold judgment and comment till I see the episode...but still!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2007, 06:12:23 pm »
are these the same morons who produce CSI Miami? Maybe the worst TV show in history. I have several questions for them.
Why does David Caruso always look off to the side and never directly at anyone?
Why does David always wear a dark suit in Miami?
Who in the name of God drives a Hummer in Miami?
Why does no one ever sweat in the Miami heat?
Why would any women want to have sex with David Caruso?
Can they make the blonde appear any dumber?
Why do they have the african american mortician act and dress like a whore?
This show actually makes CSI vegas seem good.
Why are there never any gays in CSI Miami?
Who thought up the idea of  Tsunami hitting Miami? Who ok'ed it? Fire both.

Offline Peter Staley

• AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2007, 07:35:33 pm »
you can see how Kaiser's KNOW HIV/AIDS site is promoting our CSI:NY forum by clicking here.  It's a letter from the creator of the CSI franchise.

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2007, 08:05:32 pm »
I AM IN ON THIS!!!

Could I ask just something? If these guys pick something from us , could they just let us know? I do not know, perhaps in an email or a post or something? Not for legal purposes at all...It's more like a personal thing you know? I have no problem if they pick my textual comments for a line of the characters...But It would be nice to know that my words are being told in the show...

Yes, yes... A sentimental fag...But what can I do? :p

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline Peter Staley

• AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2007, 11:02:58 pm »
We'll be staying in touch with the show's staff, so if they end up using the content for anything, we'll probably hear about it, and let forums members know.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2007, 12:26:00 am »
DIBBS on getting to be the first to bang stella!
RIDE!!!

Offline Sky

• Myspace
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2007, 12:29:17 am »
They need to break the stigma, not create more misinformation and scare tactics.
Poz since 2003.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2007, 12:32:38 am »
Me banging stella aint scary baby!  Its natural, and its a beautiful thing!  Have you SEEN me nekkid?!?!?!?

Oh and Peter, how did the site do tonight?  New hits new members unique visitors that kind of thing.
RIDE!!!

Offline Peter Staley

• AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2007, 12:54:42 am »
Pretty big jump.  The forums were getting about 1,500 page views an hour this evening, before the show aired.  From 11pm till midnight, we got close to 4,600 page views (more than 3 times as much as prior to the show).

Offline AustinWesley

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2007, 01:59:41 am »
Can someone direct me to the correct link and name of the episode?

I had set my DVR and it recorded some other episode that had nothing to do with this topic.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2007, 07:26:53 am »

I did not watch the episode last night, But I do have it on tape. Ed and I are going to watch it Saturday, until then I am not going to look at the CSI forum responses.

Edited to add :  I have never seen CSI, Ed has watched it before.
Ray
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 07:29:36 am by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Peter Staley

• AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2007, 08:51:43 am »
Can someone direct me to the correct link and name of the episode?

I had set my DVR and it recorded some other episode that had nothing to do with this topic.

You can watch the full episode, titled "Heart of Glass," here:
http://www.cbs.com/innertube/player.php?cat=115222&vid=&format=&auto=1

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2007, 12:10:19 pm »
Pretty big jump.  The forums were getting about 1,500 page views an hour this evening, before the show aired.  From 11pm till midnight, we got close to 4,600 page views (more than 3 times as much as prior to the show).

Good deal!  Thats 4600 more opportunities to spread the knowledge not the virus!  (WHICH IS AN EXCELLENT SLOGAN, Someone write that shit down.  Damnit im good!)
RIDE!!!

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2007, 01:28:48 pm »

Look at the user stats on the left of the page:

Online Ever: 388
(Yesterday at 10:13:13 PM)

That number wasn't even at 200 before last night, was it?

Boo

Offline AustinWesley

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2007, 01:33:37 pm »
I don't know, but I noticed a LOT more people were online and reading in the forumns.  I've not had the opportunity to watch the program yet....hoping to at lunch.

Anyways, I say whatever helps get the word out.  Lot of people out there don't know about this site so I think it's a good thing to draw more attention to the site.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.