Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:46:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773274
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 390
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 374
Total: 377

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Need advice on possible relocation...Orlando area  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Imnew2this

• I'm stronger because of it
Need advice on possible relocation...Orlando area
« on: March 30, 2009, 11:15:48 pm »
I have a very nice job opportunity in the Orlando area and will continue to have health benefits as I do now.  The unfortunate part is that my partner would lose his current benefits unless he is able to find a job with benefits there (he does not have a college degree).  Of course, we always have COBRA, but we all know how expensive that is.  He is not yet on meds, unlike myself.

So I would appreciate any insight anyone would have on the situation.  Do I sacrifice the job opportunity for myself in order for him to keep his benefits?  Does anyone know about HIV care in the Orlando area?  What about the HIV services available at the county health departments?

Thank you all for your help.  Best of health to everyone!

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
Re: Need advice on possible relocation...Orlando area
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 10:06:54 am »
Hello,

www.hopeandhelp.org   is a good place to start.

Most of the major tourist companies (Disney,Universal etc.) offer medical to employess and domestic partners.

good luck
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

Offline PRMike

Re: Need advice on possible relocation...Orlando area
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 10:25:09 am »
I have a very nice job opportunity in the Orlando area and will continue to have health benefits as I do now.  The unfortunate part is that my partner would lose his current benefits unless he is able to find a job with benefits there (he does not have a college degree).  Of course, we always have COBRA, but we all know how expensive that is.  He is not yet on meds, unlike myself.

So I would appreciate any insight anyone would have on the situation.  Do I sacrifice the job opportunity for myself in order for him to keep his benefits?  Does anyone know about HIV care in the Orlando area?  What about the HIV services available at the county health departments?

Thank you all for your help.  Best of health to everyone!
Hi I live in Kissimmee and I go to the Health Dept here for my health care, now i have Medicaid only but my doctor is pretty good but I must warn you that over here the services for people with Hiv/Aids is really not the good,, what I mean is compared to California or New York it really stinks,, I have been with out a case worker ever since I came to florida which is going on 6 years now, they tell me that in order for me to have a case worker I have to be sick or in real need of help...
also there are not too many places that provide help for US
now the weather is great...
well I wish you the best of luck and may GOD bless you as always your new Friiend PRMike
PRMike

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.